Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EarlzP
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Seriously, is this administration crazy??Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Look let me help you to under stand, when you are baking a cake you can't possibly know how it will turn out until it's baked, now our President has only been in office since January his cake ain't baked yet, give him a little time. I know you have heard this old saying "Some times it's gotta get worst before it gets better" and if history repeats its self as it often does President Obama will hold course as a democratic leader does and the economy will recover

What a bunch of drivel... Obama's deficit is already FOUR TIMES George Bush's! And that's just SO FAR! Now we're hearing talk of ANOTHER bailout? Are you KIDDING me? Even worse, after promising not to raise taxes on the middle class, now we have Cap & trade looming - which at the end of the day is a gigantic HIDDEN energy tax... Obama will campaign for reelection still claiming it wasn't a tax increase too... I can't even believe you accusing Republicans of "bleeding" anyone dry - not with Obama and his LOOTERS on capital hill! They've not only LOOTED our treasury, now they're running the show, and can print money they want at will! Of course if that's not enough, they've also stolen the nations credit cards and maxed them out too!

Lets at least be truthful with one another we can't continue to operate throwing out things like and I quote you

Obama will campaign for reelection still claiming it wasn't a tax increase too..

You can't possibly know what "President" Obama will say when he runs for re-election andddddddddd the Federal Reserve prints money not President Obama

I can't even believe you accusing Republicans of "bleeding" anyone dry - not with Obama and his LOOTERS on capital hill

I am just going by the records of previous administrations and when you do that it's obvious that when republicans are in office the country goes into an economic slump, you see I am not making this up it's in the books

Well I am a hard working tax paying man and its time for me to get it on, have a great day I will catch up to you later, actually I have this sweet little blue eyed southern lady awaiting me later, she's living proof that not all republicans are bad

PS: What do you hunt in the swamps? Do you go on foot or do you fly over them in a helicopter like soon to be ex-governor Palin does?
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Seriously, is this administration crazy??
Posted: 7/10/2009 11:21:10 AM

"Electing him president is analogous to putting an Army private in charge of the entire Defense Department." Ted Nugent

And by Earl's definition he so kindly looked up: (the first def)

Electing him president is similar to putting an Army private in charge of the entire Defense Department.

Sorry, the Nuge used the word correctly.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 12:51:41 PM

Well quite frankly, yes...yes it is.

The cool thing is, though, that aside from the blind, sheeple-type devout followers, most are figuring it out.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Friday, July 10, 2009

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 30% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-seven percent (37%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of –7 (see trends).

The Rasmussen Consumer Index shows that consumer confidence is down again on Friday. That’s the sixth straight daily decline and confidence is now at the lowest level since mid-March. Just 8% rate the economy as good or excellent while 62% say it’s in poor shape.

For the second straight month, voters are more likely to trust Republicans than Democrats on the economy. A Rasmussen video report notes that most Americans say the efforts of the G-8 leaders are not likely to help the economy. And, 59% reject the Pope’s call for more international regulation of the economy.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 8:10:17 PM

To my way of thinking, your choice to attack Bush instead of addressing these allegations is just another one of your blind hatred- of -all -things -conservative rants that you constantly spew.

To my way of thinking, you've chosen to attack an individual instead of addressing the topic.

Umm, LMAO...would this be the epitomy of a pot/kettle/black scenario? I believe it would.

On topic: yes OP, seriously...it's crazy. They thought they were crazy like a fox...turns out, they're crazy like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
 EarlzP
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 4:53:37 AM

What's really funny, is how liberals think they know what conservatives think. They use the same thought process that they use for themselves, which confuses them. Just because Bush was a republican, doesn't mean that conservatives support everything he did. I know his Presidency is history, but trying to change that history so soon, only makes you look silly. During the first 6 years of his presidency the economy was growing. Even if it was growing on shaky ground.
If you want to look back at Clinton, then get it right too. His first two years were not going well. Then Newt Gingrich, and the Republicans took over Congress. Clinton's economic polices very much began too resemble Presidents Reagan's. With limited government, and letting the people keep more of there own money. Remember that all of these latest Repub Presidents also had to rebuild our military, that liberal always likes to cut.
Of course obama is only cutting the spending of our military. The rest he is increasing the spending to pay back those who help get him elected. Obama would be smart to copy Clinton's economic plan, not the goofy one he is following now. [/quote}

What we really need is a fact check program here at the forums, a program that would automatically eliminate or high light non factual content, probably high lighting would be better that way our freedom of speech would be protected but pure BS like you spout off with "most" of the time would be made obvious to you, trying to stick to the facts with you is exhausting maybe that's what you have in mind
 wisguyingb
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/13/2009 5:22:30 PM
I think one big reason that AIG got itself into trouble is that they insured many of those mortgage backed securities. Their failure became imminent as more and more people defaulted on their mortgages, and they (AIG) had to keep covering the claims of the now toxic mortgage backed securities. Or something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we were told that AIG was "Too Big to Fail?" And bailed out by the Federal Government, I mean us the taxpayers...
 EarlzP
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 10:25:46 AM

Spend to save?? We should have elected my wife. She's an expert in the field

It's easy to be critical, what is your answer to the present economic mess we are in, let me wager a guess, you think we should give more tax breaks to big business?
 EarlzP
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2009 11:31:37 AM

Earl, you're right. It's easy to be critical of this administration. Their actions make them easy targets for criticism. But, let me give you answer to what I'd do. First, I would have vetoed the stimulus bill. It wasn't designed to provide economic stimulus as much as it was designed to pay off political allies and enhance Obama's reelection. For about the same price we could have had a tax holiday for all citizens for a year. Not that I like the idea, but it would have had an immediate effect. Here's a list of things which I feel should be done:

Being critical is always easy.

1. Tax incentives for business to build new production facilities or expand existing ones.

So since the Reagan administrations big business has had their hands in the tax incentive jar and you want to give them more?

2. Remove most, if not all, the govermental red tape to that expansion.

Right lets give them the money to expand and then remove all regulations just in case they actually use the tax incentives

3. Cut the capital gains tax rate to provide the money for the expansions.

There is answer lets give these modern day carpetbaggers carte blance

4. Extend the accelarated depreciation schedule to allow the amortization of costs quicker.
5. Stop immediately trying to artifically maintain home values and mortgage rates low.
6. Reinstate the tax exemption for interest earned on savings accounts indexed for inflation to today's dollars from where it was when it ended.
7. Implement a hiring freeze of most new federal government workers except for the military services and the Coast Guard.
8. Eliminate the Departments of Energy and Education.
9. Encourage through the tax code a movement towards the use of nat gas a the primary fuel for transportation. And drill, drill, drill.
10. Make the tax code simplier. In fact, I'd entertain the idea of moving to a flat tax.

I stopped after #3 because big business has had an opportunity to grow their businesses and have chosen to move over seas so I have some better idea's

1-Lets tax any thing that they produce overseas and then bring in this country, we need to put a stopper in the economic drain

2-Lets cap prices on all essential items and if the companies effected are opposed lets nationalize their assets and we can take over running them

3- Take back the stimulus money and earmark where every cent of it goes, prioritize stimulus spending by the potential savings each project has

4- Subsidize the private car manufacturer who has developed an electrical car and spend spend spend to move our country from fossil fuel dependence to the new century

I think there are a lot of things that we can do to jump start our economy but way down the bottom of my list would be to let the power junkies put their greedy hands back into the tax incentive jar.

Their is a saying it goes desperate times call for desperate measures I think President Obama should declare an national emergency so that he does not have to deal with the senate or the congress and all of their game playing, your suggestions are just more of the same policies that got us to the point of where we are today.

What else do they say same old s-it same old stink
 EarlzP
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 1:22:05 AM

I think that takes the cake as being the most un-American post I saw in these forums........

Un-American? Un-American is when you tell lies to the American people and their reps and use those lies to invade another nation, Un-American is when you stand in front of the American people a week before the economy goes into the tank and tell them that the fundimenals of our economy are strong, Un-American is when you sell your vote to a lobbyist that special interest send to Washington to ensure that you can still rob the American tax payer, Un-American is when a large corporation like Exxon raises it's prices at the pump to 4 dollars a gallon when you know that the economy is in the tank, Un-American is when you are a lending institution like BOA and you raise your interest rates from 6% to 30%

I sure some dem's would also like to see obama to become leader of the world. The new one world ruler for life. Of course your other four wishes are pretty dang stupid too.........

When and if god forbid the republicans ever get back in office and can complete the job they started of pilfering the last cent from America you may see a new world leader , my advice would be to start taking lessons in Chinese.
 EarlzP
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 4:29:28 AM

Then by that definition would the Obama administration be unAmerican by lying to the American people and their reps??
From the Washington Post, "..... the administration has badly underestimated how much unemployment would rise even with its $787 billion economic stimulus plan in place. Those missed projections have led some critics to question the credibility of the administration's economic forecasts ......."

One is called PROJECTION based on available information, the famous Bush statement "the fundimentals of our economy are strong was either an out right deceptive misleading statement or shows how poorly his administration with all of his economic advisors were able predict not the immediate future but the present condition of our economy,which do you think it was? Remember he knew he was on the way out?

Now if I knew unemployment would go above 10% back last fall and early this year GDP growth would be negative in the 3rd and 4th quarters this why didn't the administration?? Or did they and just spout off numbers to justify the political pork bill call stimulus, cap & trade, and UHC.

Since the majority of the stimulus money has not been used it potential to control the unemployment rate has been undermined, I think the mistake that President Obama made was to think that the republicans would put the good of the country ahead of their own selfish greedy interests

Once again I'll say this administration is economically challenged and/or they're deliberately lying so as not to scare off the remaining support they have for their agenda. Here's my newest economic prediction which I challenge you to save and call me on it if I'm wrong. Full employment (nominally defined as an unemployment rate of 3.5%) will not return until 2015.

Well let's see so you apparently think President Obama will be re-elected in 2012, if that is the case reaching 3.5 % will be a pretty good achievement, now here is my wager if the republicans get back in office our economy will be in a major depression exactly where it would be right now without President Obama in the white house.

It's pretty hard to get things done when the republicans call in thier carpetbagging buddies (special interest lobbyist) to buy off the people we elect to represent us ie: 350 lobbyist to spread 474,000,000 dollars and thats just to defeat the health care plan
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 7:46:26 AM

It's pretty hard to get things done when the republicans call in thier carpetbagging buddies (special interest lobbyist) to buy off the people we elect to represent us ie: 350 lobbyist to spread 474,000,000 dollars and thats just to defeat the health care plan

Huh?! You DO realize that you have control of the Presidency, both Houses of Congress and soon to be, the Supreme Court, right? No, the reason democrats are backing away from supporting Obama's UHC, is because a) they are being overwhelmed by calls and emails from their constituents and, b) they see his approval rating falling faster than Wile E. Coyote going over a cliff and realize they need to start distancing themselves from him in order to get re-elected next fall.

I wonder how much Obama and his scallawag lobbyists are paying for radio, newspaper and TV commercials plugging his programs? In spite of, Americans are now under the 50% figure in support of going along with his UHC junk. That is why he's now announcing that 'maybe by the end of the August'...'hopefully by the end of the year', yadda yadda blah blah.

~ds~
 EarlzP
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 10:32:19 AM

Huh?! You DO realize that you have control of the Presidency, both Houses of Congress and soon to be, the Supreme Court, right? No, the reason democrats are backing away from supporting Obama's UHC, is because a) they are being overwhelmed by calls and emails from their constituents and, b) they see his approval rating falling faster than Wile E. Coyote going over a cliff and realize they need to start distancing themselves from him in order to get re-elected next fall.

I think my original reasoning is right and I have 474,000,000 reasons why I believe that, but in the end all we need to do is follow the money and whose pockets it ends up in,. do you agree?

I wonder how much Obama and his scallawag lobbyists are paying for radio, newspaper and TV commercials plugging his programs? In spite of, Americans are now under the 50% figure in support of going along with his UHC junk. That is why he's now announcing that 'maybe by the end of the August'...'hopefully by the end of the year', yadda yadda blah blah.

I expect that polls can easily be manipulated for instance if I go into a predominately republican area the polls will not favor President Obama if I go into a predominately democrat area they will favor the President, polls are as useful as used toilet paper
 EarlzP
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 1:56:42 PM

I wanted to chuckle, but this is Not amusing. It's no joke anymore guys.
Obama's dooms day speeches for his bills ARE just that "used car salesman" hype. Obama kept harping that the country was going to hell if the stimulus wasn't signed yesterday. Well I hate to tell you we are still in a big fiery mess, actually America's financial messes are blazing now. All I am seeing is rising foreclosures, unemployment and a shaky stock market since Obama became president. Has anyone seen any improvement, especially in these areas?

http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/dow/
Dow +188.03 +2.12% 9,069.29
NASDAQ +47.22 +2.45% 1,973.60
S&P +22.22 +2.33% 976.29

DJ Totl Mkt +234.24 +2.39% 10,023.20
Russell 2000 +17.15 +3.24% 545.85
Philadelphia Semiconductor +2.95 +0.98% 304.72
Dow Transports +111.29 +3.28% 3,506.12
Dow Utilities +9.19 +2.52% 373.85
NYSE Composite +151.11 +2.46% 6,302.52
AMEX Composite +22.75 +1.38% 1,665.73

I don't know much about the stock market are all of those plus signs good or bad, did Ford just announce a 2nd quarter profit of over $750 million

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSWEN974020070726

Ford posted a net profit of $750 million, or 31 cents per share, compared with a loss of $317 million, or 17 cents, a year earlier.

I guess you were only looking for bad news?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >