Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Breaking up and reading POF comments from the loser      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 21
Breaking up and reading POF comments from the loserPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
~OT~ I just make certain I get custody of POF should things end.
 gypsygirll
Msg: 22
Breaking up and reading POF comments from the loser
Posted: 11/10/2009 8:39:36 PM
because he isnt worth your time..
even if thinking about him can still make your stomach hurt.
even if he has been a complete douche.

the high road wins.

always.
 daynadaze
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 9:56:48 PM
No it hasn't happened to me but there's three sides to every story and it's pretty juvenile to have online fights/revenge. Some people will believe him, some will believe you and many will just laugh at you.
 _SYN_
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/10/2009 10:43:48 PM
I think it shows that you have moved on emotionally. Although it angered you to see the internet bashing, a voice inside you said "WTF do I care, I'm done with him anyway". Bickering back and forth with him in that way would just extend the relationship, dysfunctional as it may be. I'm pretty sure that was his intention... to get your attention, even if it was in a negative way. You didn't buy into it. Good for you!
 kim247365
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/11/2009 2:22:44 AM
Hey Pedro leave us Hungarians out of it
 Sabrosura
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/11/2009 7:27:53 AM
Have you ever broken up with a loser, only to come on POF and read a post where he (or she) is professing to be the victim in the relationship?

No, as I don't usually date any of the men that participate on the forums.

WOW. It was like a kick in the stomach for me, and made me so mad to read the lies that, I spent an hour composing my own post to tell all his dirty little secrets and expose him for the liar he is.

I'm sure it was not a pleasant experience to read about you/your relationship with this man on the forums.

However, aren't you doing the same? Sure you deleted the email that you poured your "heart" and emotions into, but you created this thread as a result of what he did.
 yourstillhere
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 6:25:48 PM

When people conduct bitter post-mortems in the forums, IMO, it speaks volumes about them. Good for you for not retaliating. It would've been undignified and only dragged things out, OP.

that the original plan of retaliation were deleted does not remove said retaliation.

in fact she called him a loser thus this thread actually is still someone venting about someone in the forums and is indeed a form of retaliation.
 missrealdeal39
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2013 6:29:33 AM
You should post the loser to save the next person the time and the trouble! If people would post them more there wouldn't be so many people getting CAT FISHED!
Here's a great site I found that helps ! www.plentyoflosersexposed.com great online dating safety advice, post losers, cheap background checks, forum, bad dating experiences.
 missrealdeal39
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2013 6:32:24 AM
You should post the loser to save the next person the time and the trouble! If people would post them more there wouldn't be so many people getting CAT FISHED!
Here's a great site I found that helps ! www.plentyoflosersexposed.com great online dating safety advice, post losers, cheap background checks, forum, bad dating experiences.
 SWEET_MAVERICK
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/4/2013 7:06:54 AM
Hi OP, years ago I did date a man from pof & told him about the forums.

After a few months he started threads complaining about me- he was totally insane- I was exhausted from my FT job, taking care of my house, menopause, & raising my 2 sons, plus after the fact I found out i had a severe vitamin deficiencies. He accused me of cheating & came on here & went on & on how I fell asleep on a saturday nite- he did many other threads that i was not controlling, therefore i must be cheating. ad nauseum. He was such a pain that I did break up w/ him.

After that I was done w/ POF.

My advice- ignore & go to a pay site.

PS- he was unemployed/out on disability, had too much time on his hands & I found out AFTERWARDS he was CHEATING/MEETING other WOMEN!

Classic masking/projecting.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2013 7:26:58 AM
Personally, I think it is wrong to do that, but not surprised that it happens
 HonkyTonk_Woman
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/4/2013 7:49:23 AM
I'm with you Jlynn......For me...I have seen a few threads...One I can remember was started by a guy...complaining about his recent break up and his version of the story!! The woman did show up and dispute his story and her side of the story was quite a bit different....imagine that!!
It was rather comical....he didn't even argue or protest her version of events....just disappeared.

I have to say...Unless it's a generic incident or a question...I don't know "why" anyone would post their business on the forums? Thinking of a particular thread...right now, that should be deleted....imo.
Ego...attention getting(trolling)....I don't know.??
It makes it entertaining...that's for sure!
 daynadaze
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2013 10:36:19 AM
The reason you don't call the person out is because it's against the rules here and for a good reason, how would anyone know which one of you was lying? It sucks to be the real loser, that should be good enough and then move on. Anyone who deals with a real loser is going to see them for who they are, unless they like that kind of person, either way, what good is it going to do you to get into a pissing war on a message board? All it does is make both of you look like losers. You are not allowed to out that person and that person is not allowed to out you, so only the two of you will know who each other is talking about, it's just juvenile, I get that it feels good to get it out but in public, on a message board, it just makes you two the same. As for women needing a warning, good grief, if grown women can't find out that a man is a jerk on their own, before they get involved, then maybe they shouldn't be dating. I don't need to be warned, I'm capable of knowing a jerk from a decent person.
 sigungq
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2013 3:11:51 PM
OP, it's just a forum. I rarely take forumers too seriously.
 sigungq
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2013 3:42:33 PM
^^And so it was that later, as the miller told his tale, that her face, at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale^^
 Maleman999
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/4/2013 4:00:01 PM

4 year old thread. OP's no longer here. No longer seeking advice and has hopefully moved on.
Besides, we're not actually certain which one was the "loser" now are we?

True. And what guys will see is a bitter woman with a lot of baggage because she can't let go of the past, which would make her bad dating material.
 aanarchist
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/4/2013 5:17:19 PM
Losers being losers, that's life nothing new. You deleted the post because you realized he wasn't worth another ounce of your energy.
 gtomustang
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/4/2013 8:57:25 PM
1)invite a loser into your life, get their behavior for free :)
no, really...we all tend to go after someone who's hot, ignoring their red flags...and then we're amazed to find out we aren't different from their other victims.
2)the last internet forum I was part of, the person owning the site pointed out that idiot behavior was like a fart at a dinner party--just act like it never happened, and it quickly disappears as if, you know, it didn't happen. call attention to it, however, and it never goes away.
3)if he didn't mention you by name in the post, who would know it was about you? unless you post in response, then everyone knows its about you. The Japanese have a saying, "never argue with a fool--soon people cannot tell who the fool is."
4)i can take a good guess why you didn't post your response. hopefully you know why, too--it will tell you a lot about yourself.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/4/2013 9:32:23 PM
The interesting thing about history between two people?

Sometimes both can have WILDLY different takes, and neither is fully wrong. Because it is based on two people's perception. And sometimes someone can sound like they're venting and they're actually not; they're just stating facts but it can feel like a slap in the face when the subject happens to be you.

SOMETIMES it is one person causing the majority of it; but frequently there is a disconnect on where each person's coming from; which causes communication breakdowns and misunderstandings and hurt feelings.

So both people are raw; both people blame each other, and they are both right, and they are both wrong.

So having the battle in a public forum probably isn't the best way to resolve anything; and it will inflame a bunch of other people with some shared hot buttons with one of the two people in conflict.

Kudos OP on not responding in kind; though remember sometimes if you are raw words can pack more of a punch than are sometimes intended.

But usually if one is legitimately ranting and you respond in like frame of mind? Things can snowball in a hurry; and veryone looks bad. Sticking to the high road can be frustrating; but it can also keep you above the mud :)
 missrealdeal39
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2014 4:23:42 PM
Avoid dating LOSERS and educate yourself on online dating at PLENTY OF LOSERS EXPOSED . Com
 daynadaze
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2014 4:56:17 PM
You should read the rules, you can't post another members name and call them a loser, and you know why, because who knows who is telling the truth. As for catfishing, no one would ever get catfished if they would take responsibility for them self and didn't have a fake relationship online with a total stranger.
 Maleman999
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/22/2014 5:10:44 PM
Why has this 5 year old post been regurgitated? Aren't there enough threads already with the same theme-boy meets girl on dating site, does not end in a fairy tale ending, bitter person posts, whines and blames other person?
 cooldog65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2014 5:30:54 PM
^^^^^ I have noticed this trend lately of numerous old threads coming to life.

@missrealdeal39

I see you're promoting your website. Major forum violation (msg. 86, 87, and 99).
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/22/2014 5:43:57 PM

Avoid dating LOSERS and educate yourself on online dating at PLENTY OF LOSERS

Perhaps we need to debunk the idea of what a loser is. What is a loser? A man, woman that loses a lot? Or is it perhaps the person that only lives by the lines define by society and is afraid to take chances, and while they look like conforming people, they are afraid of their own shadows and pursue anything.

In fact the most successfull people I know, ARE BIG LOSERS. They did not give up, they kept losing and losing, until they got a little hit here, little hit there and once they had a toe hold kept going at it relentlessly.

Personally I pity the type of woman that makes fun of losers. I find such shallow attitude not worth my salt, my time, my breath or even my thoughts. These are the type of woman that likes you and pretend to love you when the money is rolling, when things look good, but the moment things go south, times get tough, they book.

Now if the word LOSER is used to identify something else, such a people with no spine, lack of character, morals, then please call it what it is.
 DragonBits
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/22/2014 6:33:58 PM

Avoid dating LOSERS and educate yourself on online dating at PLENTY OF LOSERS EXPOSED . Com

Aren't you the creator of that web site plenty of losers? I see you in the video. Aren't you just promoting your own web site?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Breaking up and reading POF comments from the loser