Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Cuddling and touching after sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 6
Cuddling and touching after sexPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The problem with cuddling is that in no time she wants to do it again.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Cuddling and touching after sex
Posted: 6/19/2009 2:31:36 PM

if we're both hot and sweaty and trying to catch our breath...the cuddling can wait a minute....

Yeah.. this. Once we cool down and can breathe again, I like cuddling.. but that means him spooning me normally until I fall asleep then he goes and raids the fridge. It's all good.. ;)
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/19/2009 3:03:10 PM

I'm not a cuddler. I'm a 'kick you out of my bed and make you leave my place so I can get some sleep' kind of gal

I'm starting to think we were separated at birth...sorta...
 DAVE632
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2009 4:03:19 PM
As much skin to skin contact DURING sex and even more AFTER sex. IMHO, if you don't want to be THAT close to your lover before, during and especially AFTER making love you should save it for when you're with somebody you do feel that way about. Being with anybody you don't feel that way about just cheapens the feelings when you spooon later.

For the "kick 'em out" ladies, thanks for the headsup. Why bother with a HUMAN if that's all the emotion you feel during or after THE greatest thing two people can share. What you should concentrate on is fresh batteries and an OFF switch.

SAD!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/19/2009 5:04:27 PM

For the "kick 'em out" ladies, thanks for the headsup. Why bother with a HUMAN if that's all the emotion you feel during or after THE greatest thing two people can share. What you should concentrate on is fresh batteries and an OFF switch.

SAD!

Not all people need to do sleepovers in relationships. If you only sleep well in your bed with no one else in it, then it doesn't make you sad. It makes you someone who likes to sleep undisturbed and without being smothered.

To each his own.

P.S. I like my dildos to be human, thanks.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:21:23 AM
alot of ladies have said they like to cuddle until they fall asleep, well how do i un cuddle without waking you up.

You don't. You get up and go - once I fall asleep once, I can go back to sleep easily enough if woken up. No worries.

Then again my "cuddle" is less intense, so there's not a lot you have to move.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/20/2009 6:14:12 PM
^^^I don't throw someone out right away, I will cuddle for a short time till I do start to fall asleep if it's my place...so it's not that abrupt. If I am not tired, maybe longer. Long as I can have the bed to myself once I am tired, I'm good.

If we have somewhere to be, then naturally we'd get up and go do whatever it is we had to...cuddling is counterproductive if you're not planning on sleeping after sex for me.

It's not selfish, it's just different.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/21/2009 11:53:57 AM

And who said the person being kicked out of bed wanted to stay? That's not selfish. That's practical. Stop being selfish and thinking your way is the only way. And there's no difference, in my world, to making love and having sex.

Exactly. Cuddling for a while but not perpetually does not make the experience a total waste of time, unless that's how you'd feel in which case you're dealing with a projection there, not an objective opinion.

Again, I don't mind cuddling until I fall asleep, I actually like it. Once I am in sleep mode however then you have to give me space. One could say that if I want space and the other doesn't then they aren't considering what I want. That's just as unfair.

Pffft.
 gunnerlee2
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 11:58:23 AM
You know, at this point in my life, I would be happy just to be having sex, lol.
 Cowboybt5
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/23/2009 9:32:06 PM
Janet, I laughed out loud because I can see myself doing just that.

Communication like that is priceless. :- )
 jojoaus
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 7:42:58 PM
All for it- love the sound of his heartbeat beginnng to slow afterwards, the (usually) slightly slippery feel of sweaty skin yada yada... We are both rather hot people (temp. wise, not as in hawt... lol) so cuddles/spooning may need tempering with just hand touching or feet-nestling. His biggest thing after sex is to have me run my fingers all over his back, stroking, kneading lightly etc. He could take hours of that!!! And I love doing it for him. Cuddles and touch are very important to me after making love.
 1glassslipper
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/26/2009 4:27:51 PM
Really, once then you fall asleep?!?

Cuddling and touching always lead to more. It is OK to stop after once, fall asleep or leave? All these years I never knew!!! Think of all the sleep I missed out on......
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/27/2009 5:35:52 AM
^^^If you don't like her, why would you be there in the first place?
 Donna7488
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:32:55 AM
I love touching, cuddling, and kissing after sex. Of course, if the person I am with is one of those roll over and go to sleep kind of person, I do call them out on it. You need to make sure of how the person feels. Some people have been single for a while and are so used to having their space, that it takes time for them to get used to having someone close to them.
 wacowboy3
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/13/2009 10:20:33 AM
Thought I would bring this back up and see some new responses. Perhaps I should have titled this Cuddling and touching after making love. I believe foreplay begins evey morning, long before lovemaking begins. Lovemaking dosent end with the big O for me, I prefer to hold my S/O afterwards relaxing and touching because we shared an intimate moment with each other . What do you think ? Steve
 FL CO
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 7:42:12 PM

The problem with cuddling is that in no time she wants to do it again

How is that a problem?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/14/2009 5:41:54 AM

I can cuddle after cooling down but without it.....well.....what's the point.....why not just screw like rabbits in the woods and leave....

Sex without the comcomittant intimacy and closeness.....ug...might as well just get a sex toy.....not worth the bother with a human you care so little about.

Not everything is an "I do it, cause people who don't are wrong" type of thing. If you like something, fine. Respect that some don't without trying to make them abnormal.

Can't we express opinion without throwing stones?

Cuddling and caring aren't necessarily related. Not cuddling doesn't mean you're not intimate. Projections are so short sighted.
 FL CO
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2009 7:38:23 AM

Blech, I dont like cuddling, before , during or after....

My ex-wife said "Foreplay can come later". No lie, her exact words. Sounds like you to have the same mind set
 wacowboy3
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/15/2009 10:02:45 AM
I origonally started this thread to to get some honest responses. It seems that it has instead turning into a Your wrong thread. No one is wrong in there beliefs, just different . For me , I need a woman that loves to snuggle, give and recieve PDA's , and especially after sharing our mind , body , and soul with each other , wants to remain close , cuddle, stroke , and enjoy the afterglow of what we just shared. Lets get back on topic and respect each other.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2009 4:06:22 PM
sex can be great.............. making love is the best...............being intimate and cuddling during...and after is the ultimate....real men know this.. women are funny like that...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/19/2011 9:52:32 AM

I think if you did not bring your woman to orgasm, the consolation prize is cuddling. If you do bring her to multiple orgasm, either she goes to sleep right away or she stays awake and cries (then again she needs cuddling).

Crying? I just noticed that. Really? Who cries during sex?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Cuddling and touching after sex