Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > How did you escape from the monster in your dreams ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nevaagin
Msg: 22
How did you escape from the monster in your dreams ?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
No monsters , only embarassingly good dreams when taking an anti depressant called Avanza ... I used to be so exhausted ! And the blankets and sheets were always allover the floor . So I stopped taking them ..... too much of a good thing . [This is for the poster no.32]
 thebestlady
Msg: 23
view profile
History
How did you escape from the monster in your dreams ?
Posted: 8/14/2009 1:52:09 PM
bwana217

What did you say to the monsters? I am sure not just I are curious
 thebestlady
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2009 4:18:02 PM
You wrote you feel the demons presents how does that feel ?
 thebestlady
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:46:36 PM
You wrote that you read that demons were the outlet for stress but I am sure that there is not anyone wants to run away from monsters when stressed. It is a very scared
experience to run away from a monster
 yna6
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/19/2009 9:09:11 AM
You take control of yourself in the dream, turn around and kick 'em in the balls! Make yourself strong! Come on like the hulk! BE the monster! Yeah...
then wake up shaking and quaking wonder WTF was that?
 yna6
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/20/2009 11:35:05 AM
I just don't want to reach into the cereal box for the "surprise" and have some weird spider of something bite or sting me! I always am careful with pacjaged foods that way...some of that "overseas" stuff...you never know.
Enjoy your corn flakes tomorrow....
 ItsMargo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 9:12:48 PM
I always thought it was cool that my daughter could be the hero in her dreams - she almost invariably slayed the monster. Right now she doesn't dream, so it'll be interestiing once she does again to see if she is still her own hero.

I had a reoccurring dream for many years - I think about a decade, from my late teens to early twenties - of someone coming to get me. For years he circled the house, trying to find a way in. The odd thing was he circled whatever house I happened to be sleeping in at the time. Eventually, he got in and the dream was him creeping through the house, coming to get me. It took a few years before it progressed to him actually being on the stairs. I never saw his face, but I felt him. I felt his hate and his menace. Once, as he turned on the landing, I saw the moonlight from the window glint on a knife he was holding.

My sister was incredulous that I had had this dream and didn't know what his issue was and she insisted I ask him about it in my dreams, or tell him to go away. As he was now on the top of the stairs and just down the door from where I lay sleeping, I began to talk to him in my dream, asking why he hated me. The dreams stopped.

I figure this old dream is why I can't watch horror films; the scenes of someone approaching or the dangerous menace, feel unbearable and the effects linger for days.
 JewelsnTools
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2011 7:00:49 PM
The "monster" of my dreams was something between a dracula and Mr. Hyde---- only he had glowing, yellow, vertically slitted , polluted seeming eyes that shone with hatred.
He was chasing me silently, and all I could think was, "He's gonna jack me up!" (my profound assessment of his intentions toward me cracks me up to this day!)
Anyway, I ran around a corner, looking through my purse (which I never have carried!), hoping for something to "MacGuyver" an ambush or trap with. Dental floss... I tied one end of a length of it to a nearby car door, the other end to the frame of a sign on a building. Hid behind the car to watch. He came tearing around the corner....and STOPPED RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TRAP. Then, as if sensing where I was, he slowly turned JUST THOSE DAM*ED EYES to look right at me.
Thankfully, that's when I woke up! I was glad, too---made a beeline for the potty! :)
I sort of agree with the idea that "monsters" in dreams represent the repressed, un-beautiful parts of the dreamer. When I acknowledged and released those aspects of myself that would be considered "Eve's ugly children", that slimy, hate-filled, slit-eyed rascal went away! The good thing is that I got to keep all the strength, passion, power, and ability to focus that my "shadow" possessed! Better prize than tangled dental floss, any day!
Jewels
 happybunny8
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/16/2011 5:00:21 PM
All my nightmares were easily traceable to something happening in my life, however there have been a few strange ones.

In one, I ran and ran. I forget if I got away but it was a two night dream.

In another, I was rescued, but someone I loved died.

In another, I was quarantined, but someone I loved refused to stay and thus probably died.
 moonwalkerman
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/17/2011 12:55:30 PM
I tell the monsters that I am a Navy SEAL, and that I am also a cook. That usually makes them run for the hills...
 Titanicrose
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/17/2011 3:21:12 PM
I would never dream of monsters, just ugly mean people or animals. I woke myself up!
 karma1160
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/26/2011 7:02:03 AM
I definitely had dreams I could fly, but they were delirously wonderful!
As far as monsters, no I have never had dreams of monsters, I have had a dream where I died, but the dream was not of my death, I was actually looking back at my death and never experienced it. The dream mostly, was of my ascention into paradice and a hand that grabs me as I am doing that.

I have dreamed of being cut in the wrist once, I did not escape that, but it was so real that I woke up and felt the burn.
I have this sleep phenomena where I go from falling asleep into REM sleep within minutes, which makes me dream alot.
If I dream in the early morning hours than I have complete recollection.
 karma1160
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/26/2011 7:06:10 AM
Has anyone ever dreamed of waking up next to someone, but never seeing their face?
 crguy43
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:24:10 PM
When I was a teen, I had some really bad dreams, probably fueled by reading a lot of H. P. Lovecraft (didn't sleep a wink the night after I first read "The Colour Out of Space.") Another author gave me the antidote; I read Clifford Simak's CITY and was really taken with Jenkins the robot. He became my protector in my dreams.

My monsters were always dark and amorphous, like many of those in Lovecraft. They were scary as hell, but no match for a robot muscle...
 PinkZombies
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/14/2012 10:42:55 AM
I can fly in my dreams, whenever and wherever I want.
None of my dream monsters can fly. At least, none so far.
 jlbiv
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/19/2012 8:04:33 PM
I'm not sure monsters have ever been a theme in any dreams... I have had dreams of people trying too kill me. Catch was I had a gun, but it was in pieces, so I needed to reassemble it on the fly.

Dreams of flying were not normally for escape purposes. It was just something I could do, however it required a great deal of concentration. I had to be very focused to overcome gravity and actually get off the ground. If I became less focused, I would start come down, but a bit slowly.

Falling, only a few times... Yes, I hit the ground, it's happened a couple times with someone laying next to me. My arms go straight out and I tense so hard I'll come up out of the bed. So no, you don't die when you hit the ground.
 lagoda
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/21/2012 1:28:04 PM
The monster was always behind me. I would keep still, concentrate, and then with great flapping of my arms, I would float up off the floor. Just as the monster was about to grab me, I started moving forward. Flying, I guess. But I could never get any higher or further ahead of it than an arm's length. It almost became boring.

I got better at flight because later I had dreams in which I could fly around neighborhoods, visit other towns, hover around getting a bird's eye view of things. To begin flight, I just had to raise my arms, otherwise there was no effort. When I was older, I could fly through the atmosphere and recall the feeling of awe at seeing clusters of stellar bodies with my naked eye and hearing the sound of the cosmos.

Mostly there are no more dreams about monsters at night - mostly ... (he he!), just the occasional disturbing claustrophobic or dream about dying. But there's lots of simple dreams that have an exhilarating effect. The mind is amazing.
 JES21122
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:40:39 AM
Mine is a doctor who sticks me with needles and laughs
I eventually just stopped dreaming about it.
Im glad for that I could never have stopped dreaming it on my own.
 imacipher
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/23/2012 10:17:18 AM
The Monster? *smiles* I remember, hiding-out, waiting for "her"[ a shadowy form, that was, definitely female] to emerge from this path, where I always spied her, walking. But, this time, I was going to 'catch-her"; I had so much to tell her & many questions. So ,I hid behind some shrubbery, & when she walked-past-I "jumped" her & put my arms around her & just held-on for dear life... to prevent her, escape.
The next part of your question-"What did she[it] look like? OMFG! I can't even begin to tell you how many different transformations that she was able to achieve; each one, being more grotesque, ugly, & frightening, than the last. I remember, being scared shitless but, maintained, a tighter-than-that" grip on it[her]; there's another thing I remember, I kept telling her[it], over & over, "I love you"; this seemed to drain the energy from & "calm" this creature. There was also, the feeling of intuitively, understanding that the "monster" was only -[monstrous], due to it's[her] FEAR & if only, the monster knew that it[she] was loved & accepted; it[she] would be afraid, no longer...
See, The monster was...Me:}
 RainGrimoire
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/25/2012 4:11:44 PM
The first occurence, it was a mutated version of my father (who isn't in reality so bad). I got up the street to my grandmother's house, and I asserted that if he tried to enter, he would be destroyed. He did try to enter, and so he was destroyed.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:54:54 PM
In classic dream theory
you are supposed to fight the monster.

If you kill it....
it is transformed into something beautiful.
If it kills you...
then you are beautifully transformed.

As for me,
it's been about 50/50 on the dream monster kill ratio.

on a separate note.... imacipher....you have some scary photos.
You look hot,
but scary.
 Romanalunda
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/4/2012 5:52:43 PM
That is SO awesome. That is the best thing I've ever heard!!!
 lookingforsophia
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:55:12 PM
In my dreams, i'm wrestling with the monster on the beach at sunset with purple mountains in the background.

Jest when I'm bout to punch the monster's lights out; Baby Jesus floats down
from a water spout tornado riding a kite surf board saying :
'Dude, hang loose. " Followed by a chorus of 'Love is all there is'

It turned out much better really; now that monster's my brother-in-law.
 1saved
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/26/2014 2:31:23 PM
I slammed it over the head with my bedside lamp, swinging it in the air until it had enough umph to knock it out. I dragged it into the basement, gave it a bowl of left overs, and some water. Apparently it did not like human food, escaped through the window, and hitched a ride to Las Vegas. It won the jackpot, and used the money to start Monsterholics Anonymous. It was last seen eating leftovers...
 Coma_White
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2014 11:46:15 AM
There was a knight riding a horse that scared me for some reason. I remember automatically banishing him by putting a golden triange around him and he disappeared.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > How did you escape from the monster in your dreams ?