Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 heterotic
Msg: 7
Single parent brag!Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I just got preapproval on a new construction and $80,000 in land!!
 wanderbaby
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/1/2009 2:42:31 PM
Having a car paid off is sooo nice! Ironically I had just had my car paid off, with it being paid on my own, and love the car, it got totalled with my daughter, nephew, and I in it, luckily we were safe from harm, but the car wasn't. I then had to use my mom's car and take over the payment, high payment for 3 years. And in March 2010, it will be paid off!
 heterotic
Msg: 11
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/1/2009 4:02:48 PM

That's awesome! Is it $80,000 for the land AND construction? Surely not.

No, lol, it's $360,000 total :)
 wanderbaby
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/1/2009 4:15:20 PM
yes,d ropped teh full coverage, grrr. figured what are the chances of me getting into an accident and have the car totalled on my end. lesson learned lol, it was really the front of the end that was damanged but not worth to fix since that's the value of the car in itself.

how sweet to get your own land and start a house from scratch! make sure you pamper yourself and get a big bathtub to soak in ;o)
 heterotic
Msg: 16
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/1/2009 4:34:21 PM
I will definitely always keep my full coverage!! It's actually only like $520 for a 6 month policy so it seems silly to me not to.

Congrats on all the new cars! You're making me want to trade it up!! I've been eying that new Jetta like crazy... lol!!

I am so excited. I found out I hate so many things about the house I bought when I was 21, mostly that there are not near enough windows and the layout I thought I loved, I really don't like at all. It's going to be nice to live somewhere that nobody else has ever lived.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/1/2009 7:18:19 PM
Paid Cash for a newer car for me. I bought it today.
I doing great in Grad School.
I was able to help out the ex, so she could do somethings she wanted to do for her and the kids. That felt good.
My business is going good, and my clients are happy.
I saw some old friends
I chatted with my brother.
In general life is pretty good, and am thankful for all my blessings.
 ABCGIRLZ
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/1/2009 9:21:34 PM
I dont have much to brag other than my two wonderful beautiful girls.

The vehicle I have is paid off but was giving to me by my mother. I work part time and go to school full. I have roughly 2 more yrs left. I struggle in college big time, still not in the education program but keep at it. I know one day I will have my own house and a newer car but right now I am working on things now
 leggy lisa
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/2/2009 4:09:26 PM
my daughter has her own flat and a good job , my oldest son has just finished 3 yrs at college and now has a good job and my middle son is going to college in September and i also have a 4 yr old , i work 2 jobs and finished a part time college course last yr myself, paid cash for my new car, none of my kids have ever been in trouble and i also do volunteer work and all without any help myself
 heterotic
Msg: 38
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/4/2009 11:25:34 PM
Had to add a new brag!

A font I designed was used in last month's issue of Glamour!
 heterotic
Msg: 39
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/5/2009 7:21:18 AM
rock_hunter, that is awesome!! A la buena vida en Sevilla!
 heterotic
Msg: 42
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/5/2009 10:19:56 PM
Rock on! I hope no one outbids you!
 piratemsz4u
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/8/2009 7:04:19 AM
Single Mom for 8 yrs now, will graduate with a bachelors of nursing in 3 more semesters. My kid has excellent grades, very advanced in her reading and sciences, very well mannered and helpful. Thanks for the brag post!
 thenewbev
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:00:45 PM
I took my13 year old daughter and 3 of her friends camping for a week and we all made it home alive!!! Yeah it was at a campground but we stayed in tents. We used to go as a family but since the divorce 2 years ago, I had to learn to make fire and hobo pies!
 heterotic
Msg: 53
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/20/2009 5:59:29 PM
Not me, but my friend, single mom of a 2yo just closed on her first house! $8000 bonus for her! Yay!
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 54
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/20/2009 7:00:32 PM
This is a cool post!

I am going through my 2nd divorce, (1 for 10 years and 2 for 20 years). A wonderful mortgage broker helped me refinance at 2.8% (was at 5.8%), and I bought my soon to be ex out. The 10 acre farm is mine to renovate and sell when my son finishes school.

I am self employed, and love what I do. Awesome to work from home.

My youngest child (son) has finished grade 12 and will be sticking around for another victory lap! WOOHOO, I wasn't ready to be on my own yet.

My eldest just informed me that I will be a grandma again. ( I worked hard on that...NOT!)

Life is good!
 heterotic
Msg: 59
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:33:04 AM
^^^ I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm sure that things will continue to look up.
 robin81163
Msg: 61
Single parent brag!
Posted: 7/22/2009 4:12:27 PM
I just could not resist this one. I LOVE IT
I became a single parent when my kids were 4 & 6 - found I could not support them working min wage so went back to school. Started working in the oilpatch and making good money. The best feeling is knowing that YOU can do it on your own. My kids are grown up now but for 15 years I did it. I just finished paiding off my home and own my truck. Now it's my turn.
 techgirl27
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 10/27/2009 10:47:56 AM
I pay all my own bills and all on time, manage my own 2 BR apartment, own my 2008 car outright, my son even said I do a "better" job of parenting and keeping things clean than his other parent (I dont even call him a "father" since he doesnt act like one or treat him like one), I will have an MISM degree in 18 months, and am a stay at home mom for the time being, all without ever asking anyone for a dime!
 techgirl27
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 10/27/2009 11:53:05 AM
Not everyone has a zero balance in the bank.
Its called being sensible with cash and being ready for a recession.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:10:17 PM
Holding an A average in my MBA course work. Being able to save some money, and still doing some fun stuff, like taking my son on a pony ride. Oh moving to a nice farm house last month.
 techgirl27
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 10/29/2009 11:00:07 PM
The 50/5o thing is only mandated in the 9 community property states. I can't wait to get my rear end out of Texas!
 hungry_joe
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:32:16 PM
^^^Madam, I can only speak for myself, for those are the experience I have true first hand knowlegde of.

I had been to a point where I was living out of my car. I have some pretty terrible disablities as a result of the War on Terror. The courts did a number on me, where they ordered the support to my ex-wife first, then several months later, I recieved custody of our son. I've had experiences where I had to choose gas over food for myself so I could continue to work and make sure my son ate. Throughout it all, I never gave up faith, or hope. Now a few years later it was exactly (3) yesterday, I live in a nice home. Drive a car that is paid for, am able to continue my education. I still pay the ex-wife, oh well. All of this was because of hard work faith, and my beleif that I live in the Greatest Nation on Earth, because here you can fall, but pick youself up, bush yourself off, and become greater then you were before you started.

In short, count the Blessings everyday, and the irrations won't look so daughanting.
Here wishing to wishing you success, happiness, and luck in all you choose to do.

Cheers.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Single parent brag!
Posted: 11/7/2009 6:11:04 PM
Soulfire, I was addressing you. I used the arrows to indicate that. I am happy that all is well with you. I too have no intention of ever returning to the circumstances that led me to my hardships, and like you it taught me to embrace the suck and drive on. I think that you and I would get along well, and that we have a lot in common. I brought up my experience, because none of us really knows what another person has gone through. It is a shame that you do live so far way.

Again I wish nothing but blessings and happiness on you and your family. Best of Luck to you.

Gadget.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >