Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 77
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have social expereince with both Asian women and men. I have been in several long term relationships with Asian women, and also had Asian men as friends. I think I have enough experience to generalize, so let's not jump on the exceptions to the rule. The term westernized isn't exactly a positive attribute in my opinion, as we are a country of shallow, superficial thinking and B.S. politics...it's all about the money. Both cultures have positive and negative customs regarding the treatment of women, but as our women do, the Asian woman picks and chooses only the positive in her favor from both cultures, and becomes the most demanding and superficial of all women.....hard to deal with on any level by any man. She usually becomes a name brand, and image junky with a very warped sense of reality. On the flip side of this coin, the men are a differnt story when not influenced by the women. They have great work ethics, make good fathers, and good dependable friends. They appear to be logical and practical. Seldom are they heavy drinkers or drug users, and always seem to be on a road of self improvement. You can always depend on your American buddy when it comes to having fun, but should you need a helping hand....selective memory and a six pack usually leaves you stranded....the Asian friend will be there even if he's sick. As I would expect in my country of "an ounce of hype is worth a pound of performance", most things and people of true merit get ignored. The Asian/American male is probably the best of us. In a thousand years or so, maybe a few women will be able to figure that out.
 windloverr
Msg: 79
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 8/3/2010 12:18:53 AM

but he seems kinda shy or apprehensive about meeting and mingling with women because he is afraid of the stereotypes that women may or may not judge asian men.
BINGO!!! Entirely on him. Anybody concerned about what someone MIGHT do or think...needs to grow a set. Are there women out there who discriminate against Asian men? Absolutely. So fcuking what? There are also absolutely women out there who CRAVE Asian men. There are a lot of women who hate balding men. Not my problem. Their loss, their problem. Next...
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 82
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 9/29/2010 10:33:50 AM
^^^Don't mention it Paul...it is what it is! Living in a country that has a warped sense of values, has a way of making most facts and virtue rather obscure. This country is all about "COOL".....and I have never seen anything considered cool that didn't have it's roots in down right stupidity or poor taste. From grade school on....who got the attention and admiration....the nerd with a 150+ I.Q. that might save a million lives some day.....or that dumb ass class clown with a F+ average that wore his underware on his head to get attention?...you got it! "Fruit of the loom" discovered him and is now paying him a fortune to dess up like big grape. From where I stand, admiration and respect from the average American is damn near an insult to me. In short, if you're not getting the appreciation or recognition you deserve as an Asian male...consider youself in good company. Until you do something extremely stupid as a race or a man, the billionares of the world won't have anything they can exploit to the ignorant masses for the almighty dollar. Nearly anything that makes you popular in this culture, usually come with the sacrifice of personal dignity. With this in mind, being an Asian male is a good place to be.....with or without the womens appreciation.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >