Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 unfisch
Msg: 8
This is just a FLIT GAMEPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Not "just" but sure, many here with unrealistic expectations who are here forever and ever...Who are attracted but just hold off for the greener pastures..Online constantly and write you wanting to meet, 'someday,' but continually seeking what??

A woman whose been insecure and never had much attention gets some cute photos up and now she finds out what thats like!

..Spock said it once in a classic Star Trek, "Wanting is more powerful than Having".. And until youre truly self posessed you just keep trying to find happiness in others. One is too many and everyone in the world still isnt enough...

Welcome to the world of human behavior. Males as well as females, of course.

The women Ive dated from here are here less than a week and just meet up, no problem. The ones here forever are here forever for their own reasons, Im sure I have no idea. Game?? well its a process..

You see what people value by what they do, not what they say..what they say is what theyd like you to believe..What people really believe is reflected in their actions..

Thats why your dog knows what your going to do before you do, he watches you and listens as well but pays more attention to the car keys than "lets go fido." People will do as they want. If they want to meet someone they will..If its you, then its you..its about them and what they want.

People's process is about them, mine is about me. Its my job to be concerned that my process is productive, not to blame anyone for my frustrations..

Although no question were in a compulsive culture with false fantasies and superficial values..thats just the deal. Our struggle for improved values is also a false fantasy, we learn one step at a time...Were all going to be sustainable and genuine because it sounds like the cure. Do better.

But its not so easy to do it. It involves acting differently. This requires reinventing yourself. I can only do my part, no one elses..Flit game? Sure, also a million other games as well that each learns to get past as theyre ready, or doesnt..
 Alexander_86
Msg: 13
view profile
History
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 7/19/2009 10:28:04 PM
what is this SPARK thing you women are always talking about.. its annoying.. its simple factors.. attractiveness, personality, how you communicate, and who your are.. online you cant have any other forms of communication, body language is out, and physical chemistry is out.. what that HELL is that spark your talking about. ask a man why they FLIT.. its because your not hott enough, your weird, or your annoying.. thats about it, yet I always hear from women .. "she just didnt feel a spark" I mean what does that even really mean..

this site is rediclous, seriously when you all the sudden just stop talking to someone, its not only rude, it effects the persons self esteem and turns them off to this site.. its seriously annoying.. and when you say right on your profile that your here to meet people.. date.. ect.. then why drop somebody without even meeting them or getting to know who they are... Either im Right, or every one of the Dozens of women I've talked to are FLITERS... for real...
 Alexander_86
Msg: 15
view profile
History
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 7/20/2009 6:51:45 PM
Whats the big deal with spelling and punctuation anyways? I mean Its the internet, its no different from Text messaging... who really cares.. at the end of the day I do have degrees, and I Am on the honor role.. because when I write a paper or test.. my spelling and punctuation Matter.... why in such a social/chill enviornment as this is it so harshly judged, I mean you get online after work and quickly type out a letter or reply.. I mean whats the big deal if you hit a few wrong keys or somthing..
 kbodley
Msg: 17
view profile
History
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:15:33 PM
bluegeenes, I couldn't agree with you more! I often wonder when I get emails, or see posts, filled with misspellings, lack of any attempt at punctuation, and lack of any attempt at proper english whether or not the author slept through their 7th grade English class.

I recently received an email from a business contact that was so filled with misspelled words, I couldn't resist the urge to edit the spelling and punctuation and send it back to the author with a request that they correct and resend before I passed their email on to my boss (who was going to review the contents before making a final buying decision). The sender complied, but commented that he thought he was quoting a price for printing not interviewing for a job!

Sadly, I think that people have gotten lazy, and make the assumption that "texting" abbreviations, etc. have become the standard for all communication.
 Alexander_86
Msg: 18
view profile
History
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 7/23/2009 8:16:06 PM
That is the point, we do live in the area of Texting.. its not like we are applying for jobs, or writting books here.. its a form of social interaction... when I walk up to someone in a bar I dont say .. "Hello.. nice to meet you.. my name is Alex, nice wheather we are having" that so last century.... you say " Hey.. Whats up?" or somthing like that.. getting on someone for how they write a social email shows that your are high maitenence, and frankly kinda ****y.. its a turn off..
 julia97225
Msg: 19
view profile
History
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 7/26/2009 3:38:48 PM
Kowboi, I couldn't agree more. I do think it's a generational thing.

The occasional mis-spell (especially if it's one key off ..as 'd' is next to "f" ) is a common one, which I can over look. When the whole message is in caps, this is a pet peeve of mine. Right next to the multiple use of text speak.

The one that gets to me is emailing (away from POF) there is spellcheck and they don't use it.

I'm not the greatest speller or the grammar police, but I try to make the effort.

You can always copy your post on to a blank email and spellcheck, if you are uncertain and make changes if you want.
 check this bait out!
Msg: 23
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 8/5/2009 8:35:26 PM
Now that's funny! Dean's list. hah.
 Alexander_86
Msg: 24
view profile
History
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:41:11 PM
Wow, I must say that some people said some rather rude and offensive things aimed at me, especially NOLA Chick. I was simply stating that if judging someone by how they look is wrong, which several posts on here show, then how is judging someone on how they type any better. I mean I have a friend who is a rather beautiful women, who men shower with attention, and she can't type like an english teacher in the least. Does that make her a lesser person? According to NOLA Chick it apparently does.

I also find the fact that you seem to think the way I type on some internet dating site directly reflects how I preform in college. Well I would happily compare my awards, grades, and GPA with any of you. Because just from looking around I notice Im one of the few people here with a bachelors degree, and Im currently working on a PhD.. if your 30 and make minumum wage, you hardly have room to make fun of my Academic abilities or intelligence. Because the fact is that I am on the Deans list, I have been for years, and at age 22 I probably make more money then most of you, so saying Im a little boy, or childish is hardly true in the least.

As I said when I first posted, the internet is not serious business, its not applying for a job and its not a professional letter, if someone can't accept who you are and what your all about then they are not being true to the system. The differenct between cant and can not is not going to keep Adam from Eve, thats just ignorant.

Flame Away...
 julia97225
Msg: 26
view profile
History
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 8/16/2009 3:49:05 PM

Every one of you needs to get the **** over it, there just not that into you....

I hope you are trying to add some laughter ( there vs they're )
 bdogindahous
Msg: 28
This is just a FLIT GAME
Posted: 9/4/2009 11:06:34 PM
Wasn't a movie made about that? Oh yes "Shallow Hal". Its what is on the inside that counts.
Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  >