Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Grey Hair: Distinguished, or EX-tinguished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ritawayward
Msg: 58
Grey Hair: Distinguished, or EX-tinguished?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Well! You certainly have a lot of opinions from fans of grey hair!
I care about physicality so hair AND eye colour do have an distinct
effect on me. My parents had grey hair by their fifties. Anytime I have
seen a man with grey hair I am reminded of my Dad or Grandad!
Just can't do it, even though I am in my fifties now myself.

You are a good looking guy with very magnetic and interesting work.
If that isn't netting you the woman you would like to be with ... experiment.
Try the temporary colour(not black and leave some of your sideburns and hairline
and a few strands elsewhere untouched so it looks natural) as some have suggested and see what, if anything,
is different for you that way. Grow it out if you can't live with it or don't feel it's worth the hassle.
 smileforgzus
Msg: 59
Grey Hair: Distinguished, or EX-tinguished?
Posted: 11/17/2009 3:48:08 AM
I'm 28 and my fiance is 48 and he has dark gray hair with silver streaks through it and I love it
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/17/2009 2:09:11 PM
I like it (on you)... especially since your face is so youthful. But I think you might look good with darker hair too. In the end it's up to you I think. Try some temporary dye and take some pictures! See what you think and then wash it out. I'm the kind of girl who's always changing my hair color. Currently I'm a red head. I've had blonde, brunette and even black hair! I don't take hair too seriously, it should be fun.
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/17/2009 2:11:23 PM
I can see the Johnny Depp resemblance too!

When you look like JD, it really doesn't matter WHAT color your hair is!
 TheReason_
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 8:28:36 PM
OK here's a dirty little secret. I dye my hair. It only goes grey on my temples, and has been slowly going grey since I was about 24. For the longest time I just left it. I had 2 stepkids, and I always pointed to one side and said "This is from Jamie" Pointed to the other side and said "And this is from Shane"

If I don't dye it, I look like the guy from Fantastic 4, whatever his name is. Dr. Reed or whatever. I look around and EVERYONE dyes their hair, so I thought screw it, and went for it. I get it done every 4 weeks. I dunno, I like it, it works for me. Without it, it's kinda salt and pepper on the sides, but I prefer it all dark!

Like I said EVERYONE dyes their hair, I'm not sure when I'll stop. 50 maybe, once it's TOO obvious.

*shrugs*
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/18/2009 5:58:45 AM
My siblings went silver young and all over (brothers) looks great.

Not for me.

Your grey is fabulous!!!Leave it alone
 sugania
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/18/2009 6:27:34 AM
Your hair and face are amazing why change a good thing...made me want to call my incredibly beautiful, creative and smart friend in toronto to tell her to check your profile out...seriously tho if i started going grey i might be tempted to color but its a personal choice ...i used to see this incredibly gorgeous woman that would dress in well cut usually dark clothes and had waist length grey and silver hair, blue eyes and high cheekbones, her legs were long and the l affect was enough to make me slobber . She had this etheral out of this world exotic beauty about her...would the affect have been the same if she had mousy brown hair who knows but 15 years later i still remember her : )
 scottey63
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 10:32:25 AM
I don't care how grey I get, as long I have my hair. So far, so good.

I don't think I would care if a woman has grey hair. From time to time I see these commericals with female models with white or silver hair, and I find myself thinking how strikingly beautiful they are!
 pamsfl
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/21/2009 2:28:43 PM
Doesn't hurt Richard Gere either...I LOVE grey hair!
 christiancountrygal38
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/21/2009 2:51:15 PM
I think grey hair looks distinguished, but I think its easier to women cause we dye our hair all the time.

Would you rather it turn grey or turn loose? - lol.
 willboard4food
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/21/2009 7:09:24 PM
I think women are more conscience of it . i am 56 with long blond hair down past my shoulders with grey streaks . i have been commented on my hair more with the streaks than before i had them. I am just happy that i still have all my hair.I mean, some people actually pay to have streaks in their hair.
 susi65
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/21/2009 7:44:00 PM
I used to have a gray streak in the front of my head that I thought looked cool, but I was 30 years old. When the rest of my head started going gray (it happens over night, doesn't it?!?) I decided to dye it. I like gray hair on a man though, any hair's good if it's clean and nice. Of course bald men are hot too.... very sexy. One word of caution: once you dye gray hair, you have to keep it up! One day I'll chuck it all and go "Jamie Lee Curtis"... just wear it totally gray. Until then, I have to go buy some #20 developer...
 kanebrake
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:26:53 AM
My former pastor had a head of completely white hair bythe time he was 23. My brother was almost entierly bald by 30. I have some grey creeping in, but all in all I can't complain. And honestly I don't care either way what others think of it. You can't stop nature from doing what it has been commanded to do.
 Motto_Bella
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/24/2009 6:42:14 AM
I'm extremely attracted / interested in men with gray hair! Doesn't necessarily mean my interest will hold however ~ I'm intriqued with the fact that he's comfortable in his own skin and has choosen to embrace age (gracefully).. very sexy!

I color my hair but I'm not fanatical about it. The last time I colored my hair I insisted my stylist leave some gray... it's who I am, naturally. The coloring is a compliment to my existing color (very close shade). Same philosphy when I apply make-up.
 rock2me
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/27/2009 3:19:42 PM
Don't let those "just for men" ads get to you. I'm right there with you in that my hair will be white before long. I tell people that I had brown hair when I was younger, and now I'm getting a chance to go blonde.
 Budha-Dana
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/28/2009 7:59:43 PM
I love the grey in my hair now then again through the years my hair has been ever color of the rainbow
 lets fish!
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/3/2009 4:12:14 AM
Couldnt give a damn.

Either someones attractive or they arent.

Charisma has a hell off a lot to answer for!

mmmm charisma!
 TheReason_
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 7:28:15 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

*swoon*

sassy_1974
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:37:23 AM
I have 3 grey hairs..im 35 and gutted lol.

Grey on a man i really dont have a problem with, its men that dye their hair that scares me off lol.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/19/2009 11:01:18 AM
Please dye your hair guys. Thanks.
 EmotionallyDetached
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/19/2009 12:18:04 PM
I've had white hair since I was 16. I get it done but it really is cool cuz I got a Lilly Munster streak that starts where my hair line begins and most people think it is somewhat of a birthmark. My nephew has had white hair mixed into his red hair since he was 3 and he is 30 now.

If it bothers you, dye it. It is just a hassle because white hair is really hard to dye.
 rat-7
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 1:30:12 PM

Please dye your hair guys. Thanks

If you do not like a men with gray hair, why not look somewhere else.
I am 42, and I have more gray hair than black one, and I will not dye my hair for any reason, and I think that those that do (men or women) are just pretending something and are a shame of what they really look like
BTW I make Frankenstein look like Miss Universe
 nanc59
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/19/2009 3:14:45 PM
Leave it alone... the natural look is nice.
Could be worse... you could be loosing your hair...
but thats not the end of the world either.
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/20/2009 6:19:28 AM
Just discovered my one strand of grey hair. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.....the timing is bloody impeccable...just about to turn 40 next month! I am now checking down there, and I'm pulling it to prevent contamination.

logicalnonsense*
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/26/2009 11:14:27 PM
I love grey hair and find the "acceptance" of it very attractive. I say leave it OP, as you wear it well! Of course I am biased, lol...however I did dye mine for many years. People occasionally tell me to color mine too and my response is that "grey IS a color".

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Grey Hair: Distinguished, or EX-tinguished?