Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FL CO
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Decent guys: are they all either taken or gay?Page 9 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

all decent men are non existant, only rude obnoxious wanna be guys mess with women. the Men are in the garage/huntin club/track/garden/pasture. there is no such thing as a decent person anymore....a man can provide physically for a family but be broke as a window in a hurricane and that wouldnt be enough. its all about money to the majority of women, preppy/thug/starving artists/power brokers they get everything and when women are trampled on by them they seek comfort in a southern minded guy's shoulder but hes not good enough for her to be a husband.

I hear ya. The true man won't get the same attention, because he probably has calloused hands, a few scars, isn't babyface smooth all of the time, doesn't alway fit in with the latest hairstyles and clothing. He know how to treat a woman, but they're not used to it, so they run back to what they know. True gentlemen are concidered pushovers in todays world. I can do everything that a hopeless romantic would want, and still be willing to trade blows for her. Unforunately, since I won't wear something that I don't like just to fit in, or make a lot of money, I'm often overlooked for someone who does, or atleast at like he does.
 FL CO
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Decent guys: are they all either taken or gay?
Posted: 11/5/2009 9:30:31 AM
^^^of course dress for the event, but speaking for me personally, I could never get into the skin tight jeans, pastel colors, too small polo shirts, long hair hanging down into the face, etc.

We are probably just as bad about picking the wrong women. I've been looking for awhile now, and can't find any that meet my standards, because I'm being much more picky this time around. Those that appear to aren't interested in me, so its been tough. I'm sure will will turn up when I least expect it though
 Gogetter56
Msg: 464
Posted: 12/25/2009 9:28:35 PM
No, but we're not settling either oh and Merry Christmas
 FL CO
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 6:38:59 AM
^^^And there you have it. I'm being picky with my girls this time around. Of course being a little shy and picky doesn't help, but it'll save a lot of headache and heart ache in the long run. There's people I've thought about, but there'd always be something that I'd say that doesn't meet what I'm looking for, or something that long term would be a problem, even if I could deal with it now.
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 468
Posted: 12/26/2009 4:08:56 PM
There are plenty of us single decent guys out that!
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 469
Posted: 12/26/2009 7:08:33 PM
decent guys are smarter.

They have gone for

Foreign brides.
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 471
Posted: 12/27/2009 11:20:45 AM
There are not that many decent guys out there, honestly. And if there are, then they aren't looking to be found, otherwise they'd all be gobbled up already. I also think women have a keen ability to overlook men who would be better suited for them and instead seek ou impossible-to-find ideal notions of men, or men who are completely wrong for them.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 472
Posted: 12/28/2009 9:40:41 AM
If I were to start a thread whining about the women, I don't think that would improve my chances of finding a good one
 hungry_joe
Msg: 477
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 6:28:39 PM
From the first post I can gather that the OP wanted a man that was model good looking, and possiably independently wealthy. It seems common of many women here. Now do all the decent men fit that profile? No. So are all the decent men taken or gay? Now it is for each person here to decide to what is the most important themselves. No, but don't expect a rich man with supermodel looks on a free dating site. If you look past the pictures, you might find a more enjoyable experience without "settling"
 NYCman530
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 7:03:49 PM
This thread is 25 pages long already so how about changing the title to "Decent women: Are they all taken or lesbian?" Obviously the answer to both questions is no.
 DocElffington
Msg: 479
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2010 2:15:57 AM
OP: they may as well be.

Obviously they aren't interested in YOU!!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 480
Posted: 1/2/2010 5:38:10 AM

You are gullible like crazy if you beleive that. How do you know all the guys who are taken are good guys and that all the fags are good guys. Thats generalizing alot right there.

Fags? Have we returned to 1960 and I missed the time warp? Poor taste, Dude.

Decent guys don't shout about being decent. It's the ones that do that you have to worry about. They're probably trying to convince themselves as well as convincing you.

Those who have to profess it, don't possess it.
~OT~ Not all of them were taken. I'm dating someone who is truly a nice guy.
 FL CO
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 11:34:58 AM
^^^The problem is that females seem to expect a guy to look like a model, be decent, have lots of money, and be amazing in bed. They seem unwilling to settle for the decent guy with average looks or the one who makes enough to live, but isn't living the high life. They want it all, but bring little to offer themselves. They seem to think that simply having certain parts is enough.. This doesn't apply to all women, but I'd say a good number of them in my age group.
 FL CO
Msg: 490
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 9:47:22 AM

Yep, you're right. Have you discussed this with your mother, sister, daughter etc., to get their feedback

I guess you you misssed the last line of that about it applying to my age group. It does others as well, but the biggest percentage seems to be in mine. I can think of various reasons for this, but I know that there's those on this forum that re so closed minded that they don't want to hear anything but their own opinion.
 kari135
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 11:04:06 AM

But now....the main problem seems to be the triviality of 'Distance'..!!
With So many ladies looking for 'Relationships', why is it they won't take the Smallest
chance to find someone that might be _Exactly_ what they're looking for..??

Distance isn't all that trivial. I live in the middle of nowhere, and I can't drive. The ones who are more than willing to drive to me are, to put it politely, cougar bait. Otherwise, I get "Gee, it's too bad you live so far away" from men who are as close as 25 miles. There is one who is planning a visit later in the spring from another state, and I certainly hope he makes it. If nothing else comes of it, at least I will finally have met a real live person.

I used to have a 100 mile restriction on my profile in deference to those who would have to make the trip, but I got rid of that so I could make some friends on line.
 kari135
Msg: 501
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 10:34:17 AM

my experience on here is that women are too PICKY!!!

That would be me. Picky. I want warm and still breathing, someone who can come up with something more original that 'u wanna f*ck' in a first contact.

No shiny armor wanted, I know who would end up keeping it that way, and it wouldn't be him.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 502
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 5:23:52 PM

I dated a girl that actually said that I'm too damn awesome to date cause she would hate to lose that friendship.

and you took that statement at face value? it was the no-cost bone she threw your ego after saying 'no pvssy for you.'
 helpimstuck
Msg: 503
Posted: 1/13/2010 10:45:46 PM
well i am still here..
 platypus_man
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 4:34:47 AM
It's all about what each woman defines as a 'decent guy'. Usually, it has a catch attached, income/job/physical/status requirements. I'm a decent guy in all the previous ways, but have a trait that >99% of women find repulsive in a mate. So, that 99% wouldn't think me 'decent'. Like beauty, it's all in the eye, and mind, of the beholder.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 506
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:12:13 AM
For men who are saying women are too picky - it seems that those men are also referring to women they have approached that weren't interested. It's never a matter of viewing it from a distance.

Most women are only looking for a few things. ARE they picky because some men don't fit those few things? Probably only to those men I'm guessing.

A guy's not into me? I shrug and move on - people like who they like. Who cares? The trick is to live life and go with a match if you find one - life is way more miserable if you screen everyone of the opposite sex hoping for a match. Whatever will be will be.

Burned by American Women,
Fishing overseas only.
Still not gay, still not married.

This fascinates me. I never understood this concept. How can you seriously fish overseas unless you are living overseas (unless you just haven't changed your profile location)? I think if you want to do that, it's cool - but if you're looking to bring someone from overseas back here you've never met or you barely know, you're just creating another eventual American Woman - except you get to watch her change into one - I guess that's part of the fun? Seems like a lot of trouble and expense to go through, but I guess to each their own.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 508
Posted: 1/14/2010 4:05:29 PM
^^^Well I admire that, Valencia. Forgive me but there are so many people who go on and on about finding a woman overseas and don't like the women here, but expect never to leave the US. I find that somewhat unrealistic, and for the most part just whining (perhaps hoping someone will beg them to stay or feel bad about it).

IMO, a person who's serious wouldn't consider something like that seriously unless they planned to move out of the US to accomplish it.

Good luck to you, Valencia. I can tell you've got a decent head on your shoulders.

Gogetter1956
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 4:48:25 PM

The men who come out to the dating events are usually there for one reason and one reason only - to meet women. The women come out for varying reasons. Many women on here keep telling men to ease up on the whole "needing" or "seeking out so much" a partner. Women "need" (this is not a subject to be discussed) men less now than in my parents day. Heck, some men AND women have children without a partner.

I think this is interesting enough to discuss. If men have always needed women even when we were the main "bread winners", now that women have been able to pay their own way, why should that change the "need" factor for women?

So it really is all about money? That is so sick I can't believe it's true, but I have noticed it is, more than enough.
 anrec
Msg: 516
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:45:07 PM
In Eastern Europe women on average are better educated and tend to spend a lot of efforts looking after themselves - it's cultural. As well as statistically they prevail, and are interested in Westerners. This whole thing is really a supply/demand matter, just as market. And by far not all of them are gold-diggers and green-card hunters, and just like any other women also want a descent life partner.

For men, bringing her is only the beginning of building a successful relationship. It becomes his responsibility to make sure she can find her place here - including education and career. For those men who fail to realize and live up to this responsibility this marriage naturally fails. For those though who do, these marriages are in most cases successful.
 Timmahh88
Msg: 518
Posted: 3/4/2012 3:35:18 AM
What about me then? I'm definitely not ugly, I have a full time job, I'm in good physical shape and kick ass if needed.

Only thing that's really wrong with me is I have hearing aids, never the less women don't pay too much attention to me.
 OutdoorsyBCguy
Msg: 519
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:30:53 PM
Always find it humorous when women complain there are no good men "David Bekham eh? how many of you ladies look like Posh spice???" Have lurked the freakish ladies profiles on POF for a while now, my standards are far more modest than yours. Must not be mentally ill, must not be morbidlly obese, must not be a drug addict, must have at least some life ambition (not a welfare mommy). Yup still single...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >