Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forthebeauty
Msg: 34
Opinion On TruthPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I dont have a religous practice to begin with its a spiritual. And I have seen great miracles worked, a 16 year old in my community was cured of luekeimia, with out any treatment, but prayer. As well as numerous other cancers that were never treated. My church has had a great powere of prayer, and the community knows it and even non believers will call one of our members and ask for a prayer chain to get started, and Its not us, we just pray for the lords will to be done, and it is. I as a christian am put here for Gods pleasure, and to testify to others about Jesus, to try and let them know what he done for us all, so that maybe they will accept his gift. His gift of grace. Christ dieing did do something to change ur life, u have the choice to die and ur soul go to heaven and live eternally or to die unsaved and go to hell and burn eternally. I can see that u have chosen the latter, but that is ur choice.
 brundle
Msg: 35
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/22/2004 1:45:09 PM
Canttouchthis you said "I almost forgot...
As to Christopher Reeve... You're saying he didn't suffer needlessly because he raised awareness of spinal cord injury. What good is it to raise awareness of something that doesn't have to exist in the first place? What parent (yes, parent is analagous with God for my purpose) would let his child become paralyzed? Do you think Christopher lived a more fulfilling life because he couldn't walk?"
If we had no choice over our own lives then injury, diease, and suffering would not be present in our world. So if you want to be an animal thats fine there is no recognition of suffering in the animal kingdom..Go on live there. Heres my proof on god...We as humans recognize and some of us do our best to limit suffering.. If there was no god we wouldn't care-we wouldn't have that innate ability for empathy/love. Granted some of us have it more than others but that doesn't take away from the love that the few show. And we are growing-if you dont want to be on the band wagon you don't have to-its going to happen with or without you. There is nothing greater to me than a human who makes the Choice to make his /her world better. You say suffering doesn't have to exist-you are right it doesn't. Thing is the universe runs under certain laws. Those laws allow for some unpleasant things to exist. Its our job to limit and try to stop those things. If you want to blame someone for suffering-blame the ones who have the ability to stop itand don't. It could be you , or your neighbor, or even your parents, how about the government. God gave us hands and the brain to back them--there is nothing we are not capable of. So get off your ass, un-petrify your heart, and get out there and do something that ends suffering. Its this ability that will show you god.
 canttouchthis
Msg: 36
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/22/2004 1:49:49 PM
You are saying that nonbelievers go to hell. What happened before telecommunication and such, when people were unable to find out about christianity? Native americans, asians, and the like. Were they doomed to hell just because they were not so lucky to be born under a christian family? There's no need for you to tell me I'm going to go to hell, just as there's no need for me to tell you that I don't respect your inability to spell or use proper grammar.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 37
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/22/2004 1:52:04 PM
Wow Brundle we actually agree on something lol Very well said !!!!
 forthebeauty
Msg: 39
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/22/2004 5:46:27 PM
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosover believith in him should not parrish and have everlasting life.

Its not what I said Its what God said. I do have a need to tell ya that u will burn in Hell if u dont believe, because that is what I am here for as a christian, for Gods pleasure and to witness to others in hopes that they will see his way and accept him as lord and saviour.

U wont make me mad about my spelling and grammar, u know what I am saying so thats all that matters.
 canttouchthis
Msg: 60
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/23/2004 11:34:55 AM
I was beginning to think that there were only closed minded religious fanatics in here. Good to hear from you Shannon. Thanks for not trying to convert me to some religion.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 63
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 11:39:47 AM
Firts of all Slick this isnt a game, about who can out do who. So u think u got me? U think that u know all? U think that ur way is the only way? And before u answer any of those questions go back and read some of ur posts, and stand on the outside, and look in. What did u see? If ur so good at that as u claim, u should of saw that those posts were from a very closed minded individial. Silver that goes for u too.

The bible speaks in parables. Not one person percieves it as the next, but should respect the others views on it. The bible is the words of the lord. For what ever reasons people refuse to believe that. Thats ok with me, I am not to judge, who am I to call someone ignorant for what they believe? It is between them and the lord. I have read about people like silver and it seems that they try to break down people (like a cult) and try to get them to be on their level of thinking. That is why he is always stabbing at me, cause he sees that he will not break me down, and its a challenge to him.

In the bible there r several scriptures that let u know if u dont accept the lord in ur heart u will go to hell. There is 18 inches between heaven and hell, from u brain to u heart. The devil will try to put in ur head that there is no heaven, but whats in ur heart is what is true.

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in puple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Laz'-a-rus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was bureid;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in the torments, and seeth abraham afar off, and Laz'-a-rus in his bosom
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Laz'-a-rus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

U can read further if u like.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 64
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 12:08:39 PM
So have I krypto and would much rather be the beggar. Thats my whole point. And that is correct to say that the meaning is none of us r above any other, were all the same, except the lord.

THE TRUTH IS WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART!!!!!!!
 brundle
Msg: 66
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 2:38:04 PM
Just because someones idea of heaven is bigger than someone elses doesn't negate either. The people here that seem to be argueing the most all seem to believe in the same god and the love that we should carry in our hearts because of that. Good is always good -bad is always bad. Wars start because none of us can agree which face god should have. Ever wonder if thats one of the pitfalls of choice that god wants us to work out on our own based on faith? If we can do that we can do anything. To choose love because of your faith that god is attached. To Shannon, Beauty, Silver, and Slick. You people are what makes it worthwhile. Shannon and her "devils advocate ways". To Beauty and Jimi your faith is unmatched. To Slick your openess and drive is humbling. Ruby I think is uncompromised in her love of free will. And to Silver- you take honor and personal knowledge to a whole 'nother height.
We have something.
Can we stop argueing yet?
 forthebeauty
Msg: 67
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 2:46:36 PM
MMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSS to u brundle.

I believe what I am trying to say is that we all have our views and just because mine is not the same as urs does not mean that I am right or u r right? Is that so hard to understand?
 brundle
Msg: 68
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 2:55:44 PM
I think we are all saying that...sort of. Its just hard for some of us to know from what you say that deep down in your hearts we deseve to go to hell because god talks to all his children different.
Thats all the issue is for me.
 freemind
Msg: 69
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:32:05 PM
"opinionated truth" is an oxymoron. If you're truth is an opinion, then it can't be true.

substantuated proof is true. can we agree on that?
 brundle
Msg: 70
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:39:57 PM
We can't even fully prove we exist.......This whole world could be a figment of our imaginations and there's no way for any of us to know. There is no way for us to prove proof of truth. Its all faith in one way or the other.
 freemind
Msg: 71
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:14:52 PM
Neils Bhor was a Solophist too, but he didn't argue science. He was a great physist. Even if you believe that this world is a figment of you imagination, part of your imagination is true to everyones perception. Take numbers for instance. Can your number 4 be different in my perception? I don't think so. Anything else is speculation or individual perceptions which can not be considered as truth till it is substansiated.
 brundle
Msg: 72
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:47:53 PM
But how do you know we are not perceiving a collective imagination where certain laws exist? Just because something is perceived doesn't make it real. We may think we know "4" but thats still our perception, collectively or singularily. Just because everyone else believes something to be true doesn't make it true. You may see 4 apples, but really what are you looking at? "the matrix" really highlights this.
 freemind
Msg: 74
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 6:22:00 PM
it doesn't matter if it is an imagination or not. I agree about what we believe doesn't make to true, but truth can be tested.
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 75
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 6:47:07 PM
freemind, YES ! TRUTH can be FOUND. TESTED. The TRUTH sets us FREE. I prove my TRUTH I SEEK in these ways:

Does it have : LOVE, PEACE, JOY, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, SELF-CONTROL, and GENTLENESS.

My TRUTH begins in the spirit and moves into this WORLD SYSTEM where I am apparently dwelling in a Temporal Entropic Realm and moving from corporeal BIRTH unto DEATH. This system is akin to playing baseball. I STEP up to the PLATE knowing I will hit a HOME RUN ! Hence: I am SAFE at HOME !
 freemind
Msg: 76
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 6:56:41 PM

freemind, YES ! TRUTH can be FOUND. TESTED. The TRUTH sets us FREE. I prove my TRUTH I SEEK in these ways:

Does it have : LOVE, PEACE, JOY, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, SELF-CONTROL, and GENTLENESS.

My TRUTH begins in the spirit and moves into this WORLD SYSTEM where I am apparently dwelling in a Temporal Entropic Realm and moving from corporeal BIRTH unto DEATH. This system is akin to playing baseball. I STEP up to the PLATE knowing I will hit a HOME RUN ! Hence: I am SAFE at HOME !

bad things exist too.
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 77
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 7:00:41 PM
YES indeed. I have been physically attacked. I have been evil myself. This is how come I prove my TRUTH.
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 79
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 10/24/2004 10:39:35 PM
juzamjedi, Hi ! I am not a teacher. I can tell you what I understand. These charcteristics of the TRUTH I seek are my PROOF. Am I able to manifest them at all times in this temporal realm-- NO. Does this TRUTH set me free-- YES. You see I have LIBERTY, but not all things are good for me. Therefor I test my LIBERTY in ACTION by these TRUTHS. They demostrate to me when I fail-- which is often. In this way I may learn and use the whole 9 YARDS !
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 81
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 8/4/2005 2:32:02 PM
A very good post Jimi77...
The spirit can be decived. if there is a god and a devil,satan, lucifer or what ever you want to call him. Then there is deception. judgeing by the way the world is I would say yeah there is a devil. and we are to test the things of the spirit. We are to judge them against the word of GOD.

Matthew 18:3
and said, I say truth to you [and said, Truly I say to you], but ye be turned, and [be] made as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heavens.

Matthew 19:23
And Jesus said to his disciples, I say to you truth, for a rich man of hard shall enter into the kingdom of heavens. [Forsooth Jesus said to his disciples, Truly I say to you, for of hard a rich man shall enter into the realm of heavens.]

Matthew 22:16
And they send to him their disciples, with Herodians, and said [saying], Master, we know, that thou art soothfast, and thou teachest in truth the way of God, and thou carest not of any man [and there is no care, or charge, to thee of any man], for thou beholdest not the person of men.

Mark 5:33
And the woman dreaded, and quaked, witting that it was done in her, and came, and felled down before him [Forsooth the woman dreading and trembling, witting that it was done in her, came, and fell down before him], and said to him all the truth.

Mark 12:14
Which came, and said to him [Which coming say to him], Master, we know that thou art soothfast, and reckest not of any man; for neither thou beholdest into the face of any man, but thou teachest the way of God in truth. Is it leaveful that tribute be given to the emperor [Is it leaveful to give tribute to Caesar], or we shall not give?

Mark 12:32
And the scribe said to him, Master, in truth thou hast well said; for one God is, and there is none other, except him;

Luke 1:4
that thou know the truth of those words, of which thou art learned.]

Luke 4:25
In truth I say to you, that many widows were in the days of Elias, the prophet, in Israel, when heaven was closed three years and six months, when great hunger was made in all the earth [when great hunger was made on all earth, or every land];

Luke 20:21
And they asked him, and said, Master, we know, that rightly thou sayest and teachest [And they asked him, saying, Master, we know, that thou sayest and teachest rightly]; and thou takest not the person of man, but thou teachest in truth the way of God.

John 1:14
And the word was made man, and dwelled among us, and we have seen the glory of him, as the glory of the one begotten Son of the Father, full of grace and of truth. [And the word, that is, God's Son, is made flesh, or man, and hath dwelled in us, and we have seen the glory of him, the glory as of the one begotten of the Father, the Son full of grace and truth.]

John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses; but grace and truth is made by Jesus Christ.

John 3:21
But he that doeth truth, cometh to the light, that his works be showed, that they be done in God.

John 4:23
But the time is come [But the hour cometh], and now it is, when true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for also the Father seeketh such, that worship him.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit, and it behooveth them that worship him, to worship in spirit and truth.

John 5:33
Ye sent to John, and he bare witnessing to [the] truth.

John 8:32
and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:40
But now ye seek to slay me, a man that have spoken to you [the] truth, that I heard of God; Abraham did not this thing.

John 8:44
Ye be of the father, the devil, and ye will do the desires of your father. He was a manslayer from the beginning, and he stood not in truth; for truth is not in him. When he speaketh lying [When he speaketh a lying], he speaketh of his own; for he is a liar, and father of it.

John 8:45
ut for I say truth, ye believe not to me.

John 8:46
Who of you shall reprove me of sin? if I say truth, why believe ye not to me?

John 14:6
Jesus saith to him, I am way, truth, and life; no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

John 14:16
And I shall pray the Father, and he shall give to you another comforter, the Spirit of truth, to dwell with you without end; [And I shall pray the Father, and he shall give to you another comforter, that he dwell with you into without end;]

John 14:17
which Spirit the world may not take [the Spirit of truth, which Spirit the world may not take], for it seeth him not, neither knoweth him. But ye shall know him, for he shall dwell with you, and he shall be in you.

John 15:26
But when the comforter shall come, which I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, which cometh forth of the Father [which proceedeth, or cometh forth, of the Father], he shall bear witnessing of me;

John 16:7
But I say to you truth, it speedeth to you, that I go; for if I go not forth [soothly if I shall not go away], the comforter shall not come to you; but if I go forth [forsooth if I shall go away], I shall send him to you.

Dei Gratia
Msg: 82
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:45:26 PM
Children are considered a gift from God, because they cared for older parents and carried on the family name hen the parents died. Yet children had little power and were to obey their parents completely and do as they were told. Jesus used children as an example to show that being powerful is not the way to get into God's kingdom. What God wants is obedience. See Mark 10.15 and Luke 18.17 also.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 83
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 8/4/2005 8:21:26 PM
I believe it is said to become a better acceptance into God's kingdom. The obedience and your will to do God's will of such here on earth as it is in heaven.

Oops I think I just replaced it with other....
 ASB
Msg: 84
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 8/6/2005 10:57:35 AM
Admit you're a sinner~

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross to pay for your sin and then rose from the grave to give you eternal life~

Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved. Acts 16:31

God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

God demonstrated His own love for us in this: While we were sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Through prayer, receive Jesus into your life as your Lord and Savior~

Yet to all who receive Him, to those who believe in His nam, He gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

(that's what I think)
 mikelgreco
Msg: 85
Opinion On Truth
Posted: 8/6/2005 10:17:20 PM
All I want is some truth...just give me some truth...

Going to listen my John Lennon album and will get back to you with some truth!

good thread dude.

-mic
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >