Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JordanMardan
Msg: 1339
view profile
History
Why Do I See More Caucasian Men Dating Asian Women?Page 37 of 80    (23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63)
~Address the topic/post and not other posters or the content of their profiles . ~ YaYa ~
 JordanMardan
Msg: 1340
view profile
History
Why Do I See More Caucasian Men Dating Asian Women?
Posted: 8/16/2007 12:14:15 PM
homeby10: There is another, perhaps more important question that begs to be answered - Why do Asian women choose to date Caucasian men?

Jordan: It's NOT more important, but because it is the opposite of the initial question...it is a good question to ask.

Although I have posted several messages in reply, another aspect that I may NOT have touched upon earlier is the fact that "Asian groups like the Japanese have a very low opinion of groups that are dark skinned.

Two, many Asian women carry parasols to shield their skin from being tanned by the sun.
Three, in America...since whites dominate the environment socially, economically, and politically, immigrants KNOW that the fastest way to being accepted by **those in power** (whites) is to avoid relationships as well as not to support casues favored by Blacks.

Hence, it comes down to cultural and political forces that coerce immigrants' choices....not biology.
Does this also occur in non-European or white dominated societies?

Well, I know that when one of my uncles served in the army in Vietnam, he dated a Vietnamese woman. Two, another uncle adopted 2 children of Vietnamese and Africa descent.

As we've seen in a number of stories on 60 Minutes, Primetime, and other newsmagazines, children fathered by American soldiers (whether Black or white) are looked down upon in Asian countries.
That stands in direct contradiction of "Asian women preferring Caucasian men."

How could you prefer white men, but look down on the products of white men and Asian women?! But to be fair, that condescension usually occurs in Asian countries, not here in America.

Going back to "who controls the economy," does anyone know "how Asian women act in countries on the continent of Africa, since there are a lot of Asian immigrants living there as well?!

homeby10: Another question is do the women we are speaking of here include only those whose immediate origin include the Asian countries, or is it any woman of Asian descent who happens to come from ANY country, including the USA?

Jordan: Similar to homeby10's question above, I would like to know if there's a difference in preferences held by light- and dark-skinned Asian women, such as the Laotians, Cambodians, etc.?

Do these darker Asian women like their lighter-skinned counterparts still prefer Caucasian men?

Who do the oppressed dark-skinned group in Japan date and marry?

Jordan Mardan
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 1343
More Caucasian Men "Dating" Asian Women? (Olongapo)
Posted: 8/16/2007 4:44:45 PM
ahhh, memories of Olongapo City, the city of prostitution basically there to service the "needs" of sailors and Marines from the US Navy Base at Subic Bay, Phillipines:

http://www.petitiononline.com/olong/petition.html

http://www.greenleft.org.au/1993/111/5627
 JordanMardan
Msg: 1344
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2007 8:34:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage
 steve326a
Msg: 1348
Posted: 8/19/2007 4:46:50 PM
Arieann Wrote:

What ever happened to good manners???

You right, My remark was rude and not in good manners. I am sorry to every one for what I said.

Your apology is accepted.

Steve & Myrlita
 lucilou
Msg: 1350
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2007 3:20:32 PM
Kapaul!!!
What you saying is an old saying, now a days asian women have proved themselves to be competitive with male when it comes to high paying job. You are saying we are not so intelligent and independent, thats not true either, Most asian women are educated , I know !!! not all only some ok? They work hard to get to the top, striving to be a successful career woman. Anyway I thought I'd say something about this issue. We are not submissive nor stereotype women, we are like some caucasian women who are normal but different in culture, and if those caucasian men prefers our culture, we didnt ask for it. Love conquers all regardless of ethnicity. So!!! let stop attacking each other, caucasian men please dont downgrades caucasian women , because the more you do the more caucasian women attacks Asian women , downgrading and even attack the human body part which is sickening.
 steve326a
Msg: 1351
Posted: 8/21/2007 8:51:02 PM
Hi Lucilu,
Right on target as usual. As I said before, Age and race DO NOT MATTER! The man and woman either love each other or they don't. Simple as that. I remind you all that I didn't set out to fall in love with an asian (Filipina), but it happened to me and neither her nor I saw it coming. It just hit us both at the same time like a ton of bricks. You never know when love will find you until it knocks on your door. I leave for Bacolod in 20 1/2 days. All is set to go, no turning back now. I'm not looking forward to a 23 hour plane ride but the beautiful soul on the other side waiting for me makes it all worth it.

God Bless,
Steve & Myrlita
 JordanMardan
Msg: 1352
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2007 8:35:35 AM
staticks: Are women just underexposed to Asian faces, either in positive/sexual media depictions or lack of diversity while growing up, and thus aren't socialized to be attracted to them? OR, are Asians just that plain fugly?"

Jordan: When you wrote "are women underexposed...", I assume you mean any woman other than Asian women, right?! Or just white women?

Anyway, your last question gets at the HIDDEN role of culture in an individual's preferences.
People often believe that "their choice is their own."
But it isn't.

Good comments,

Jordan mardan
 steve326a
Msg: 1358
Posted: 8/23/2007 5:10:53 AM
Theskateguy wrote:
That is because it is easier for a taller Man, to see if the bus is commin.

To get on the bus or get hit by the bus?

Steve & Myrlita
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 1359
Posted: 8/23/2007 7:49:19 AM
IMO this is all crap to say one race is 'better than anoteher

the thinking of Germany 1933-1945

('master race' shite..)

the thinking of Japan 1932-1945

(believed they were the 'master race' then, killed plenty of other Asians)

etc., etc.
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 1361
Posted: 8/23/2007 3:39:55 PM
'Asian' women are no better or no worse than 'caucasian' or 'black' women.

god why must we STILL categorize by artificial constructs like "race" ?

once again: we are all in the HUMAN RACE
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 1367
Posted: 8/24/2007 11:59:12 AM

First off, let me say that humans are NOT a race. We are a species comprised of various races. There are certain differences, physical and mental. People go looking for certain things in a prospective partner, but in the end that is a compromise. Asian females are big on family and security. Sex is not on the top of the list. Black women tend to have hot tempers (I know) and big butts

uhhh..I think you may be confusing 'race' with 'culture'.

these things are not bred in the DNA, but are the rsult of the environment in which one is raised, and normative cutural influences.

ethnically "asian" women raised in the US , esp. 3rd or 4th generation, are as "American" as any 'white' woman raised in the USA maybe more so if the white woman was an immigrant or 2nd-generation..

etc., etc... raise a black person in Germany and see how "german" they come across..
 mysteryocean
Msg: 1368
Posted: 8/24/2007 7:23:25 PM
i think people are not looking the fundamental thing. if you notice this tread its exist more in north america, european are caucasian but they dont go after asian women, nothing wrong with it, inter racial relationships are good

the basic problem is being an alphamale. men like women who make them feel like a man. american women are more confident and challanging in each and every aspect of life. in this case a guy need to be a real alpha male to keep these women attracted. the moment they become clingy, american women will dump them.

asian women give them feeling of security. they can be clingy, needy and yet feel like a man. theres no challanges from asian women so better security.
 georginne
Msg: 1370
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2007 5:34:28 AM
So yes all Asian women want GQ blond types.

Who said so???? This is such a false statement.
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 1371
Posted: 8/26/2007 11:46:25 AM
@hungry lion:

MeI am fit, active, honest, confident, humorous and down to earth.

I have rarely come across a more ignorant sod than you....

thanks for showing the 'real you'..not the 'easygoing' ,'down-to-earth' person you claim to be.

"sod"..LOL :) let's be a little more pretentious and quasi-British, perhaps? :)

what of an ethnically "Korean" woman raised in the Phillipines? or vice versa? what would they be? according to you they would retain a personality and character distinctly of their 'ethnicity' and not absorb any of the culture they were raised in?

it's not my fault you can't get a caucasian woman, so have to buy your partnership overseas :)
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 1372
Posted: 8/26/2007 11:51:32 AM
^^

divorced..surprise, surprise..
 steve326a
Msg: 1373
Posted: 8/26/2007 1:31:38 PM
Georginne Wrote:
So yes all Asian women want GQ blond types.

Who said so???? This is such a false statement.

Yes it is. If that was indeed true, my Myrlita would have dumped me the 1st day she saw me.

Steve & Myrlita
PS: 16 Days to Bacolod
 lucilou
Msg: 1382
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 7:32:06 PM
Wow!!! this forums still going on? I am asian, BUT I am not flat chested , flat nose , no butt, uneducated , short fat and ugly as some caucasian women calls us asian women. It's ok if caucasian women dont like us. God help them.
 MDNinja
Msg: 1386
Posted: 9/2/2007 2:35:47 AM
I hung out with an asian woman all weekend simply because she was really cool. Do I really need another reason?

The reason that those white guys date asian women, is because they find them attractive. It's as simple as that.

You can't try to put a specific conclusion to a generalization. It is likely MANY reasons, that more white men are dating Asian women, exist. Someone should take a survey and find out because I am so sick of the shit on this thread.

More importantly, who cares? People that even make this an issue on either side of the coin, seriously need to check their calender and look at the date because segregation should've been put behind us a long time ago.
 lucilou
Msg: 1394
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2007 6:48:10 PM
Wishinubmine? Is the word accept and except means the same? Well I am a dumb foreigner but I think it means different. Some one asking you something if you married asian and have a son , how would you view your son, if society dont except??? or accept due to his background? Too bad but my 2 children married caucasian women, they didnt have problem joining the caucasian men and women. I brought my grandson to work and all my co-worker mostly caucasian love to see my grandson who is caucasian and white mixed marriage, They didnt have problem or even asking about the ethnicity. Well I am outa here!!! Seems that there are only a few who are really racist here.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >