Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > After party pictures. Meet & greet at Crowne Plaza, Melbourne, June 6      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justnancy
Msg: 51
After party pictures. Meet & greet at Crowne Plaza, Melbourne, June 6thPage 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Just got home a few minutes ago. I have a message on my machine. Seems the Crowne is impressed with the # of people that showed up Saturday. They would like to work with me for a future event.
 sunseeker
Msg: 52
view profile
History
After party pictures. Meet & greet at Crowne Plaza, Melbourne, June 6th
Posted: 6/10/2009 6:56:35 PM
Yee Hawww: Is everyone recovered and ready for a replay????

jump:
 justnancy
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/10/2009 6:58:36 PM
Since the Hilton is willing to offer me a lot, The Crowne would have to offer me a lot. Not just a drink special. I want dance music, food, good room rates ect....LOL

I didn’t get to check out Lou’s with all of you guys. Me and Jelly may get together one night so I can check it out. My eyes have gotten better. They are no longer red and when I woke up this morning they were hardly glued together.

Sunseeker, I'm already thinking of a next party!!! Are you ready??? It was great meeting you.
 magickisssss
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/10/2009 7:27:48 PM
I didn't get to check out Lou's either. Next time, I am coming over early and seeing a few things. Just don't make it the next couple of weeks lol

Figured after we were there the Crown would want to work with ya more. Loved the Hilton and they were really cool about the after party stuff. Besides, I think you should check the beds at the Crown first lol. Are they as comfy as the Hilton???
 swingdansr
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:50:50 PM
Sunseeker, glad to see that you and Not Steve survived the" initiation" at the pre-party. It was really nice to meet you. Hope to see you again at the next party.
 SRQleslie
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:06:33 PM
Just an 'observation'!!@ We ALL have the absolute PLEASURE of meeting NEW people and re==aquainting' with people we have met! What these POF parties 'sometimes' afford us, is the opportunity to 'access' and 'separate' the potential new FRIENDS from the 'pof party acquaintances! I say that in a POSITIVE sense.!!! I have had the PLEASURE of re-uniting with some people that I truly feel that will be FRIENDS for life!!! Conversely, I have been re-aquainted with some POF people who I realize will ONLY be that .....'POF buddies'!! HEY - not all bad!!

IF I didn't acknowledge ALL the new people I met in Melbourne (SHAME on me) that I want to continue to KNOW better.....then, again, shame on me! (YOU know who you are)!!

I guess I find myself this evening in a rather 'introspective' train of thought (SORRY)...BUT,,,I can't HELP but wonder, if 'others' don't also 'sometimes' find themselves thinking the same thing!!

IN any event - much LOVE to you all.!!

Leslie
 Michael 2008
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/11/2009 2:38:36 AM

Just don't make it the next couple of weeks lol

But please make it before mid August since after that I'm off to my new job in Iraq. After August I'll be living vicariously, don't let be down. lol.
 magickisssss
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:10:22 AM
I agree Leslie......I continue to meet new people that I would love to get to know better and feel there is a real connection. I also enjoy getting re-aquainted and like how you put it, "POF buddies" and you are correct, not a bad thing at all. If I had the money/time, I would love to travel, attend POF parties all over FL and even the rest of the country. Hey, then perhaps I could find work as a person who rates the beds at every hotel lol. What is your thread count?

Michael, we need to do something before you leave. Who is up for that??
 justnancy
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:41:25 AM
Diane, leave it to you and Hallie, always thinking about the beds!!! I must admit I am curious about the beds at the Crowne!

Nanook, good thinking!!! Putting Cabana boys on the list now!!!

Jim, you must admit our imitations are fun. Hurricanes and Martinis....they don't know what hit them!!! I agree it was great meeting you all!!

Mike we couldn't send you off to Iraq with such a distance memory of June 6th with us!. You need a more up to date memory than that!! Maybe early August. Taking a vote for early August, give me ya's or nay's!!

Leslie, I agree!! Not all of us found the love of our lives, but we have made some good friends along the way!!
 camelot1
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:51:59 AM
well Ive got my own "fish" to fry right this minute....LOL but thanks to Pete - Sunpass sent me her # so I can call her and get going on it.

Thank god for SHELL
 swingdansr
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 1:37:49 PM
Michael, you should start a POF chapter in Iraq. I'm sure you could meet some fine hot babes over there.

That's a great picture of" Phishy leaving the Hilton. That must be his grill on fire in the background after the party. What a rockstar.
 HockeyTalkie
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 1:41:23 PM
...don't know about all you guy's with the Hilton bed thing, but I was sure glad to crawl back into my comfy bed at home, SOBER
 magickisssss
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/11/2009 2:26:23 PM

Taking a vote for early August, give me ya's or nay's

I am ready to call priceline, find me a ride and put in for time off!!

May not have found the love of my life, but found a life I love????
 Michael 2008
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:24:05 PM

May not have found the love of my life, but found a life I love

Well said!!!!!!
 SRQleslie
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:38:54 PM
Well said!!!!!!

WOW, Diane! I AGREE!!!

Maybe a 'candidate' for the Favorite BUMPER Sticker thread??

OK - hasn't anybody noticed that the 'elephant is not in the room'...................WHERE is our Phishymon??? His profile is GONE!!

sunseeker
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:22:25 PM
swing, I know I had fun. Can't speak for Not Steve but he looked happy.
It was a great party! Hope we can do it again soon! It was nice meeting everyone. You guys sure know how to party!

Pat
 sunseeker
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:26:25 PM
Absolutely. Nancy. Sign me up. Need help??
 swingdansr
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:57:49 PM
Let's do Melborne again. The hotel staff was great. So where the comfy beds.
The beds are the only reason I'm going back.
 justnancy
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:19:05 PM
Jim that's what I love about you, you always now the important stuff. First when I just posted the party thread up, Jim was the first one to ask “When is the next one?” I mention an early August event and Jim is talking beds already! LOL

Sounds like early August it is. I can check with Hilton and Crowne and see who will offer me what! Unless someone wants to do a different area. I need to check the date of when school starts again. I would like to party before I return for the school year.

On the last email I received from Phishy, It didn't show a sender. When I opened it said "sender: phishymon has closed their account”. Maybe his profile got erased like Straykat’s or maybe he's out starting another barbeque.

I have spoken to Laura, she is around.

Pat, not Steven had an awesome time. See msg. 15
 swingdansr
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:47:06 PM
Don't forget now, this party is about Michael going away. We should all party when someone goes away. Wait a minute! That didn't sound right!
 justnancy
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:01:00 PM
Jim, I think you meant, in honor of Michael going away, since he will be missed.

Better off sticking with the beds!! ....
 swingdansr
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:12:31 PM
Yes, you read between the lines. Speaking of bed, I'm outta here. c'ya
 Michael 2008
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:03:11 AM

Don't forget now, this party is about Michael going away.

Errr... thanks... I think. In the military we used to call that a "wheels up" party. (Airplane reference) I vote for Melbourne again.... if it ain't broke, we haven't tried hard enough.

Hallie, still plenty of bubble wrap left over after making your cup. Should I send it so you can Hallie-proof your house? And a weekend job?! What are you thinking?
 Michael 2008
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:04:58 AM

Hallie, if you keep it up by August you'll be in a body cast!

Everybody bring a Sharpie pen.... this could get interesting!
 magickisssss
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:12:14 AM
I vote for Melbourne and priceline again. Michael, you need to send Hallie the bubblewrap so she can wrap her body and keep from getting bruised.

Everybody bring a Sharpie pen.... this could get interesting

If we are going to bring the pen so we can claim stuff as ours, I am all for it lol. Will that include people????
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > After party pictures. Meet & greet at Crowne Plaza, Melbourne, June 6th