Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women post pics in sexy sleepwear?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 good_catch77
Msg: 46
Women post pics in sexy sleepwear?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Because they can!!! No seriously I see this as another unfortunate stereotype. Another label in long lists of labels.

Would I seriously date someone that had the ba!!s to show a little more skin? Yes why not esp if I'm attracted to them. I know what I want in a woman, if she has the body to go with it I see that as a "added bonus" and would go all the way and marry her if there wasn't any other issues...
 MikeWM
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Women post pics in sexy sleepwear?
Posted: 10/4/2011 8:06:35 AM
Horses for courses

Peoples photos display "aspects" of their personality rather than each individual one showing the ONLY facet they have

So one photo out of many hard "defines" the person really

Plus sex, attractiveness and sex drive is just as important for many IN a long term relationship so its hardly unreasonable to expect them to also project that in their photos too as they would be looking for a partner that also values those things in a potential partner. So people with photos and a profile that makes them come across as an uptight frigid type just wouldnt catch their attention

Al;so theres the ones who just dont see it as a big deal, but just think its a nice photo, maybe not even because of whats on show, but because of how happy they were when it was taken, how their hair looks, their smile etc

Some people are far less bothered about showing skin than others, and dont automatically equate it to advertising for sex

If you start thinking along THOSE lines youre pretty much on the same path as people who reckon a woman in a short skirt and low cut top is "asking to be raped"

Then you have the men and women who are just looking for sex, but they tend to MOSTLY have suggestive photos rather than just one or two

And the same applies also to the ones who either have low self confidence or a low self image but good looks, as they will just try to get their daily ego stroking by showing what they percieve to be their best or only redeeming quality

So firstly "why" someone would have a photo like that varies massively

So how I would think of the person and whether they would or wouldnt be a serious prospect wouldnt be decided by one or more photos, it would be decided by what they were like as a photo

After all how many people have holiday pics in a bikini? Many of which show FAR more flesh than even some of the hottest playwear

Yet because its "beachwear" nobody bats an eyelid at it which is one hell of a double standard really
 passionateman56
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/4/2011 3:56:12 PM
if you have a great body be proud of it. big boobs are beautiful. you shouldn't be made to feel bad or have to defend them. I don't automatically think of marriage when I see a sexy pic, but I will be true to the woman that I do marry,so that is icing on the cake.
 Pomose
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/4/2012 2:42:42 PM
I agree with Candid 1. I don't message women who are to provocative, but there the ones who complain when they do get messaged about what they're advertising. If I run into a woman whose to explicit I don't look up and thank my lucky stars, I wonder how many other guys this week have thanked their lucky stars. I don't want to catch no crotch crickets......... And most women who put all their energy into acting that way are mostly all talk, theres nothing really to them in the bedroom.
 qldblue
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/4/2012 4:17:12 PM
In the main a lot of posters have stated their thoughts on what is acceptable and what is not.

In one of your fotos you have a foto of yourself with a flower on your body, hinting at you not wearing anything else, a foto that shows that you have a good body and that is your right.

The main theme of the responses from men seems to be, so what if you have fotos of yourself in sexy sleepwear or whatever.

The laws of gravity and age catches up with everybody sooner or later and that sexy body will eventually become not so sexy.

At some time a person who uses their body for attracting members of the opposite sex will have to learn a whole knew skill set, like having the ability to hold intelligent conversations.

Eye candy is good but it has a shelf life and dressing mutton up to look like lamb isn't a pretty sight.
 luvspjs
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/4/2012 4:39:21 PM
To the people who are claiming they "got it" because they work out etc ....... Get off your high horse and be happy with who you are. You don't need to prove anything to anyone but yourslef.

Everyone has "got it". Everyone likes something a little different.

Sounds like you have got a good head on your shoulders! Society sucks because "sex sells" unfortunately.
 tlcme1964
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/4/2012 7:21:51 PM
I don't take them serious at all. Seems to be more about attracting online attention. So she either has an emotional screw loose or rolled in one too many hay stacks for my liking. At 47 last thing I'd do is intentionally date a project or someone promiscuous enough to have kootie's.
 1osubuckeye
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2012 7:27:46 PM

To the people who are claiming they "got it" because they work out etc ....... Get off your high horse and be happy with who you are. You don't need to prove anything to anyone but yourslef.

Everyone has "got it". Everyone likes something a little different.

Sounds like you have got a good head on your shoulders! Society sucks because "sex sells" unfortunately.

As Jim Carrey would say:

"That just something ugly people say to make themselves feel better."

You can't control genetics. Physical appearance like weight, hygiene, etc. and personality are dependent on the person and CAN be controlled. The people that just sit back and don't do anything about it have nothing to say, because it's their own damn fault.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:36:08 AM
Men post pics with no shirts on. Same reason as women post pics in sexy sleepwear. Sex.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/5/2012 5:23:08 AM

After all how many people have holiday pics in a bikini? Many of which show FAR more flesh than even some of the hottest playwear

Yet because its "beachwear" nobody bats an eyelid at it which is one hell of a double standard really

I agree. I had Christmas pics professionally taken in a sexy santa suit. They were up till about a week ago, and then POF pulled them. I was going to take them off the site anyway, because the holidays are over. But there was no mention of why they were pulled. Nobody who would respond when I wrote to ask. They were not indecent and showed a hell of a lot less than any bikini would have. Not see thu. Nothing hanging out. I really dont know what the problem was. Just a message that said it was a violation. whatever.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/5/2012 12:40:55 PM
OP dont you have a picture on your profile that looks like you have NOTHING on but a rose???? And why do women think judging other women is their job. Sounds to me like sour apples. He must be interested in her because she is half naked if she were better dress he wouldnt look at her twice. Jealous? Looking for an excuse.
 BrookfieldGentlemanTom
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/6/2012 11:53:14 AM
Yew4ics, ^^^^^^^^^^

i can't believe they took those innocent pics of you off of here.

WTF is wrong with the MODS on this site?????

two posters on here practically called me a pedophile because i prefer to date youger women instead of "gushing grannies". i asked they be banned and they were not.

i sent you the username of a woman who is topless on here but with a goodly amount of sideboob hanging out with the x rated part covered by some of her arm. why is she still on here???
 Yew4ics
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/6/2012 12:10:35 PM

i can't believe they took those innocent pics of you off of here.

WTF is wrong with the MODS on this site?????

two posters on here practically called me a pedophile because i prefer to date youger women instead of "gushing grannies". i asked they be banned and they were not.

i sent you the username of a woman who is topless on here but with a goodly amount of sideboob hanging out with the x rated part covered by some of her arm. why is she still on here???

I have no clue why they pulled my pics and there is nobody from administration who will answer me. all I can think of is...
I was exchanging messages with a guy on here. It started out freindly, then out of nowhere, he went psycho on me, and our messages took a nasty turn. That is the same day my pics were pulled. I think he had something to do with it, but not sure. Like I said Christmas is over and I was about to pull them anyway. Got lots of nice messages from people about them...so WHATEVER , to you pof mods. *raspberries*
 idaho_chuck
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 11:56:04 AM

I have no clue why they pulled my pics and there is nobody from administration who will answer me. all I can think of is...
I was exchanging messages with a guy on here. It started out freindly, then out of nowhere, he went psycho on me, and our messages took a nasty turn. That is the same day my pics were pulled. I think he had something to do with it, but not sure. Like I said Christmas is over and I was about to pull them anyway. Got lots of nice messages from people about them...so WHATEVER , to you pof mods. *raspberries*

It even says when you are reporting a picture don't do it out of spite....some people's children! You would think men would like seeing sexy photos of pretty women on here! Go figure......
 MDIYM59
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/14/2012 7:39:51 PM
It depends, does she have other, more mundane photos on her profile? Is it blatantly sexual or just her trying to show her sexy side? One sexy pic in a profile isn't a deal-breaker, but there has to be more to her than just a sexy image.
I have to admit I rather see one sexy picture thrown in, than those women who post 10 pictures of just their face and not one head to toe photo. Or a caption that says "I love to laugh and I'm always smiling" but her photo looks like she's is angry at the world.
But to answer the OP's question, yes I would consider dating/marrying a woman with a sexy picture on her profile provided she has more to offer than just a sexy look.
 Answerman711
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:59:01 AM
OP, I guess I'm like you. Less is more(not less clothes) there are other ways to show in a profile pic that you have the goods, but without saying HEY LOOK AT ME AND MY BOOBS!

I would want to see that stuff later, would rather get to know her first.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/15/2012 5:33:23 AM
There is a way of displaying a beautiful body, without being cheap and tacky about it. Smart women understand how to do this. And smart men appreciate it for what it is, and don't make cheap assumptions about it. sort of like comparing playboy pics to hustler. One is classy...the other is hardcore.
 RIPTIDE59
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:22:42 AM
@msg 102 Yew4ics!!!! Well, I just looked at your profile again. Everything is in good taste. Everything was in good taste. I remember those pics; very nice. I really think us FL. folks make the best profiles!!!! And a lot of the reason for that is we don't really like to wear clothes. Whats wrong with not wearing a shirt? Whats wrong with a bikini top? I think POF originates from Canada. They do censor more in Canada than in US. Also, my experience with Canadien folks is that they are more "puritan" regarding display of the body. I personally have never seen anything hardcore on this site; doubt I ever will. If I would; no worries. Freedom of expression. And, I strongly encourage anyone m/f to display their "talents" to the fullest extent!!!!
 Yew4ics
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:54:06 AM

Whats wrong with not wearing a shirt? Whats wrong with a bikini top?

I don't know. But when a guy does have a shirtless pic...it is always other men complaining about it. Not women. lol
 cooldog65
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 2:54:45 AM
" i sent you the username of a woman who is topless on here but with a goodly amount of sideboob hanging out with the x rated part covered by some of her arm. why is she still on here???"

@ BrookfieldGentlemanTom , please send me the info as I am doing field research for my PhD. :wink:
 NicoleGigi
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/23/2012 6:57:23 AM
Most people love sex. Most people love to feel confident, and a good majority love to see confidence in people. Do I agree with someone posing almost naked for attention? No.. but who am I to say anything really?. I think dressing "sexy" can be feminine and beautiful. Just because I like to dress that way would not mean I am not a wonderful,honest.. caring, nurturing person who can carry a conversation, cook, clean and do all the things that someone potentially would want as a wife!
 cooldog65
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:42:30 AM
^^^^^
After we men take that long, hard look, we hope for a happy ending.

All in the name of research for my PhD. at BYU.
 lhorns
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:19:05 AM
I am a guy so I won't say I don't appreciate the pictures. However would I date someone that put those picture out for the world to see? Uh, no.
 AcousticConfidence
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:32:16 AM
"The less they wear the more they want it."

-Aristotle.
 idaho_chuck
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:30:06 AM

I don't know. But when a guy does have a shirtless pic...it is always other men complaining about it. Not women. lol

Not true....for one thing guys do not check out other guys profiles....it's just not done. Second.....I see "if you have a picture with no shirt on your profile pass me by" a lot on women's profiles
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women post pics in sexy sleepwear?