Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women with Harleys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wolfpath
Msg: 69
Women with HarleysPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Man . . thats all up to you, and never mind the "harley riders are snobs" line.
They really don't know a lot of hard core old school riders.
Over half of em have never had to repair a bike on the road . . or STOPPED for a biker on the side of the road.

Now back on topic . . .
DON'T think your ever going to talk her out of it, and if you have control or self determination issues your not going to do well.
Women still face a bit of prejudice when riding, though that is changing. I know an increasing number of women riders, and most of them are a blast to be around.
One of the most intelligent women I've ever met online rides. Shes got a BEAUTIFUL 70sShovelhead that she mostly built her self. Her husbands a kick in the butt, too, and they often take their young daughter riding with them.
Riding - really riding is a lifestyle. If shes serious about riding, you'd better learn to ride (you'd look silly on the p-pad), or think twice.
Shes not likely to stop riding for you, and she's likely to rip your head of if her riding causes you issues.

Maybe not what you want to hear . . but simple reality.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 70
Women with Harleys
Posted: 1/29/2012 10:42:42 AM
Girls who ride motorcycles are sexy. It is that simple. Harley does make some nice bikes. Expensive. But they hold their value well.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 71
Women with Harleys
Posted: 1/29/2012 12:27:45 PM
OP, if you have any questions about the life style you can message me. I rode a Harley for 8 years, I started w/a Sportster & upgraded to a Dyna Low Rider. I'm on haitus, undecided if I'll return to it. I'm not fat, quiet the opposite, I'm slender & I work out on a regular basis. I don't have any tats, well maybe 1 but it's hidden & you have to now me intimately to see it, lol. I'm also very feminine, I just have a hobby dominated by men. I don't fit the biker chick stereotype. Bikers are a close knit group, at times I was the only girl riding w/15 or 20 guys, all treated me w/respect, & were protective of me. The majority of bikers are regular ppl who have a different kind of hobby. There is a biker ediquette, & it's best to know & follow it. I've mixed w/all types of bikers. A man dating a biker has to be understanding she'll be gone riding for the day. Biker events can get wild. Biker/non biker relationships take work, just like every other type of relationship. A jealous guy isn't going to last if she rides w/other guys & he objects to that. I don't f*ck where I ride, to be blunt. I'm a female, riding as a guest in a club, so it's better for me if I don't date within that club, as a breakup would jepordize my invitation to ride if the ex objected to my presence, as women aren't members. That's just the way it is. There is only a few good months of riding weather in Chicago, which gives lots of time to do other activites together.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 72
Women with Harleys
Posted: 1/29/2012 1:23:20 PM
There was this stretch of scenic road that I was driving on, and no joke, there were bikers, and friends of bikers delibereately slowing down and backing up traffic for MILES
There was a Van in front of me, going around 10 to 20 mph on a road that has a limit of 45.
There was a guy on a Hawg taking his sweet time in front of his friend's van, even swerving back and forth in the lane like a show off. lol
It's like they were "owning" the road for themselves, if a police officer had been there, he'd definately would've wrote them up.
I was wondering wondering if this was some kind of biker thing though, because I was suprised they had the audacity to do such thing? LOL

The van probably cut off one of the bikes, so they were teaching him a lesson. We had a mini van cut into our group, nearly side swiping several bikes since he decided he wanted to be in our lane, in the middle of our formation, while the rest of the road was wide open to him to drive wherever he wanted. There were 6 bikes, all w/loud pipes, riding close together in proper formation, so he heard & saw us. We were in his way, so he attempted to drive his minian into us. Luckily evasive manuvers kept us from getting hurt, but he could have seriously injured or killed us, b/c he is stupid ignorant & has no business behind the wheel. So, 2 bikes got in front of the minivan & slowed his azz down, & drove 10 mph in front of him down the road. So I'm guessing something like that happened in your situation.
 Paderic
Msg: 73
Women with Harleys
Posted: 1/29/2012 5:41:38 PM
I'm not sure what makes a formation correct, but I prefer that other riders stay a safe stopping distance behind me and not ride next to me in the same lane.

When a large group of cyclists rides in formation and causes traffic to back up behind them, they are creating an unsafe situation.
 MaybeAsk
Msg: 74
Women with Harleys
Posted: 2/14/2012 11:37:46 PM
I got a minivan but I don't tell dates I have a boat. I just tell them I have a minivan and see where they take it.

I stay away from wannabe biker ****es because I don't wanna pay for their leather.

I will buy chaps for chicks who wanna ride horses and work on their reverse cowgirl.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women with Harleys