Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JordanMardan
Msg: 999
view profile
History
Why Do I See More Caucasian Men Dating Asian Women?Page 17 of 80    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
aaraaf: "I usually date caucasian men, because that's who contacts me when I flirt and then end up having something in common with or I like the way the wooed me. I don't really have a preference though and probably am more nerdy."

Jordan: The stereotype that "Asian women prefer white men"....seems to be more than just a stereotype.
In fact, on the popular Asian-Nation website, there is a section conveying that "most inter-ethnic marriage between Balcks and Asians" occur between U.S.
-raised Asian Americans."

http://www.asian-nation.org/interracial2.shtml

Sooooooo......what do the Asian women here say in response?

Jordan Mardan
 sunnydelightpdx
Msg: 1000
Why Do I See More Caucasian Men Dating Asian Women?
Posted: 6/11/2007 4:57:00 PM
I agree. I think many men, especially those with low self images, seek women who are submissive. Caucasions, particularly of late, have become very impowered and independent. Men with poor self esteem might have a struggle with that.

The Asian culture has historically taught their women to be submissive and never question the demands of their men.
 steve326a
Msg: 1013
Posted: 6/20/2007 4:06:37 AM
It has nothing to do with race. Myself, I never purposely set out to fall in love with a Filipina, not in a million years. It just happened. Neither her nor I planned it but I tell you what, when we 1st saw each other, it was all she wrote. My heart skipped a few beats as did hers. Now we can't picture our lives without each other and God willing we will both grow old and gray together. As I said, I did not set out to be with an asian woman, it just happened and I thank God every single day for the precious gift he sent to me. Not all of them go after money. She knew from the get go I had little money and could have done better financial wise but yet she chose to be with me anyways. I'm moving to the Philipines in Sept to be with her permantly.

God Bless,
Steve
 Seavoyage
Msg: 1034
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2007 8:56:42 AM
I live in Korea. There are thousands of Caucasian men and women from England, Canada, and America and the women are complaining, in some cases, that the men are dating the Korean women. Korean women happen to be very beautiful. They are plentiful, there is a stereotype that the Korean and some Asian women will be more attentive to their boyfriends. I am guessing, because I am not sure exactly of the answer. There is a perception among some Caucasian men that they will get more out of a relationship with an Asian woman or an Eastern European Caucasian then the typical American, Canadian, or British girl. I think I am generally open to Hispanic or Caucasian women, but I am kind of weary of the games and complications and when Asian women seem to give you more attention many of the guys will go for that, naturally. I have an Irish friend and his Korean girlfriend goes out of her way to make him feel great. I am only trying to explain what the perceptions are out there.... I am not really after Asian women, but many are quite attractive which helps...
 buto
Msg: 1035
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2007 9:21:12 AM
I find Asian ladies attractive on a physical basis. It's strictly a matter of taste. They also seem to have a better temperment so I decided that's the way to go and I've been happy that way. I find Latinas attractive but unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of meeting any single ones
 steve326a
Msg: 1036
Posted: 6/23/2007 5:12:27 PM

I find Asian ladies attractive on a physical basis. It's strictly a matter of taste. They also seem to have a better temperment so I decided that's the way to go and I've been happy that way. I find Latinas attractive but unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of meeting any single ones

Be careful. Latinas are beautiful. But the Latino men take serious offense to anyone from another race taking their women. Many years ago, one made that point very clear with a knife held to my throat saying only Latino men will be with a latina woman and the next time there won't be any warning. I have since stayed away from latinas. If one started to talk nice to me I would leave very fast. But, It doesn't matter now. I have my Filipina honey. I could not ask for better. God has blessed me with my Merlita.

Steve
 Seavoyage
Msg: 1038
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 8:02:21 PM
There are about as many Western women as the Western men in Korea, but often the men are with the Asians over the Western women it is perceived. And the women don't like it. I don't really think they go out of their way to attract Western guys, the Asian girls do, so the American and Canadian guys go for that... It's natural.
 brucem101
Msg: 1040
Posted: 6/25/2007 3:21:07 AM
i only makes good sense--caucasian women (especially americans) are typically spoiled, over-opinionated, and lack the capacity to fully accept and appreciate what the male has to offer. whereas, someone from the asian culture (and many others) were brought up on an entirely different set of values and beliefs which, simply put, makes them the ideal choice for a mate! well, you asked!
 lucilou
Msg: 1041
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 3:47:04 AM
Thank you lovernick, I am not racist, I think every individual has each own concept on who they want to have relationship with. I will get in touch with you lovernick , take care everyone, no hatered please, this is just a forum. Lucilou
 Seavoyage
Msg: 1043
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 5:02:35 AM
As far as Russian women, what I like about them more of them in general want to have kids, and I see so many North American women who don't want to. Russian women seem so much into being feminine, dressing up. That's attractive. I find that their culture is kind of deep. I don't mind North American women, but sometimes they seem very demanding and put up so many barriers. I could be wrong on that. I find that I find myself having less of a hard time with foreign women and that includes some European ones. So I don't think it is simply about insecurity. Some of the men have been married before and have been burned. The dating scene is very brutal. Some Russian men are serious problems for Russian women, and it is a welcome change for some of the Russian girls. They welcome the change. By the way, there is a website called Visa Journey where American girls are bringing in foreign husbands. Are they looking for more submissive men? I don't think so.
 lucilou
Msg: 1048
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 5:38:14 PM
To all ladies who dont like Asian women, why are you all so mean!! Asian women are not submissive!! we are not yellow, we might not be as pretty as those caucasian women but we are not ugly either. They are strong and work hard to help the family. I agree to those guys that we asian women are not so chubby a nicer way to put those who are overweight and extremely obese. Our culture are different from americans, we tend to provide our children education, we work 2 jobs to get what we want., and we do respect our husband. Some are bad like some americans too, so stop putting down Asian women. Ladies are making fun of us, we are educated and have class and pride.
 steve326a
Msg: 1049
Posted: 6/25/2007 6:08:48 PM

To all ladies who dont like Asian women, why are you all so mean!! Asian women are not submissive!! we are not yellow, we might not be as pretty as those caucasian women but we are not ugly either. They are strong and work hard to help the family. I agree to those guys that we asian women are not so chubby a nicer way to put those who are overweight and extremely obese. Our culture are different from americans, we tend to provide our children education, we work 2 jobs to get what we want., and we do respect our husband. Some are bad like some americans too, so stop putting down Asian women. Ladies are making fun of us, we are educated and have class and pride.

Yea...Very good Lucy. Nice to see you again. Where ya been? Getting close now....76 days to go to Bacolod!

Steve & Merlita
 lucilou
Msg: 1051
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 6:26:47 PM
Sarika!! you look like my first cousin in Canada, forgot her last name now since she got married, her name is Ching from Imus Cavite. And indeed you are thin, unlike you know who lol. Asian women mostly are not obese, that's why caucasian men prefers asian women lol
 bucsgirl
Msg: 1052
Posted: 6/25/2007 7:03:17 PM
"To all ladies who dont like Asian women, why are you all so mean!! " I just happened to pop into this thread and read this. Lucilou, sarika I was just angered to read that. I hate seeing women being catty and nasty. I have lots of women friends, and they are all top shelf, loving wonderful ladies.

Please don't let it bother you, there are some of our gender that we don't feel that proud of.
EDIT: Oh and cuddles, you're so right, hon I couldn't agree more!!
 Seavoyage
Msg: 1053
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 7:18:09 PM
Some North American women will date Korean men, but many refuse to do so while the North American guys will date the Korean women. The logic behind not dating the Korean men is that Korea has too much of a drinking culture (soju), the men have a lot more important in society than the women (That has changed significantly, but still work needs to be done). I have met girls who date the Korean men, but more of the Western men say the Asian men don't attract them while the guys don't say the same about the women....
 bucsgirl
Msg: 1055
Posted: 6/25/2007 7:47:12 PM
"I'm trying not to bother me,but,sometimes,there are things that it's hard to avoid,not to respond to " I understand, that's just human nature. But that's what they want, some things and people are best ignored.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 1058
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 9:33:41 PM
I disagree about what you said about WASP women. I think Nicole Kidman is very beautiful and so is Gwenyth Paltrow. I don't think the men go for Asian women simply, because they are exotic. White men are sometimes dating Asian not because they necessarily look better. That isn't necessarily true.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 1063
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 3:14:15 AM
I disagree with you there. I am working in South Korea. Loads of Korean girls are going out with white men who are teaching English, and these girls are not poor girls in most cases. They are middle class Koreans. I think you are thinking of some of the nice women from the Phillipines. Yes, many of them and many of the girls in Thailand are quite poor, but some of the girls from Thailand are also professionals in their own country. I disagree that girls going out with white men in Japan and Korea are low class. I know first hand that it's not true. Many of the Korean women I knew were professionals with degrees...
 lucilou
Msg: 1070
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2007 3:50:14 AM
Nursetbone??? You are wrong on that concept, we dont take physical abuse, we kicked back , maybe you think about that because we are small in nature and you are big, so you could kicked anyone. We are not co-dependent, we stand on our 2 feet, because we know how to work and make money, we are not lazy in nature.
 smsweendoggy
Msg: 1071
Posted: 6/27/2007 3:58:15 AM
Its because they know how to please their man , in and out of the bedroom,lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >