Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Mainly for the guys...cause this is the root of the question girls always seem to be askingPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm putting on my man hat, giggle. I think when you start to realize that there are a few things that aren't particularly endearing or something that is an actual read flag or deal breaker, it becomes difficult to see that as trumping the good, but what exactly that is depends on both people I suspect.
 parklabrea
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Mainly for the guys...cause this is the root of the question girls always seem to be asking
Posted: 6/21/2009 2:40:26 PM
1) I find a fish tank and a goat in the bedroom.
2) It turns out she has John McCain's name tattooed on her ass.
3) She snores louder than I do.
4) She keeps staring at women's breasts and mumbling, "Oh, my, my, aren't those fine."
5) She redecorates my house in the style of ancient Rome, including a miniture Forum in the living room, while I'm away for the weekend.
6) She lights candles when we make love and I spend the whole time worrying that the curtains won't catch on fire.
7) She wakes me up at 3 a.m. because she wants me to go outside and share in nature's bounty.
8) It turns out she's filed her teeth because it makes it easier to eat raw meat.
9) She always likes to be on top and screams, "Who's my ****?!"
10) There's a spittoon in her car.
 stunt groom
Msg: 5
Mainly for the guys...cause this is the root of the question girls always seem to be asking
Posted: 6/21/2009 3:26:40 PM
Possesiveness, Bad in bed, Bad in the kitchen , bad breath, too dumb... Too smart..

This reminds me of an ex I had. She said her mother told her she only had to be good on one room of the house to keep a man.. I was always wondering which room it was.. I was thinking of, even, adding a room to see if it might help..
 readyornot57
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:48:47 PM
A big one for me is when I am "not allowed" to voice my opinion on anything that is different than what she thinks without receiving a five minute character assassination in return. This is never disclosed in the beginning of a relationship.

Also, when the things she used to "love" about me are now referred to in sneering tones.
 stunt groom
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:53:36 PM

A big one for me is when I am "not allowed" to voice my opinion on anything that is different than what she thinks without receiving a five minute character assassination in return. This is never disclosed in the beginning of a relationship.

Also, when the things she used to "love" about me are now referred to in sneering tones.

I'm of the opinion that females don't want 'our' opinion they want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice...

I also agree with the snoring thing. Although 'some' snoring is kinda cute. And I don't like man hands. I like small hands on a woman .. She shoudn't be able to palm my butt..
 sweetest
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 6:09:47 PM

If I don’t feel beautiful, that would be an indicator of something being missing… the same as the man I’m involved with would need to see his beauty reflected in my eyes… he needs to see his value reflected.er had was with a past lover.

^^^I agree with pssst. I can see this an explanation for arriving at that overall feeling. The recent "my girlfriend told me the best sex she's ever had" thread had the op's girlfriend cite this very thing as the reason she found her ex the best lover. If at the end of the day if the attachment to that person does not at a bedrock level make you feel special--like you're special to them, then why bother?
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/21/2009 7:44:41 PM
Only one instant deal breaker that I really remember clearly, I was out on a lunch with a really pretty girl I had been chatting with for a while and after our plates arrived......she started picking her nose.

Game over.
 Mrblackromance
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/21/2009 11:05:18 PM
for me it is the woman wants to move to quick or has a lot of baggage and trust issues
 gustheguidedog
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 2:16:30 AM
For me, I found I had to give her her marching orders when I heard the sensor alarm in my wallet go off! Having a wallet alarm makes me sound a real scrooge but as a blind guy I have to take precautions.
 readyornot57
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 4:41:54 AM
Diablera Bruja
I don't think many of the answers here are serious, that they are here for comedy value. I think the "lists" are things that, one or two may be tolerable, but all ten aren't.

My answer was serious....when someone criticizes another for everything to the point where depression sets in, it is truly time to leave.

As far as men being more "needy" I agree with you, but is it "needy" or simply control issues masked as "needy?"
Finally, I remember from other threads your views on waiting for sex until marriage.
Maybe, by staying somewhat distant, you are trying to reduce the temptation factor for both of you? Just a thought that I know may be without merit....but just wondering.
 19justice78
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 6:27:47 AM
Well now I must be different. I don't and haven't had one of these moments. Of course I avoid all the stuff that complicates or makes a relationship ugly. Living together, spending the night, visiting family, and staying away from the kids, oh yea doing a criminal background check, and a financial check (last is only in the event of marriage). By the time the relationship gets to these things I'm hooked and there really isn't much that can occur that would make me walk away. Cause by this time it's called love, right??? And your question wouldn't apply.
 daveincarson
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:45:46 AM
Not sure why women are answering your question when it was asking for a guys opinion.. oh well.. here are a few things in my expereince:

1. I find out she has slept with a lot of men she didn't know well. If she doesn't respect her body, she isn't respecting herself. A slut is pretty much a "1" for me no matter how good she looks.

2. If she starts to brag about herself. This especially pisses me off when they are overweight, have no education, used to use drugs, and can't seem to hold a steady job. All they are doing is trying to make excuses for their shortcomings. I see through all that crap eventually.

3. If she uses excessive foul language. It's just not feminine when a woman swears like a sailor.

4. If she has 2-3 kids from 2-3 different fathers.. That is a huge red flag!

5. If she doesn't know how to cook.. (that is more of a personal preference for me..)

Those are the basics.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:42:57 AM
1. He proves to be a jealous person.
2. Everything is okay as long as he is orchestrating everything.
3. He makes me feel like I have acquired a fourth child.
4. He has become a pain in the ass.
5. We have started keeping score.
6. If I feel like I have to be uberly precise in choosing my words because they will be twisted to mean something else.
7. Five texts within 10 minutes of my departure including do you miss me?
8. That lightbulb moment when you say who is this and why am I here?
Happy now?
 ileft
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 10:01:53 AM
see all this makes me think, if you guys are getting bored with her than do you ever think you might be doing something that's making her less appealing to be with?
 hungry_joe
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 4:47:02 PM
Other then me being fickle.
They aren't as intellectually interesting as I once thought.
They become overly clingy.
They start to try and change me or my home.
They don't pull there weight.
They don't try to put effort into the relationship anymore (only LTR)
I just don't find them physically attractive anymore. Like I said I'm fickle.
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 10:38:59 PM

Sorry PDx3~...no ambiguous answers allowed. Perhaps an example or three would help.

I can give you two!

- A Russian immigrant who had lived something of an aristocratic life back home dating a mob son, told me over dinner that "She couldn't be friends with people less intelligent than her - Just didn't want to associate with them."

- Another one had a less subtle red flag - Her "toxic" ex who wouldn't take no for an answer, somehow snuck back into her bed... And got her pregnant. Um, yeah...
 Yquequezz
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 10:40:08 PM
#5 and 11!!
LMFAO.

Number five is quite common as I'm yet to meet anyone, male or female, who are as smart as they conceive themselves to be. Unfortunately visual beauty does not always proclaim superior intellect. But ....

Number eleven because usually you realize this when your starting to get deeper into the relationship. And it's like OMG my pet bunny is now in danger!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >