Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 127
The Teflon Man....Page 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
When a kid gets to be school-age, there is NO REASON for any parent to stay home or refuse to work full-time.

There can be plenty of reasons for which any parent would want to stay home (or work from home) or would rather work part time than full time...

YOU get this evening's Teflon Deflector Shield Award......

Pay attention, man.

hungry_joe
Msg: 128
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/20/2009 7:42:40 PM
Ironic I left another thread where ladyGodiva stated how foolish ConciousSoul was. Did with great detail too. Man, if I keep reading these threads I will be able to apply for a job in the Canidian welfare system......

Future Shock there should have been a coma between married and or financial secure. I understand your agruement. Well at least I think I do. lol.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 129
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/20/2009 7:44:13 PM
I agree Capitano.
 heterotic
Msg: 130
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/20/2009 7:47:10 PM

Ok and about this whole milk debate, next time you're in a store pick up a can of Enfamil, it states on the can that it can never replicate mothers milk. And it cant. Visit their website. Call one of their nutritionists. Talk to your pediatrician rather than random sites on the web to actually educate yourself on the subject.

Saying it's not a necessity is hardly the same as saying that formula is an exact replica.

I couldn't breastfeed my child, the milk I produced was too dense. Does that mean my child should starve to death? Even in times when there was no formula they had nurse maids. Babies got fed, even if the mother couldn't be the one to do it.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 131
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:06:37 PM
Vote no Confidence, and get yourself a more reasoniable government.

I guess I dislike a the Entitlement attitude. That I deserve to have this or that, no one deserves anything. Each person has the right to try and make the best life he or she can to their ablity. Lizbeth IMO is not doing that, therefore, wasting her God given freedom that she enjoys.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 132
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:22:28 PM
dumbfounded by itsallinthesoul.
 babydoll127
Msg: 133
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/20/2009 11:05:00 PM
sheesh, I should live in Canada so I can gets me some welfare! I got "dumped" by my ex when my baby was 7 months old and HAD to go back to work as well as continue school I was already enrolled in.. Welfare here in the states doesnt allow you to work and collect moolah. Once you make over 500/month you dont qualify for TANF.

So yea, my poor baby HAD to go to daycare and I HAD to work. He got ear infection after ear infection as well as the cough/cold and flu regularly. Ah good ol daycare right?? I WISH I could of had it like I used to when my ex was around. I WISH I could of stayed home and nurtured, breastfed, and guided him while taking night classes 2 times a week. BUT YOU DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO and fortunately he's a very smart little 3 year old who is well adjusted and has impeccable social skills.. Not that I'm bragging or anything......
 hungry_joe
Msg: 134
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/21/2009 8:36:07 AM
Some of us, that speak of Lizbeth are not attacking the person, just her views and ideas. Which are fair game. My views and ideas are fair game to be critized also. As for Lizbeth as a person, I don't know her to like or dislike her. I may disagree with her opinions, and she mine but that debate is about. Nothing personal.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 135
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/21/2009 2:39:56 PM

I wasn't going to start naming names and pointing out to those that are deflecting and/or attacking her (calling her crazy, man-hater, etc....), I figure people should be able to figure out for themselves based on their own behaviour but alas, I realize those that can't....well.....they are entitled to be rude and offensive to bait someone into defending themselves...........

It's ok if you name me. I really don't mind or care.

Respect is earned, not granted. When lizzie comes here and starts posting in a way the deserves respect, I'll be the first to feel respect for her and I'll happily say as much....

... until then, she will get the same respect she shows to men, which is damned close to zero.

Happy Fathers Day!

Tealwood
Msg: 136
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:35:23 PM

Is this thread offensive to men? I can see that it would be offensive to men because

A) It was started by a women to address something that bothered her about some men.
and
B) It started off by labelling some men irresponsible for their actions. Obviously if someone agrees that a man is not responsible for creating a child with a woman, they would feel that labelling a man that is like them "the teflon man" is insulting.

It was also started by a poster a woman who has regularly been critical of men and NEVER critical of woman in situations that are perhaps not difficult to determine. I am sure more than a few posters remember her total or complete inability to accept that some woman practise...or i have always suggested custodial parents practise emotional damage on their children which is labeled and accepted as PAS. No matter what was posted...she diminishes as bogus science or simple rhetoric brought about by mens groups. For Lizzie ist was always men who need to change or get along better with the poor custodial mother.

So the stripe or odour of the poster is perhaps well understood by more than a few of the posters.

But when one stands up and suggests that the teflon man who ignores the or avoids the responsibility of their actions.....and we read about working part time...using the social welfare system to support that choice...

Liz suggests being accountable
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/8800325datingPostpage3.aspx

man gets pregnant in a situation where there is some type of relationship with the father...whether it was planned or not...he IS obligated to step up to the plate...choices....we all have them...and at some point everyone needs to accountable for the ones we make.....

And I think others suggest she is also required to step up to the plate rather than relying on the government social safety net?

semantics...apples and oranges....chickens, eggs, or benjamins...same thing right?...a form of currency? ...the only reason todays law enforces responsibility by the way of currency, is because some people don't understand how the choices they make sometimes come with consequences and obligations....no matter what the intention was.
*I will say...that I don't think a sperm donor should be held finacially responsible....but who donates sperm and leaves a forwarding address?.....duh?!

But perhaps if we look for long enough we may find a post where she suggest woman also are required to be finacially responsible and work for what they require? Obligations and responsibilities does not include working part time when it one is paying child support but Lizzie suggest it is fine when she is receiving it?

She also wrote

occurred to anyone who supports the OP's opinion that without child support laws, you can count on the finacial burden to the taxpayors multiplying 100,000 times more what it is now.
History has proven the "honour" system of NCP taking responsibility for paying child support to raise children after there is a split hasn't worked.
Perhaps that is why the government created laws that enforced parents to take finacial responsibility for the children they helped bring into this world?..crazy thought..I know..

So here we have a great post about why cs laws are required to insure the ncp is finacial responsible.....and she then goes on to suggest the government created laws that enforced parents be finacial responsible for the children they helped bring into this world............

...and crazy thought...when i suggest that same sentiment be used on both the custodial parent and the non custodial parent.....

And we go back to the Census report of custodial fathers working full time to custodial mothers working full time...

Responsible parents and less than responsible parents...or should I say part-time responsible parents?

And now she has a 4yr old.....and she no doubt will still work part time..citing "best interest of the child" yet!!!!

recommends Ontario blend kindergarten, daycare
Tim Shufelt, Canwest News Service
Published: Monday, June 15, 2009

OTTAWA -- Ontario is moving one step closer to full-day kindergarten after a much-anticipated report recommended sweeping multibillion-dollar changes to daycare and early education in the province.

Under the proposed framework, parents of four- and five-year-olds would have the option of enrolling their children in full-day programs that blend learning and daycare.

"Advocates have long recognized that ‘good child care educates' and ‘good education cares.' It's time to erase the divide," said the report, authored by Charles Pascal, an expert in early childhood learning and a former deputy minister of education.

Mr. Pascal was commissioned by Premier Dalton McGuinty in 2007 to advise on how best to offer full-day learning to roughly 227,000 children in the province. Mr. McGuinty first promised the program in the 2003 provincial election.

While parents have long complained about the lack of daycare options in Ontario, and Canada has long been recognized for spending relatively little on early childhood education, full-day kindergarten has become a heated issue in recent years.

Critics say a full day in school is too much for young children and sets the stage for putting pupils under too much pressure in the early years.

According to research included in the report, however, full-day preschool better prepares children for the rigours of grade school.

"Children attending full-day programs had better academic performance and social success as they entered Grade 1 than children who attended half-day programs," Mr. Pascal wrote.

Now we do have Concioussoul who has given a dissenting view on being financial responsible versus acceptable use of welfare.... But the report was written Concioussoul by a Dr. Pascal....as opposed to a BA and additional studies in "Lifespan growth" which may be for your masters?

Couldnt agree more on this, Lizbeth.
Children need a dedicated, loving primary care giver, and as far as I am concerned, I applaud your initiative and your choice and the courage it takes to decide to work less and make the ends meet using all tools you can find at your disposition so that your children can have a loving mother most of the time around them

I am sure the readers will gather how important these research findings are, and why I am insisting on these forums that a single mother should rather be with their kids and be on welfare than work and not be with them.

So a BA suggest this is good and Dr. Charles Pascal suggest full time preschool is a benefit. I think i might lean a little more to the Doctorate as having a little more " professional efficiency"

an... you certainly seem to dislike men.

I only dislike macho, entitled, caveman :-) I find it very sad that the acts of a few of these men destroys the reputation of all of the male gender as respectful human beings willing to sit down and communicate and be empathic and compassionate like any human being. The neanderthal man is way past.

And for someone who has never had kids, you sure seem to think you know alot about it.
That's what happen when you study it in a university program to become professionally efficient in a given field.

Now Conscious soul I would not being calling you names or questioning you manliness.
After all you came out swinging with sarcasm and hostility and calling into question their integrity or evolutionary status. The cave man arguments was interesting. But one perhaps only needs to understand or look at your place of study to understand perhaps your female orientated philosophy that is part of the Concordia culture. I might suggest that Conscious soul is another poster who frequently is quick to blame or find fault on the part of men and never uses the same tone or philosophy when looking at men. But I know the orientation well as most of the family or extended family is from the academic field....but they went to McGill..something i was unable to do as I did not have the high grade average required....something like 89% today I believe......but there are other universities that one can get into...ones not so selective...like Concordia?
 hungry_joe
Msg: 137
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/21/2009 6:57:30 PM
You know, something that has bothered me about Lizbeth throughout. No I am not talking about the welfare thing. Well leave that alone for awhile. I went to look at her profile, and it says nothing about her. I mean it is obvious, to me that she is passionate about her beleifs. I am surprised that she doesn't put that out there so she can meet some great men. In my opinion I think she is disappointed that the man she cared about and thought she'd have a future with turned into a chicken (by her account). I mean she is 37. She is an attractive woman, but, I think, (and I could be wrong) that she thought this was her only chance of having a child and family all of us dream of. Really sad if you think of it that way. Pity of it is that I don't think that is the case. I mean she's attractive, and passionate. I don't agree with her, or her choices but, that doesn't make the pervious statement false. If I had one bit of advice for Lizbeth, count your blessings and be positive. I am sure that your best days are still in front of you. Be proud of who you are.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 139
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/22/2009 5:02:14 AM
"You guys may not like my delivery....but I am only responding to the package of garbage I see men try to tie a pretty pink bow on throughout these forums...I hope you all had a Happy Father's Day....I spent the day trying to explain to MY daughter where and why her Father dosen't come to see her....So if all of you (insert profanity here) want your tax dollars back....go talk to the arsehoole who is deflecting his concience and moral and finacial responsibilities of taking care of his own flesh and blood"

Bitter are you. "I spent the day trying to explain to MY daughter where and why her Father dosen't come to see her" and from your posts I am sure you did it with out alination of the father lol.

"moral and finacial responsibilities of taking care of his own flesh and blood" How about your "responsibilities" not the tax payers, the child is your flesh and blood also, but it is not the tax payers. Teflon women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It all ways the mans fault to teflon women, but the fact is single dads don't use the government hand out nearly as much as do single mothers and by pulling there own weight they pass these life leasons on to their children. Why children out of homes that never use the government help tend to do better in life. You should give it a try, if you really want the best for your child.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 140
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/22/2009 6:20:03 AM
"Once someone comes under attack in these forums, it becomes almost a sport to see who can be the next person to insult/belittle/judge "

Look at the Subject line of this thread "The Teflon Man". This thread started as an attack on men. Then to come back with the women are getting attacked bit is just so typical. I am sure seeing the truth behind a thread subject "The Teflon Man" can not be that hard, but it seems to be for some or at least the few with blinders on. "I double dog dare you" no, not asking for a fight at all are we lol. Please
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 141
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:25:34 AM
I've said it before and I said it again. Lizbeth's photo is probably not her.

Her x probably left her because she's ugly and a b*tch. People with the mentality to not take responsibility for their own lives or actions usually don't take care of their bodies on top of that.

Shoot - I would have left her too. Yeah that child would be part mine.. but it's part HER'S too.

If you put a small piece of dog poop in a really awesome fruit salad, stirred it up really well, and put it on a plate, would you eat it? I mean, it's only a small piece. No? Didn't think so.

Which is exactly why I would have left her and that nasty kid.

Wacka wacka wacka!

Now THAT's offensive, folks. Take notes.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 142
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:40:36 AM

The reality and point of my OP was, I don't think it would matter to the mob mentality what the circumstances or intentions of any woman in my position might have....or quite frankly, listen to the challenges or opinions alot of women face.....

Then why didn't you STATE it like this ^^^^^^^^^^^, rather than like this VVVV ?

The Teflon Man....Is it me or are men finding new ways to become victims by deflecting (kinda like a teflon pan) and ignoring the consequences for their action in helping to create a child?
I see alot more threads on this site that are catered to boosting the male ego and excusing men of "sliding" out of their responsibilities and the consequences of their choices, than I do from women who are weighed down by the 50 year old stigma of being opportunistic lazy biatches..

I'm pretty sure I'd have responded in a much more Warm and Fuzzy way....

You can't make an OP consistent with many of your other bitter, inflammatory rants from other threads, then backpedal and deflect responsibility for the tone of the original post simply by coming back a few hundred messages later to say you meant something different.

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 143
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:47:55 AM

Many of my male neighbours came over and asked me if I needed some help, which was nice but when I said no, they told me to make sure I didn't cut off my fingers. Would they have said any of that if I was a man doing the same thing? I don't find it anything but offensive to me.

Yes, they'd have said the same thing to a man. I know a carpenter who cut most of one hand off while not paying attention while using a cutoff saw. He was a journeyman carpenter when he did that. I saw my Grade 8 shop teacher almost cut right through his thumb while giving us a demonstration on the table saw.

When I'm working on shit, I'd rather SAND and inch of thickness off a board rather than use a power saw....

hungry_joe
Msg: 144
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/22/2009 3:15:40 PM
So where is he? Why doesn't he care about his daughter?

Have you no boundaries at all Futureshock? Shameful ....

Just what exactly is wrong with this question? Why the non-custodial parent isn't around any longer is one of the most frequently discussed topics here, so I don't understand why you are objecting to this question.

Because it came across tasteless in the way you worded it. Noone here besides Lizbeth, knows if the father cares about his child(ren). It would have been better if you just simply asked what is the circumstance that prevents the father from visiting. I dobut I will be here much tonight. I caught the kids stomach virus. One is better, the other well is like me, miserable.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 145
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:25:15 PM
www.thomas.loc.gov. You'll see all bill there. O BTW President Obama signed a executive order easing the restrictions on Ferderal Funding of Abortion. www.whitehouse.gov

Oh btw I don't want to get into abortion. I have an opinion on it. It isn't going to change. And I believe everyone else here is about the same.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 146
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/23/2009 3:13:00 PM
Had Campbells' chicken soup. I just wasn't feeling up to making the homemade kind myself. I feel much better today. Thanks for all the well wishes.
 babydoll127
Msg: 147
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:28:46 PM

California state law bans late abortions for any reason (unless this has recently changed), so I do not know where these women are going to have all of these 24 week abortions.

I live in Washington state actually (not California). I'm in the medical field and unfortunately I do see a lot of what I described earlier. The CDC tracks abortions and I've provided some statistics in regards to the amount by gestational age for Washington state. The number in parentheses is the national number of abortions performed annually.

Total abortions – 24,735 (1,212,015)
Under 9 wks- 15,259 = 61.7% (747,691)
9-12 – 6,468 = 26.1% (316,932)
13-15 – 1,388 = 5.6% (68,012)
16-19 – 1,011 = 4.1% (49,539)
20+ - 514 = 2.1% (25,186)
Unknown – 95 = 0.4% (4655)

http://www.doh.wa.gov/ehsphl/chs/chs-data/abortion/viewdown.htm
This info is in the second list, Table 4 (induced abortions by women's age and wks of gestation.)

As you can see, the majority of 20 wk and up abortions happen between the ages of 15-24. The number declines dramatically with age which which contradicts the scientific fact that congenital abnormalities increase with the mother’s age. In fact , in WA state only 8 late term abortions were performed to women in the age bracket of 40-44. Hmmm, make your own conclusions as to if the majority of these fetus’s are being aborted because of genetic problems? ELECTIVE abortions are allowed in WA state up until 24 wks, no questions asked....
 babydoll127
Msg: 148
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:37:06 PM
So let's add up 2nd trimester abortions performed annually in the good ol' US of A...

I dont know about you, but I find the number appalling.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 149
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/24/2009 3:14:34 PM
Please people lets take abortion to another page.
 bgrumling
Msg: 152
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/25/2009 10:22:27 AM
i see it this away. i am a father of two great kids and love them to death. and fathers should pay for thier kids. not to be crude but once the lizards slid into the pink wet hole and a kid is made, both parents are responsible for that child. a man who does not care for his children is negating his responsibility. also though he is missing out on some of the most wonderful and greatest times of his life.
 Tealwood
Msg: 153
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/25/2009 5:59:06 PM

The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/25/2009 302 PM

I've said it before and I said it again. Lizbeth's photo is probably not her.
~8soldierfalcon8~

^^^^seems to me as if someone is a tattletale....got my other profile pic deleted???.....good thing I went for the package of portraits eh soldier?..

I made my point, and some soldier even made it for me three fold by petitioning the creator to delete my profile pic....hard to look like a good guy with an ***hole attitude against a pic like mine eh?

Can a member really have another member's pictures deleted? What was wrong with the deleted picture?

Alas it is true....it seems a profile is not acceptable and like the ever subtle Lizzie someone also brought to the attention of the mod's my profile picture and it was deleted.

But then easy come easy go.....as there are far more bigger problems to get ones knickers in a knot......
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 154
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/26/2009 10:09:29 AM

I guess I got a little pissed off....kinda like the men do.

And what is wrong with that? Anger IS a legitimate emotion. We ALL feel angry at sometime about something. Big deal.

The anger that men feel and express is legitimate. In many cases it's also appropriate, justified and completely understandable.

It seems that that is something you often refuse to even acknowledge. You choose, instead, to judge, which is the exact same thing you accuse men of doing.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >