Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DaytonDennis
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Bad experience with petsPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
^^^^^ Gosh, I agree with Motown again, but last time I did that the thread got deleted? whats up with THAT? and Motown is a dog training guru? Be afwaid.... be vewwwwwwy afwaid!!
 Rythmn
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Bad experience with pets
Posted: 7/11/2009 12:05:43 PM
ah, OP has found that the carrot, and not the stick, makes all the difference in the world to a horse. that is how i was trained to deal with the rescue horses i encountered.

with dogs and cats, try cantelope! i once had a half melon on my plate on the floor. came back to my dogclamped onto one end of the melon and my cat affixed to the other. he was dragging the two (cat and melon) along the floor. she was growling and holding onto her end of the melon at the same time. just in time to cut the melon in two and prevent a lover's quarrel. when she was a kitten, she slept on top of him and if you so much as yell at her, he'll grab your leg very fiercely. pets can be extremely funny. i believe they are the root cause of most of the original cartoons!

glad your date is working out!
 no_excuses_please
Msg: 98
Bad experience with pets
Posted: 7/14/2009 2:43:33 PM
People assume that you'll find their pets as endearing as they do.
Personally I avoid women w/ profiles showing them holding an animal or kissing it.

I like dogs and cats.
But they are just that...dogs and cats.

I'm not going to be mean to them...but I'm not going to make them the focal point of my life.
Some people do...and then become angry and confused when you don't see things the way that they do.

I spent the night at a lady's house that had an incontinent dog that she let sleep on the bed.
The dog had an accident and I left after taking a quick shower (no...besides the one in the bed).

The next day I got a call about how I had upset her dog with my reaction.
I hadn't yelled or anything..I had just got the bed really quick and then got into the shower.
I told her that I had never had a dog urinate on me before so I guess wasn't sure HOW I should react.
Needless to say,we cut things short.
She never apologized for her dog.

As I said,I like pets.
To a point.
 TryAgan
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Bad experience with pets
Posted: 1/5/2012 4:03:44 PM
How about putting a pulsating vibrator in a sock and throwing it on the floor?
That should get cat's attention.
 nativerock
Msg: 103
Bad experience with pets
Posted: 1/7/2012 4:40:26 PM

Guess I'm shyt outta luck in the dating pool now that I've recently adopted a 3' Snowy Egret but he now lives here and you don't.

Only one thing worse than that is being a raw vegan like myself.. Don't try and take away a man's meat..
nativerock
 TryAgan
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Bad experience with pets
Posted: 1/8/2012 12:36:56 AM

I've recently adopted a 3' Snowy Egret but he now lives here and you don't

If a snowy bird can adapt to Florida weather, so could some Canadian men.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 106
Bad experience with pets
Posted: 1/23/2012 3:43:54 PM
Well, clearly you did not meet with their approval...lol. My suggestion is to stay out of the barn and out of the saddle.

But seriously, pets can make or break a relationship, especially if the pet owner lets his/her animal have a dominate role in the house or does not curb their bad behaviors. I liked this funny guy once but his dog could not be left alone more than a couple hours at a time and his aggressive barking at other dogs, cats and people meant he could never come to my place because of the ruckus and risk he might bite someone or their pet. It created a lot of tension that we could not travel and had to plan our time together around the dog. What was originally fun turned into a big buzzkill and soured me forever on dating dog owners.
 corriedale
Msg: 107
Bad experience with pets
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:30:59 PM
I know my Collie would herd you away in a moment if you didn't stand your ground and I don't mean in a mean way but just dominant.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >