Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What women really want from a guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forum101
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What women really want from a guyPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Your profile is lying. you are lying. at 6'3" 240 pounds, you arent a" few extra pounds", you are obese, according to the BMI. maybe start there, and stop blaming the women.
 army3
Msg: 15
What women really want from a guy
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:43:36 AM
Look, women want a guy that cares in general. Being a few extra lbs isn't caring about one's self. Being too nice isn't getting the job done. Being too sweet can come across as overbearing. There are alot of things that a woman looks at. Another big one is having all your ducks in a row and ready to do something with them. It's not that hard to understand really. The hard part is maintaining a sweet demeanor while attempting to keep all the ducks in a row.
 JSG1962
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:55:13 AM
just so ya know yea i'm a little over weight but I am healthy and play lots of sports and I actually have an okay time getting dates. I wrote this because I have a girl FRIEND that just goes after the buff guys and just looks at what they have like what type of car if he drives a older practical car and chooses to spend his money else where he has nothing to offer. Now I'm not saying everyones the same because were not. I was just curious as to what most women really want. sorry to ruffle so many feathers.
 catman50
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:56:08 AM
SHE was going with a guy who , took her for everything she had . SHE ALMOST lost her house over it . He said everything she wanted to hear . as soon as teh money was gone so was he . next time , woman looks are just that . remember us normal guys . so we don't look like " a hot stud " have a job . BUT , look at what we can do for you . UNLESS , you want a guy who will make you cry . and bewilder you in front of your freinds .
 JSG1962
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:00:27 AM
first I'm not obese and am really healthy. your exactly what i'm talking about. You judged me based on some numbers. and screw the bmi. nowhere did I blame women i simply asked a question. Didn't your mom ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. have a nice day and good luck finding what you deserve.
 chameleonf
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:31:38 AM
What women want from a guy is as varied as the number of women there are. It's not something that can be generalized. There are women who want someone to pamper them and then there's someone like me who actually doesn't get off on that at all. There are women who like a guy who'll take the lead in a relationship and those who like to do the leading, then there are those like me who prefers no kind of "leadership" at all on either part. Looks preferances are subjective to each woman. On and on it goes with every nuance of likes and dislikes, abilities to compromise on each of those nuances and any combination of those nuances. So, to answer the question of what women really want from a guy, there is no generalized answer to such a generalized question.
 Vannili
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2009 11:00:27 AM
Msg1-- It is simply because SEX is in the package deal of a relationship, a person doesn't need to be Adonis but to have a sex appeal >> it is like food if it does not look and smell appetizing it is not enteresting to eat....
 Fifi47
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/12/2009 11:09:17 AM
I want the things from a guy that I try to offer him....

Cute/reasonably attractive to me
realistic
open minded, however does have a strong belief system for himself
half way intelligent, does not act ignorant
accepting
wants me to be the best that I can be as a person
can be serious and also silly
likes my cats
has a range of interests, at least a few are similar
enjoys intimacy, both sexual and non sexual
listens to me talk about job frustrations but also realizes that my students are a vital part of my life and as my friends say "Don't mess with her friends, family, love interest or students."
appreciates the fact that I try to take care of things, and would love to have help sometimes....a man who is a help mate without having to be asked is great.
likes my coooking
listens to me sing and might sing with me
is not scared of my feisty side, I am not angered easily and do not stay angry long.
will laugh and cry with me.
likes me in sexy lingerie
Means what he says says and says what he means.

These are not in order of importance, was just brainstorming.

Fifi
 steve217
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/12/2009 12:18:53 PM
I'm an in shape individual, yet am still on here.
Maybe it's just your attitude?
 clasact
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2009 12:38:26 PM

The following 4 things in short order:

Money
Power
Status
Looks

The end.

Thanks.........I needed a good laugh today darlin'.
 flyingstart
Msg: 24
view profile
History
well, based on the thread I just read...
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:48:32 PM
Most of the women want control on you guys. If you have lots of "trumps" you may be able to be in control....maybe. I hope you are, at least for yourself.
Whatever you do...must be part of "their" dreams...."somehow". If you are a public person waaaw...she will stand proud beside you....gulping from it.
Are you making 200 K/year? waaw then you are a cool "regular" typea guy...of course if you do the rest of the stuff as well ...laughing till you puke on anything....tell stories one after the other, interesting ones so you can keep their attention WIDE open....and they can waaawww and feel the excitement/second/second/second.

Do you guys remember the Beatles-mania? or any other "mania"? Have you seen those women faces there on the first rows ? Is that suggestive to you what they may want ?

I hope you guys can see the fake in all this stuff....
Almost all women say they want interaction right? Lots of talks and whatever beside it sugar coded if possible....right?
Well why is then so hard to interact with women at the initial stages of a potential relationship when you are trying and bleeding to interact ?
Have you guys given a taught on that? Well why in the world? Can you guys see the BS behind it NOW? Like how much you matter and where and what ?
Now go and figure of what they may want.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 25
well, based on the thread I just read...
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:56:04 PM

Most of the women want control on you guys.

Good lord... if my word manages to become law for a guy, as opposed to mere thoughts, opinions or suggestions to be pondered, I'd be instantly turned off.

Spine is HOT, y'all.

Well why is then so hard to interact with women at the initial stages of a potential relationship when you are trying and bleeding to interact ?

Stop trying to interact with shallow, cash-grubbing morons and you might have a good interaction.
 yna6
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/12/2009 6:00:01 PM
Lil Brooker...git yer OWN dang pickle jar opener. For about 12 bucks you can get one that will rip the top off even the most stubborn mason jar (or storebought one!) and takes very little muscle power. Empower yourself! BE the woman of todays society! You don't need some guy with 22 inch pythons to crack open a jar! You kin do it!
(Nice little pep talk there eh?)
I personally don't think I'd be laughing when the "other end" of that 2x4 cracks me in the skull... a few times...
Almost any "mutal sex" beats solo after awhile. no biggie there.
"hottest in the world"? Well...that can happen...probably not ALL the time....but often enough, I'm sure.
"listener, talker, validator...blah, blah, blah....jeeze woman....shut up and cook something will ya? hope it will be as good as (whatever it was) you made yesterday. Yak, yak, yak....an what IF I don't like your stand on my "barefoot and pregnant" theory on how to keep women happy? Huh? How about that huh? Can I empathize? Sure....hey....bring ya in the wood for the woodstove so's you gots more time to bake bread and such...even chop ya come kindling...now ya gotta admit, most guys wouldn't treat their wimmen folk so good.
Sanity? The best place to look for that is in your own family...you KNOW them...marry a cousin! Seems to work around there here parts!
Ok, ok....that was all tongue in cheek....but it seems some want more of a companion who supports what they do rather than actually shares their lives with each other.
 flyingstart
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2009 11:29:21 PM
Why is that shallow?

1. Money and Power 50 % = competition with other men and even women nowadays which can be fierce. Its hard to produce money and power.
2. Looks 40 % - same shallowness as men have right?
3. 10 % personality - do you think men does not want a decent women? Do you think if you are the most beautiful women in the world I would marry you ? No f-king way.
If you are stupid, that's it, end of the story, right on the spot.

All women can be beautiful but many choose to eat till addiction. I don't think men look for beautiful faces as much. They look for maintained bodies as much as possible.
But that's hard if you want everyting in life.
There is a saying back home: With the penis in your vagina and your soul in the heavens" Yeah shuooore.
 Mayonia
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/12/2009 11:49:01 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm....I'd like a great friend with whom a sexual spark exists, that can do me (or that I can do) a few times a day! My preference is tall thin guys, but I've dated beefcakes and guys with a few extra pounds and everything in between.
 forum101
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:27:00 AM
You might be right about that adventuresome57. Maybe they could measure the body fat hanging under his chin. A standard height/weight chart also is more reliable.
I believe this is another whiny thread, he cant get a date. Maybe he should read the thread "Fat women cant get a date".
 WanderingRain
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:47:34 PM
Just stop complaining and do already. You ain't gonna get what you want whining in front of your PC monitor.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:02:31 PM
Not all women go for the buff guys etc like that... Everyone has their preference on what they look for in a potential partnet, just like you do. It's unfortunate that sometimes someone your into doesn't feel the same way but all can really do is accept it and move on... there's other fishies in the sea to pick from.
 stunt groom
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:18:36 PM
Orgasms... Lots of orgasms... One right after the other..
 valenciacityx
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/10/2009 1:27:35 PM
I've had the blues, the reds and the pinks...
One things for sure

Sing it ;) I have been 3% body fat at a paltry 116 lbs and the other extreme to where I am now, guess what... didnt make a bit of f'n difference in who I was, made all the difference to who I was with and attracted. Of course then I was so focused on competing that I didnt give a girl the time of day. Maybe that is the key.
 Vannili
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 11:24:10 AM
Msg1: women don't really go for Adonis guys who have no brains no job,no nothing...
First impression is lasting, it doesn't matter if the man is old bald,fat,skinny, short,and scarface what is important is HE IS OOZING WITH SEX APPEAL,+ grooming is very important,and what you got makes you man of prestige because of that two dimes in your pocket and that decent car you are driving. I and the other women have eyes to guide us what is appetizing or not, don't get me wrong that we are going to get your 2 dime as Gold diggers, we are not looking for that 2 dime in your pocket but your personality blah or tantalizing persona.

TakeAChance0822
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/11/2009 6:13:16 PM
Women dont know what they want. If they did, we would not be guessing what they want
 forum101
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2009 4:54:17 AM
^^^^^^^Women dont know what they want. If they did, we would not be guessing what they want

Well, if a woman doesnt know, nobody knows.
 Dee4166
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:04:14 PM
I want a man who can spell...and realizes that the BRAIN is the MOST important "sex organ"...
Someone who realizes that as MUCH as we may want to, we CAN'T have sex 24/7 and WILL eventually have to TALK to each other!!!!!

Although it's good to build up your "stamina" in the bedroom too!

Hey if he cooks as well...get me to the CHAPEL!!!!

See, I'm not high maintenance...my needs and wants are pretty simple!!!
 startle
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:04:53 PM
you need to make your self into the complete package if you want to snag a 10...and i know you do...that means you have to look good, make good money and have a good personality...so work on that for a while and you will be too busy to sit and whine about why...blah blah blah...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What women really want from a guy