Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profi      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Akitahun
Msg: 264
view profile
History
What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?Page 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Men in their 50s looking for 25 years olds. Yes, I'm too OLD to date someone a whopping 2 years older than me. Give it up, buddy...you aren't that hot yourself!!!
 hemingway234
Msg: 265
view profile
History
What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?
Posted: 9/10/2018 3:56:55 AM
I personally like younger women..........like women in their 40's!

The first thing women over 50 look for in a man is a pulse.
 CBGB77
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 8:07:54 AM
I like younger women too.My girlfriend is 3 months younger than me.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 4:54:53 PM

What I want to see in a man's profile:
#1 - current photo. Full body shot & a close up (head shot)
#2 - no negatives. Hey, we all feel like we get crapped on from time to time, we've encountered liars, cheats, and thieves. Does it really need to be re-inforced in the profile?
#3 - laundry list. If it's too long, I'm going to get bored. Hey, I know we all live by OUR OWN "Laws of Attraction", but if the laundry list has 100 physical requirements, prepare to join the Lonely Hearts Club.
#4 - vague profiles. If your profile doesn't list any interests, I'll start to wonder if you have a pulse.
#5 - age ranges. If a man lists he's interested in women from ages 20 to 99, I'm going to run. He's either desperate or he doesn't know what he wants.
#6 - photos. Almost the same as #1, but do I really want to see you in a photo with some "hot young thing", that I don't know if she was your former wife, is your daughter, or your Maid? Sell yourself, not the women in your life. I'm not interested in them.
#7 - photos. I know, I'm repeating myself about photos. Lose the caps and the hats. I know you possibly can't sleep with them on. How would you like for my mug shot on POF to show me wearing my hair curlers and God forbid, cold cream on my face!
#8 - spelling. If every other word is spelled incorrectly, I'm going to assume you didn't pass 8th grade. Hire a Secretary or install spell checker on your computer.
#9 - THE BOTTOM! I'm not talking about your rear. I'll check the bottom of your profile to see if you've posted to the forums. I'll read your forum postings. If you constantly whine, if you bash, or come across in a negative manner, I'll either label you as a Troll or a Woe Is Me, of which I will have no choice but to refer you to a phone number: 1-800-WAAH. I suppose there are Drama Kings in this world.
#10 - sex. There is a time and a place for sex. Your profile isn't the place to mention your black book. Face it Gents, we all want to kiss, cuddle, and even get lucky to make it to a home run. If you've got to mention sex or you're into love making on your profile, I'll have to assume you are thinking with the Wrong Head. Quite possibly, you may need to fire the person that wrote your profile, and start from scratch!
#11 - photos. Here I go again. SMILE! When you post your mug on a dating site, you've got to smile. I'm talking about showing some teeth. This isn't a funeral here.
#12 - be creative! Take some time to be creative with your profile. It tells me that you've really taken some time to tell the world about yourself. The more creative the profile is, the more interested I become.

#3 - laundry list. If it's too long, I'm going to get bored.

Speaking of "laundry lists", see the irony above.

POF is like the airport; we've all got "baggage". Those that claim not to raise a HUGE red flag.

Some people have a carryon, and some people have 2 cartsful, that even overwhelm the porter.
 cooldog65
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 7:27:38 PM

#9 - THE BOTTOM! I'm not talking about your rear. I'll check the bottom of your profile to see if you've posted to the forums. I'll read your forum postings. If you constantly whine, if you bash, or come across in a negative manner, I'll either label you as a Troll or a Woe Is Me, of which I will have no choice but to refer you to a phone number: 1-800-WAAH. I suppose there are Drama Kings in this world.

This feature was gone before I came here in 2011. I wouldn't mind if it was brought back as it would possibly bring more people here. I did put the link in my profile, but very few women have read my profile.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 9:04:35 PM
Those links were great. You could see what your forum buddies were posting and what people you were interested had to say - if they posted in the forums. I'd actually turned down a couple of men based on their posts. Oh yeah, I really do miss those links.

As for what I find desirable in a man's profile? Well, I like clear pictures with a smile and their clothes on. I pay attention to their interests and the age range they prefer. Since I know how difficult writing a profile is I give a certain amount of grace to each.

What I don't like are blurry, distant pictures or mirror shots that are mostly bathroom background - those itty bitty pictures of the person that don't even take up a quarter of the shot. I also don't care for pictures that have the guy leering up from his bed or is shirtless. I look at it this way, if I'm kind enough not to do a shirtless picture the men should be too.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 8:28:02 PM
Please.....NO "WIFE BEATER UNDERSHIRTS." No photos of drinking beer while wearing the wife beater undershirt. No baseball caps to hide the receding hairline. Many of us ladies really don't care about that....what we care about is you hiding things that should be shown, and showing things that should remain hidden.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 11:36:07 PM
"I am trying this one more time!"Ages from 35-70.
I am not judgemental.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 1:42:29 PM

Men in their 50s looking for 25 years olds. Yes, I'm too OLD to date someone a whopping 2 years older than me. Give it up, buddy...you aren't that hot yourself!!!

They typically aren't. It doesn't stop them from attempting to manipulate them for sex, though.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 3:46:18 PM
Men that are age 35. (or less)
Retired, with a fat pencion. (Or own controlling interest in Amazon)
They own a Cadillac. (Or a Mercedes)
They must have an alternate address. ( With a Florida zip code)
Have all their hair. (And all of their teeth-Pearly white with no fillings)
Never smelled tobacco smoke. ( and dodged the smoke from a smoker)
More than willing to travel. (and pay for everything during the trip)
Be able to talk to anyone (Even a dead person)
Believe that you are the most exciting thing he's ever met. (Even when you're sleeping)
That you look great in anything. (Even a burlap bag)

Be all that and more, and you just might have a chance. ( I stress the word might)
 grover14
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 5:59:10 PM
Well crap, no wonder I don't have any luck.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 4:52:50 PM

Be able to talk to anyone (Even a dead person)

I can do that.

Dead people don't interrupt.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 5:10:17 PM

Dead people don't interrupt

But...….when one does, someone always freaks out!

While still working in a hospital, one of the elderly patients died. I offered to help the orderly prepare the deceased for pick-up from the funeral home. As I rolled the body towards the orderly, there was a long groan.

Over an hour later, I finally found the orderly. "What the hell?", I said, "I'm guessing that patient was your first deceased?
One second you're there, the next ………………..Hell, I didn't even see you fly out of the room!"
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 7:56:00 PM
Grover, if you don't have any luck, with your handsome self, the rest of the guys can give it up!
 grover14
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 5:27:20 AM
BL, you're too kind. At this point, it would be nice just to find some companionship. Remember when older single guys were labeled a confirmed bachelor? That's me. Funny I never quite give up though.
 OneWay11111
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 12:01:44 PM
A smart man, who can listen as well as, carry a conversation. A man that can pay his bills and have time and money for dating and a possible relationship . No serial daters and if a dude wants hookups, DO NOT lie and say “I want to get married”. You waste everyone’s time.

That’s what women want.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?