Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Against the grain: Do any other single parents have zero troubles in      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 heterotic
Msg: 16
Against the grain: Do any other single parents have zero troubles in the dating department?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

i dont think its neccesarily hard for single moms to get a date, just harder to find one that will stick around.

Chances are that exact same woman, without a child, had a hard time finding one that would stick around.
 OSUguy99
Msg: 17
Against the grain: Do any other single parents have zero troubles in the dating department?
Posted: 6/17/2009 11:35:41 PM
granted, it is not only a single moms burden, but it at least makes it a tad more tricky for the mom. im not at all saying it should be but it is.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 18
Against the grain: Do any other single parents have zero troubles in the dating department?
Posted: 6/18/2009 2:19:35 AM
bosoxfan, I'm glad you're my pof forum friend.

The more I actually read your posts, the more I respect you.

Responsiblity and a capable attitude is sexy.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 3:34:53 PM
I have a lot going on for me. I am not trying to brag, I will get to my point shortly. Yet I still have "difficultly" dating. See eariler post. I sometimes wonder if that is because I'm not a Disney dad. Their loss. Oh well. I don't think Bosoxfan is bragging. She's just cute with lots going on for her.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 3:45:27 PM
Every other weekend. Several weeks in the summer, and evey other holiday. Generally considered guilt ridden, and try to buy affection or aswage missing time with gifts etc. I have my son everyday. Sometimes his half sister too. Like this evening. I have him from the time that I get off work. Drive across town to pick him up from daycare. Have him until 800pm. Start my drive back across town 30 mins prior. I have him Friday night till Sunday afternoon/evening. Right now I will be watching both childern till about 10pm so their mother can work. However, I manage all that I do.
 heterotic
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/18/2009 3:58:12 PM
I generally try to be non-abrasive, since it's tasteless to be a jerk, but does anyone else get the feeling bosoxfaninwa is bragging or something along those lines? One post basically says 'hey, I'm a single mom and have men lining up to date me, so why are other mom's whining?' and another seems to say 'well, if she's a mom and can't find a decent guy, she must just be a loser regardless'.

I don't view what you've written as being abrasive at all.

However, I'm not bragging.

I look at these single mothers' words and their outlook on men and their lives, and I can just see why they have problems dating. I never said anyone was a loser, in general. I'm not even talking to single moms when I'm discussing the issue of dating. I'm talking to men that have either had poor experiences dating single mothers, or the ones they know leave a lot to be desired, because there are plenty of women they would probably enjoy dating and the child may not even be an issue. I don't think any viewpoint that limits your ability to meet someone that you would enjoy spending time with is a good thing to have.

I don't think that by expressing that I consider myself to be an incredible woman with a lot to offer, and that men notice that, is bragging. If you feel like you don't have that going for you, that's too bad. You should either reassess yourself and make some changes or start telling yourself you have a lot to offer.

And I certainly don't think it has anything to do with the fact that I'm not horribly unattractive. Plenty of very attractive single mothers on these boards have expressed their inability to "find a good man".

And realistically speaking, people make excuses all of the time as to why they have trouble finding love. People also make up reasons that have been deemed acceptable and non-arguable for not being into someone, myself included.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Against the grain: Do any other single parents have zero troubles in the dating department?