Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profi      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 101
What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
attracted by the idea of shaking in their flip flops?
well maybe that's what they told you ...so as not to hurt
your feelings...I don't know?
It's not working...you can't get to me.
 2Irish1
Msg: 102
What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?
Posted: 6/9/2009 1:39:56 PM
Gads.....McFly! What happened on your trip???last I remember you had women proping up their breasts in a compitition for your services....and you were conversing with, yet not interested in, a 50ish yo woman....and while all this was going on...you were still checking your POF account...and posting updates....HA!!!seems that the vacation is over and reality is on the horizon....

My guess is women, even those over 50, wish for an honest profile...with a pic or 2...so they can chose for themselves...anything that may interest them.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/9/2009 1:54:43 PM
Oops, watch it, Irish. I mentioned the infamous cruise in this thread (only because it was one of the few times there has been a group laugh in this forum) and I was lectured several times about how wrong it was.
But you'll probably be excused because you're a man.
Frankly, this thread reveals to me exactly what I don't find desirable in middle-aged men. Why are we being reviled for objecting to sexist putdowns? Why aren't these men saying Gaddflye is wrong? Because maybe - maybe - they don't like women much, either.
And when we do offer advice as per the thread's question, some argue with us! I'm still shaking my head over the married guy a few pages back. He asks about his profile, I tell him what is missing (and a married women agrees with me) and he tells me I'm wrong...lol..Sort of can see why his wife isn't interested.
So, before you guys start heaping it on me again, I'm agreeing with you. You're all right; we're all wrong. Does that make you feel better? You can go back to daydreaming about women who only ever say "yes" and "you're wonderful" and "what would you like for dinner?"
 2Irish1
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:14:13 PM
Gee FFS...I actually weighed into the fray after reading only the OPost...and laughing to myself....cause I was remembering OP's prior postings....and I do apologize for a kind of cross post...in that regard...and if you got slammed FFS and I haven't, yet....I guess I don't know what to say about that...why don't we wait a second and see what transpires...

FFS....are you serious???married guys and women are asking for profile reviews....shakes head....guess I DO need to read the thread!!!

OOps....I don't know what women find desirable in mens profiles.....maybe lots of jumping frogs n such....none of which I can put in here cause this is an edit posting
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:17:30 PM

FFS....are you serious???married guys and women are asking for profile reviews....shakes head....guess I DO need to read the thread!!!

I didn't realise he was married when I initially gave him some pointers..lol..Too weird, huh?
 actualizing
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/9/2009 3:26:34 PM
I like to see a picture. I like to see posts where the OP is not purposefully goading all the women by making them feel inadequate and by humiliating them by his understated propensity to lie through his eyeteeth. When PhD and post doc is listed the very first thing I want to know is, "what's up doc?" When that is not answered, it just move on. Cya
 Song Sparrow
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/9/2009 5:25:16 PM
1. Just tell the truth about your age and height and be proud of it.
2. I don't really want to see a pic of you half naked thankyou.
3. Listing an age that is lower than your daughter's age for dating screams "pervert" and I
would not be able to introduce you to my daughters.
4. stating that you look much younger than your age tells me you aren't finished with your
mid life crisis.
5. And finally , the occasional smoker--- what the heck is that? Either you smoke or not.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2009 6:54:26 PM
Sorry to do this here, but I guess would appreciate a "profile review" by some women near my age too!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:01:12 PM

sense that a large part of the problem is GADDFLYE-GIRL-ENVY. Had the women on here been amongst the chosen or, at least, amongst the worthy - things would be much quieter and possibly on topic.

Gawd RanRan, you really do not get it do you? I say if Mr. Flye wishes to "do" 40 year olds' as opposed to his what...? 66 years? Have at it, who really gives a patootie? It is just the chit spouted about women my age being "matronly". Hell, last thing anyone would call me is that!
And oh? Btw? Don't think I ever, ever, ever was in a "titty war"!!
 desert wildflower
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:25:04 PM
I`m not worthy! I`M NOT WORTHY! Thank GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:43:26 PM

sense that a large part of the problem is GADDFLYE-GIRL-ENVY. Had the women on here been amongst the chosen or, at least, amongst the worthy - things would be much quieter and possibly on topic.

I`m not worthy! I`M NOT WORTHY! Thank GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't let me be worthy!
I'll pay good money to get on the reject list...
 BoudaciaSmile
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:13:19 PM

bet 'ol boy felt his penis shriveling up by the end of Desert's post
I'll bet it was shriveled up long before then.............Welcome to Disneyland.

LMAO!!

Excuse me if I misinterpreted, but did 'ol boy just tell all of you that you're sad, lonely, angry, hostile, & basically got no life? (after asking for your help)
This could reflect why his profile is still the way it is, since your meaningless bantering seemed of no importance to him...ya think?
Ya'll can still DO ME, if you like - I don't have all the sexist, looking for young girls & bragging on myself in mine...so I Ain't Skeered - well, maybe a little skeered...lol

And..so you should be...LOL!

Afterall, if they don't have anything upstairs, then I have NO reason to check out the basement. No matter what the square footage is.............. if ya' know what I mean?

This is the funniest thread in a long time!
[
And it's not just too old - that, because you are 50-plus, you must be impotent , demanding, financially desperate, lazy and fat, have saggy gonads hanging down to your knees, a huge belly, floppy man boobs, wrinkled skin, be unreasonable and probably demented? That's the message Gaddflye has been sending to women over 50 who post here - relentlessly.

This Gaddflye must still has some life in his saggy gonads to get the female pop. on here saying the darndest things! I'm sorry, but it is funny!

OMG! Did I forget to close the curtains again?
From a brave man...

Unlike the Fly - I actually prefer an 'ol gal with a 'lil saggy boobs and a pooch, I feel like such a hero when I push them babies back up to sea-level (I'll get yours up - If you'll get mine up...lol). Hey, throw in a little history of alcohol & drug abuse...she just got hotter than a two-dollar pistol
ROFLMAO!!

spanking - wow! unreconstituted stone age man who offers violence..... ladies - form and orderly queue LOL

We are all adults on here and we have been flayed skinless by the best. But...these forums can be a source of black humour, too. It's a form of comedy..so what?? It's not like it's real life. Sometimes these threads get soooo deep and we need the lightness.
I have enjoyed the entire thread, ladies.
We do have a unique and sharp wit when we get on a roll! It has nothing to do with anger about men.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:19:40 PM
Btw? Don't think I ever, ever, ever was in a "titty war"!!

Some lines are just to good to pass up...(Im trying really really hard to behave here and I think it is a losing battle)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RanRan the thing is...none of the women posting on this thread are looking to lower their IQ's enough to want to be one of the chosen for Gladdflye, we basically dont think he is who he pretends to be, but rather someone who is just trying to bait females in an attempt to make them look bad. However, we can all feel your infatuation with him and we all wish you the best in your endeavors to win him over to the possibility of having a satisfying relationship with you. We are all pulling for you and hope he chooses you! (Remember your own advice about putting out on the first date sugar!)

...as far as worthy goes...one person is never better than another...TO YOU who might be considered to be worthy, wouldnt be what another man considers worthy... to someone else they arent so it is a simply your viewpoint and doesnt effect anyone else.

Sorry Moonie but I totally own in titty wars, normally just by taking a deep breath :P
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:41:33 PM
Well I guess you are correct Ran, I looked up matronly on www.urbandictionary.com and while it said it didnt have a meaning yet...it offered up this as the closest thing:

1. tit spanners 9 up, 2 down
A phrase to desribe a man's (or a Lesbian's I suppose) hands.
Formed from the idea of using one's hands on a woman's (or man's, if you're into that) delicious, matronly breasts.

the defination of preppy was right below it...but it was the 4th explanation that made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes :

1. ****man 3 up, 1 down
A person who thinks they are God's gift to women.
In his twenties he George W. Bush was known as a "cuntsman," "He walked up to a matronly woman at a smart****ail party and asked, 'So, what's sex like after 50, anyway?' -Erik Baard for The Village Voice, Sep. 28, 2004

btw the whole tit for tat...was a nice pun!
 BoudaciaSmile
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/9/2009 9:16:07 PM

OK, to get back on topic...Why can't women admit that what they are looking for in a profile are the most mesmerizing, magical, mysterious, and dearest words to their hearts:
'I KOWTOW'

yawn...that's boring. I have seen so many variations of "I want to please you.." from men that I am thinking there is some book out there advocating saying that initially to a woman. Maybe it will appeal to S&M.
What are you like in spirit? What is your 'Bucket List"? What are the small things that a woman does that just gets your adrenalin going?
Do you chat up with strangers in a supermarket line-up just for the heck of it and the enjoyment of it?
What are subtle ways to show us that you have strength and not blantant machismo?
 daffie
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/9/2009 9:28:49 PM
minx, speaking as an aussie i always get you.
we have an unique sense of humour in australia,
quite a gift actually......
which brings me to.....
i have been reading gaddflye's posts for the past couple of years. i used to get very upset that a man could espouse such views in this day and age, belittling women at every opportunity. then i began to believe that these posts were obviously meant to inflame and incite criticism, especially from the more intelligent and thinking women who frequent pof forums.....
plus there was the interaction of the male pofers to be enjoyed, rallying to his defense and defending his thoughts......ah, how wonderful!
for what reason i don't know. could it be for research on human behavour, maybe a university paper or book.....or maybe purely for his/her own entertainment? i would love to believe gaddflye is male, but really, who knows?
i always remember my very english grandmother telling me to be aware and beware of the gadflys who may be among us as we journey through life.
for those among us who don't know.......a gadfly is a nuisance critic who persistently and irritatingly annoys those around him.
in australia he would be known as a "stirrer".
mmmmm
 daffie
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/9/2009 9:57:40 PM
ps.....
i also meant to include....." goads and provokes others"
 browneyesboo
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/10/2009 6:59:17 AM
I find Mr. Gaddflye hilarious because I don't for a moment believe what
he posts is true. I suspect he's just here typing (like some others) and really
has no life outside of his monitor. I think he types for the reactions he gets.
I couldn't possibly be jealous of that...or feel any envy because he didn't
choose me. Not everyone here falls over and swoons when someone who
pretends to be a guy (I mean we aren't even sure that he is...he could be a girl
for all we know)and types sweet nothings on a screen.
This whole thread was started for one reason...to get people stirred up.....and it
worked. Now everyone can practice their slings and slams.
It's all good.

Gaddflye
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/10/2009 7:21:33 AM
This is just a heads up that I will be a bit out of pocket for over a week. I am flying cross country to visit one of the women I met on one of my trips (and hopefully find some time to spend with another one I also met on a trip who resides in the same city) and I will not have much chance to keep up with postings on the PoF forums. I can truthfully say I will miss all of you, particularly those of you who have been so helpful with sincere and thoughtful postings.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/10/2009 7:42:31 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ ahahahahahahaha!
and if that doesn't prove my point...what does?
 Call me Ginny
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:47:00 AM
If you stll want a critique, I liked your profile. It was pleaseant, informative, and indepth.

The only suggestions I would make. Get a picture of you actually smiling. You have a nice face and seem a happy sort, but I'd like to see that in a photo since you are sjowing images. (In you're third pic, you are only Almost smiling....)

The only other thing, I would space out your third paragraph of your description. Paragraphs would make it easier reading.

Good luck fishie!

el lagarto
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:25:44 AM
Desirable ? :

An "about me" section that actually gives information about who that person IS . Maybe some indication about how they think , what NON- material things in life are important . Show your sense of humor , mention some talents , and the kinds of things that attract you to a perspective partner .

List more in the interest section than just "walks on the beach" (geez) , dining out ( has only ONE N ) , or some cutesy line like : " whatever she wants " . Cop-out. If you don't sound interesting - you're not too likely to attract anyone else who is .

I don't mind if there's no photo up front - but be ready to send one , once we begin a dialog .

An overall indication that the person has taken some time to carefully think things out , before they put their profile together . Good spelling and grammar IS important , and can make that crucial good first impression !

Sound POSITIVE , and hopeful ! Others are thinking about spending their LIVES with you !!

UNdesirable ?

Pictures of magnificent (but very dead ) fish being held up to the camera.
Same goes for pictures with other women's arms around you , or covered in kids , or with lots of other people - and no label to tell who's who .
One photo of you - and lots of others of THINGS . Like you don't count ?

Moaning about past relationships , lack of activity on this site , quality of women , and on and on ...

Shirtless photos with bellies hangin' out over one's belt. Use your mirror.

Under "about me" - putting in emoticons , or repeat letters to fill up the required spaces .
Lame excuses like : " it's hard to write about myself " , or " I don't know what to say here " , or " ask me anything " - without saying anything on your own !

Comments about sex , religion , ex-wives/girlfriends .

Lising things that your partner "MUST" have , or do . We all have preferences - but this approach suggests an inflexible way of thinking . Not too attractive.

desert wildflower
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:58:34 AM
I will be waiting here, with baited breathe, monitoring my screen, just for the sheer chance that Mr. Gaddflye would grace my presence with a personal message. I realize that I may have to wait quite a while in order to have the honor of his presence, because he is so inordinately busy with his bevy of beautiful young women, across the entire country. But apparently for whatever reason, he does seem to need more to add to the stabile, seeing that he is asking how he could attract even more.

I think his next stop better be the late night informercials about the pill that makes you get bigger. I think he would be perfect for a spot in that. EXTENZ! That`s the ticket!
 2Irish1
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/10/2009 1:18:34 PM
Me...I'm not goin' to read all the drivil'...I've read McFly's re-post...,.and found it to be so entertaining that...I'll just post on that....McFly...you scoundrel!!!Hahaha...you da man!!! Between soldierbyte and you...I kneel in your postin"...ya'll the men!!!!
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/10/2009 2:38:39 PM
Jeez, irish, you mean to say THIS is what you guys REALLY want to be? Flye's the new superhero? What happened to Superman? You're going to trade in saving the world just to be like Gadders?
Oh well.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?