Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Did he really forget his wallet??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 faith_____
Msg: 57
Did he really forget his wallet??Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
that is just lame. It was planned. The fact he hasnt kept in touch is a sign.
 3xsacharmsotheysay
Msg: 58
Did he really forget his wallet??
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:58:43 PM
Hey I always show up expecting to pay my own way... we are in a different era.. who cares 2 beers is nothing. I wouldn;t have given it another thought. I went out with someone for several months and one nite he really did forget his wallet. No lie... was SO upset was actually going to call his mother ( this guy was 42) to bring it to him... that was the last time i saw him... I paid the bill.. it was no big deal...
 Hands of gold
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 10:18:09 AM
If a guy really forgot his wallet, he would notice BEFORE the bill came. The fake patting of the pockets is a ruse.

That said, there is quite a double standard here. Lots of the girls are willing to go dutch, but it seems that only a few would be willing to pay for someone else. Many of the ones that would go dutch would graciously accept if the man offered to pay, but look down upon the tables being turned. I am amazed that people would walk out on a person over a $15 tab, to leave them to suffer.
 gotmarc77
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/4/2011 11:48:47 PM
I have actually forgot my wallet on a date. It is extremely embarrassing, but it does happen. If I were you and I wasn't sure if he was just angle shooting to get a couple free beers, I wouldn't go out with him again until he pays you back.
 maryjay51
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/5/2011 4:19:25 AM
because of his lack of communication with you after this incident i believe he purposely forgot his wallet. be glad it happened this early and be more glad the tab wasnt higher..sometimes blessings come in small packages and this sounds like a blessing that you found out what a schmuck this guy is right up front.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Did he really forget his wallet??