Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gunner4570
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Kudos to the Coffee Lovin Lawyer! Well said! Bravo!
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 77
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 9/14/2014 1:06:12 PM
I don't know...ask my neighbor to light a cigarette since I don't smoke?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 78
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 9/15/2014 7:30:53 AM

If after 4 dates he dashes, he would have done so after 20 dates.

I agree with this statement. This whole idea of sex withholding so the man will fall in love first is totally ludicrous. The only time I think is not good is on that first date. They most of the time end up as one night stands. But any time after that, if the energy is there and it feels right, go for it. Yes there are guys that are simply looking to score.

The guy is going to dump you if the sex sucks regardless of if it was in the 20th date or the 2 date. I had sex with the woman I married on the second date. My now girlfriend, we had lunch for a second date, and she invited me to have a glass of wine at her house that evening. We didn't drink that much wine.

So, to the women. Sex withholding is not going to work. What is going to work is that YOU ask the guy questions. If he has three dates a week, is not looking for anything serious. Or pretend that he does, but is having a hell of a great time, guess what? He's still sawing his oats. If they guy has done all his dating and tell you (with honesty) that he wants something more monogamous, that will give you an idea of where he is. Then it should not be a matter of second, third, or fourth, but when you feel like you want to fvck him. Not to capture him, but to enjoy him.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 9/15/2014 9:43:39 AM
If I prefer to wait till I know someone better, I don't consider that "withholding".

And yeah, holding off may not work for you, but you are not all guys.
 Dee4166
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 9/15/2014 11:53:23 AM
So, to the women. Sex withholding is not going to work. What is going to work is that YOU ask the guy questions. If he has three dates a week, is not looking for anything serious. Or pretend that he does, but is having a hell of a great time, guess what? He's still sawing his oats. If they guy has done all his dating and tell you (with honesty) that he wants something more monogamous, that will give you an idea of where he is. Then it should not be a matter of second, third, or fourth, but when you feel like you want to fvck him. Not to capture him, but to enjoy him.

While some women engage in this as a control measure, not all women do...As Strawberry....said,sometimes I would like to know who I'm sleeping with before I do so...
As for "enjoying him" rather than "capturing" him...Please, what does that mean???? Sounds like the perpetuation of a stereotypical woman who's out to "snag" herself a husband?!?!? I mean, REALLY? In this day and age?
Men don't want to all be painted with the same brush and neither do women. I have never personally "captured" any man, that implies ownership and possession neither of which are conducive to a healthy relationship which is ultimately what I, myself, am looking for....
As for the ops question, I'd put it in the "oh well, better luck next time" category and move on....
 Archie574
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 9/27/2014 12:49:11 PM
What's the big deal??? Many men have masterbated after coming home 'dry' after 4 dates...
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 82
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 9/27/2014 1:07:51 PM
Sexpectations are not good to have. I don't know what a man is supposed to do after sex, but does that imply that there is something I am expected to do after sex?

Depending on the time a day, it might look like:

getting in the shower and going to work
calling in late because I needed a nap in the morning after a long night
calling out to stay home and make it a marathon
getting something to eat and drink, watch a little tv until food is digested and go at it again
sleeping like a baby
having some sort of philosophical enlightenment talk
talking about how that went and what I liked
having some sort of epiphany and coming up with my next project

That's assuming he is staying, if not, well, it goes just as usual only without him there, lmao

If it's about communication and how soon should that be expected, that depends if sex went well. Men are not shy to make plans shortly after to keep it going. If it didn't go well, they may scout and depending on the results, you may be called again or be made to warm the bench.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 83
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 9/27/2014 8:42:24 PM

What's the big deal??? Many men have masterbated after coming home 'dry' after 4 dates...

After??? Dude, you're going out there with a loaded gun! You've got the baby batter on the brain!
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 84
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/1/2014 2:49:39 PM

getting in the shower and going to work
calling in late because I needed a nap in the morning after a long night
calling out to stay home and make it a marathon
getting something to eat and drink, watch a little tv until food is digested and go at it again
sleeping like a baby
having some sort of philosophical enlightenment talk
talking about how that went and what I liked
having some sort of epiphany and coming up with my next project

Da mn, I love this list. I was going to add having a little kinky talk, but you got it covered in "talking about how it went."
 Walts
Msg: 85
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/2/2014 4:16:50 AM

Can some of the guys please comment on what behavior women should expect after sex

I'm usually found running around the room throwing confetti and bursting balloons.

Sometimes, I've been known to light up a couple of firecrackers.

Of course, then, there is the whiskey.
 petula1908
Msg: 86
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/17/2014 4:57:58 AM
It has been two days only!!. Just because you have had sex he is not obligated to call you. You hardly know each other and he was polite enough to thank you which actually I would take as a sign that he doesnt want to repeat it, at least any time soon. Why are you hurt???? Sex should be a mutual pleasure and not something that is "given up" You are old enough to know that having sex doesnt change anything if there are no deeper feelings involved. He may have someone else, be married or whatever, you wouldnt know after such a short time.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 87
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/17/2014 6:58:43 AM
If the sex was good he will be in touch again.

If the sex was good AND he liked you, he will text you non-stop afterwards. If he REALLY digs you, he'll friend you in FB while you're still in bed with him.

If the sex was good but no connection/chemistry, he will do the fade away.

If all he wanted was sex and doesn't care about anything else, cue the crickets.

That has been my experience anyways.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 88
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/17/2014 7:08:13 AM

If the sex was good AND he liked you, he will text you non-stop afterwards. If he REALLY digs you, he'll friend you in FB while you're still in bed with him.

And take a selfie of the two of you and use as your facebook page.

The problem with "if the sex is good and he liked you he would text you non-stop afterwards is... that you do text, but it evolves quickly into sexthing. Which can be fun when both are on the same page.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 89
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/17/2014 9:37:51 AM
The problem with "if the sex is good and he liked you he would text you non-stop afterwards is... that you do text, but it evolves quickly into sexthing. Which can be fun when both are on the same page.
-----

Actually, my experience has been that the sexting occurred BEFORE sex took place for the first time. AFTER that was "out of the way" so to speak, I never sexted again with those guys, it became a lot more personal and about feelings, etc.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 90
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/17/2014 12:18:36 PM

Actually, my experience has been that the sexting occurred BEFORE sex took place for the first time.

Uhhh. I've never even mentioned sex before we actually meet. Not the first date or even second date. I've found out that turns women off big time. Yet some women, start sexual conversation before hand to test guys. Every time I kept with her in the sexual innuendo before meeting, the whole thing got blocked.

Interestingly enough after my girlfriend an I already had sex, she sent me some brisque comment and I escalated. Then later on she told me that the thought at first that I was more conservative and liked the fact that I went there.

But no, I agree with you, before you actually have sex, it's a no no.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 91
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/17/2014 9:05:55 PM
IG, the guys I'm referring to were supposed to be hookups, so there was heavy sexting going on before we met in person. After the "deed" was gone, things got very touchy-feely and sex was replaced with emotions. This one guy started sending me poems he made up about me. So sweet. We never sexted again, only talked about deep stuff afterwards. Funny how things can turn out.
 dardikadrake
Msg: 92
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 10/27/2014 10:51:43 PM
I think you should text him back...then call him....then text him again....then call him....then...,you know, do that about ten times in two days, make sure he understands how you feel about his neglecting you....yea that should get his attentiion
 vermeth
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 11/22/2014 5:04:34 PM
I think women should expect that after i have had sex with them i will try new stuff next time like my patented donkey punch, or a cincinatti juicebox.

If your date called to thank you for that night of sex it probably meant that he didn't feel you were up to his expectations, but you get an A for effort. :)
 ozsealady1
Msg: 94
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 11/22/2014 9:45:35 PM
My favourite behaviour of a man after sex is him cooking me breakfast.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 95
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/1/2014 2:01:50 PM
Jeeze dude, you just ruined a Hallmark moment.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 96
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/1/2014 6:08:08 PM

You DEFINITELY need to come to the States. ;o)
 CTRLvector
Msg: 97
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/2/2014 3:27:13 AM
Depending on the guy, what you should expect can vary to the point that really you can expect anything from way too clingy to a guy who basically hit it and quit it.

If you don't know the truth, and can't discern a guys intent.... don't sleep with him.
 CharminC
Msg: 98
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/2/2014 8:11:50 AM

Correction, the morning after sex is the favorite behaviour ...then breakfast.
Sex after breakfast is even better.
 Supersoulson
Msg: 99
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/2/2014 8:57:49 AM
^^^^^ Now THERE'S a woman with her priorities straight !
 ozsealady1
Msg: 100
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/6/2014 2:22:04 PM
CharminC... you are quite right.

I stand corrected.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >