Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are men on here really interested in marriage      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ozsealady1
Msg: 116
Are men on here really interested in marriagePage 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Tarnished_Knight
If you are coming to the wedding please ensure your joints do not creak and polish your armour till it gleams. Otherwise how will I see the gleam in Clooney's eye?

Please also make sure you have buoyancy under the armour or you will sink rather than walk on water.
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Are men on here really interested in marriage
Posted: 3/21/2015 7:34:14 AM

pps. I cannot have children, too old and have had the ladies operation.
Does that mean I am doomed and never marry again.

I am not saying that. My response was solely related to the OP's age, obligations and current state of responsibilities.

Men will still get married when both parties are on equal footing. ( financial and otherwise.)
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2015 12:41:04 PM
ozsealady instructed TK:
Tarnished_Knight
If you are coming to the wedding please ensure your joints do not creak and polish your armour till it gleams.

Darlin',

No can do; were I to do as instructed and polish my armour (sic), 1) I would be busy til the day that Excaliber was once again removed from the stone, and 2) much to my chagrin the tarnish is more than just a surface blemish - I'm afraid I must be the Tarnished_Knight until the path I follow leadeth me to the maiden of my fate. It is she, and only she, who wouldst have the ability and patience to assist me in removing this burden I bear.

Besides, were I able to polish said protection to such a gleam as to allow the visage of yon "Clooney's Eye," I would forthwith have to change my handle. Who would I then be? The gleaming Knight, the Shining Knight, heaven forbid I would sully the title of "Knight in Shining Armour!" Further, were it possible that all the above could indeed happen, I would be naught but a lie in glittering repose.

Thank you for the kind thoughts, and the advice, but this is my cross; til it is lifted.

TK
[should i still be invited, though, I can lubricate offending joints]
 ozsealady1
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/21/2015 7:39:39 PM
^^^^ Can your joint squeak musically?
Could save money on musicians.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/21/2015 7:46:23 PM
Is $300 okay for wedding gift?
 clooneystutor
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/21/2015 7:48:34 PM
^^^
Absolutely Belle, as long as you don't mind spaghetti and chicken soup as the entrees.

2 drink max also :)
 ozsealady1
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/21/2015 7:59:41 PM
Belle ... you can give us dancing lessons for the bridal waltz.

Clooney...... 2 drink maximum??????
What sort of wedding is this anyway ;)

Spaghetti as entree sounds lovely.
Seafood marinara. Yummmmm

Note to self: Arrange for giant champagne flutes to comply with grooms 2 drink maximum rule.

clooneystutor
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/21/2015 8:09:11 PM
We need the most of that $300 for that bungalow in Tahiti.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/21/2015 8:11:11 PM
Now you are talking......

Be still my beating heart!!!!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/21/2015 8:25:10 PM
Yes, I can teach Waltz, I'll be a lovely ceremony.

Bungalows? Damn, I'm starting to see the romantic side of Clooney :-)

I'll eat before I get there as I'm not a fan of spaghetti but I'm alright with the 2 drink minimum. I might find my match there, wearing my cute little bridesmaids dress and heels, when is the wedding again? I need to reserve the flight :-P
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/22/2015 1:23:12 AM
F*ck marriage.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 127
Posted: 3/22/2015 4:59:52 AM
If you think marriage is bad, try smoking some of that mortgage stuff...
 2ufo
Msg: 128
Posted: 3/22/2015 9:13:05 AM

Common-law marriages have become very popular and I believe that less and less people will be getting married in years to come.

I'd rather be in a common-law marriage where we're together because we really want to be, not because it's too legally complicated to leave =) .

Depending on various circumstances, common-law marriages are as legally binding (and complicated) as any other marriage.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 129
Posted: 3/22/2015 1:36:34 PM
^^ Exactly.

And - at least here in the land of Oz - you cannot get a binding PRE NUP - without the NUP.
You can get a cohabitation agreement, but it is not as recognised in the courts.

So our choice is.........

Be single with no sex that could ever lead to reproduction or infection.... i.e. celibacy
or
shared life.

Just because you remain single does not mean that your keep your assets.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/22/2015 9:00:08 PM

Not that I've experienced.

But hope springs eternal because I would like to marry again - one last time. There IS something qualitatively different between living together married and shacking up. I know which I prefer.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/22/2015 9:09:49 PM
^^^
Almost read qualitatively as quantitatively. Lol.

Shacking up for 2 years is a must for ME before marriage.

In 14 years?

1 year :)
 Cynderella
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2015 10:06:53 PM
Never been...not sure if it's worth it financially.
I personally can take it or leave it.
 Maleman999
Msg: 133
Posted: 3/23/2015 10:42:02 AM

Honestly living together as common-law spouses really is NO different than being legally married. After one year of cohabitation in the eyes of the Government you ARE married.

In that case, it would be a good idea to have a pre-nup, even when shacking up with someone. I agree that if living common-law with someone, there can be external pressure to "finish the deed" and tie the knot from family and/or friends. But with some of those people, it could a case of "misery loves company."
 the_Kevlar
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/9/2015 2:38:20 PM
MARRIAGE IS THE #1 CAUSE OF DIVORCE!!!
 newoldgirl
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/9/2015 9:04:14 PM
The only guy I dated for any length of time after my divorce was anti-marriage. If we had gotten much more serious, I believe it would have been a deal breaker, since he was really keen for me to sell my house and for me to buy a bigger, better house so that he could move in with me. That way, he could sell his expensive condo, but keep his lakefront cottage, boats, ATV, and all his other toys! Whenever he would mention this, I would just be non-committal, or change the subject, partly because I felt that it was too much too soon, but more so because I would never take on that kind of financial responsibility for someone who wasn't my husband.
 Viewfromhere
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:22:06 AM
Amusing.

Clue: "Men on Strike", Dr. Helen Smith.
 basilisk123
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2015 8:30:22 AM
OP has been long gone, but I'll reply anyway.
It really depends on when the marriage talk comes up. At the start of the relationship is very bad news for us guys. It suggests desperation.

Personally I would love to one day be married, but only to the woman that I feel is right for me. It isn't an end goal, just a stepping stone.
 Where_Is_My_Muse
Msg: 138
Posted: 7/4/2015 5:06:34 PM
Sure, I might be when the right woman comes along.

You have to respond to my messages first. :-|
 the_Kevlar
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/20/2015 3:10:50 PM
I'm not necessarily looking for "marriage"!
I just want to find somebody to be with! I think that the whole concept of "marriage" is overrated!! Rather than spend thousands of dollars on a big fancy wedding, I think the smarter thing would be to put that money towards a house! Besides... after a couple of years of living together, you have all of the same legal rights as married couples do, (just with a few thousand extra dollars!!! ;) )
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 140
Posted: 8/20/2015 7:06:00 PM

I think that the whole concept of "marriage" is overrated!! Rather than spend thousands of dollars on a big fancy wedding,

You realize there's a difference between "marriage" and a "wedding"? Who put a gun to your head demanding a bridezilla wedding? People marry for the cost of the license and judge's time all. the. time.

I think the smarter thing would be to put that money towards a house!

Houses are not a good investment in all cases. There are markets where house prices are going down or the direction in the next few years is too uncertain to get locked into a mortgage. There are also people (like me) who would rather be cash rich/house poor, than house rich/cash poor.

Besides... after a couple of years of living together, you have all of the same legal rights as married couples do, (just with a few thousand extra dollars!!!

Not necessarily; common law marriage does not arise in my state regardless of how long you live together.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are men on here really interested in marriage