Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Is Smelling Bad a Bad Sign?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 guitarguy10
Msg: 49
Is Smelling Bad a Bad Sign?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You need to drink More water.
 smartypants24
Msg: 50
Is Smelling Bad a Bad Sign?
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:43:49 PM
If you're exercising to lose body fat, the smell could be coming from your body breaking down old stores of fat...depending on what your diet was like when those fat cells were created, that could be the source of the smell...I know when I first started losing weight, my natural smell changed for awhile
 kpooks
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 8:29:07 AM
Shower BEFORE exercising...AND after.

Don't know what kind of food you're eating, but, kosher or not, food odor oozes out in the sweat.
 darktranquility2526
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 3:44:37 PM
You only shower once a day? .... There's your problem right there imo.
 FalconDear
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 3:55:25 PM
Hmmm... being Jewish myself, the religious slants on some of these responses are stupid.

That said, he could be in a state of detoxifying his body. He could be in ketosis. He could be taking way too much fish oil supplements. Some protein shakes cause people to smell funny, at least to me. There are reasons why but would think that your supplementation has something to do with it.
 haildestroyer
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/7/2009 11:39:00 PM
Are you really taking pro hormones, working out for an 1.5 hours, A crap tonne of supplements, only showering afterwards, and asking us why you smell bad?

Read that list over and if that's the case GO SEE A DOCTOR.
You are probably highly damaging your liver/kidneys man.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 11:46:52 PM
Atitude to self
~sc~
 89*4L
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/9/2009 3:13:18 PM
That is a scary thought. "but my concern is whether internally I am decaying or something?" What about this thought instead- "but my concern is whether internally WE are decaying or something". And the truth is- yes. We are all slowly decaying externally and internally alike. It is also known as aging. Don't think you are alone. Have you ever heard about that study on lab rats or mice, I don't know whether it's rats or mice. But they tried feeding one group of rats/mice a higher calorie diet and the other a lower calorie diet. What they found was the rats/mice fed the lower calorie diet to live longer. Makes some sense. The more food you eat, the faster your metabolism works. Your metabolism is the process in which your body destroys and repairs itself. Exercise also boosts your metabolism. You may be prematurely aging yourself and not knowing it. Stress of all kinds also increase aging, because your body and mind are forced to respond to stress. I don't know a lot about supplements, but would advise to steer clear of them. There's no miracle cure or miracle drug. Drugs and supplements are not one way streets in that they only do you good. There's always going to be some bad that comes with them. You need to eat a well rounded diet that is full of variety. Only exercise if it makes you happy. Do what makes you feel good.
 veganluv
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/9/2009 10:38:09 PM
GO VEGAN

Stop eating DEAD carcuses!

Stop drinking COW PUS!!

U will smell like FRUIT!

YOU are what you eat..
You smell like it too...

(just think - people from India - CURRY)
 NJRiser!
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/9/2009 10:56:20 PM
It is true what they say about exercise! It does prematurely age you, but that is the only option we have to lose weight. There are exercises like yoga, pilates and other exercises that does not, age you. This was shown in a health magazine article I read about true age. That is why a lot of athletes look older, the more strenous the exercise like running or lifting very heavy weights the older you look. Sorry, it is just a fact, and im a person that goes to gym every week. So, im not just saying this to be rude or against exercise. You might be in shape and look healthier, but your face and skin accelerates into looking older!

In the article I read that certain activities and stress takes years off of our true age, just as certain activities put years on. It is not that exercise like pilates or walking are bad, it is the heavy lifting and and intense cardio that wears down on our bodies. The writer explained as eventhough we dont think about this way, dont you think someone that works on a chain gang or coal mine seems to age fast. Wouldnt you attribute that to a lot of heavy lifting and constant standing. It just wears the body down, on the other hand you might view them as having great bodies for all that work.

That is the reason why on all of these exercise shows they tell you to exercise in moderation. If exercise was so good for you, than they would tell you do it as much as you want. It is not as good long term as most people would believe, when it is strenous.

Ravensworth
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/10/2009 8:56:09 AM
Talk to your doctor...and my sympathies for the apparent roid rage expressed by someone who seems to have low self esteem, as evidenced in a need to belittle your honest concern.
 satx78218
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 12:21:01 PM
"is the only option we have to lose weight."

totally false.

exercise to be fit

eat to lose and maintain lean weight
 kayleegirl
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/17/2009 12:28:20 AM
especially if you notice this or your friend notices a smell about you at the gym it could be your clothing. another person described it, we used to call it instant funk shirt because it would activate the smell after you put it on and your body moisture and heat made contact with the materials

if you can not replace your gym clothes right now, wash them in washload of bleach (about a cup poured into the washer when it is full, before you add your clothes

is this noticed when you are dressed in other clothing?

don't worry this is not you being decayed from the inside out, good grief where would you get such an idea. you would be sick and you would know it.
 Aero_100_
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/17/2009 2:39:12 PM
instead of asking all the pretend online doctors go see you family doctor and discuss your concerns with him or her
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Is Smelling Bad a Bad Sign?