Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deerdog1
Msg: 45
registered sex offendersPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

wel somebody had to do it the pof wast protecting the women on her and if he feels harressed good i accomplished something today
hes on the registery thats all the facts i need

until your last post I actually had some empathy for your position

during the witch hunts all they needed was that someone be accused and they were ready to execute them .... no no one had to do it and harassment is always wrong ..if you do post his name im sure you are breaking the law ...you may well be any way ...and POF knows that banning him would be discriminating ...

I counted ...personally I know 13 people on the sex offenders registry and all 13 of them managed to get on it from some bull shit charge ...or doing something stupid ...prosecutors make points when they register someone on the list ...of everyone I gets branded a sex offender for life who is on the list no one is an actual pedophile or rapist ...the biggest reason the people I know are on the list is turning 18 and still having sex with their underage girl friend...followed by indecent exposure ...do you have any idea how many young guys are on the list for simply mooning someone ... sexual abuse almost never comes to trial ...Why?? because the prosecutors will tell the defendant that he stands no chance and his name will be drug through the mud and the jury will believe the accuser because they are women or children ...and if they do plea inocent the jury will give them the max sentence...which is all true ...so the guy cops a plea and I will bet that truth be known that over 50% on the list are innocent ....the whole premises of the list is a witch hunt ... my solution ..stop all this crooked plea bargaining and make all sex crimes go to trial ...then if they are convected by all means persecute them for all their life ...

I also know one guy ...who was dating a woman ..and was accused of sexual abuse on her teenage daughter ...he was offered a plea bargain which included being put on the list ...he refused ...he went to trial ...and was acquitted...it was found that the same teenage girl had accused 5 other guys all her mothers ex boy friends ...as well as her birth father ..and that this girl was a habitual liar ...and had made accusations toward other men including her principal and teachers ...it turns out that this girl had accused every guy she came in contact with of fondling her and trying to rape her ...and she was still a virgin ...but still with her history ..her mother and the prosecutors believed her every time and had actually charged 4 guys with sex crimes because of her accusations

actually he did not violate the terms of POF ...YOU DID .... actually they should ban YOU ...not him...and you need to get a spell checker
 deerdog1
Msg: 48
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/9/2009 5:19:17 AM

i think its creepy how alot of guys are getting really defensive on this subject....

wait till a person you know is railroaded .... into pleading guilty to a sex crime ..and put on the list ...someone you know is innocent

no one is getting defensive ...the sex offenders list is the most abused part of the criminal justice system ...it is good in theory ..but anything the government runs is abused

like I said I worked in the department of corrections and saw first hand how things work ..the innocent and down trodden get convected and persecuted ...while the guilty and perverted know how to play the system and get off almost every time ....

did you know that prosecutors...actually keep score and brag about how many people they have listed as sex offenders ...guilt or innocence aside

Im not defending sex offenders ...guilty ones any way ...mothers be careful and defensive there are a lot more perverts that are not listed sex offenders ...but also there are a lot of registered sex offenders that are not perverts or pedophiles ...they just didnt get a fair shake in a perverted legal system

in my time in law enforcement I saw so much crime that it made me sick and made me eventually quit ...and most of it was being perpetrated by the ones sworn to uphold the law ..its not whether you break the law ..its which side of the badge you stand on

I am an ex police officer .. that is a list that to me ..bears more disgrace than being on a sex offenders list 90 % of legal officials are perverts or crooked or on a power ego trip that makes them dangerous
 SpursFanSA
Msg: 49
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/9/2009 12:58:29 PM
Okay so they are not deleting him.... Oh well. There are thousands of sexual predators on this site that have not been caught or not on a "list."

You did what you did and they didn't do anything about it. So stop. You are not the police, or an FBI agent. You can't do anything about it.

Do you call the police when you see someone in a handicap parking space? lol
 867love
Msg: 51
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:38:05 PM
when i typed in my zip code -i was shocked on how many flags popped up in my neighborhood, -then reading the discriptions of why they were on the list (large number were teens caught having sex with their comperable same aged girlfriends, others using poor judgement or involved nudity in public) the lists are so big -even law enforcement agrees they cant even track them all. -there is a big difference between being naughty and purely evil...
we need to concentrate on the really bad apples -the high level serious and repete offenders.
however since prisons are a big business here in the U.S. -how long before you get locked up for a wardrobe malfunction or peeing in the bushes?
 Blueyedboyy
Msg: 58
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:16:35 PM
ok, so I have read this thread top to bottom, boredom does wonders, first of all, a gripe, why do people post the same thing as 1o before them, answer, they don't take the time to read the whole thread. Second, this person in reference, the thread author should have saved many arguements and just came out with his name, instead of saying email me and I will tell you. It is in no way a violation to say John Doe is a registered sex offender, rather that means for a sexual crime, or public urintation is not for us to say, someone would have pulled a file on him by now and aired it in the forum for all of us to see the truth. Those individuals that are standing up for him, saying he has rights, yes, if he took a leak in public, and got caught, then he is fine. If he did anything that was unbecoming of himself to a child, his balls need chopped off and he needs to not be on a dating site. POF monitores the forums unless I am mistaken, they do not want to get in a legal argument over a registered offender, it really shows how much they care for thier members, this site exists to fulfill in most cases sex starved and attention starved people's voids with hopes. Those that are simply on here to find a significant other, then I appoligize for being so harsh, the scarier thought to all this is that the registry just exists for those who are caught, imagine all the bad things that people think, even without action are just as bad. What I do see is a lack of action on anyone's part, myself included, air the chomo out and lets flame him, if you are standing up for him, you probably are on the registry or belong on it.
 HazelRose
Msg: 63
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:25:05 PM
Sad thing is, not all sex offenders are adults. Not all sex offenders are male, either. Sex offenders can be children and women. I hate all sex offenders, from the child molester to frottage jerk, and all the way up to the serial killer. Know your sex offender registry ladies like you know the Mall, and guys like you know your cars engine (not trying to be sexist). Know where your children like to hangout. Know the babysitter, the uncle or aunt your kid does not like being near, the older kid in the neighborhood who spends too much time near your little kid. Go with your instinct. DTA= Don't Trust Anybody with your kid. Yeah, and stop posting pics of your kids, too. It is a common warning on most adult sites to not post pics of your kids. Your true love will soon find out about the babes.
 girlshapedlovedrug
Msg: 64
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/30/2009 9:03:11 PM
I know that in the state of Illinois, anyone who has to register as a sex offender is required to register EACH and EVERY email address, website, profile, forum login, and anything else internet-related that would give them contact with "potential victims" with their local law enforcement agency, same as they have to register employment and address. Failure to do so can result in a class 3 or 4 felony charge against them, and if they are not already required to register for their natural life, it extends their required registration period by 10 years. I know people will argue that some of the people registered as sex offenders "got a bum deal" or something along the lines of that, but the majority did something to deserve it. Sex offending often is progressive as well, so although someone might be convicted for having sex with someone who is 15-18 (still a minor), at least they were stopped at that point. I've heard from convicted child molesters that they started in that same position, thinking it was 'no big deal', but people choose victims based on availability/access/attraction, so don't think they have one "type". Report it to your local agency and find out what your state laws require for sex offender registration. Better to "overreact" than to let them find another victim. I'm a probation officer (adult/sex offender specific) - I know I would appreciate public reports on any of my clients that would help me make the community safer... =)
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 65
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:30:37 PM

wait.. if they were both 12... how come she wasnt put in jail for the same thing???? god the system is so screwy....

I think you just answered your own question...
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 66
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:39:50 PM

i think its creepy how alot of guys are getting really defensive on this subject....

I think it's really creepy how people are rushing to judgment based solely on a very broken system.

And not only, as others mentioned, are innocent people being railroaded, but some children have been indirectly harmed by the system designed to protect them. For example, about a year or two ago, a child was killed when she was run over by a car after having wandered away from a day care.

Interestingly, a man driving along had spotted her and was going to pull over to check on her, but he ended up driving past because he was afraid that he might be branded a pedophile for approaching a young girl. Similarly, I remember seeing an episode of Dateline NBC where a girl (with mother nearby but out of sight) was left alone on a sidewalk. Most of the women who walked past stopped to ask her where her parents were, but not a single man stopped.

I gotta say, I can't blame any guy for thinking that way.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 67
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:42:41 PM

It's a shame there isn't a law that requires every male to be put through a background check before he is allowed to date.

Wow, with that statement I think you pretty well nullified any credibility you might have otherwise had...
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 70
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/25/2009 8:34:30 PM

It's a shame there isn't a law that requires every male to be put through a background check before he is allowed to date.

Listen to yourself. That's just appalling. Should we all have a card we have to carry as proof? Will the police throw us into gaol if they find us at a restaurant with a woman and we can't produce the card?

So only the men must have a background check? Because ALL women are perfect and free from sin, right?

Would it surprise you to know there are plenty of predatory women in schools around the world molesting and seducing their male and female students? There have been some notorious cases over here and around the world where the magistrates have handed down some pretty heavy penalties. Of course you only choose to believe it's men who're the culprits here, so now EVERY man must suffer for the sins of a few. Every man you encounter is guilty until proven innocent?

Show due dilligence with the men you date by all means, but to discriminate against half the population because you THINK they all MIGHT be potential sex-offenders is just plain stupid.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 72
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:00:12 PM

For predators, offending is not a one time thing.

But the topic at hand isn't just "predators," it's "registered sex offenders." As many here have mentioned, not all people who are forced to register are true predators. The system was well-intentioned but it encompasses far too many minor offenses, many of which have already been addressed in this thread.
 want to travel
Msg: 73
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:54:03 PM
i am a parent, i NEVER let anyone into my kids life that i did not trust, neither did his mom,
parents should take some of the responsibility if there children get molested, as for the pedo's i dont know about the states but here in canada they are given a slap in the wrist hardly ever serve time in jail, and if they have money, and a good lawyer get off scot free, i dont even think we have a list in this country,canada is light years behind the USA as far as punishing these animals
 tallshyman
Msg: 74
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:06:17 AM
age of consent is 17 where I live
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 76
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/26/2009 1:23:38 PM

4 sex call me 634706908

Are you a f*cking moron? What are you doing posting irrelevant and offensive crap like this on a discussion thread like this?
 want to travel
Msg: 78
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/26/2009 5:28:20 PM
my previous post, agreed with the op, but even i have to admit it would be crazy to have an 18 year old get put on the list for having sex with a 16 or 17 year old young woman, and i do agree that way too many play the victim in custody cases
 deerdog1
Msg: 79
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/26/2009 6:12:49 PM

Why not put his name on here?

because it is against POF rules .... as well as some laws ...if his reason for being on the list does not require a restriction against him being on a dating site ..he will have a legal right to have her arrested if she gives out his info ...
 want to travel
Msg: 80
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/26/2009 7:26:14 PM
i agree with the above poster, parent love and protect your children, i did mine hes almost 18 , his mom and i kept him safe, it is time parent step up to the plate and take there job seriously
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 82
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/27/2009 2:18:59 PM
It wouldn't matter WHAT he was on the offender's list for or whether or not I'm a parent. Being involved in any way with someone who is on the list would be occupational suicide for me since I teach other people's children in a private setting.
I met someone here on POF last summer that once he knew what I did for a living started asking me if I had any fantasies about my work. I was so pissed that he would disrespect my livelyhood for his own amusement and stupidity. I blocked him as fast as I could.

We have a practicing veterinarian in town who had a thing for little girls and is in the registry. I don't know how he gets any business from people with children, but they either don't know or don't care.
As far as including children in your pics in a dating site, I personally find it pretty inappropriate and distasteful, but I find more dads seem to do it than moms do.

I've included this on my profile after seeing it in someone else's here:

I've been accused of "fear mongering" by someone in the forums here, but their opinion of me doesn't matter.

IMPORTANT BULLETIN:
UNCOOL (+ DANGEROUS?) TO POST WITH YOUR KIDS ON THIS SITE WHERE POTENTIAL PREDATORS LURK. KIDS SHOULD NOT BE USED AS SALES TOOLS TO MARKET YOURSELF. PLEASE PETITION POF TO CHANGE THEIR POLICY ON POSTINGS WITH CHILDREN TO AT LEAST MASK OUT THEIR FACES IF POSTED. FOR WIDER COVERAGE OF THIS MESSAGE, PLEASE COPY & PASTE INTO YOUR OWN PROFILE. THANKS
 deerdog1
Msg: 83
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:41:49 PM

once he knew what I did for a living started asking me if I had any fantasies about my work.

maybe he just wanted you to play school teacher with him as the student ... not that kinky of a fantacy

but I find more dads seem to do it than moms do.

more dads get accused of IT than moms do ....hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 84
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:52:03 PM
once he knew what I did for a living started asking me if I had any fantasies about my work.

maybe he just wanted you to play school teacher with him as the student ... not that kinky of a fantacy

Doesn't matter - when they begin to ask me sexual questions about my relationships with my students I take that very seriously and to me is the equivalent of a cold shower. If he was just being an idiot then maybe he'll figure that out and next time learn what boundaries are.
 867love
Msg: 85
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:48:28 PM
-The sexual offenders list started out as a good idea, however it got watered down with waaaay to many offenders, and no line drawn, the list is just too big for anyone to thoroughally keep track of the really evil individuals .

If you have tracked any of the recent high profile cases you know most of those sick individuals, (some registered, some didn't, and did it stop any of them? or even slow them down) -hell no!

the sex offender list needs to be concentrated down to those preditors that come after our children. how can one case worker keep track of 600 preditors especially when 575 of them were doing something stupid and not of evil intention?

-(adults can take care of themselves -buy a gun, learn to shoot! .357 works better than 911)
let law enforcement concentrate on hard core sex criminals only, like child molesters, nothing else...
Scary we should have to worry about creeps who use the flawed system to their advantage, eyeballing our children in parks or wal-mart etc...
 canoga77
Msg: 90
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/27/2009 8:28:51 PM
One last point: How come nobody's so exercised about, say, embezzlers, or armed robbers? I don't hear any agitation to put those folks on lifetime registries. It's always sex (**gasp**) offenders -- even though, last time I checked, their recidivism rates were somewhat **lower** than the norm for convicts. Looks to me like, for all the talk about how "liberated" we are, there's as much hysteria and childishness about sex as there ever was.

Good point. And you gotta love these people who want the death penalty, torture, castration, banishment, etc. for sex offenders. As mentally disturbed and immoral as sex criminals are, I think those who advocate these kinds of punishments are far more so. It's mind boggling to me that anyone can equate non-homicidal crimes with capital punishment.
 want to travel
Msg: 92
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/28/2009 12:23:31 PM
i was watching cnn, there is a case on the news about a 15 year old girl who made a choice to go in the back of the school, and get drunk... with a bunch of young boys, she had sex with them and now she is crying rape, now these poor bouts are being hunted down by the police, there lives are going to be ruined, women need to rake responsability for there behavior, even young girls
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 93
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/28/2018 4:34:55 AM
Say the same thing on my profile stating why would you post pictures of your kids or grands unless you know who or what are looking at them!.....countries riddled with scum bags and it's documented that they NEVER.....NEVER get over such cravings.....so protect your family it's YOUR obligation!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >