Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AwP
Msg: 4
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
If he doesn't mind asianphiles (people attracted to asians for the sole reason that they're asian) then anime cons are a great place for asian guys to find women. Some asians are obviously a bit insulted by that though.
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 5
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/1/2009 9:16:29 AM
For women in this day an age stereotyping is only used after the fact. When we dump a guy we'll use that as an excuse. As for not going out with a guy, most the time it has to do with his personality, not his race. Shyness is your friends biggest hurdle. He's going to have to gain a bit of confidence in himself, put himself out there more and most of all he has to ASK women to go out with him.
 DAVE632
Msg: 6
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/1/2009 10:22:30 AM
It is probably just a self-confidence issue however the inter-racial stereotyping IS kinda fascinating. I've asked the same sort of question in regard to my TRY THIS GSpot Technique. I wanted to know if one race in particular had a higher percentage of women who reacted to this or not. Do the same number of blacks, for instance, exhibit the same percentage of women who react positively or negatively to proper GSpot stimulation. I never got a very good response to any of my posts asking for feedback on that. Talking RACE seems like a big NO-NO these days. Every body is waaay too PC to risk being labeled a RACIST (one of the most miss and over used words in the English language today) by discussing a perfectly normal, non racially biased based curiosity.

I read a study last night that in a way fits in with this. The study suggests that if one RACE sees another race experiencing pain their BRAIN does NOT react the same way as if they saw somebody of their own race experiencing the same pain.

I wonder whether the same goes for SEX. Betcha it does. But in what way? As you can see when you read the article it is BRAIN CHEMISTRY - NOT learned response (racially motivated learned responses) and it is UNIVERSAL. Unlike most LAWS today it is not JUST white males who are legally capable of racial discrimination. This happens with ALL races apparently. If this does apply to sexual relations too, what does it take the brain to overcome that natural bias and allow two lovers of different races to fully enjoy each others pleasure .... giving and getting?

Brain's response muted when we see other races in pain

The brain is not an equal opportunities organ, it seems. An imaging study of Chinese and Caucasian people has found that their brains respond less strongly to the pain of strangers whose ethnicity is different when compared with strangers of their own race.

.... However, for Chinese volunteers the sight of another Chinese person in pain prompted more of an increase in ACC activity than the pain of a Caucasian person. Caucasian volunteers, from the US, Europe and Israel, also reacted more strongly to sight of another white person in pain.

the rest of the article

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17399-brains-response-muted-when-we-see-other-races-in-pain.html
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 7
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/1/2009 10:31:19 AM
My general consensus in regards to asian men? They are men lol
Am I attracted to them? Nope
I don't judge anyone...they just don't do a thing for me.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 33
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/23/2009 1:26:53 AM
I was married to a Japanese man who was from Japan, for 10 years. I have dated
a Chinese and a Korean. Are you also including men from Iran, men from Pakastan and India, Asian men? I have dated men from each of those countries too. None of these experiences were the same, because they were all individual men. My expereince with all these men was all very pleasant. They were all decent men and they all treated me as the lady I am, and they all were very respectful. I could not see that their race or even religion had any affect on me and my experience with Asian men. But now that I think about it, they were all much more decent and respectful than American men or European men.
The title of my summary, is "People are People" a Depeche Mode song.
In summary, based on my expience, I would recomend women who want to be treated with respect and like a lady date Asian men. I would again.
 winteragain
Msg: 35
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/28/2009 8:35:44 PM
Come on dudes, people from India/Pakistan/Azerbaijan are not asians. They're only classified as such because we have no idea what the heck they are. They're asians by virtue of being next to China. News flash: Russia is on top of China and we don't call those guys asian. India actually broke off from Africa some tens of thousands of years back and crashed into Asia forming the Himalayan mountains.

To answer the OP, my 80% german 20% french gf likes the fact that I'm good with math, have great family values, believe in monogamy, and I'm well educated. She's glad I'm not the shy type of asian otherwise I wouldn't have her as a gf. I'm in total agreement with her. Shy guys need a lot of work, and the passive aggressiveness makes their future rather dim.
 leanco
Msg: 36
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/28/2009 8:45:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you Cat*Eyes for sharing your positive experience regarding Asian men.

There are some ugly myths going around that caricaturize the Asian male, one of which is that they treat women poorly. Fortunately, those who have real experience like yourself know better.

Two thumbs up to you for telling the truth!
 sashimiboy
Msg: 40
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/5/2010 11:48:04 AM
I have asian guy friends that get plenty of love from non-asian women. It really comes down to confidence.
 leanco
Msg: 42
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/5/2010 11:55:42 AM

I'm going to be honest and say I have never saw an Asian man who I'd consider attractive

You need to get out more...

Actually, I understand and accept that there will be people who may never find Asian men attractive, no matter how many they see or meet. Asians have very distinct facial features that some people, hopefully just a small subset, may never find attractive. Attraction after all is totally subjective and there's no right or wrong way to perceive it.

What I do find objectionable is the ready willingness of some who use nothing but negative racial stereotype to write off others. If only they'd know that it is truly their loss.
 jay
Msg: 53
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/7/2010 11:57:42 PM
Take a look at smileforgus' profile, obviously she's not in Asian guys, she's into men that look like her grandpa.

And as for the women that think size DOES matter, they generally are larger woman, and proportionately, have large vaginas and NEED a larger penis to sastify them...there's someone for everyone.
 jay
Msg: 54
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/7/2010 11:59:12 PM
And yea, it is true, Asian men tend to have smaller penises and Black men tend to have larger penises....it's not a race thing but a proportion thing, Asian men tend to be physically smaller and Black men tend to be physically larger...that's reality......it's nothing to be ashamed about, Asian men have been blessed with other strengths, I mean, what other race is generally more intelligent and thus more successful in our society? Also, Asians can eat however and whatever they want and never get fat.
 jay
Msg: 58
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:28:17 AM
^ riiiighhhhht....your profile reads like at typical attention seeker who has serious issues.

SingleGuy4912....my point is just that Asian men should stop complaining...stereotypes will always exist. Asians have it pretty good, they're just seen as having small**** and bad drivers...BIG FREAKING DEAL!! On the flip side, they're seen as highly intelligent, nice and successful....get over it! Try being a black guy or middle eastern and deal with THEIR stereotypes....
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 65
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/8/2010 7:31:06 PM
^^^^^That explains it!...my sister married Ronald Mcdonald.
 jay
Msg: 67
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:11:46 PM
Isn't that kind of like looking at girl's chest when she's wearing a padded bra though?...
 want to travel
Msg: 69
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 6/20/2010 11:44:54 PM
the sad truth is asian women dont even want to date asian men, they are generally chauvinists , think women should do all the work ,in the house and hand over the paycheck
talk to any asian woman who is westernized , they will tell you the same thing, as for the penis thing, its true, major condom manufacturers have made smaller condoms for asians
 leanco
Msg: 71
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 6/23/2010 2:35:51 AM

the sad truth is asian women dont even want to date asian men, they are generally chauvinists , think women should do all the work ,in the house and hand over the paycheck
talk to any asian woman who is westernized , they will tell you the same thing, as for the penis thing, its true, major condom manufacturers have made smaller condoms for asians

What I found interesting is that many of the ladies who respond to this thread all have positive things to say about dating Asian men. More interestingly, nearly all of them are non Asian women.

So perhaps those "westernized" Asian women choose to believe that Asian men are chauvinists. Perhaps they like this reason more than the real reason they rather not admit: being rebellious and/or having gained a perceived increase in social status and hipness.

As for the small penis thing, many of the ladies on this thread have also dispelled that myth.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 72
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 6/23/2010 2:47:57 AM
I was married to a Japanese man. I have dated a Korean and a Chinese man and I have dated every race that does exist.
I have no comment, because you can not judge any race base upon a few experiences.
"People are People" This is a Depeche Mode song which states it well.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 73
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 6/23/2010 2:57:27 AM
I want to add that penis size has nothing to do with race. As I said, I have dated every race.
 want to travel
Msg: 74
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 6/23/2010 6:35:20 AM
i got the stats from the globe and mail,the truth is that penis size should not be any kind of problem, the woman is going to fall in love with the man, not his age, race or anything like that
culture has a lot to do with it 90% of asians are one generation away from being farmers, stuck in the stone age, its only natural that they will have a less then western attitude towards women
i do some wood work on the side with a contractor, we did the one set of built in cabinets doe a local eye doctor, his house is beautiful , and in one of the most rich areas in my city, we went into the house and there where old women sitting on the floor sorting out some sort of vegetables, they smiled there toothless grins at us and went on with there work doing what they where doing, the house was not only a royal mess it was really dirty
later i found that this was about how asians are, of course this is a wild generalisation and nothing more
 want to travel
Msg: 76
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 6/24/2010 5:20:46 AM
it is not ignorant to tell the truth, before asians came, it was the germans, italians and hungarians that where in the same boat, all or most of them came from agriculture
and had very little education,the cast majority made very good lives for themselves
you learn to work hard on a farm
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 77
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/5/2010 10:06:19 AM
I have social expereince with both Asian women and men. I have been in several long term relationships with Asian women, and also had Asian men as friends. I think I have enough experience to generalize, so let's not jump on the exceptions to the rule. The term westernized isn't exactly a positive attribute in my opinion, as we are a country of shallow, superficial thinking and B.S. politics...it's all about the money. Both cultures have positive and negative customs regarding the treatment of women, but as our women do, the Asian woman picks and chooses only the positive in her favor from both cultures, and becomes the most demanding and superficial of all women.....hard to deal with on any level by any man. She usually becomes a name brand, and image junky with a very warped sense of reality. On the flip side of this coin, the men are a differnt story when not influenced by the women. They have great work ethics, make good fathers, and good dependable friends. They appear to be logical and practical. Seldom are they heavy drinkers or drug users, and always seem to be on a road of self improvement. You can always depend on your American buddy when it comes to having fun, but should you need a helping hand....selective memory and a six pack usually leaves you stranded....the Asian friend will be there even if he's sick. As I would expect in my country of "an ounce of hype is worth a pound of performance", most things and people of true merit get ignored. The Asian/American male is probably the best of us. In a thousand years or so, maybe a few women will be able to figure that out.
 windloverr
Msg: 79
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 8/3/2010 12:18:53 AM

but he seems kinda shy or apprehensive about meeting and mingling with women because he is afraid of the stereotypes that women may or may not judge asian men.
BINGO!!! Entirely on him. Anybody concerned about what someone MIGHT do or think...needs to grow a set. Are there women out there who discriminate against Asian men? Absolutely. So fcuking what? There are also absolutely women out there who CRAVE Asian men. There are a lot of women who hate balding men. Not my problem. Their loss, their problem. Next...
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 82
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 9/29/2010 10:33:50 AM
^^^Don't mention it Paul...it is what it is! Living in a country that has a warped sense of values, has a way of making most facts and virtue rather obscure. This country is all about "COOL".....and I have never seen anything considered cool that didn't have it's roots in down right stupidity or poor taste. From grade school on....who got the attention and admiration....the nerd with a 150+ I.Q. that might save a million lives some day.....or that dumb ass class clown with a F+ average that wore his underware on his head to get attention?...you got it! "Fruit of the loom" discovered him and is now paying him a fortune to dess up like big grape. From where I stand, admiration and respect from the average American is damn near an insult to me. In short, if you're not getting the appreciation or recognition you deserve as an Asian male...consider youself in good company. Until you do something extremely stupid as a race or a man, the billionares of the world won't have anything they can exploit to the ignorant masses for the almighty dollar. Nearly anything that makes you popular in this culture, usually come with the sacrifice of personal dignity. With this in mind, being an Asian male is a good place to be.....with or without the womens appreciation.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >