Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Single Mothers W/ Children: Do you do anything to compensate for the      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 192
Single Mothers W/ Children: Do you do anything to compensate for the extra work of dating you ?Page 17 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
It's blatantly obvious when people decide to read the very first post by the OP and throw their .02 in without reading any other posts even though there's already pages and pages of .02.

This thread is worth at least 6 bucks by now.
 Smash it...
Msg: 193
Single Mothers W/ Children: Do you do anything to compensate for the extra work of dating you ?
Posted: 6/19/2009 6:29:13 AM
Well Mike,
I appreciate your honesty in believing that dating a single mother is "a lot of additional work" and believe you should be compensated as such.

I will go in order to your concerns.
1) It all depends on how many times a week you are expecting to see the woman. If you are a clingy, needy man, this may not work for you, as she already has a child/children and doesn't need another in the adult form. If you have a life of your own, then keep busy when you cannot be with her. Take this opportunity to hang out with your friends or indulge in a hobby. This may be hard to adjust to in the beginning, but you will find compromise, and if you really like the woman and enjoy her company then quality not quantity is what's most important.
2) If you believe you will "probably" have less sex because she cannot stay at your house all the time, it is because she doesn't want to-not because she can't. If you are asking her to stay over on a school night then that is unreasonable. Weekends are different. If she really wants to sleep with you, she will make it happen.
3) As for dating a single mother will cost more...That is very generous that you believe this-but you shouldn't be going on dates that include the child unless its way down the line and you are serious about being a part of this woman's life. At that point, its because you want to and not because you feel you have to. Make sure she has a job and can afford these dates. The mother is responsible for the child-it's her child, but if you offer, that's on you. You are not the father-you have no obligation.
4) Again, you shouldn't be going on dates that include the child. Just you and the woman usless you are in a serious committed relationship.

A man will do anything to make a woman he loves happy. It sounds like you should stay with single women. Dating a single mother is different, but in no means warrants compensation. You may have been burned in this type of relationship, but like any bad relationship, you cannot assume they are all like that.

I hope this helps. Good Luck to you. You deserve an equal amount of respect in a relationship, and if you don't feel that, then leave.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 194
Single Mothers W/ Children: Do you do anything to compensate for the extra work of dating you ?
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:21:21 AM
PPE do you play RIFTS? If so, I think your handle is quite possibly the dorkiest one I've seen on here so far...

lol ;)
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 195
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:32:55 AM
::eye roll::

Despite my stunningly good looks and willingness to actually post a photo on a dating site, I assure you that I am not a simpleton.

Quite frankly I find your smarmy accusations to be a symptom of low self esteem and a deeply grained inferiority complex.

It's really sad, actually. Especially when one considers that I was never insulting you in any way, shape or form.... and you were echoing things I have said myself with your post; in a much more caustic manner.

Read my other posts, re-re. I'm not stupid.

If you want to knock someone's intellect, go after Lizbeth.

-Josh

PS. I am a self confident man who gets a lot of female attention. I happen to have very strong opinions about single parenthood - which you would know if you actually read these forums. The fact that you chose to directly attack ::all:: single mothers in this manner as opposed to my more subtle @ssholish approach does not speak well for your social adaptation.

Just sayin'....
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 196
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:44:08 AM

Dont be so defensive man. We all know you are a really smart and super cool chick magnet.

Ok as long as we call all agree on that, I will confine my actions to merely pouting rather than the full fledged literary slinging of poo.

The latter is more fun, though.

-Josh

PS. Yes, the reference was over my head. I was shocked because nothing has been over my head in years. I do not like feeling stupid.

Sheesh... now I know why Lizbeth is so pissed off all the time!
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 197
 tiffjean
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/19/2009 8:27:10 AM

Never heard of RIFTS.

It is a biochem reference. Probably over your head.

Porcine pancreatic elastase or another PPE?
 tiffjean
Msg: 199
Posted: 6/19/2009 8:34:06 AM
I am biologist and I am currently working in plant biotechnology, genetics, and molecular biology. Right now I am sitting in my lab killing time while my thermocycler finishes up my cDNA synthesis.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 200
Posted: 6/19/2009 8:59:12 AM
~ Other women are not looking for a good man. Your man will never compare you with another woman. He will never think about the hassles you present. He will live in the same ignorant bliss that engulfs you. ~

HA HA! What?? Hysterical!!!

All women are looking for a good man you dolt! LMAO! At least.. I hope they are.. Any woman worth her salt is anyway. LOL!!

Um. I don't really know the minds of men so I don't know if he will compare me to other woman. I don't compare the man to other men, why would he compare me to other women? Is that something men do?? I don't pretend to know the mind of man and I don't pretend to understand them.. I just hope the one I am dating at the time tells me what he is thinking, so I can understand HIM (as an individual)

I don't present hassles. I just say what time are you picking me up? And I'm ready to go. IF a relationship blossoms from dating, then we can talk more about my son and whatever needs to go along with that. I don't ever recall asking a man I was dating to do anything for my son. The few who did, did it of their own accord and I was very hesitant about the entire thing.

Yes I fully admit that I live in my own world. But it's OK.. they like me here. LOL! I can't even answer the last statement without laughing. It's ignorant bliss to be searching for a good man?? LOL! OK.. Whatever!
 NotInnocent
Msg: 201
Posted: 6/19/2009 9:15:56 AM
Can we get single mothers to agree to anything other that their sense of entitlement to a good man ?

Yes.. I will agree that I deserve a good man just like everyone else. I will also agree that if a man wants nothing to do with my child having status then he can walk on and I will think no less of him. I will also agree that just because a man thinks he is a good quality man, doesn't mean he, in fact, is. I will also agree that just because a person doesn't want to date a single parent doesn't automatically take them a bad person.

Can we get single mothers to agree they must work a little harder to get and keep a good man ?

Nope.. But I will agree the only people who utter this statement are those who have either been slighted by a single parent or those who have a huge dislike of dating single parents. I will agree that the men who utter this statement are probably the ones that fall into the not a good quality man category.

Can we get you to agree to work harder at cooking and sex ? That is really all I am asking for on this thread ?

Is that really all you are asking for? How shallow. Hear that ladies! All we have to do is cook and have sex and we can get and keep a good quality man.. DAMN if I had know it was THAT easy. (I wonder if he expects us to be barefoot while doing all this??)

Is it asking so much for better meals and more sex to compensate for the fact that you want us to be accommodating to your special/additional needs ?

Ah.. so.. the truth.. He is just bitter because his last ex had kids and wouldn't cook for him or sleep with him. Well I'm worth more than my cooking and my bedroom skills. You can just keep walking past me, I'll be much better off that way.

Definition of good quality man # 329: NOT PPEInhibitor.. ha ha.

~~~~
Lesson of the day (pay attention PPE!)

A good quality man would be more interested in getting to know a woman as a person rather than trying to get their clothes off.
~~~~

It's OK if you have to read it a few times. My ex boss said you have to repeat something 33 times before an adult will retain it. There may be some truth to that.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2009 2:05:23 PM
Ahem, Wtf2uwant, I was using sarcasm to address the falicy of your arguement. No-one said it was your problem. Or if it was a problem at all. As far as my weekends, I enjoy them well enough, when my chores are done. For example I took my father and son to a professional baseball game last Saturday. Had a great time, and saw many of my university chums too. Again the point was not everyone has weekends off from the kids. Great if you do, but I guess you were to ignorant to grasp the concept. Good Day Sir.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2009 2:34:31 PM
Tallanddark, there is another thread about the meaning of real man. I think you'd might enjoy that one.

PPEInhibitor, for someone that so intelligent, you come off as a petculant child. In the real world there are single fathers also, and guess what, they can't party either. As others have stated there will be challenges in every relationship. A mature individual will understand this, and make the reasonable compromises to make it work. I think you have a lot growing up to do.

Nothingsweetaboutme: You might have a point. However with the easy access to the internet single mothers could be posting to fourms. The falacy I see in your arguement is that it is based on the premise that all single mothers are low income earners therefore, do not have access to the internet. You of all women do not fit into that streotype. However, if you post this question I would be interested in exploring it further.

P.S. I missed you glad to see you again Nothing.
 girliegirl76
Msg: 204
Posted: 6/19/2009 3:01:28 PM
omg you sound like such a jerk, I don't have kids but i would never date someone like you on principle you are dating the woman not the children, and she would be the one to have to find childcare, etc. not to mention she probably works full time so what are you going to do to compensate the poor soul who would actually consider going out with you. I was raised by a single mom and the men she dated did not buy me things nor did she ask them too. My mom worked full time to support me and when she saw her boyfriend i was with a sitter or a family member. So if I were you, which thank god i'm not, I would just avoid single moms and maybe women altogether. Maybe you should invest in a blowup doll i hear they don't ask for any extra work
 SantaCruzinCutie
Msg: 205
Posted: 6/20/2009 1:30:03 PM
unconditional love requires no compensation on either side.. its just that. love. if you think someone needs to compensate for having kids then your not in love move on. kids or not shouldn't matter, if a man loves her enough to accept her kids uncondionally, she should let them. i don't believe that if your dating someone you should make him "daddy" to your kids. if they have fathers this is wrong in my opinion anyway and if not then wait till there's a ring on your finger... even then you might wait 3 years first.. take time, let the kids and the sig other decide what's comfortable. because if they are, you will be.
keep in mind everyone has to sacrafice certain things, but love, real love should never require compensation.. i mean, "paying" someone essentially whether it has to do with money or not, to love you.. you can have that. i want unconditional love and i want to give unconditional love. period.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 3:21:09 PM
Julie6675 sounds to me we need a UK, American exchange program. I've never been in a situation that a woman has taken care of me the well. I don't mind really. Here in the States it is often a 50/50 split on chores esp. if co-habitating. The boyfriend should have some thoughts on entertainment.

I am most certainly renew my passport. Women in the UK have a healthy perspective on dating.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 207
Posted: 6/22/2009 3:51:52 PM

....what you really need is hooker but then i assume your next questionwill be why should you have to pay for sex!

Most men DO pay for sex one way or another....

... especially married men...

...and from experience, I've done the math, it's WAY cheaper in the long run to hire a hooker than it is to have a wife....

babydoll127
Msg: 208
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 209
Posted: 6/22/2009 4:00:35 PM
hookers have cooties

Well, not all of them, and besides, with all the money a guy saves, he could get a pecker transplant....

..."Hmmmm, just give me minute to decide... I'm not sure whether it'll be a Kobe Bryant or a John Holmes."

hungry_joe
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 4:01:02 PM
So do some single women. You never know what you're getting. Nobody wants the die slow.
 babydoll127
Msg: 211
Posted: 6/22/2009 4:17:50 PM

"Hmmmm, just give me minute to decide... I'm not sure whether it'll be a Kobe Bryant or a John Holmes."

Go with John Holmes, just make sure you exclude the extra helping of HIV....

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 212
Posted: 6/22/2009 6:42:15 PM
And hey guess what is cheaper than a hooker? Your hand. LOL

Yeah, but, come ON... I only have TWO hands, they always look the same, pretty much have the same hairy knuckles and, no matter HOW much lube I use, they would just NEVER quite feel the same as a vagina....

... besides, like many women, they never LEAVE when you've finished having sex with them....

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/22/2009 6:43:59 PM
Or it could go to the treatment of STDs and burial plans

Short and sweet, or long and painful....

.... hooker, wife, hooker, wife.......

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 214
Posted: 6/22/2009 6:49:15 PM

hmmm true. well then if you still want cheaper than a wife or a hooker and more expensive than your hand you could go for the pocket p**sy from the toy store and as for the leaving part you can just throw it in the closet I am sure it won't tell you friends that it is there

Yup...

... and it won't tell all the juicy details to all its girlfriends like most women do, either....

Cheers.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 215
Posted: 6/22/2009 6:55:51 PM

LOL it is funny how men say women do it and women say men do it...I would prefer people not knowing details but that is me.

The difference is that men will NEVER talk to his buddies about the woman he's banging if he likes her.

If he talks about how good you are in the sack to his buddies, you are a booty-call and nothing more.

Women talk about their booty-calls AND their S.O.'s....

LeeRayy
Msg: 216
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:27:47 PM
Bro! What do you want for an answer? If you like someone, you put in the work. These women have already said that the boyfriend does not have to pay for their kids! Are ya 14 yrs old? What kind of compensation are you looking for? Two words to describe you " onewat" and "shallow"!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Single Mothers W/ Children: Do you do anything to compensate for the extra work of dating you ?