Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 728
When should the woman offer to pay?Page 35 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)

When you actually say what's on your mind, there's no more room for confusion. I'm not saying you have to, I'm just saying that not everyone is going to know what your silence meant.

LMAO, Oh believe me. IF you sent me a message, such as, (actual first messages)
"Do you shave your p****?
"Do you suck d***?
"Does the rug match the hat?"
"Nice legs. Can I go down on you?"
"Do you enjoy oral sex?".............
(Just a small sample of the idiocy of some on OLD sites.)

You WOULD KNOW EXACTLY, what my silence meant!
NOOOOOO confusion what soever.
The first few times I read the above in my inbox, I replied, "If you were my boyfriend, you would not have to ask such a personal question", AND THEN THEY would get even nastier. I learned to IGNORE/BE SILENT and block!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 729
When should the woman offer to pay?
Posted: 7/24/2015 6:44:16 PM

The first few times I read the above in my inbox

Mamm, if you've received those kinds of messages from men I apologize for the majority that don't act like that.

That's just...well I'm not going to write it.

They need an up close and personal attitude adjustment. :/
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 730
Posted: 7/24/2015 7:01:50 PM

It's not even fair to compare those women to the ones in BC - is it our fault that half of us are missing fingers/toes/noses due to frostbite?? At least we don't have to worry about the price of condoms, as those little germies can't survive in sub zero temperatures.

Sssshhhhh...Quit telling everybody.....I wait until I have one hooked before I take my boots off.....lol.

C.C. you're such a gent...what the heck is wrong with those women in your area?
 sealady111
Msg: 731
Posted: 7/24/2015 7:47:15 PM
CC maybe we should forward our inappropriate in box messages to you so you can ..... adjust the senders.

Those types of messages are so frequent they start to seem like the norm.
 Olivoil
Msg: 732
Posted: 7/24/2015 8:21:55 PM
$14.95 buys you a very good bottle of wine, tax included, here in my part of Canada. Maybe the vino is the great equalizer, since we seem to pay so much more for our food up here in this arctic wasteland :)

There is a great California/Canada Zinfandel that is pure heaven, for $12.00.

If you 'Murricans ever have a chance to taste our ice wine, I hope you try it! Now that goes for $79 for a half litre, but worth every loonie. Guaranteed to get you kissed!
 07songsungblue
Msg: 733
Posted: 7/24/2015 9:00:35 PM
"Murrican" wine....I had a 2 Buck Chuck in their red last Christmas, great wine, like a nice Shiraz or Malbec..2 bucks. Can't beat that. I don't know what 19 Crimes is selling for in Australia but here it averages at about $17.00 Canadian, nice red.

My go to cook for a guy meal is roast chicken, stuffed plus veg, potatoes and salad. I also serve up the broken bottle wine and for dessert I serve a fresh bowl of low hanging fruit. Lol. Actually, I love to cook and prefer to do the cooking. He can handle the BBQ. Now house cleaning, he can do that. Or, at this stage, hire a cleaner to come in once a week or two. I've done enough toilets, vacuuming, etc.

The original question that started all this mess....I always offer and I like to treat as well. After a half dozen or dozen dates...please let me treat, somemofnus women enjoy treating a man, we also like to show that you are appreciated and worthy.
 HondoGal
Msg: 734
Posted: 7/25/2015 10:55:26 AM

Adventure Joe, msg 835
Crispy Salmon with Crash Hot Potatoes and Braised Kale:
Salmon: 4-6 oz per person (a lb goes for 6 bucks TOPS which means almost 2 dates from it)

Joe, so you cook as well!

This dish will cost 2 people under 10 bucks total and look like something out of a fancy smancy restaurant.
Dessert
Whip cream for the gal cost $1.50

Just whip cream? Nothing to put it on, no berries?

I recently read an article on farm raised salmon; usually I buy the wild Alaskan but this article states that even the so called wild salmon is really farm raised. It was in a magazine; You’ll never eat salmon again if you had read the article unless it is the true wild which runs about $20 lb.

But Dr Jeffery Foran, an American toxicologist involved in the study, said neither he nor his family would eat farmed salmon again after what he discovered.
Poullutants
The project - based at the University of Albany in New York state - looked at pollutant levels in farmed and wild salmon bought in Britain, Europe and North America.
Previous small-scale studies had identified a contamination risk, but this is by far the biggest and most comprehensive study.
Researchers measured the levels of industrial pollutants - PCBs and dioxins - and agricultural pesticides such as toxaphene and dieldrin.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-205547/Salmon-health-alert.html#ixzz3guplsboY 

http://draxe.com/the-dangers-of-farmed-fish/

I agree with user, msg 829, a nice meal at home will run well over $40. Closer to $100 for four persons including a mediocre wine.

As for the food at upscale gourmet restaurants, it is the best that money can buy. They get the finest meats, prime only and everything is fresh. The chefs at top notch restaurants are artists; as such they demand the finest products. Dinner at these upscale eateries will easily run $200 for two - without wine. At the Russian Tea Room in NYC if you start off with their famous caviar you’re already plunking down $300. I know most of us are not going this fancy (except once in a while) but don’t believe that EVERY eatery gets old crappy food or frozen food truck stuff. That is for the chains that someone mentioned like Red Robin and such.

Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 735
Posted: 7/25/2015 11:09:17 AM

Sssshhhhh...Quit telling everybody.....I wait until I have one hooked before I take my boots off.....lol.

You take your boots off?? That is way kinky. I thought only those racy Americans did that - they think they're all that, with their ten toes.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 736
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 11:58:54 PM
Heavens, would prefer the "all you can eat" buffet $40 for two, at a local club, including dessert, coffee or tea. Drinks extra of course. No washing up or hassles.. I dont like spending a lot of money or time on food or having it spent on me. All goes down the same way and out the same way........
 sealady111
Msg: 737
Posted: 7/26/2015 12:08:09 AM
My dinner party was a great success.

Lots and lots of compliments.
Especially about the Soup - One wife told me her husband does not eat pumpkin soup but he licked his bowl clean.
She has asked for my recipe.
Plus he said my pork and crackling was cooked to perfection.
The baked onions were also a hit.

Breakfast this morning was a traditional fry up.
Eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, toast, fruit, coffee and orange juice snazzied up with left over bubbly.

I paid for everything other than the wine and what the ladies brought along. Nibbles, Bread and Xmas cake.

The men sat back, poured wine and ate.
 ohenryx
Msg: 738
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2015 10:17:30 AM
I was looking for a place to post this, and most of the threads whining about women being gold diggers seem to have moved off of page 1, so this one will have to do.

Spotted on a woman’s profile, in the “First Date” section:

Dinner in a nice restaurant, drinks …

PS: Olive Garden is NOT a nice restaurant!

That one left me ROFLMAO.

sealady111
The men sat back, poured wine and ate.

Well, that is what we’re good at, after all.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 739
Posted: 7/28/2015 10:24:06 AM

I could make a meal on just their bread sticks and salad. Pretty good to me. Then again some live to eat...others eat to live. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 740
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2015 11:14:30 AM

You take your boots off?? That is way kinky.

What's kinkier is one keeping them on, but everything off in the bedroom! Assuming of course a [insert warm-fuzzy/feel-good adjectives here] 'meal' was served beforehand!

I thought only those racy Americans did that - they think they're all that, with their ten toes.

Yeah, we can be kind of arrogant with our 10 toes, showing off to the Canadians with only 9. We don't do ice-hockey in our bare feet, so we tend to keep all our toes.

Pretty good to me. Then again some live to eat...others eat to live. :)

Well put. I'm one of those who eats to live, as it's fuel. I will want to eat, and eat something decently good, when hungry... but I don't live to eat like some folks may do (or pets). If I had a choice to take on a super-human ability to not require eating with supreme nutrition & calorie intake processed automagically, I'd take that in a heart beat -- although I wouldn't choose it over many other super-human abilities like invisibility, the ability to fly, or to watch PPV without being charged.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 741
Posted: 7/29/2015 2:35:10 AM

Spotted on a woman’s profile, in the “First Date” section:

Dinner in a nice restaurant, drinks …

That one left me ROFLMAO.

That woman was rude & un-gracious. She was beaconing the fact that she is a dinner-wh0re. Who doesn't love that all you can eat salad & breadsticks feast?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >