Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are men on here really interested in marriage      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crook_catcher
Msg: 201
Are men on here really interested in marriagePage 9 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

For the record: I'm having a good time with this. :-)Aut

And so you should....as negative attention is better than no attention. :)

You post away. I'll check on you later. Leave the female posters alone as there's no honor in attacking those who can't or won't reciprocate. I would of thought your parents would have taught you that....but I digress. :/
 bamagrl68
Msg: 202
Are men on here really interested in marriage
Posted: 2/24/2016 4:55:44 PM
Butterchickenchuck- "Many men have been told that once a man gets married the sex stops, more or less."
Oh, now THIS I can sink my teeth into...............

Wait, WHAT were we talking about?? Sorry, my mind wondered a bit just then.

Oh yeah, marriage.
Now here's the thing Chuck, whoever did said telling left out a thing or two, the thing and the two being the other person involved. (the wife, I mean, just so we are clear)
When people are dating, they (usually) put forth their best effort.
Then they get married and one, or both, stops doing these "things" leaving the other person going...?????.
Some of these same talkers, talk to me too, only they have a different gender and they live on the other side of the coin.
What these sexless men must consider is how and why they wound up in such a position (well, they aren't in a position really, and hence the problem.)
You see, relationships are like gardens, you don't tend it, the fruit withers and dies on the vine and all of a sudden that ripe juicy plum, that WAS ripe and juicy, dries up and becomes a prune.
So, if you don't like prunes, but DO like multiple positions and plums and stuff, you must keep the garden tended.
Happy garden, happy farmer.
(excuse bama today folks, it must be a full moon, carry on :D)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 203
Posted: 2/25/2016 8:01:15 AM
"Now here's the thing Chuck, whoever did said telling left out a thing or two, the thing and the two being the other person involved. (the wife, I mean, just so we are clear)
When people are dating, they (usually) put forth their best effort.
Then they get married and one, or both, stops doing these "things" leaving the other person going...?????.
Some of these same talkers, talk to me too, only they have a different gender and they live on the other side of the coin.
What these sexless men must consider is how and why they wound up in such a position (well, they aren't in a position really, and hence the problem.)
You see, relationships are like gardens, you don't tend it, the fruit withers and dies on the vine and all of a sudden that ripe juicy plum, that WAS ripe and juicy, dries up and becomes a prune.
So, if you don't like prunes, but DO like multiple positions and plums and stuff, you must keep the garden tended."

Fair enough Bama, to the guys who stop putting forth the effort after the marriage I would say " well , what do you expect dum dums ? "

BUT , in regards to all the men who have never been married listening to the guys who have been married, hearing THEIR side of the coin , as in , " bait and switch " .....wel...that doesn't exactly sound enticing.

Imagine if the tables were turned and MEN were the gender playing the marriage or bust role.The equivalent would be the men putting all the effort into helping out with domestic chores and then dropping the " I love washing dishes / I love giving bj's "(female equivalent ) right after the wedding. Then all the women married to them would caution other women " beware the ol bait n switch girls "
 Whisky_River
Msg: 204
Posted: 2/25/2016 8:19:16 AM
Stop and think, how many people that are divorced take any of the fault upon themselves.
I have asked people...men/women and they usually blame the other.
I have had three main relationships in my life. In the 2 failed relationships.....once I stopped trying to make it work or realized it was not worth saving......the sex died.
There's no splitting hairs on emotion for me...sex to me, is mixed up with my feelings of love and caring.
Now , of course there are circumstances where you don't need to love/care for someone to have sex.....we know that.
I'm talking more in the terms of a relationship/marriage.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 205
Posted: 2/25/2016 1:42:32 PM
Well…sometimes after marriage children appear, never mind the almost year long incubation a woman must endure, and the actual birth…that’s just the beginning for her. So now she’s maybe got six weeks maternity leave to spend bonding with her new baby before she must get back to her full time job; meanwhile she must secure reliable safe daycare, every morning prepping the baby and all its needs for the day before she even gets to her FT job. After work she gets to pick up the baby, be responsible for dinner, make sure all the prep work for the next day….washing dishes, bathing the kid(s), laundry, housekeeping, etc., etc. EVERY DAY. Within a few years add at least one more kid who will at least double her responsibilities. How much help is the husband/father providing? Does he just walk in the door at the end of his day, eat, plop on the couch with beer and Netflix until bedtime, then expect to roll over into his wife’s welcoming horny arms??

But boo hoo…his sex stops “more or less.” Maybe his wife would like to be treated like more than just a convenient sex toy housekeeper child minder by the man who claims to love her.

My heart just breaks for selfish sexless men. Really.

showboatsupreme
Msg: 206
Posted: 2/25/2016 2:00:37 PM
Jaysus it's getting stuffy in here.

I'm gonna open a bottle of wine and count the bills in my wallet.

Praise lubriderm!!

Does he just walk in the door at the end of his day, eat, plop on the couch with beer and Netflix until bedtime, then expect to roll over into his wife’s welcoming horny arms??

You forgot the pot roast and French maid outfit.

I'm not going to bed hungry!
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 207
Posted: 2/25/2016 2:05:01 PM

Does he just walk in the door at the end of his day, eat, plop on the couch with beer and Netflix until bedtime, then expect to roll over into his wife’s welcoming horny arms??

Well of course NOT. He is going to demand a beer, and to make sure that it's really cold. Don't forget the bedroom slippers and the Netflix ready for Mad Men.
 chameleonf
Msg: 208
Posted: 2/25/2016 2:25:51 PM

Don't forget the bedroom slippers and the Netflix ready for Mad Men.

...and then she stays up to relax for a bit in the other room watching "How to Get Away with Murder", "Snapped" and "Deadly Wives"...
 kj521
Msg: 209
Posted: 2/25/2016 2:56:11 PM
^^^^^I can recommend the first one.....the other two were okay.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 210
Posted: 2/25/2016 2:59:27 PM

...and then she stays up to relax for a bit in the other room watching "How to Get Away with Murder", "Snapped" and "Deadly Wives"...

You ladies are cold, calculating and viscious...

When is dinner served? I'm getting hungry.
 kj521
Msg: 211
Posted: 2/25/2016 3:07:44 PM
Psst! Mr. IG?

"When is dinner served? I'm getting hungry."

If you ask that question and your wife serves you your meal with an ever-so-slight....benevolent and sweet smile?

Don't eat it.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 212
Posted: 2/25/2016 3:41:08 PM
No body, no crime.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 213
Posted: 2/25/2016 5:34:01 PM
who the hell wears slippers?
I mean - honest. Slippers and a mouth guard
Nothing more sexy
HAHAHA
slippers
 cooldog65
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2016 5:58:53 PM
I wear slippers because I remove my shoes when I walk in the door. Tradition I grew up with having a Japanese mother.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 215
Posted: 2/25/2016 9:29:04 PM

Oh come on. I would be watching Mad Men. It's the late 50's. Men wear skinny ties and wear slippers when they get home. They also smoke a pipe and a cigarette in front of the children and all that talk about cigarettes killing you is hog wash, just like 60 years later Carbon dioxide warming up the planet is nothing but hogwash.

So I eat my TV dinner and the choke. Ahhhhhh.

And she takes all my money and runs of with the Cabana boy.
 Maleman999
Msg: 216
Posted: 2/26/2016 4:32:59 AM

who the hell wears slippers?

I prefer walking around the house wearing steel toed construction boots. They come in handy for closing cupboard doors under the bathroom and kitchen sinks. Are we talking about mouth guards like Hannibal Lecter had in the Silence of the Lambs? Are they becoming fashionable now?
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 217
Where have all the cowboys gone?
Posted: 2/26/2016 5:31:03 AM

I will do the laundry
If you pay all the bills
Where is my John Wayne
Where is my prairie song
Where is my happy ending
Where have all the cowboys gone

Why don't you stay the evening
Kick back and watch the T.V.
And I'll fix a little something to eat
Ohh I know your back hurts
From working on the tractor
How do you take your coffee my sweet

I will raise the children
If you pay all the bills
Where is my John Wayne
Where is my prairie song
Where is my happy ending
Where have all the cowboys gone
 MyFeetHurt
Msg: 218
marrying men
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:16:25 AM
We can't paint everyone w/ the same brush, regardless of gender.

There were books written on men who want to get married, it gave signs of behaviors of marriage minded men.

What can it hurt to spend a few $$$ on a used copy from Amazon or Ebay?
 Maleman999
Msg: 219
marrying men
Posted: 2/26/2016 7:11:05 AM
"There were books written on men who want to get married, it gave signs of behaviors of marriage minded men."

Someone would need to consult a book to find out if a guy is marriage minded? Here's a radical approach: Ask the guy. That will be $29.95 plus shipping and handling for the information.
 MyFeetHurt
Msg: 220
marrying men
Posted: 2/26/2016 11:13:28 AM

Someone would need to consult a book to find out if a guy is marriage minded? Here's a radical approach: Ask the guy. That will be $29.95 plus shipping and handling for the information.

A used copy for $1-2 on Ebay or Amazon, reading a book never hurt anyone, unless they poked themselves in the eye w/ the corner or sat on it sideways & on the wrong angle & ended up w/ a "little anal adventure"!

http://www.today.com/health/reason-why-men-marry-some-women-not-others-t74671

https://www.buffalolib.org/vufind/Record/1758856/Reviews
 sactownromantic
Msg: 221
Posted: 2/26/2016 11:41:36 AM
With the right woman I would but that probably won't happen, the ironic part is I meet a lot of women who don't want to get married again. Either they just came out of a bad marriage or they are happy to live alone.

As for those relationship books or seminars: I think they are full of crap, ever notice that "marriage counselors" or "therapists" are all divorced. If they are so smart then why are they still single?
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 222
Posted: 2/26/2016 11:44:11 AM
Do family law judges ever re-marry?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 223
Posted: 2/26/2016 11:54:18 AM
or family/divorce lawyers ?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 224
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:41:07 PM
Butterchiceknchuck- (post #233) Well played, my friend, well played. :D
Seriously though, I hated the whole- Men are from mars women are from Venus thing.
I know men and women are different. Anatomy was required in nursing school. ;)
As different as we are, I think we ALL have pretty much the same needs. We need to be heard, we need to be valued and respected, we need for the other person to be willing to compromise and carry their end of the relationship.
I really do think a LOT of divorces boil down to a lack of one or all of those things.
All I know is that I did my best and as I search now, I am committed to STILL doing my best.
Even though men and women are different, in so many ways, if we just take the time to say "You know, this is a human being with thoughts and feelings and a story just the same as me." I really do think it could work.
The trouble is some make it way too complicated and the story stays "he said, she said, when it could be JUST as simple as "WE". :)
 Maleman999
Msg: 225
Posted: 2/27/2016 12:21:20 PM

We need to be heard, we need to be valued and respected, we need for the other person to be willing to compromise and carry their end of the relationship.
I really do think a LOT of divorces boil down to a lack of one or all of those things.

If one or all of those things were lacking, why would people get married in the first place? I guess when people are young and stupid, the wedding day with the fantasy fairy tale wedding is more important than who they marry, and red flags are temporarily painted a different color. People would marry the Loch Ness Monster or Sasquatch if that was the only way to have a wedding day. Too many people think that getting married would automatically fixed all problems in a relationship, without any effort from either partner, or would make them compatible if they weren't before.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are men on here really interested in marriage