Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are men on here really interested in marriage      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FitnessAthlete2015
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Are men on here really interested in marriagePage 7 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
sure with the right person and the right reasons to marry that person.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Are men on here really interested in marriage
Posted: 10/22/2015 5:07:26 PM

Yes. If it's who I'm looking for, of course.

If I met someone who felt a need to get married, the first thing I would ask is "Why do you want to get married?" The sheeple answer most people give is "It's a sign of commitment." IMO, that is the WRONG reason to get married. The commitment, trust and all of the other building blocks of a good relationship should have been established long before any thought of marriage. If someone feels they need to get married to establish and guarantee those things, they should not get married, and not waste Elvis' time.

For many people, this would be a mischaracterization and misinterpretation...they want the ritual of getting married simply as a gesture and celebration because of how they feel about what they have together.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 168
Posted: 10/31/2015 2:15:53 AM
I am. :-( Zero reciprocation though.

I don't understand.
 mrcs84
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2015 8:46:43 PM
I certainly am interested in pair-bonding.

Any man that is seriously considering getting legally married with the current family law system and divorce rate = stupid.
 cooldog65
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 8:07:03 AM

Are men on here really interested in marriage?

Absolutely not!
 Chromis1
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 8:52:13 AM

I don't blame guys for not wanting to get legally married. There's really nothing in it for them.

Depending on circumstances, a tax/estate guy can easily demonstrate otherwise.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:23:38 AM
>>>>Some people wait until marriage for intimacy. That ought to weed out the players. Ya think?! If he wants it, he has to put a ring on it.<<<<

Except who wants to wait until they marry someone to know if they're sexually compatible / good in bed?! I'll wait a month or two to pass a litmus test, but after marriage... yeah, not happening.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/3/2015 12:16:47 PM
" I have been on this site for some time and have not come across anyone interested in marriage. I was wondering is there any man really looking for that? I have indicated to them that is what I wanted and it usually scared them away. I don't understand why that is so scary. "

Many men have been told that once a man gets married the sex stops, more or less.

This is actually more DEPRESSING than scary and makes the type of person who owns a set of fully functioning MALE sexual organs that marriage is more like a jail sentence than a " wonderful journey together " .

Chromis1
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 12:47:09 PM

Except who wants to wait until they marry someone to know if they're sexually compatible / good in bed?! I'll wait a month or two to pass a litmus test, but after marriage... yeah, not happening.

I couldn't do that, either. I'll risk the eternal damnation; maybe there's a way to hedge the bet.
 winter_hyacinth
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/3/2015 12:50:25 PM
This place is full of desperate guys that want to get married within 10 mins of the first date.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:59:49 PM
oh yes the guys that say you are the "one" after a couple of dates and want to move in, for sex and services no doubt, are worse than those who say they want marriage.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 177
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:14:54 PM

oh yes the guys that say you are the "one" after a couple of dates and want to move in, for sex and services no doubt, are worse than those who say they want marriage.

You live in a weird part of the world, Letitia (Latin name in the UK), but here in 'Murica, I've had too many girls who are willing to have sex yet who have nothing to offer in the coupling department. Rather the opposite of your diatribe.
 tangofish
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2015 7:05:48 PM
I'm a desperate guy, I dont want to get married, but im willing to be perverted and potentially needy in an unattractive way.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 179
Posted: 12/10/2015 3:45:30 PM
Letitia is right.
Here there are plenty of men who say they love you and you are the one either before meeting or after a very short time afterwards.
BUT they want to move in with the woman and have her pay for everything.

I am thinking of my over 10 years of dating.

One - the one who moved in with me had a house and a flat but when he moved out he lived with his pensioner parents. I asked why not live in your rented house or flat. "I can't afford to do that AND live the lifestyle I want"

Not one man has asked me to move in with him.
Many, many have asked to move in with me.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/10/2015 4:10:54 PM
Wow difficult to be the incredibly wealthy older woman it seems.

can hardly blame a guy if he meets a woman who's had her third divorce and he does not want to gamble that the fourth time will be the charm
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/10/2015 4:17:53 PM
caballero ^^^
If only what you said was true.
Incredibly wealthy... YAY Bring it on.
Where is that winning lottery ticket.

If you are referring to me.... I am comfortable and earn a little above the average for a single person.
Below average for a 'household'.

One divorce and he got more than me.

Yes I am older than you.
But you are seeking nothing serious so obviously not seeking marriage with anyone.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/10/2015 7:09:50 PM
No I prefer not to get married. No benefit for me in doing that. Too much to lose and close to nothing to gain.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/11/2015 9:42:32 PM

Letitia is right.
Here there are plenty of men who say they love you and you are the one either before meeting or after a very short time afterwards.

Not true at all. Be something compatible, relatable, and uncynical and I'm down for matrimony. You all fail at that, not me.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/11/2015 11:03:53 PM
Seems some of us have different experiences and different wants.
 Maleman999
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/12/2015 6:39:52 AM

Not one man has asked me to move in with him.
Many, many have asked to move in with me.

Would you move into a guy's place if a guy asked you to move in?
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 186
Posted: 12/12/2015 7:44:35 AM

Would you move into a guy's place if a guy asked you to move in?

Depending on the man and the relationship we've formed prior to his asking, I would gladly move in with the 'right' man.

I would like to marry again and had set marriage as a condition of living together but have been re-assessing that lately.

If/when I'm in a relationship where one of us has to move, it will most likely be me. Having lived in the mountains (very deep snow country), desert, freshwater and saltwater islands, rural, urban, suburban, and on a sailboat (for a few weeks at a time) I find I'm more flexible in my environment than most people and my current home may be a little too challenging for most men.
 kj521
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/12/2015 9:38:02 AM
"Would you move into a guy's place if a guy asked you to move in?"

Do I get to decorate it?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/12/2015 9:52:08 AM
As long as some lines are drawn.

Frou is okay; frou frou is too far. Fancy is fine; fancy schmancy crosses that line. And the elk head stays.
 throttle_junkie
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/17/2015 2:16:16 AM
"I have been on this site for some time and have not come across anyone interested in marriage"

You're right. Many have different reasons, just a few of those I've heard from friends...

They were not the initiator of a divorce in a previous marriage and did not want it, and were irrevocably soured.

They WERE the initiator and like being single again.

As longtime single (and newly divorced) friends have said, they are happy doing what they do, when they do it, and how they do it, and they can't / won't devote the time to a married relationship. Being single and breaking up is easy compared to the divorces they were in or witnessed. Selfish? Self centered? Maybe, maybe not but it's their life to live.

So, I'm in the longtime single / newly divorced camp right now and see no reason to change.

Add to that most of the women I have met (which is cool) are NOT interested in marriage, but part time cohabitation where both remain attached to their primary residence has worked out pretty OK for them and me so far.
 Maleman999
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/17/2015 7:55:16 AM
It's hard to make another matrimonial promise to be with someone "Until death do us part" for the second or subsequent time, unless a person is widowed. Cats might have nine lives, but not so much people. A more accurate version would be "Until death do us part, or until one of us gets fed up with other-which ever comes first. And I do promise to put all of the blame on the other person if the marriage fails."
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are men on here really interested in marriage