Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonRider29
Msg: 32
The Teflon Man....Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Those who can do... do

Those who cannot do... ridicule those who can.
 babydoll127
Msg: 33
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:47:13 PM
Sometimes I feel that people dont realize there are stipulations for who can receive benefits and for how long. Atleast in my state, you have a 5 year lifetime MAX for receiving TANF. Once your 60 months is up, you're done. There are also rules and regulations and while on TANF you must be participating in Workfirst which is a program to get you employed. You have to be participating in Workfirst for 40hours a week. You can also be going to school while On TANF but lets say you only go to school 20 hours a week then you have to participate in Workfirst the other 20 hours a week. These requirements are for while you're pregnant as well as after pregnancy but you do get a 3 month maternity leave before you are required to resume a job/workfirst/school etc.

I think a lot of you feel that people on benefits sit on their booties all day for years and years while the government gives them handouts. I believe that a family of 3 gets a max of $520 a MONTH. If they make income OVER that amount then they get NOTHING. Let's say you get child support in the amount $500 a month. The state would then only pay you $20. How can anyone survive on that?

Now there are some people who abuse the system and ACTUALLY do have jobs and just pocket the TANF....

I'm not really concerned with the single mothers on the system because I know there are rules in regards to it. What I AM worried about is the vast majority of ILLEGAL immigrants who trick the system.... Sorry but my taxdollars shouldnt be paying out to someone who didnt even come here legally.

That's just my 2 cents...
 DragonRider29
Msg: 34
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:51:35 AM
Rock Hunter,
I went back and checked just make sure, I never called anybody "a boy"
DR
 DragonRider29
Msg: 35
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/16/2009 9:41:44 AM
I think you need to reread your post.
First off you don't have a clue, I would never insult boys that way.
The perspective is much broader than that.
I have found that men who will not accept responsibility, will not accept responsibility.
Doesn't matter what it is.
Then there are men who accept responsibility and it doesn't matter what it is, they step up and take responsibility.
It's a behavior!
Actually my question would be more along the lines of why the bashing?
Which raises bigger questions about behaviors.
When somebody continually criticizes, ridicules, bashes, in-your-face someone else or a group, one must ask the question of why is that.
To make the point once is fine, but to continue, you can fall under the definition of cruelty.
Like rubbing salt into the wound.
I do see a lot of that here.
But as I said in the beginning, as a supervisor and employer for most of my life, I have found men who will not accept responsibility in one area, very rarely will even take responsibility in another area, most the time, all they do is criticize and complain.
But those who will take responsibility, they take responsibility in everything and they don't blame others.
Like the men who walk away from their families, they will also walk away from everything else.
That does seem to be how it works.
DR
 Tealwood
Msg: 36
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/16/2009 2:36:58 PM

Then there are men who accept responsibility and it doesn't matter what it is, they step up and take responsibility.
It's a behavior!

I could not agree with you more. But unlike what I perceive in your writings and perhaps the other "academic" is a P.C. philosophy where you do not hold the woman to the same standard that you expect of the men or fathers.

I have great respect for woman and do not feel they are unable to succeed or flourish because they are a female. So I feel or do not see any reason to see them as a weaker sex or see any reason they should not be held accountable in the same manner i would a father. I still hold open doors or offer my seat to an older woman, but see no reason to fawn over any woman. But then sexual rewards do come at different prices do they not?

Now here is a real lady..a real woman who does not whine and complain but instead it seems charts her own course in life.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/9444114datingPostpage2.aspx
Child Support Amount
Posted: 3/25/2008 11:05:15 AM Msg: 42

It is mostly women who receive payments, the same women who once prided themselves on equality, independence, capability and usefulness...They quickly trade that pride and equality for legal extortion, free money. At the expense of a hard working man. Ruining everything capable women have worked so hard for, equality.

To abuse a system that is here to protect children is incredibly low. Whether you are a deadbeat who never pays enough, or a tapeworm who pockets extra money, it all boils down to lack of personal character.

Today's family laws put women back to pre-sufferage times. Women greedily accept the role of helpless, incapable dependents, reducing themselves to a status less than the standard of adults. No feminist or capable woman with pride would suck money from someone else.

I have a child, and an ex. That ex is not in our lives, or wanted in our lives, so why should I want his damn money?? My child's father has no interest in him, why would I reduce my son by forcing money from a kid he looks at as a burden? That would make my son more of a resented burden, "f" that. I pay everything, I can, so I do.

Divorced women who receive spousal support are nothing more than hookers with a pension. Same for those who demand outrageous child support.

And DR....there was a single custodial father here who i also was at odds with...challenging his complaints and arguments about her not paying the cs in a fashion he felt was appropriate.

But as I said in the beginning, as a supervisor and employer for most of my life, I have found men who will not accept responsibility in one area, very rarely will even take responsibility in another area, most the time, all they do is criticize and complain.

I have also been a supervisor, and self employed...and in fact found when i was looking for an office administrator a mother entering back into the work force was a far more effective employee than some just out of school graduate who still had not gone past the stages of boys/guys falling all over them or being in the mindset of being privileged. But I also find it interesting....you have gone on numerous times about the taking of responsibilities .....and you avoid the question raised about custodial fathers over custodial mothers and the assuming of responsible direction in working full time to finacially provide for themselves and their children.

Why are you mute on that statistical fact?

But those who will take responsibility, they take responsibility in everything and they don't blame others.

Now it is a fairly narrow minded person that will paint with such a broad brush that all are that way.
I have raised a child by myself, seeing the world from the other side, gives you an interesting perspective.
There's a lot of men I know, better said have known, that didn't want to take the responsibility, unless I am forced to, by a work environment or something, I will have nothing to do with them, not only are they worthless to their children, their worthless to everybody around them, and speaking of the work environment, they don't do a good job either.

There are many men who take on the role of custodial parent. And most of them all do it without cs and working full time and thrive and relish the reality that they are able to do it alone. I might also suggest that those who are not custodial would jump at the chance if given to them. Equally if other woman were not so harsh..i might suggest more woman would remove themseves from custodial role's if they were not subjected to the harsh comments from other mothers.

I raised my child from the age of two years until he turned 18, he is now a very fine upstanding person, he is in the military. Was an AB honor roll student. Doesn't need me anymore :-( but then again that's a good thing :-)
I did it because I had to, there was no choice, went through hell but I would do it again in a heartbeat!
I have done something very few do, raise a child by themselves, it is what I consider my greatest accomplishment and nobody can take that away from me!
I had to give up basically everything I wanted to do in order to do this, but the rewards, the self-satisfaction I think (I know) is far greater than if I would have done what I wanted to do.

I have not given up anything....i find that statement interesting. I made a choice and I personally love the period of time that has resulted from that choice. I am sorry to hear you feel you gave up everything. I stayed in a marriage a few years so the children might be old enough that i would be able to get or keep a relationship with them. I did a number of things before children...lived off the streets and enjoyed many a party for close to a decade. Once they leave or embark on their own career path....i will again have a third..or is it a fourth stage in my life...but i gave up nothing...I fought to have this stage!

My compliments that you raised your son and he was an honour student. In fact both of my children are as well. One has in fact also earned a athletic scholarship and was competitive in 3 sports at the highest level before settling in to 2. But the honours recognition is school is far more important.

Unlike you however i did or do see the children spend time with their mother....but over the last number of years...it has been one at a time with one living here full time and the other about 75%. And like yourself I do it without cs. But them I am capable and able to be finacially self supporting....Is it wrong to expect or have the same expectation for others? it is after expecting one to be responsible...which is what you complain about for others...but I suspect it being responsible in paying cs you only talk about.

The answer is no, there are some very wonderful women out there, but I also know there are some that aren't.
Myself I have taken government assistance, a food stamps and AFDC, but it was a last resort, I had been injured on the job, the recovery took 18 months in which I could not work, what do you do?

Perhaps the comment about not working hit a little close to home. i have no problem with the premise of help or assistance for those who require it for short periods of time.

I work full time and provide for myself and my children. I have respect for those who do the same. I feel and have sympathy for those who lose their jobs and are forced to accept help while they get back on their feet and re-arrange their lives.

I expect fathers to work full time to provide for themselves and their children.

I expect mothers to work full time to provide for themselves and their children.

* 79% of custodial single mothers are gainfully employed

* 92% of custodial single fathers are gainfully employed

The difference some seem to feel custodials are in a special bracket when it comes to finacial self reliance. And working full time is also not a sacrifice.
 DragonRider29
Msg: 37
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/16/2009 3:26:06 PM
Tealwood,
A lot to go through.
But there are other post I have made concerning some of the other observations, about how I have been treated by women and there are women out there who have done the same thing.
They have children but wasn't interested in me because I have the child. Wanted me to accept their children as my own but wouldn't accept my child. So how could they even ask me to accept their children.
Other women would, they would step up to their responsibility.
When I say I gave up everything, because of the situation, legally I was being held responsible for the safety of my child, his mother was not allowed to see him and she was threatening to kidnap him. So I moved 1000 miles away from my home, family and friends to protect my child. Because working in the restaurant industry had such varied hours, I had to change careers and basically start over. But the management experience was enough to get me into management again.
I didn't get any child support.
Etc. etc. etc..
Now the comments that you are going from, is my reaction to other men and their comments about women. In a sense I have been in the same position as these women and my view is a little different than most men. As much as I know there are women out there that will not accept a man with a child, I also know there will be men who will not do the same.
But when it goes from a comment or an opinion to a continual pointing out, crossing the lines into ridicule and it is over and over, then my concern becomes why is this person doing this?
It's not for edification, and it reaches a point where it becomes cruel and does this person enjoy being cruel?
Going back to my marriage, I became very well studied in abusive behaviors. In reading other women complaining about the bashing and ridiculing, you just have to wonder whether or not they are crossing the line into abusive behavior.
The words out of our mouths or also from our fingertips come from our heart, come from the way we feel. The red flags you learn to look for, come from what people say and what people do, how they argue, how they make excuses, how they minimize, how they shift blame.
But a lot of the words I have read from some people, they aren't there to help, they are there to hurt.
And I always have a problem with people that hurt people, especially children!
So hopefully this will clarify some things.
DR
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 39
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 3:46:50 AM
I just have one thing to add to this thread....

When I was 19, I was in the 82nd. I was young and I was dumb.

100% of us were dumb.

We got drunk, and we got one guy in a shopping cart on the third floor of our barracks. We was wearing a K-pot, knee and elbow pads... and undies. That's it.

We pushed him down the stairs.

Not once,

Not twice,

But 3 times.

Each push down the stairs was 33.333% of our fun.

Our group was comprised of 100% males.

The point of my post? I don't really have one.

I'm just being ZANY!!!! Lizbeth is crazy-crazy. I just wanted to be fun-crazy to offset it a bit.

WHOO HOO!

freetime2bme
Msg: 40
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 3:51:41 AM
Fathers rights are as important as mothers rights when it come to who gets the child. If a mother will not provide pumped breast milk to the father then it is she that does not want what is best for the child.~freetobeme~

^^^Totally agree!....but how is it then that when a Father "opts" out or deny's a child evry kind of parental support and guidance he should be excused from financial support...at the very least?

When fathers rights are given the same weight given to mothers today and mother know it they will act differently because it will be a significant change in the rules. The question will be ..... but how is it then when a Mother "opts" out or deny's a child evry kind of parental support and guidance he should be excused from financial support...at the very least? Because men will be demanding the child and mothers will not be getting the child by default or because they have milk bags. As it stands today fathers are second class in the system so the system needs to be fixed or there will all ways be resentment. Once the playing field is made fair and equal a father opting out will be an issue. Even under todays F----ed up rules mothers are more likely to be dead beats when the father has custody then are fathers when the mother has costudy.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 41
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:30:48 AM
Did you really just call Lizbeth a great person? You know she hates you based on the sole virtue that you are male... right?

Come clean.... you don't pee standing up.. do you?

::confused::
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 42
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:49:23 AM
It's how he does it.

He comes across as a total girlie guy, yes-man lapdog.

It's kind of disgusting, really.

How would you feel if a female poster kept saying things like she wanted a man to beat her, cheat on her, and pee on her. Basically abuse her in every possible way.

That is the disgust I feel whenever I read one of CS's posts. If he has not been castrated, he should give his testicles up to science. They can be used to much better effect elsewhere.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 43
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:56:02 AM

^^^^Really?....switch that little diddy you wrote around...BTW...it is not a "lifestyle" choice to work part-time...it is an option that is manageable through the government credits given to low income families.

Wasn't there a thread started by someone yapping about teflon and deflection?

You'll be one of those broads who'll claim she can't work full-time even when your kids aren't living at home anymore because you need to look after your grand-kids...

As usual, lizzie, you make no sense. At least you are consistently caustic.

Teflon-Lizzie.... I like it...

8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 44
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:22:35 AM
I don't have to emasculate him.

He does that himself.

Women just really have a hard time understanding the male world. That's the only thing I can think to tell you on this subject.

When I was in the Army, in basic training, there was a weird kid in my platoon. He had such light hair he looked like an albino, he was really skinny and weak, had a bit of a nasal voice, and some really effeminate mannerisms.

I was in the Infantry. There were some rough, rough men in my platoon. Men who had killed several people before they were 18 years old. Not me - I was a Washingtonian, upper classed intellectual... but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, this kid used to moan at night. It sounded really, really gay. All night long, he would do this in his sleep, and the guys would get up and smack the shit out of this kid with their flip flops. They'd hit him everywhere. They hit him with flip flops because they would not leave bruises that way. It was necessary since the kid was a tattle tale too... and going to the drill sergeant with no bruises just got him called a p*ssy. At first I felt sorry for him, since I heard him crying, and sobbing to himself every night....

But then I started getting what little sleep I was allowed interrupted too. His little moans and groans and sighs started getting to me too.

I never hit the kid because to me it seemed a bit repugnant. Like hitting a defenseless puppy with a baseball bat. But it got to the point where I started to understand why the other guys did it. I started feeling a sense of satisfaction hearing the sandals whack the kid in the face.

This story will probably horrify most women who read it. But they don't understand the male world. This is why it's so difficult for boys raised by single mothers to be Alpha Males.

For instance, women don't understand the onus and social standing a man's woman brings. A man is judged more harshly sometimes for having an ugly gf than a girl is judged for staying in an abusive relationship.

Women don't understand male bullying. I will never forget the look of shame on my dad's face when he watched me get hit by a bully in the 2nd grade, and I did nothing back. Seeing my dad's reaction made me realize how deeply it shamed me. Before that, I just laughed it off... but seeing my dad's reaction made me realize how miserable and ... lame I felt to not fight back. I vowed NEVER to feel that way again... and I beat the hell out of a kid who was hurting a retarded kid at school later that week.

That was a definining moment in my life when I started to become a sheep dog.

I had the ability to defend myself. I chose not to take it then. Some people cannot defend themselves, and that's what makes crimes against them so horrific to me.

Rape, incest, molestation.... I would gladly be judge, jury, and executioner for any of them. Being a combat veteran, seeing a 3rd world country has just deepened my conviction that a man, real man, should help the helpless.

Emasculated men stand for everything that that is the opposite of what I believe. Chivalry is not just holding a door for a woman. Chivalry is having the ability and capability to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

I will not fight much to protect myself. Words can diffuse most situations. But I will kill to protect a woman or a child. That is who I am. That is what drives me.

Don't let my witty and silly forum posts fool you. I'm an alpha male. I'm the real thing. I have saved lives, I've been in the middle of absolute madness. I've stared death in the face and laughed back.

It's been a long, hard, agonizing road to be who I am. Immasculated girlie guys who say, "it's ok to male bash!" basically cheapen everything I've ever done, and everything I believe in.

Some of you may not understand why I didn't feel the need to protect or step in with the moaning kid.... well, he was doing the same training I was. I felt no sympathy for him, because he made a decision for whatever reason that he wanted to protect others too. How can one protect others if they can't protect themself? It was his battle to fight.

And the concept of something being their own battle to fight is exactly what girlie men and women often don't get.

A warrior's honor is a code that some of us still live by. We're the men with death in our eyes, a smile on our face, and the soul of a poet.

That's a real man. That's the man I decided I wanted to be, and the man I am still working on becoming.

I hope that helps clarify.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 45
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 9:30:52 AM
I feel like my last post up there was WAAAAAY too serious and honest....

So as a defensive mechanism I have become the Forum Ninja.

::ninja vanish!::
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 46
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 9:53:10 AM

So in closing...... "Yay for tubal ligations!"

Ninja say:

Ha ha! Ninja laugh! Ninja laughter is deadly. I aimed it an airplane and it blew up.

I must vanish now.

::ninja vanish!::
 DragonRider29
Msg: 47
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:59:30 AM
An experiment:
the next time you take a shower, wait until after the shower to go to the bathroom, (pee) stand there in all your glory (naked) and give it all you got.
You will find you are getting a golden shower, urinals are even worse.
So as you are going along your day, few times to the bathroom, afterwards you are becoming fairly ripe.
And because its gradual, you will not smell it.
Try it some time.
Then you might find yourself sitting down more often.
DR
 DragonRider29
Msg: 48
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 11:36:02 AM
Spent 15 years in the restaurant business, all the way up to a full chef.
I can be fairly picky about the restaurants I frequent.
This is a dating site!
This is true, but if you are actually really serious, pay for it, go to a site like Yahoo, harmony etc.. It does seem when people are paying for it they are a little bit more serious.
Kind of like you get what you pay for :-)
some of them have some good compatibility tests, personality tests, the best ones are the triple questions, where they ask you the same thing, three different ways over a period of time, makes it harder for someone to shade the results.
When somebody has to pay for it, it tends to eliminate a lot of the players.
DR
 freetime2bme
Msg: 49
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 12:27:21 PM
I think by saying he might be a player was an attempt to give him the benefit of the doubt, because if he is not a player the other picks are all really bad. Refer to your what is a real man post and think the opposite, well for the ones not being sarcastic. A man that hates men, well like the white girl that hates white people, kind of strange. I have faith he could just be a deep under cover player, even if he was nice to you, hell even you might know some one he could toss a bone to. That or the does not piss standing up (earlier poster, funny); got to hope he is a player, don't want to wish anything bad on another man.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 50
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 12:44:57 PM
It's not having an issue with a member of the same sex it's the men bad women good thing I am talking about. You might not see it with your blinders on. People that march to far to the right or to far to the left tend to not see the truth and the truth is not men bad women good or wemen bad men good, the truth looks at facts.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 51
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:03:03 PM
Where to begin? At the begining I suppose. The guy left because he is a DB you drove him crazy, tried to trap him or all of the above. He choose to cut all ties. You have to live with that. His loss.

That said. It is up to you to do what is right for your child. So stop worrying about him. Not all men dodge responsiblity. I'm a single dad work full-time, grad school student, SB owner, etc, etc. So I'm not one for self pity. Oh on top of all of that I pay my ex Child Support. I don't want to bore the other readers with the particulars of my situation if you'd like to know more about my situation, email me.

As for me you have a sense that you should have a particular lifestyle. That you wish to be a housewife. That is fine once you find the person that is willing to support you and your child. However this is not an option. Therefore, go to DSS and get some daycare assistance get off your butt, do what is right for my daughter and yourself. Trust me in the end you'll be less bitter and feel great about yourself.

I know this is harsh. Hopefully it will serve as a wake up call. That is why men are avoiding having the type of relationship you want, with you. They simply look at you as a fun time, till the bill gets too large. Stop looking for someone to support you. Don't look for someone else to do for you what you can do for yourself.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 52
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:11:37 PM
just have one thing to add to this thread....

When I was 19, I was in the 82nd. I was young and I was dumb.

100% of us were dumb.

We got drunk, and we got one guy in a shopping cart on the third floor of our barracks. We was wearing a K-pot, knee and elbow pads... and undies. That's it.

We pushed him down the stairs.

Not once,

Not twice,

But 3 times.

Each push down the stairs was 33.333% of our fun.

Our group was comprised of 100% males.

The point of my post? I don't really have one.

I'm just being ZANY!!!! Lizbeth is crazy-crazy. I just wanted to be fun-crazy to offset it a bit.

WHOO HOO!

You too huh? Did you ever PLF out the 3rd story window? lol ATW
 babydoll127
Msg: 53
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:50:28 PM
Since we're on the welfare subject.....

I would like to know what your opinions are on federally funded abortions (particularly the opinions of pro-abortionists).

I hear all these negative opinions about single mothers who use welfare. Let's talk about single women who use government assistance to finance their multiple abortions. Should there be a limit? Should there be parameters?

Having a friend who works in social services, I hear A LOT about women who abuse this assistance. In particular, one client who would get pregnant on purpose to get welfare (to pay for her drugs) and then she would wait until the last possible moment to get a federally funded abortion (at 24 wks) and then do it all over again. Also, in my medical training, Ive seen medicaid recipients with astonishing medical history's including one woman who has had 13 abortions, 7 of those all in the same year (all federally funded.)

Thoughts?
 hungry_joe
Msg: 54
view profile
History
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/18/2009 3:20:33 AM
Hmmm I wasn't so mad that she was getting assistance. It was the self entitled attitude she holds that bothers me most. Okay, sometimes the people we have childern with leave, die etc. We have to accept that and continue with our lives the best we can. She is able-bodied and could do much better for herself and her child if she choose to. She would perfer to be a full time homemaker. (in the future) Fine, but don't whine about the men that preceive you as looking at them as a pay day. Because in the end that is what they will become. Point is the more you take care of yourself, the better men you will be able to date. This is written for an American perspective. Sometimes people are down on their luck and need assistance, no biggie.
 Tealwood
Msg: 55
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/18/2009 4:05:12 AM
She has a part-time job and she earns money, she is not on welfare. In Canada, for each child you receive a monthly benefit (everyone does regardless of whether you work or not) that is calculated based on your net taxable family income.

In Canada they also often like to call themselves the kinder gentler nation. And also a far more socialized nation. Social assistance has become more easily accessible. So the more you work the less social assistance you are entitled to...or the less you work and earn the greater social assistance you are entitled to.

So a person who is working full time will be receiving less in social assistance or what is dressed up and called...CCTB......but the intent of the act was to insure more disposable cash was placed in the hands of the lower income households without calling it welfare or assistance. I doubt they viewed it as a tool for not working a full time 40 hr work week. It was more intended to be a top up for those who were unable to finacially get by on their own capabilities.

So in Ontario...a custodial mother can sit at home and work part time.....collect her income from part time employment, collect her larger CCTB, collect her GST credit because she only earns an income from part time employment.....collects her child support from an ex husband who she will scream blue murder if he chooses to work part time because it lowers or might lower her cs which she requires to subsidize her choice not to work full time.

Then CS....with his socialized view of society will be using this woman and other woman like her to illustrate that woman are disadvantaged and require greater assistance because they earn less money than other men. Which further underscores the reality often woman earn less money than men because they choose to.

And welfare in Canada for single mothers is not work for welfare. A few years ago a part time job was taking care of an apartment. Easiest person to rent to was single mothers with children. The welfare cheque came every month and they were allotted a set amount for rent. They were not expected to work at least those with small children. A few would go to their mothers/parents home often but the only way they qualified for the cheque was they had to have an address that was outside of the parents home.

social welfare provision refers to any program which seeks to provide a minimum level of income, service or other support for many marginalized groups such as the poor, elderly, and disabled people. Social welfare programs are undertaken by governments as well as non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Social welfare payments and services are typically provided at the expense of taxpayers generally, funded by benefactors, or by compulsory enrollment of the poor themselves. Welfare payments can take the form of in-kind transfers (e.g., health care services) or cash (e.g., earned income tax credit).

So we can call it welfare or we can call it social assistance or we can call it re-allocation of funds from those who work full time to those who work part time.

And I am not singling out Liz as a bad person or a lazy person. I do find it an interesting statistical fact that custodial men are working full time than custodial woman and the supporters avoid the information.

In Canada we tolerate and embrace those who are unwilling and incapable of not being able to survive or exist without social support. But to hide it or make it more palatable rather than call it welfare....food stamps...they call it more neutral names and make it available to everyone and then claw it back or disqualify you when you are are earning a better income from working full time.

I have never seen it as a problem assisting those who are physically , emotionally or mentally incapable of working. I just object to the system being used to manipulate the intent of our social programs and allow parties to stay home and not work or under-employ themselves. Perhaps what makes it worse is when they are sometimes more strident about suggesting men pay up...assume their responsibilities better...which is to me a hypocrisy while taking larger amounts from the welfare/social assistance/CCTB programs that are available in Canada.

Why not lower the personal income tax and do away with the social programs that allow some people to work part time while others toil away at full time employment? Perhaps that might be to harsh a world or society where we expect adults to work and to provide for themselves and their children? I am sure that is something Lizzie has asked of men for many a month. Assume your responsibilities.....

I suggest that men should be.....and since i am not politically correct...I suggest woman should also be required to work and finacially provide for their children. And we still can have welfare//social assistance or however we want to dress up the programs for those who are unable to provide for their children or themselves.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 56
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/18/2009 7:20:34 AM
Now, I understand what you are saying Tealwood in terms of CPs intentionally underemploying but in reality, if there is a CP and NCP relationship (as with Lizbeth), how much money the CP makes is not even factored into the calculation of the amount of child support a NCP makes. So the only person whose income she is really affecting is her own. Her cs payments would not be reduced if she was making more money by working full-time.

That may well be in a case like lizzie, but the income of OTHER people IS affected by choices like she makes in situations like mine.

My ex makes choices very similar to what lizzie does and it has cost me a LOT of money over the past 8 years. My ex has currently chosen to quit her job, which could cost me as much as twice what I pay now.

The deeply held entitlement attitude is the thing that bothers the hell out of me, and many other men, with women like lizzie and my ex.

That attitude enables them to believe they can do whatever the hell they want as they hide behind the Teflon Deflection Shield emblazoned with "IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE CHILD" in blinding letters across the front. Women like my ex and lizzie will continue to use this excuse to stay underemployed LONG after their kids need mommy to hover over them.... simply because they believe they are ENTITLED to collect money for nothing.

Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 57
The Teflon Man....
Posted: 6/18/2009 4:09:28 PM
Please keep in mind also that I'm an advocate for child support being calculated as a set off amount always (regardless of custody) and holdiing both parents accountable for "underemployment" in the calculations.

I DO keep what you say in mind. I think you are one of the rare women who has a relatively balanced view of the contentious issues of CS and reproductive rights.

The unfortunate thing is that more women don't share your views. Too many, lizzie and my ex being quite typical, absolutely refuse to consider the possibility that their sense of entitlement, for no other reason than that they are WOMEN, is repugnant.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >