Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 257
view profile
History
I've never had any problems dating white women Page 5 of 80    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Another example: The adoption of Asian children. It's statistically proven that the number of Asian female children that are adopted exceed the number of Asian male children. One probable reason of course is the "China Doll Syndrome". I've actually seen a website from a couple who displayed a picture of about 7 children they adopted from Hong Kong. Each one was a girl, and their caption read "Our Little China Dolls". By all appearance it would seem similar to picking the cutest puppies at a pet shop. However, I think another likely reason for this is that American couples have a realization that an Asian male will face more hardship in the U.S. than an Asian female. And this of course resounds around the issue of negative media stereo-types. So consequently young Asian males are passed up, and miss the opportunity to live in the U.S.

I think this has more to do with China's "one child per family" policy. Since couples are not allowed by law to have more than one child, if the first born is a girl, it is frequently given up for adoption or sold. Boys have higher value because they are expected to take care of the parents in their old age and to continue the family name. Thus, there are many more girls available for adoption than boys.
 JohnnyPopper
Msg: 258
Why Do I See More Caucasian Men Dating Asian Women?
Posted: 7/31/2006 5:38:29 PM
Posted By: JAMISON on 7/3/2005 7:24:40 PM Because the black guys are taking all the white women
LMBO, Ya mean ALL the fugly obese white women that some white guys would pass up..! Glad them types ain't on POF tho...
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2006 1:47:35 PM
You can't really generalize Asian women like that. There are plenty of Asian women who are just as curvy as Caucasion women.
 lucilou
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2006 3:31:49 AM
Jay?? are you frustrated because asian women prefers white guys? than asian men? I am not talking about myself, talking about other asian women.
 MDNinja
Msg: 267
Posted: 8/8/2006 1:39:40 PM
"i preferably don't like to see black men dating white women"

"i don't really care who dates who i just have my preferences"

Isn't that kind of contradicting????
 lucilou
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Biggest loser eh. This is of course coming from a guy who is single pushing 40
Posted: 8/8/2006 5:22:08 PM
Exxess,
I dont have anything against on any race, my children was born here in the States and really getting along with hispanic, black and white guys and women. I dont think these guys are putting us Asian down. We are all professional and for those white guys that prefers asian women its ok, I am happy about it. And to those who dont get attracted to Asian women its ok too. I dont think we owe to fight about this forums. Lets have truce and be friends, in fact all of us whatever race we are prefers women and men differently. All my son's lady friends like them and they have a lot of white women friends, so i dont think i would think about what you were insinuating about my children be treated differently. I admit I would like my sons to marry asian women , maybe because of the culture but i cant run thier life and both of them married to white woman. I date any race as long as i like them and treat me well. I havent met any men of different race that ever put me down, that is including asian men. Hope you all guys forgive and forget whatever you all thought that this subject created any misunderstanding. lucilou
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2006 11:32:12 PM

And for us asians for some strange reason, North American Asians have some kind of blanket admiration for white society, which I can not for the life of me understand.

This is easy. Caucasians are the majority by a large margin, most of the large companies are run by Caucasians, most of the popular entertainers are Caucasians, most of the politicians are Caucasians. Practically everything you read or watch in the media extoll the success of the Caucasian. Pretty much the only time you read or hear about a minority is when a crime has been committed (ok, I might exaggerating here).

But this is slowly changing. In states like California, Asians are getting more involved in politics. Still don't see too many Asians in the media/entertainment industry, and except for journalism, most Asians have gravitated towards medical, education, science and technology, and other less high-profile careers. There's probably not much we can do to help our generation, but I do think it's going to get better for the future generations.
 NiTERi
Msg: 271
Posted: 8/9/2006 1:42:12 AM
The more important issue is not wether Asian guys are "scoring" with white women, but rather that they be empowered to make choices for themselves to prosper and in control of their own destinies in this society. Of course there are white women who are not attracted to asian men, just as there are asian men to whom white women are too loud, too promiscuous, and too strange looking. So what's the big fuss? But please, there are better things for asian guys to thing about, like going to Ivy leage school and a 7 figure salary ~.

Here is a tip for you angry white guys, especially the guy above me without a real picture. If you want to get the attention from an asian female, then don't insult asian men. And why do so many white guys here think they're so valuable to asian females? It might be hard to believe, but not all asian females are arrogant enough to think white males as being superior to men of other races.
 onlyoneworthy
Msg: 279
Posted: 8/9/2006 10:16:36 AM
God strived for perfection when she created women and didn't achieve it until she created Asians, that's why. Really kind of simple. Seems like a rhetorical question to me.
 HerpesSactoCal
Msg: 286
Posted: 8/9/2006 7:10:17 PM
Because that is what you are looking to see. Why waste your life energy on racist ponderings about others' personal (& private) relationships, rather than tending to your own business ?
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Biggest loser eh. This is of course coming from a guy who is single pushing 40
Posted: 8/10/2006 11:04:35 AM
You make some valid points. Another reason (and it's probably been mentioned before) Asian women date Caucasion guys is because Asian guys are too timid to ask them out. I admit I've lost opportunities because of that.
 lucilou
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 8:26:27 PM
Oh!!! John, I dont have flat ass, just kidding, its ok if you prefer latina, we all do have our own preference and one should not condemn one for sharing what they like on a woman lol. to each its own guys.
 onlyoneworthy
Msg: 298
Posted: 8/14/2006 8:18:29 PM
I feel like clarifying an earlier statement I made about God and the creation of Asian women.

It's not like I'm young. I've dated a lot women over the course of my life and the pursuit of finding the right person. I've dated women of every ethnicity and from a lot of different parts of the world. If you've done a lot of dating this is the common outcome of a long, repetitive process; it's not a mark of promiscuouity.

I can say that as a white male with a lot of dating experience that somewhere along the line I developed a clear preference for Asians. I know that some of it is because of their physical attraction. Asian women tend to have "baby" faces; that is to say, they usually possess as adults the same facial qualities that attract us to babies. Babies are genetically programmed to be "cute", so we will be attracted to them and want to protect them. This same dynamic applies when I look at an Asian girl.

Asian women usually come from families or societies or environments where they have been given the motivation to properly educate themselves and tend to be quite intelligent. I realize this is a stereotype but it is a stereotype with a valid reason for existing. While it certainly isn't universally true, when I meet or speak to an Asian girl I can have a reasonable expectation that she's halfway intelligent.

Asian women, on an average, smell better and feel better in my arms or against my body than any other average ethnic type. Don't ask me why. That's just the way it is and it's an answer to the question asked. I'm not saying that I don't find women of other races appealing to my senses, I certainly do. I think that this expectation may come from the fact that I was never with an Asian that I didn't find myself pleased and rewarded.

These are things that just make Asian women more attractive to me. If I'm like other men and they think like that, then it explains why you see what you see. All women are the same, and real attraction is built on a lot more than first impressions and stereotypes, but there are valid reasons why we might be quicker to allow an Asian girl into our lives than someone of another ethnicity.

All of this of course is speaking strictly from a personal perspective.
 sexyangeldoll77
Msg: 302
Posted: 8/16/2006 8:28:31 PM
I have to put my 2cents in on this topic. What does it matter if people are attracted to what they like, whether they are white, asian, black, yellow, red, blue, old, young, or from outerspace... the fact is we as people are so so judgemental. If things don't come out the way we want the next best thing is to judge people for who they are and what they like. Love has no limits no color. We are all human. And to fully live life without prejudice you are going to have to try new things in life and find what is best for you.
 sexyangeldoll77
Msg: 304
Posted: 8/17/2006 12:45:05 AM
OK,,, now I have to be real...most white guy date asian women because they think we are vulnerable, but actually we are not. It is called survival. Yes, many of the new comers (fresh of the boat) come here in search of a new life which americans make it seem to be all about money, so why not, If a guy is willing to financially support us, by all means, thats what americans are all about what you have materialisticlly then emotionally. The truth hurts, but its reality.

Sorry people, asian people are smarter than you think.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >