Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
So really what are men looking for?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Strong women require strong men.

I like a challenge, and expect no less.
 manthere
Msg: 4
So really what are men looking for?
Posted: 7/3/2005 6:50:15 AM
Why would anyone be wanting a challenge? Too much stress.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2005 7:25:39 AM
I expect a woman to be strong and to have opinions. I also expect her to be able to discuss things in a decent manner, and to agree to live with differences of same.

Otherwise, it's pretty boring.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2005 7:36:44 AM
Is that a problem now ? Did I miss a meeting ?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/3/2005 10:19:43 AM
sirpaul Speaking for only moi, men who are in a rush turn ME off. If you're looking to find someone to hang around with for awhile, you're building something and need to invest time with that person to be sure it's the right one. That's just me, though.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/3/2005 6:31:19 PM
tweetie Thanks, that's so true. If more men understood that, I'm looking for some help in that area, because heck I want sex too and I enjoy it just as much if not more than he does. So if we can't keep that in check until we get to know each other, then we probably WON'T get to know each other.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/3/2005 6:33:16 PM
internet Geez, another young Canadian hottie, nice biceps! Whew! Your spelling is correct..compatible. Good post. So smart so hot so young and soooo far away. Good thing for you! Bet you have well developed delts and traps too.....
 mysticEF
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2005 7:34:29 PM
I think, men are looking for the best total package they can get and maintain. They want a woman who can cook, clean, are from a good respectable family, are smart, can bear children, be their best friend, and look fanastic. They want a penthouse pet with all the rest........lol
 Vince1214
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/4/2005 8:11:10 AM
This is really an easy question to answer. I shall have to do it in two parts.

First, BOYS are looking for sex. They have not matured enough or developed their characters enough to understand that a relationship requires far more than the physical intimacy that sex brings. Even when these boys get the sex, they may not experience true physical intimacy, but rather merely the physical release (ejaculation) that so often accompanies sex for men. This sex is more about control in that the boys feel that they have conquered their prey, so to speak, and have received what they deem their proper reward for buying her that Happy Meal.

MEN, on the other hand, are looking for a real spiritual connection. I do not mean religious here, but rather a deeper, more meaningful connection than just emotions and intellect can provide. These are, of course, important parts to the whole, however. Men want to find someone with whom they feel that they can grow, both individually and as a couple. They want to feel that their partner has developed her character to a higher level and is not afraid to express her opinions. Nothing is a greater let down than a woman who kowtows to her partner's opinions simply to avoid conflict. Through the differences, properly discussed, a relationship can only grow and flourish. Sense of humor is important, too, since men tend to be fools on occasion when their inner "boy" peeks through their man-like exteriors. So tolerance is a factor here, too.

Sorry for the long, philosophical answer to your pithy question, but I've gone through too many bad relationships to have not questioned myself on this point already.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/4/2005 11:39:51 AM
Men like feminine women.
Men like women that are nice to them.
Men like sex, too.
Men like women with nice personalities
Men like respect
Women like many of the same things men like- in reverse.

PS, what is a strong woman?
 Armo_Muchacho
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:10:40 PM
brains and somethign nice to look at...

that pretty much it...if you can hold a convo and challenege me every now and then...and still have a great rack and sexy legs...your defintly whatim loking for
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:42:37 PM
Well I like what onthebus said........A back rub, a good meal, and an all-nighter. Seems to be quite normal for guys.

Pretty much the same thing as most girls do. But who's gonna admit to that?

Hey Bus.....get to the London BBQ. You would have a blast....Daffy would suffocate you with them boobs of hers. Zena would marry you just for that cottage. Oh heck, you'd just make friends with all of us. We're kinda crazy over here in Canada. All we ever do is have fun!! mhahahahahahaaaa
 bucsgirl
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/11/2005 9:12:15 PM
ruby You so have it going on, you know what it's about!! I miss that thread what makes a man sexy, we had some fun there, didn't we?? Maybe need to pull it back up out of the mothballs...that was one of the best and most fun I've seen..
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:58:14 PM
Depends on the definition of strong too.

If a woman wants to be in charge, that's too strong. ( It should be an equal partnership, with neither having control all the time - although it might fluctuate slightly. Consider it a parliment of the heart.)

A woman that has strong opinions is great, as long as she is not telling you that you are completely wrong when you disagree. That doesn't mean you back down, either. You can ( like we occasionally wind up doing here) disagree with respect.

As long as it's not someone trying to dominate another.
 uniqueman46
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:37:54 AM
This isn't such a hard question. Men are just people, like everyone else. I'll grant you this however; Most men have spent far too much time measuring their "manhood" against other men, and far too little time appreciating life itself. As a gender, we are our own worst enemy. I see it in these posts, even here. The bullsh** is really FLOWING. But to answer the question, this man, for example would simply like to be able to be in the same place with a woman who's at the very least, not wasting time trying to prove she's the flavor of the week from the current description of what the modern culture says a real woman represents. It's sad to see the waste of precious time. STOP listening to advertisers to tell you who you should be!!!! Enough about that.

In the end, we're all just looking to love and be loved.

But, love is, among other things, "extending one's self for the growth of another", so the whole search about what either sex is looking for is off target and mute, unless you can find 2 people who are willing to lay down their egos a little and care for each other. That's the kind of a person worth seeking out.

And as for dating and beginning relationships, ladies, be the woman you'll be 5 years from now. Don't be something to catch a man, and then change when you can't maintain it anymore. You'll be far better off just being yourself right from the start. I'm on my way out of a marriage because the woman I loved had "catching somebody before the clock ran out" as her goal, rather than being true to herself, and we both ended up needlessly wasting a lot of time. Happy fishing to you all.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:41:49 PM

But, love is, among other things, "extending one's self for the growth of another", so the whole search about what either sex is looking for is off target and mute, unless you can find 2 people who are willing to lay down their egos a little and care for each other. That's the kind of a person worth seeking out.

That is beautiful, well said.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:08:26 PM
I think men can handle a woman with a keen mind and opinions...but sometimes I think women take it too far and become almost demeaning to men.

Some women are in a fighter's stance looking to get an arm wrestle in to prove their strength. Why does strength need to be in male form to be equal? "Can you handle me...I dare you, (you weak kneed little man)"

Why in the heck does a man need to prove himself, or his capability to date a woman who has issues about her own strength. Where does that leave a man to go?

Does he buckle down into a "yes dear" pattern?
Do you want him to wear a skirt to prove he will take the back seat?

I think the whole strong woman thing is a good indicator of a woman who feels powerless, and is working through self esteem issues...trying on her butt kicking boots for the first time.
Yapping about strength...probably has been in a relationship with a man who put her down alot. I think the strong women are the ones with nothing to prove to anyone, they just live their lives.

If a man walked up and said to a woman "I dont think you can handle me little girl" well...the woman would squawk "sexist pig!"...so why is it okay for women to stick a battery on her shoulder and say "K, now knock it off tough guy".

Get this...men and women shouldnt play power games and bullcrap gender moves. If you are strong, BE strong...don't be a bully about it.

Face it, straight men dont want to date manly women.
 mcbobly
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 11:18:36 PM
I must agree with vince, we just want somebody that wants to share in our interests and lives as well as letting us share in their lives and interests. In all actuality for most of us there is not a lot of requirements. Just a honset, caring down to earth woman.
 kitchensink
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:31:45 PM
Some men like strong-willed women, some like passive women, some like a mix.
Personally I like a woman who is intelligent, independent, great sense of humor, honest and faithful with a zest for life. To each, their own.
 Se7en9
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:48:54 PM
right now .. some pepto.. damn spicy ... that indian food can be..
 JWA
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/15/2005 3:38:19 AM
So many of this kind of post contain a comment to the effect that men can't handle women who are "strong minded" , that men are intimidated by such women. Self-described "powerful" women might be overlooking something----the men in question just aren't into YOU?!?! It could very well be something OTHER than your "power" is the turn-off to them?

So many PEOPLE adopt behavior that they want to believe is strong, powerful, self-actualized, self assured, confident, and knowledgable BUT it really isn't seen by others that way. As an example I've heard the term "blantantly/brutally honest" but every woman I've talked with who describes themselves that way are really just mean spirited and wanting to just spew some very hard feelings they keep bottled up. How could be THAT (or something similar) be viewed as a positive personality trait? Our perceptions of ourselves is not always how others see us---this single aspect could be much, much more a factor.

I've also discovered those who are truly strong in any way usually don't have to go about telling others---it's shown by their actions. Strength is quiet and needs no advertising! When I see profiles going on and on about how "they" have it I really wonder why it's necessary to say it if it's true? Men, like all PEOPLE, want someone who's not difficult to deal with, someone who doesn't go into something with bad feelings from passed relationships, someone who's at least open to what might be. We also like women that don't load their profiles with dribble about how they DEMAND to be treated when their own ability and true desire to reciprocate could be suspect.

But I'm scared of "strong willed" women so this all could be just fear talking...................

J W
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >