Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 120
Decent guys: are they all either taken or gay?Page 3 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

that's the downside to ALL dating.

It's not a downside unless you like dating people who aren't attracted to you. For most, it's just part of the process.
 seekndestroy
Msg: 123
Decent guys: are they all either taken or gay?
Posted: 6/14/2009 1:31:55 PM
"are they all either taken or gay? "

well... yup im taken, married, gay, a player, not decent and i've been working very hard at making all the other men in here to be the same....

... so thank you for your thread OP for you are validating that my efforts are being successful....

so from now on.... yall womens who cant find a decent man can all just blame me for it instead of men in general.... i'd be happy taking the hit for my brethren !!!!

HarDayKnight
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/14/2009 1:40:58 PM
If the OP is true, then the reverse seems to be just as likely.

"War iz awl da gud wimunz?"

What one person thinks is a good man, or woman, may not be the same for the next. Keep looking. You're still young. Wait until you're 40, and see how many high quality men and women are still around and free. (Not saying I'm one of 'em, but maybe I can fool some poor lady into thinking so. )

Keep in mind, also, that there is a point where you have to start looking at yourself as the problem for every man you meet being "not a decent guy." 20 plus different emails a day, and none of them were any good? Maybe your picker is broken, or there is something wrong with you. It happens.
 mcbobly
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:25:49 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that couldn't be further from the truth, it's most likely yo;re just too picky OP, because I'm a decent guy and not only am I NOT taken I am not in any way gay either, so that theory is bunk. Try re-evaluating your "must haves" and go from there.
 mcbobly
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:27:33 PM

Nope, we just move to the Seattle area!

Or a bit further to the south here in Vancouver, yes Vancouver Washington, not Canada.
 SwimminWithTheFishies
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:30:59 PM
I guess, as the song goes...."Girl's just want to have fun!"....and most women (especially the young, naive ones) find the so called "bad boys" fun, sexual, and mysterious and the "decent" or "nice guys" generally pretty boring. To them there is really no point to having a guy around otherwise (unless their broke or desperate).

As for men....they mostly want someone attractive and sexual. And most men generally find the "decent" or "nice" woman unattractive and find it difficult to want to be sexual with. Ya know, the ick factor squelches any sexual desire.

Plus, men and women don't really need each other for anything nowadays but for sex or companionship. And since it seems neither find the majority of available suitors out there worth their time, I guess we have just evolved into a mostly lose=lose society.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:23:37 PM
So if I think I'm decent and I know I'm not taken, I must be gay? This is complicated, let me sleep on it tonight and I'll get back to you. Indecent or gay...that's tough, I need to get taken.
 whatever3321
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:04:21 PM
Not that hot in FL... only been like 95 with a ton of humidity and that is perfectly normal here.
 good_catch77
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:11:54 PM
I've not read all the replies. So I'm going off on a limb here and saying I think the same about the women in my area. "Are all the good ones taken?" Not so much lez but taken. It seems like every woman that I think about asking out or want to ask out is taken. Wither a ring or at least a b/f. If I choose to have them as friends its the married ones. Not because I'm hoping they'll go with me even if there married. But they are sure to have at least one or two g/f's that are single. You never know.

But I feel like I'm a nice catch hence my title. I'm a decent guy I'm saying nice as in a good catch. Not nice as defined so many times on here as being a doormat.

But we've got to weed out all the a-hole's and b1tches to get to what we want. Best of luck to everyone
 celts123
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:21:00 AM
Let's see, women are not willing to compromise? 99% of the men who have contacted me on POF have all thought that I was great until I sent them a pic. Seems as if both sexes might need to compromise a bit and not be so stringent about having so many criteria. I am nowhere near ugly, but average/cute woman get few positive glances.

I'm not that picky about looks / photos. I have shown some initial interest in plenty women with average looking photos of themselves. However I have a few physical dealbreakers that can easily be seen from a photo.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/15/2009 2:57:31 PM
...is that saying true, that all good men are either taken or gay?

If you add "or not interested in me" to that, then you might be onto something.

Andrew_2424
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/15/2009 3:43:52 PM
I find it funny that every woman who is attractive labels herself as a "real catch." There is more than just genetics that go into making a decent woman. Yet somehow they bought hook line and sinker into what the media told them. Just because you are pretty does not mean you are going to find that perfect looking, perfect job having man.

These men are highly valued and when women takes shots at "all men," it's usually because they don't have what it takes to either keep or attract these men. Face it, if you had what it took you wouldn't still be single and looking for these guys on a dating site.

So while there may not be an abundance of decent men on POF, or in your little corner of the world, I find it laughable that YOU consider yourself decent because people tell you that you are pretty and deserve only the best.

There are lots of pretty ladies in this world American women, the difference is that most of them don't think they deserve only the best based on this one aspect of themselves.
 stunt groom
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:18:34 PM

My profile used to say I was here for "dating" and I got up to 25 emails every day. 2 weeks ago, the latest a-hole proved to be the straw that broke this camel's back, and i changed it to say "long term."
Since then, I've gotten 2 e-mails, both of which sounded relatively skeptical. The one man I found on here who seemed to be legitimate (he was gorgeous, smart and "looking to settle down"--his also said "long term") turned out to be a gay guy who just really wanted to marry a woman and have a family.
what the hell is this world coming to, anyway? is that saying true, that all good men are either taken or gay?
i'm starting to really believe that it is.

You're young so I guess we should forgive your crass generalization. I don't think you'd like it if a man were to make a similar comment about women..Have more class and you'll attact a better class of a man..
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:26:12 AM
Ninja say:

This man is a good man...

But he is a shinobi. Cursed to fight the lonely fight of a ninja warrior. Blessed to have the power to do so, and the wisdom of old years in a young, virile body.

Perhaps I shall meet another ninja one day to walk the warrior path with me? Perhaps.

Until that day, I shall fight alone.

This ninja is not gay, nor old, or taken.

He does know what he wants and needs... which is not something 99.999999% of women can be.

That is all.

::ninja vanish!::
 mrcs84
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:55:16 AM
If you ask me, the decent guys out there have just become jaded from putting up with so many indecent girls. They're out there, but it's not an easy quest. Their expectations are probably just as high for as the women that seek them out. They know that being attractive, paying your own bills, and having a job is common, so they're seeking definitive qualities that set a girl apart from the rest. A L-O-T of the "well thought out" profiles on here mention the terms like smart/funny/laid back. So the real question is what do you have going for you that makes you special?

I'm probably thinking into this too much. Maybe that's just MY thinking.

On second thought, the decent guys are still driven by their primal instincts, and at you're age, they just want some action right now. The decency will show itself AFTER you spread your legs.

Both of those have some validity to them. Take your pick I guess.
 guiltyclients
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/26/2009 5:01:27 PM
I get really fed up when a woman says "all the decent guys are taken", or my personal favorite, "I want a 'nice' guy". Stop whining already and shut up!! If you're an attractive and at least generally social aware girl, there is NO reason in the world why you can't find a decent guy! No reason! You can't find a 'decent' guy because YOU don't want one! Your head is full of dysfunctional, MTV/Cosmo relationship b.s., you're programmed all screwed up because of how you saw your dad treat your mother, you have no idea how to think for yourself and you're probably not really a nice or decent person inside anyway. There I said it.

Let the games begin!
 mrcs84
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2009 11:27:57 PM
OP - I'm sure you actually know plenty of decent single guys, but you've thrown them in the friend zone because you just "don't see yourself dating him."
 rockondon
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2009 1:11:58 AM
And yet, ironically, millions of decent guys are wondering precisely the same question about decent girls.
 IrishGod
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/27/2009 4:23:01 AM
Decent guy = Id hit it?

Decent guy (Rated a 5) = He wouldnt talk to you as he knows hes not at least a 7 in your eyes!

Oh you mean the really good looking guys.. oh they are all out there..
Ready to **** you over and lie to you anytime you need him. Im sure he
still calls you and annoys you. =)

If you mean the rich guy that will take care of you and will ravish you with
everything.. Nah, he dont want to be in a relation.

Or the guy that is willing to treat you right and looks good and cook for you,
rub your back, make you laugh.. blah blah blah..
Oh yeah, you read deleted him, because he lost his job on lay-offs and
had a bad hair day when he took his picture..
 Jay.FromNYC
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2009 5:47:59 AM
Some good guys are simply overlooked.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/27/2009 5:23:57 PM

Oh you mean the really good looking guys.. oh they are all out there..
Ready to **** you over and lie to you anytime you need him. Im sure he
still calls you and annoys you. =)

If you mean the rich guy that will take care of you and will ravish you with
everything.. Nah, he dont want to be in a relation.

Or the guy that is willing to treat you right and looks good and cook for you,
rub your back, make you laugh.. blah blah blah..
Oh yeah, you read deleted him, because he lost his job on lay-offs and
had a bad hair day when he took his picture.."

Where do you guys hear these wives' tales?

Not all good looking guys are jerks, a fair amount of unattractive men are as well.
Not all rich guys don't want to commit, I know a lot of broke ones that don't either.
Not all nice guys are nice, not all that bend over backwards for you are looking out for your best interest...
Not all men who send messages to women should automatically get dates because they're breathing. Women have the right to choose who they like, just as men choose who they contact. I am sure most men choose not to contact some women based on lack of attraction - what, are they they the only ones who get to pick what they like? Pffft.

Some women won't like you back. This is life. I'd like to add that most people think they are decent, but they can't possibly ALL be decent...
 stevelfun
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/27/2009 5:48:56 PM
No - we are not all taken or gay.

Where are we - busy being a 'crying towel', a nice guy with absorbent shoulders - effectively - a 'girl friend' with a penis.

That is what we do. Women don't feel we are worthy of their love. We are there for them to suck emotional support from so they can move on to the next guy that will play them.

THEN, when it happens YET AGAIN - they fall back and come to us YET AGAIN for their 'girl friend' with a penis. The sympathetic ear. The crying towel.

That is where we are.

'Nough said.
 Fifi47
Msg: 167
Posted: 6/27/2009 6:23:47 PM
I don't find that a decent man is attractive to me if he has been a crying towel or sympathetic ear repeatedly for women who use and abuse him. He obviously enjoys these types of situations and/or cannot see the forest for the trees when it comes to choosing women to date. I do not tend to sympathize with his tales of woe/I am such a nice guy look what I did for all these women then they left me for someone else.
 Yr Man
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/27/2009 6:28:11 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time weeding out all the bad apples. Rest easy, though. Not all of us are indecent. I don't know about the gay part, I just know I'm straight. Alot of the "good guys" are going to be in a relationship, but some of us find ourselves back on the market, usually to our dismay. You just have to keep on trying. Just remember, if you don't give up you eliminate ninty-nine percent of the competition. Be especially careful not to become jaded. Nice guys don't like women that seem hard or cold. Hope you have better luck in the future.
 stevelfun
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:21:15 PM
BTW - as an addendum to my prior post, I have had my fill of being the 'decent' guy.

I have lowered myself to new lows to accomodate an ever lowering standard in 'dating'.

Last week - I was asked to do a 'walk by'. I was told by the woman that I was meeting for coffee that she would observe as I went into the coffee place and that she would join me if she felt like it after seeing me. WTF And I am the one with the pics on my profile and she wasn't. LOL

All this bs is just too dang much.

This decent guy is going elsewhere.

The answer to the original question - we are not dating any more because of cr@p like this that we are supposed to put up with.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >