Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sexyme
Msg: 3
Why Do Women Like Drummers or Musicians in GeneralPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Thats cause they let their fingers do the talking..
 miss_allison
Msg: 5
Why Do Women Like Drummers or Musicians in General
Posted: 7/4/2005 7:45:21 AM
well i think its about the spotlight / power etc

for example, i'm attracted to men in authority - ie: police officers, firemen, top business executives, politicians, etc - theres something about the control that they have that i enjoy - i guess i like a guy whos in charge

as for musicians - i think a lot of ladies like them cause they are in the center of attention because it feels good to have the person everyone wants - another reason is theres nothing hotter than having a guy sing to you - that all being said... personally i dont find muscians terribly sexy - especially rockers - i just cant get past the gruffy clothes and long hair - give me the head honcho of a fortune 500 company anyday!!!
 d-belle
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/4/2005 11:09:01 AM
I married a musician, a guitar player. When we were dating and he would play gigs, a friend of mine said "Look at him up there! Doesn't that just make you go crazy? I would be soooo turned on by that!" It really made me think......hmmmm, I dunno, personally I would rather be sitting with my partner and enjoying the show together. He was always so far away!

I think it's a romanticized fantasy, like actors or other famous people kwim? It's like a dream or something, but guess what...you have to wake up! They are just regular people like the rest of us.

Musicians tend to be a little more in touch with their feelings though...that's one attraction for me.
 d-belle
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/4/2005 3:37:51 PM
Most musicians have day jobs. The music is a really time consuming hobby.
 † §weet £eaƒ †
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/5/2005 12:15:44 AM
Music is a powerful thing.... don't question it, just accept it as fact!
 clandestine_nirvana
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2005 5:43:15 AM
it's simply that having a job that a woman can UNDERSTAND and APPRECIATE is so much better than having a job where one cannot

and of course many girls would like to have status, so being with a guy who is in the spotlight is a real turn on
(as it gives them status too)
 loveleypassion101
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/19/2005 9:36:50 AM
I AGREE I AM A 26 YEAR OLD LADY FROM SIKESTON MO, I WRITE SONGS AND IT IS BREATH TAKING TO HERE THEM AND SANG TO ME. IF A MAN SANGS TO ME AND IS GOOD THEY USULEY HAVE ME THEN AND THERE. THE WAY IT MAKES YOU FEEL AT THAT MOMENT AS THOW YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THERE, THE REST OF THE ROOM GOES SILENT AND YOU AND HER ARE THE ONLY ONE IT SEEMS IS THERE. BUT I DO SANG TO THE MEN TO AND IT IS THE SAME FOR THEM

THANKS
LOVELEYPASSION101
 Greanize
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/19/2005 10:24:09 AM
I used to date a man who was a member of a well known Canadian Rock band. They were popular in the late 70's early 80's. When I met him and started to see him, he was no longer in the music business, and I had no idea who he was other then a man I was interested in and he was interested in me.
During our first date, we discussed what we did in the past...past jobs and stuff, and he told me he used to play bass guitar and keyboards for a band. I still did not clue in because it was not important to me. I was into the man and who he is currently. When I found out the band and realized one of their songs was one of my favourite songs, I was more proud then anything to know that he had that wonderful accomplishment. I liked the worldliness and how well he conducted himself during his rocker years by not getting involved heavily into drugs and alcohol. (One of his band mates did die from drug abuse) Now when I hear that song or any of their other songs on the radio, I smile to myself....and remember him with fondness and respect.
 dancer3
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:24:25 AM
the ability to freely and without reservationn express their feelings and unleash their emotional side... sort of like me. I am drawn to anyone who can play an instrument. It shows they are in touch with themselves and their emotions and not so caught up in ageneric world.
that and the long hair rocks my world!!!
Dave Navarro, Steve Tyler, Michael Hutchence, etc., all have a sexual persona and prescence about them like no other so that too is a draw.

oh my god, I need to go have a cold shower..
 Stillalicious
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/14/2006 2:47:11 PM
Hello??? PAPD??? Are you in here???
 GT99
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/18/2006 5:03:52 PM
my ex was with a drummer before me, I get along with all her ex's before me, but this guy was a douche, something about musicians baffles me, he acts like a tool, he is not attractive and his attitude stinks..

they were playing at a club one night and I showed up late, when not playing he was at the bar, talking tough to one of my friends (dont know why, nothing to do with me) I heard all the stories....he carries a big knife...why? I dont know maybe because he starts stuff he cant finish? Once my friend pointed him out and said "that guy" has been trying to fight me all night I laughed....now I dont like to be**** or start fights (I only fight for competition in a ring/cage) but I couldnt help myself, every time he would look over I would laugh and flip him the bird and motion for him to come over.....he never did

sure they can party but this loser lived with mom, didnt have a job, she cooks and cleans and he doesnt have a clue on how to treat a woman...she got rid of him thank god (not because it was for me lol) her other ex's are pretty cool, some are great people, but this guy was a loser.

I guess when they met....he was nice to talk with, deep and all that, then she realized what a loser he was and got rid of him.

maybe it was the "stonecold" look, bald goatee thing, only thin as a stick. Every woman likes the "bad boy" but when you "look" and "try" to act it you are only being fake, the guy was a kitten trying to play with pitbulls

dont see the thing with someone in a band.....my cousin is in a band, gets a boatload of women...if you saw him you wouldnt think "stud", but I have seen his women and wow. But he also knows how to treat them, and has all the other qualities.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2006 11:21:05 PM
It's the artistic side that makes me swoon. Guitar players...poets...painters...writers...where are they hiding?...lol
 sassysinger
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 3:03:40 PM
I don't really know anything about why other women would be attracted to musicians, not to say that they aren't attractive. But myself, I am a musician so I think meeting someone with the same interests would be nice. I figured that everyone would have some interest in music, even if it was only listening to it, but I have been really surprised at how few guys actually include it as an interest in their profiles.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:34:18 PM

ok i have been told by woman i know and woman on here that drummers and musicians in general are sex, attractive whatever what is it about us musicans that they do or might find attractive

Because, it's part of the fantasy World they live in.

Same, reason why men like strippers, it's all a fantasy. Women envision a popular man, that everyone likes, and has money, power, etc.... (band dudes if they ever make it), and us men just want to live like Hue Heffner.

See, simple, plain, not mystery.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:36:44 PM
my ex was with a drummer before me, I get along with all her ex's before me, but this guy was a douche, something about musicians baffles me, he acts like a tool, he is not attractive and his attitude stinks.

Smash his hand with a beer bottle. When he can't play for a while, maybe he'll smarten up. LOL
 roxygurl_22
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/7/2009 4:40:53 PM
i dont think all drummers or musicians are hot or snything.... some are and some arent.. and most the gurls i know date them cause they think they are gonna get a record deal and become rich that why they go after them
 ScotRocks
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2011 12:12:02 PM
Like goalies in hockey... drummers are supposedly a little off-the-wall! Keith Moon is one good example...
 DevilfromToronto
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/3/2012 4:18:56 PM

There's a few things that I'd see as an added bonus in a man;
musician
ride a harley
uniform

They were, in the last century.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >