Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profi      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TABITHA890
Msg: 226
What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?Page 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Must love motorcycles means:(hey dude I only live to ride).lol Why in the heck would I want to go riding if I have never done that in my whole life. Sorry to disappoint you but I aint going bungee jumping and mountian climbing this late in life. If I have to do that for you to be interested in me,,,,hmmmm me just dont give a rats a...lol
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 227
view profile
History
What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?
Posted: 11/17/2011 6:48:33 PM

Looking for a tall dark handsome man who is loaded.

What's the matter I can dream in techni-colour like most the men do ya know.

Absolutely.
 TABITHA890
Msg: 228
Posted: 11/17/2011 10:46:04 PM
Dave In Indiana .,.you nailed it right on the head. I guess if we were all perfect, we wouldnt be on here. I really dont think we know what we want, but I know I dont want a man who states to a tee what he wants and he looks like he has been run over by a truck. Hmm just want a normal date with a normal man, any left out there?
 DrummingNut
Msg: 229
Posted: 11/18/2011 10:28:33 AM
^^ TABITHA, one's idea of "normal" is not held by all, lol.

What do I find desirable in men-my-age profiles in my area?
Really don't have an answer because I haven't seen any that seem desirable to me.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2011 2:26:37 PM

Dont say your looking for someone attractive when you are fat ...

Can men get away with saying the same thing?
 kari135
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2011 2:57:38 PM

Dont say your looking for someone attractive when you are fat ...

Can men get away with saying the same thing?

Sure. But they'll get the same kind of results i.e., zilch, zip, nada.

And a lot of them do say exactly that - it's that magic mirror thing striking again.
 reginalady1
Msg: 232
Posted: 11/19/2011 6:56:50 PM
I am looking for someone with a few of the same interests as myself.
We don't have to share all the same interests, I don't mind doing things on my own.
To have a nice conversation, go out for coffee without thinking or being led to think that the next step is the bedroom. I really think that there is something wrong with people like that.
I am here to build a relationship not jump into bed.
 wooliepack
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2011 8:05:07 PM
Actually, it might help if you really are ready for a marathon, if you're going to date me! I'm tired of couch potato dates.
BTW Justme2424, are all those people in your pic going on our date? If not, why are they there? Do they know they're online with you? If I like one of them better than you, can I pick her instead?
Just kidding.
No I'm not.
Your page should be for and about YOU. Those people aren't *you*.
I click past women's profiles when they include other people.
 nativerock
Msg: 234
Posted: 11/20/2011 10:41:27 AM

Looking for a tall dark handsome man who is loaded.

Indeed think big you will be big. Think small you will stay small..

nativerock
 Lionessx
Msg: 235
Posted: 11/21/2011 9:37:25 AM
Undesirable in a man's profile;
NO information at all
poor grasp of the English language( especially if English is the main language)
really bad missspellings
All caps, abbreviations, internet slang
looking too needy or desperate
HATE the pictures they take of themselves in the bathroom (ick)
Pictures where we can see bits of a woman's hair or arm.
Ugly block of text with no paragraphs, run on of words, and not proper spacing.

Desirable in a man's profile;
Something that shows a little of their genuine personality
Humor
Good clear pictures
Good command of the English language.
 DreamyMaryAlice
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2011 12:16:23 PM
i been getting guys with no photos, so have a photo at least, if the ladies have photos than the men should too, and i been reading on sum guys profiles they only want a intimate encounter, maybe thats alright for sum ladies, but i dont like that, just my opinion, i only chat and make friends thru chatting right now, i like forum reading get alot of feedback going thru topics
 Iascaireachta_arĂ­s
Msg: 237
Posted: 11/23/2011 6:35:05 PM

"women who have worked to stay a size 4" translates to "unhealthy weight" for the majority of women taller than 5' 4"]
Oh my goodness...that is so very true...! I looked positively anorexic at size 8...did the whole "lets count my ribs phase" Size 4...perhaps when I was born!
 MsMicki
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2011 6:57:08 AM
undesirable: age limits that go down to 18 and only up to 40 for a 50 yr old man
 ReallyWorld
Msg: 239
Posted: 11/29/2011 9:10:41 PM
Guys, In your profile picture, PLEASE keep your clothes on. Your over 50 naked body just doesn't come across the screen that as hot!! Save it 'til I know you & want to take your clothes off myself.

In the message you send me, do NOT be CUTE in your opening line!!!! Don't you think I've heard it all before?? Just be honest. Say more than "Hi" and comment on something in my profile so I know you actually read it. I finally took a break and took my picture off because I was tired of the "Hi Sexy/Gorgeous, Where you been?" type comments. They were nice to hear at first at 65, but now I'm jaded.
 LookingAround4you
Msg: 240
Posted: 11/30/2011 12:45:12 PM
no fish, no boat, no motorcycles please ! ...and no talk of candlelit dinners and walks on the beach. Just sincerley express yourself and tell a little bit about your background, interests and needs. And a big one is this ..I look at men's profiles who claim to be in thier early 60's and I just cant believe that this is their age because they look fully 10 years older than that at least. We women are not fools and we KNOW what men our age look like ...why do you men lie and think you can fool us ???
There are a lot of tired old buzzards here claiming to be much younger than they are...give us a break ! ( and state your real age, Im sure there are some old ladies here for you )
 astrosky
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 5:27:51 PM
I'm really tired of seeing

- "I like anything outdoors" (I'm beginning to think all the men in my area prefer to be homeless or camp 24/7)
- Long lists of extreme sports that even your alpha-male friends get worn out doing
- A long, long list of every sports team and/or rock group you've ever admired
- "I don' t know what to say"
- "blahblahblah they're forcing me to type words here so I'll fill it with crap lololololol"
- Basically blank profiles that say - "If you want to know more just ask." (why would I want to know anything more about someone that lazy and boring?)

What I'd like to see

- What's your life like on an average day?
- What are some things you'd like to do but don't do because you don't want to go alone (comedy clubs, dancing, whatever)?
- Who do you usually spend your spare time with - pets, kids, your sick old mother?
- Some truth and honesty - if you spend most of your time on the couch watching old MASH reruns, admit it, there are probably more women into that than the list of fantasy hobbies like "skydiving" that most guys claim.
- What you have to offer and what you would like to get in return - realistically. This can be anything from "mrfixit" skills to being a great cook to being a good crying pillow. What do your friends, roommates and family value about you? What do you lack and want in return? Someone to do your taxes, train your dog, landscape your front yard?
- What makes you different from the other "normal guys" with profiles? Why should someone pick you over them?
 c_deacon
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 6:06:36 PM
Most times these things do not matter much unless the man is willing to pursue the woman, and being as upfront and open with your profile and pictures, will get you nowhere if you are not into the "old fashioned" ways of dating.........

Being frank with those of the opposite sex, only works if they are truly your equal and as frank with you, as open with you, and pursue you just as much as they want to be pursued, contacted, emailed, called, text, etc.

I ride, but that is not my life, I work, but that is not my life either.........I play and that is just as much a part of my life, as being a father, worker, and caring individual. Wanting an equal is my goal, but if it means doing things the "old fashioned" way to get there......I will pass!

cd............
 FloridaLady46
Msg: 243
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:09:00 AM
I don't like it when a guy has in his profile "my actual age is ___, older than my stated age", which was changed for search purposes. If we had wanted to include you in our searches, we would do so. Some of these people then go on to say...."I tried to change it, but the site won't let me change my birthdate". It's because you would be changing it weekly! Just be honest.
 cooldog65
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2011 5:34:11 AM
" Looking for a tall dark handsome man who is loaded."

NBA season starting now ladies!
 ohenryx
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2011 10:13:01 AM

FloridaLady46:
I don't like it when a guy has in his profile "my actual age is ___, older than my stated age", which was changed for search purposes. If we had wanted to include you in our searches, we would do so. Some of these people then go on to say...."I tried to change it, but the site won't let me change my birthdate". It's because you would be changing it weekly! Just be honest.

Many people lie about their age on dating sites. Men and women. I have seen several women's profiles where they admit in their profile that their age is misstated for "search" purposes.

I just recently spotted a woman on a different dating site, listed as 65. Her profile here on POF states 59, and there is nothing to indicate it is incorrect. The difference, of course, is that the other dating site is the type where she is going to get massive amounts of attention no matter what her stated age.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 246
Posted: 12/25/2011 9:33:50 PM
Don't, whatever you do, write "I'm a man, not a boy" as I saw on a guy's profile the other day. The man is 54!! You'd really hope he was a man by now.

Text rather than whole words and complete sentences really puts me off, as does little attempt at spelling words correctly. Proof read what you've written.

Unlike a lot of people here, I'm not fussed about photos. I don't use one myself and I prefer to get a sense of a person through what they write, not what they look like. Interestingly, the man I'm seeing now (not an exclusive relationship, by the way) didn't have a photo on his profile either, but was happy (as was I) to provide one when asked. I met a number of men before finding this very sweet man, with photos that didn't match the person in the flesh. So, you see, I don't really trust a photo much at all.

Honesty matters. Don't lie about your age, marital status, size, or any other identifier. You'll get found out. I simply wont have anything to do with people who lie deliberately to get my attention.

Write what is truthful about yourself; don't write to impress. I am less and less interested in people who churn out self narratives that are designed to impress me rather than convey truth. For instance, if you're a scuba diver say so. Don't say you are, if you're not. You see, I am a diver and if I meet some character who claims to dive and I find out he only used that as a hook for me, I'll dump him straight away.

Indicate in your profile a capacity for interest in another person. Don't keep it at an I, I, I , me, me, me level. It is a relationship you are seeking, not an opportunity to showcase yourself. Likewise, don't write, "I'm looking for the woman of my dreams", you wont find a flesh and blood version of your fantasy. Also, we older women (at least in my experience) are not interested in being someone's princess. We are queens and powerful in our own right. We do not seek knights in shining armor to rescue us from high towers or growly monsters.

Oh, and I find such phrases as, "Looking for my other half," tired and silly! None of us are incomplete human beings needing fixing with another half. I seek relationships that excites and nurtures me, where I can be who I truly am and accepted as such and when I am delighted to know more and more the uniqueness of the other person: never completely knowing, and always inspired to know more.

Write something of the things that you are passionate about and why. Mere lists are boring and give no sense of what in life is truly juicy for you. I am attracted to aliveness and liveliness, to people who can barely contain their curiosity and interest in life, the world and everything. In other words, write a profile where your mojo bubbles over.

Finally, don't write "Contact me and find out more" because I can't actually be bothered trying to extricate basic information from a person I don't know and probably wont ever meet, unless they're prepared to meet me half way. Show a bit of initiative. The profile is all you've got, at least to begin with. Make the most of it.
 steveb0803
Msg: 247
Posted: 12/25/2011 9:53:50 PM
what do women over 50 find desirable in a man = nothing unless its green and spent at walmart
what do women over 50 find undesirable in a man = everything
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 248
Posted: 12/25/2011 10:36:55 PM
stevebo803 reckons [what do women over 50 find desirable in a man = nothing unless its green and spent at walmart
what do women over 50 find undesirable in a man = everything]

Gee whizz, you're a bitter man. We women over 50 are not interested in your wallet (curious that men have wallets and women have purses), we have our own money (most of us, these days). So please think again. Anyway, why are you here if as it's so very clear you don't much like women anyway?
 Rain587
Msg: 249
Posted: 12/25/2011 11:35:49 PM
stevebo803 - spent at Walmart? I can not stand that place so that was another generalization that is full of crap.

I like a man to have good hygiene, respectful, good sense of humor - sarcasm is not humor, and not clingy. Simple.
 lugnutt55
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/27/2011 5:15:29 PM
And this post from a woman that does not have a profile pic.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?