Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you ever asked out a guy? How often do you do that?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TravelingLight
Msg: 51
Have you ever asked out a guy? How often do you do that?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Many of us guys love that. Women should try, even if they risk rejection.
Simple. :wink:
 sunbeach95
Msg: 52
Have you ever asked out a guy? How often do you do that?
Posted: 10/5/2010 7:53:30 AM
Most men that I went on at least 1 date with have asked me out. But I have asked a man out a few times.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/6/2010 4:50:01 PM
Well,.. I'm done asking women out,.. because everytime I choose one,. it sucks REALLY bad! The two very BEST relationships out of ALL my relationships the woman walked up to me, outta the blue, & caught me unaware. I'm figuring it like this,. YOU ask the woman, hey they can take you, or leave you & wait for the next one,.. If THEY'RE doing the asking, THEY have something vested in it, it's THEIR idea, and they seem to work on it harder... just my observation. But I've absolutely quit asking women out. I'll die alone, before I go through yet another sucky choice and wasted time..
 Savona
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/6/2010 5:08:55 PM

I've not done the asking for a first date ~ and I won't be doing so in the future. Just isn't what I'm about. Hasn't seemed to hinder my social life when I want one, so it must've been OK with those I have dated in the past. JMO

What she said.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/6/2010 5:09:39 PM

I have asked men out in the past, however shot down everytime, toke it well too (was disappointed, but lets me know they weren't my type) Regardless of my zero record I will probably try again.

They should BE so lucky!
 Bookbelle
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2010 7:03:12 PM
Yep, I have. I figure that if I sit around waiting for guys to ask ME out, I could miss out on some really great people. Somebody has to take the initiative, so why not me?
 *buzz*
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2010 1:38:17 PM
Yes, I did.
If something catches my eye in his profile and pics support my inner feelings then I would like to know more. Face to face. Spontaneity takes first seat ...
 jsphn11
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/8/2010 10:46:42 AM
Never have and never will...
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/6/2010 2:35:25 AM
Wow! Agauesurup. I don't know what to say....except, if you're ever in Colorado look me up! Lol...Damn!

Back on topic: Yeah,....us guys never.like when women make the first move....NOT! This guy loves it! I think agressive, strong women are sexy!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/6/2010 5:20:58 AM
If I didnt ask guys out how the heck would I meet anyone?
I admit Im an assertive type~ I know what I like and go for it.
Even online...
 likemyrock
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/6/2010 7:10:00 AM

I did once by accident. Thought the adam's apple showing was simply because they were so skinny (it wasn't huge). Skinny women have a more prominent adam's apple, I was young, and confused.
It only happened that once, that I will admit to. We had a nice time.

Wait, actually twice. Once I contacted a fake profile of a guy who set it up using his ex's information and picture, he gave me her number (after I asked to meet), and it was a confusing mess. But I asked to meet via profile email, so technically I asked the guy out.

I have been asked out directly by women in my life.

Most of the time it's usually a game or manipulative behavior to let me know I should ask them out.
Or simply hiding behind something or leaving themselves an out in case the answer isn't what they want to hear.
Such as by being vague (Oh you thought I was asking you out? No friends first! Oh you thought we were friends first? No, we were dating!) , or using a place/alcohol/whatever as an excuse to avoid potential judgment (I'm not usually like this, I'm just drunk...we work together, I wasn't asking you out, I just want to be friends...but hypothetically if I asked you out what would you say, would you be interested?)

Rarely is it straight forward and honest about what they want.

IOW IME most women that have asked me out live up to the Jack Nicholson line about women; think of a man and take away reason and accountability.
 1eastshore
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/6/2010 5:50:12 PM
Yes I have asked men out.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2010 10:32:26 PM
Once. I'm not very bold.
 frienddougie
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/7/2010 6:41:12 AM

I'm an old fashioned woman, I wait for the man to initiate.

Ah yes the double standards. Women today are quite independent with their own lives and I truly applaud that. But they stlll use the "old fashion" stand and expect the man to do all the grunt work.
 frienddougie
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/7/2010 12:46:30 PM
But they stlll use the "old fashion" stand and expect the man to do all the grunt work.

Have you been "reading" these posts?
Have you not noticed that women "do" ask men out?

Yes, I should have written some instead of they. I'm bad.

don't know about younger than 40's (could possibly be "one" of the reasons that explains the cougar thing).

... and the younger ones also have the term "Yummy Mommy."
 Vannili
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 2:03:07 PM

Never have and never will...

Smart move...
But I will invite him for a dinner party at my house/restaurant, (who would pass a free meal)?? If he'd bring a girl not his sister, then I know the hand cards I dealing with....
 matchlight
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 3:47:46 PM
But they stlll use the "old fashion" stand and expect the man to do all the grunt work.

I often wonder if women who do that realize how unappealing it is, at least to some of us. Whether it's doing some of the asking, driving to meet somewhere part way between us, offering to pay part of the tab, or whatever, I always have a good feeling about a woman I can see is trying to be fair. It's the thought that counts--even if I choose to do most of all of the asking, driving, paying, etc. myself. It's a lot easier to like someone when you can tell she's thinking about you, too. That does as much to make her attractive as makeup and clothes.

On the flip side, it's not very appealing to see a woman demand and accept all the benefits of equality, and then act like it's 1910 instead of 2010 when it lets her take advantage. I know there may be other more flattering reasons why she'd sit back and expect the man to do the heavy lifting. And yet it often looks like she thinks they're not equals--like he owes her something. But what, if so? What benefit am I supposed to get later on that she *won't* get from me, I wonder, that I should think it's fair to start out one down to her to make up for it?
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/7/2010 3:59:01 PM
I always love the mortified look girls get when they ask me what they cover charge at my club is and I tell them, they ask; "Even for WOMEN?" and I say yes...they always ask why WOMEN have to pay...I tel them w believe in EQUALITY! They get so offended.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/12/2010 11:41:44 PM
Your next dumb question is ... 'who do you think about when you do'

neither of them will have the answers you want to hear.
If you want a guy to stop taking matters into his own hands.... you better be bringing something to the table to distract and deter
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/13/2010 1:35:36 AM
Its a wonder that some of you ladies get dates at all.

If you sit around waiting and waiting, and waiting for a man to hit you up, then chances are you've allowed countless opportunities to pass you by and you may have not even noticed.

And im sorry but that "im old fashioned" is total cliche nonsense.

We all live in rougly the same era....do we not? Last time I checked, its 2010....You live in the same year as well, correct? So you're "old fashioned" in what way exactly?

I should go around clubbing women over the head, and dragging them back to my case. Hey baby....IM OLD FASHIONED like that. Come on now.

Its just funny that whenever I hear a person use that phrase, is when its something they DO NOT want to do for themselves.

I wonder if people will still be claiming that nonsense in the year 3000.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/13/2010 2:03:05 AM

I wonder if people will still be claiming that nonsense in the year 3000.

Yes, but only when it serves them... when it comes to chivalry, cover charges and dating. When it comes to equal pay but not equal qualifications they'll be modern and scream QUOTA!!!
 eastwood969
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/13/2010 6:02:36 AM
I am still waiting for them to because if they are waiting for me to ask them out they will be waiting a long time. I'm only initially interested in someone thats interested in me. There is a lesson to be learned here for the other guys on pof. It doesn't matter if you like the way she looks, don't be the first to give in because you are ruining it for the rest of us. It should be even and right now from everything I have read and from dates that I have personally been on, the women admit that they do get a lot of emails. So I am just saying, don't make them beg but make it even because right now it's not.When I was much younger we went to the skating rinks and they had two different sessions one was where the guys skated across and picked the girl the other was where the girl skated across and picked the guy. It wasnt easy on everyone. It was down right scary for some thats why I didnt participate but other than that it was the truth and since the truth will set you free and we all like the idea of being free, please do it the right way, the fair way. Make the women go first.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/13/2010 6:11:19 AM
Women will do what they do and if it works for them, they'll continue. If women know that not making moves gives them less options, I'm sure they're fine with that. If a woman wants to wait for a man to ask her out or call her and no one ever does, then that's her choice. If she dates less, I'm sure she's aware that's part of her choice.

To the poster below me - men tend to take it as interest when women who would otherwise avoid them out of fear of being misunderstood talk to them because they're married and it's safe. Ironically, those men see it as a sign of interest anyway - which isn't surprising, men tend to take friendiness of women as interest in most cases.

Unless a woman straight out tells you she wants to sleep with you (and she's not friends with your wife which is more of a test than anything) or she's hot for you directly, don't assume it's interest.
 frienddougie
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/13/2010 6:12:38 AM
What is interesting are the women who show an interest in you when they know damn well you're married. That happened to me more than once. But once you're not longer married those women seem to disappear. Everything goes from the safezone to the dangerzone.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/13/2010 7:03:32 AM
"I've also noticed that when women do get rejected they have more extreme reactions than they allow men to have...they either call names like "homo", try to insult you or go the other extreme and get real pushy/creepy and won't take no for an answer!"

i agree. what's wrong with you women? i've turned down first date sex from pof women twice and they stormed out pissed off. one said you must be gay! funny as hell. but what immature behaviour.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you ever asked out a guy? How often do you do that?