Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 118
Should men pay half of the expense of women's birth control?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

He should pay her for the amount of time she used it on his behalf. Eleven minutes per day, pro-rated per 24 hour day, for example.

... and that's at the beginning of a relatsionship...

... the longer it goes on, the less she'll be using it on his behalf, so it'd be like, what, 5 minutes every 14 days or so?

... and then he should get additional deductions for her having headaches too....

Arabianangel
Msg: 119
Should men pay half of the expense of women's birth control?
Posted: 9/7/2009 7:16:50 PM

I'd only want to pay half if I'm having sex with her.

If she's having sex with some other guy, there's no fvcking way I'm going to be paying for his half....

I can always count on CB for a good laugh!
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:22:49 PM

And why the hell should we? We pay for everything else, now we need to pay to keep your honeypot from ruining our lives with unwanted children too?

How stupid can you be? You were a part of what happened. Share in the consequences. I'm really ashamed or the males who wouldn't step up and be a real man.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:26:59 PM

You were on the pill before him,its your respociblity to pay.LOL...you have some dam nerve.
wow Bill. I bet your Mom would be so proud of you now. Do you have any sisters? Daughters? Dictionaries?
 schweig0
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 8:57:27 PM
yes, but extra protection never hurt either.
 ~*Isabel Kitty*~
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 10:52:17 PM
I don't think a guy SHOULD have to pay half. But if you couldn't afford it, and it was the only method of birth control your using, he could offer to pay for it. I am not a guy, and yet I have bought condoms. So I guess it depends. If you say "I can't afford the pill this month" then the responsibility would be on him to buy the pills, or buy some condoms. I personally don't trust birth control as my only method, I have a fear of getting accidently pregnant & getting blamed for not taking them right. I prefer condoms, as even if I was on the pill i'd insist on them, so I just don't bother.
 sammylg
Msg: 126
Posted: 9/8/2009 9:08:39 AM
Sure men should pay half for Birth Control Protection. Women pay for the Pill (or whatever they use), Men for Condoms. How hard does it have to be?
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:16:00 AM
WOW,

There must be some people acting like "Bunny Rabbits", ,....If,

$30 is about what a month's supply of condom would cost.

$30 would buy me a years worth of protection, even if I bought the most Expensive Condoms available,..and Id probably have plenty of Condoms left over,...and dry rotted.....Expired,.....LOL

Yeah,.....remember High School,..and the "Secret Weapon" in your pocket,...or your Billfold/Wallet,.. had a perminate Ring embossed in the leather from the condom,...that you NEVER used ?

I remember those days well,......everyone had "Protection",.....you just couldnt find any Female willing to use it,...

The cost of Protection is Cheap, compaired to catching an STD,..or having a child from the encounter...as someone else mention, that then your obligated to pay Child Support, till their 18.

Just a small note on that,.....what if the "Couple" have the Child,..get Married, or decide to live together,..and Child Support is NOT an issue ????

Child Support,....should be SHARED,..between both parties......

It takes 2 People, to raise a Child,

It takes a Village, to raise an Idiot !

Its sad to think that Men MUST pay for the FULL ammount of raising a Child,..

Seeing the outragious ammounts some men are required to pay for Child Support,...
makes me GLAD, that I DONT, fool around, unless its with a Very Special Lady,..
someone that I wouldnt mind shareing my life with.

Even then,..Id perfer to wear a Condom, even if the other person is on Birth Control.

Unless,..we were trying to have a Child.
 Helen0426
Msg: 128
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:31:01 AM

Are we discussing a different country here because i currently have the implant (which i never paid for) and i have more condoms than i can count.

Yes, most of the posters herein are in the U.S., where birth control is rarely covered by health insurance. Although it is true that pretty much anyone can get free condoms here if they know where to go, which many may not (I do and also have loads of them). But, once things are monogamous and established for some length of time, and both have been established to be carrying nothing dangerous to the other, who wants to keep using condoms?

It occurs to me that the original question contains an erroneous assumption.

It isn't women's birth control - it's men's birth control, too! In order to need birth control, a man and a woman both have to be having sex, with each other. If they do not want children, the responsibility for prevention is every bit as shared as is the act requiring the birth control.

But I still say all that's moot, anyway. Insurance should cover it! And it is trending that way, albeit all too slowly.
 mulligan69
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:41:50 AM
Those that have said yes, all I can say is "Wow!"

Uh, no - the answer is no, and for many reasons.
 big pacific
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:45:43 AM
It isn't women's birth control - it's men's birth control, too! In order to need birth control, a man and a woman both have to be having sex, with each other. If they do not want children, the responsibility for prevention is every bit as shared as is the act requiring the birth control.

I'm cool with us sharing the responsibility, BUT then YOU have to give up the "it's my body" arguement when the unwanted pregnancy DOES occur, it can't be YOUR body when theres a choice, but OUR responsibility on birth control. If it's our equal responsibility for having sex, for birth control, then the decision is every bit as shared when something unplanned happned.

And that will happen when hell freezes over from flying pigs breath.
 CookieLady66
Msg: 131
Posted: 9/8/2009 12:26:01 PM
Wow! I'm just sitting here adding up all the $$$ I've saved in the last 13 years (since I had my tubes tied, cut & burned).
 Helen0426
Msg: 133
Should men pay half of the expense of birth control?
Posted: 9/8/2009 1:24:41 PM

However, all this 50/50, splitting down the middle attitude towards expenses shrieks of a non-giving, self-focused and foreboding relationship. If my partner was doing the shopping and birth control was on the list, I would expect him to pay. If I was doing the shopping, I would pay.

Yeah, I agree. In the abstract, obviously birth control is just as much an equal responsibility as is a child. But in the concrete world, if you have a good relationship, it doesn't matter, because neither of you is thinking about what it costs and who pays!
 lelathecat
Msg: 134
Posted: 9/8/2009 6:35:56 PM
I don't see it any more petty than all the males on here who whinge about spending $5 on a cup of coffee and a sandwich for a date.

Women have a lot more expenses than men do to make and keep themselves looking hot the way men want us to look.

I recall my ex husband's amazement when he found I spent about $100 a week average 20 years ago to look good. Haircuts, color, waxing, personal trainer, vitamins, cosmetics, skin care, perfumes, clothing, shoes, etc. etc. etc. He had this delusion that I just looked that way naturally for free.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 139
Posted: 9/8/2009 10:02:42 PM
I'm thinkin' too that if we break up in the middle of the month, I'm taking my share of the pills with me....

... she's not gonna be usin' them with the new guy. Let him buy her some...

DeepLuv09
Msg: 140
Posted: 9/8/2009 10:24:07 PM

If your on the pill, needle, ring, implant, etc, It can cost money. Some B-control is 28-30 a month..doesnt seem like alot but it adds up. If you are in a relationship do you not think that your boyfriend should pay half for your birth control if they are not wearing condoms and your relation is monogomous and long term?

Girl, where are your feminine whims? Its embarrassing that you even have to bring this up. If your man is paying for expensive dinners and buying you birthday gifts can't you at least pay for birth control? There is a little tact involved....sheesh!
 .oO_B_Oo.
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/8/2009 10:39:52 PM
Ok when did ppl stop taking responsibility for themselves? Your an adult, act like one.. It's your body, your choice to take BC and your responsibility. Why should he have to pay half? If you cant afford it than u definitely shouldn't be having sex since a baby will run u just a little more than $30/month.. Here's a thought.. Why not ask him to put in for half of your clothing allowance because your trying to look good for him? or to put in for the soap you use so that you don't stink around him?? First and foremost you take care of yourself, if your not able to do that I'm clueless as to how ur actively participating in an adult relationship.
 DeepLuv09
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/8/2009 10:43:49 PM

Ok when did ppl stop taking responsibility for themselves? Your an adult, act like one.. It's your body, your choice to take BC and your responsibility. Why should he have to pay half? If you cant afford it than u definitely shouldn't be having sex since a baby will run u just a little more than $30/month.. Here's a thought.. Why not ask him to put in for half of your clothing allowance because your trying to look good for him? or to put in for the soap you use so that you don't stink around him?? First and foremost you take care of yourself, if your not able to do that I'm clueless as to how ur actively participating in an adult relationship.

Xeebox

You have said it best. One thing that I never allowed my ex to do even though he always insisted is to pay for my trips to the spa, hair dresser or my shopping trips just because I knew if he spends money on me he's going to start acting like he owns me. I had a guy do that to me, he would insist on spending a lot of money on our dates and he thought that gave him the ticket to act the way he wants to. Psst.
 .oO_B_Oo.
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:02:41 PM
amen deepluv,

i wont let a guy buy me a $4.25 drink at the bar because 'sure i'll take a drink' seems to be code for 'would you like to brand me, bop me on the head, toss me over ur shoulder and drag me back to ur cave now?' keep ur change gentlemen.. i'll pay my own drink and save myself the bump on the head.. god i cant even imagine what 'u need to pay half of the cost of my birth control since ur sleeping with me' is code for

and really.. it kinda frustrates me that ppl put so much emphasis on these kinds of stupid petty things but can't even get the basics.. how about u build a stable foundation with ur partner, try not to get knocked up, end up with a child neither of u is capable of caring or providing for since ur still fighting over who's turn it was to pick up the contraceptives this month and get it together.. just a suggestion
 eastendwoman
Msg: 147
Posted: 9/9/2009 5:50:39 AM
It all depends on how the rest of the relationship is being handled. If, for instance, he always pays when you two go out for dinner and never asks you to pay half, then I think 30 dollars a month to pay for birth control isn't so bad. But if he asks you to chip in on dinner, which is much more than 30 dollars usually, then you should ask him to go half on the birth control.
 HotCocoa87
Msg: 150
Posted: 9/9/2009 7:47:01 PM
You're in Canada. Insurance should pay for your pills. If not, then you have a choice...either pay for the pills yourself like a big girl would, or insist that "they" start wearing condoms.
-----------------------------------------
FYI, our health care system does not cover prescriptions.
 ohsnaps
Msg: 152
Posted: 9/9/2009 8:22:56 PM
Wow. The reaction in this forum is amazing..

1) YES. Birth control is a responsibility on both parties.

2) 30$/month can be quite a bit to some people

3) If 30$/month on the girl is cheap, the 15$/month for the guy shouldn't be a big deal...

4) if he doesn't want to pay part of it, he can buy condoms
 karma1160
Msg: 153
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:02:28 AM
I can't believe your even asking this question Seriously if I were a guy I would make sure there was a 6 months supply on hand.
Birthcontrol is a lot cheaper than childsupport.
But yea you should have to be afraid to ask this question because if you are it tells me that you are not ready.
 ileft
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:06:58 AM
See here in the UK contraception is free. I think if you are required to take it then yeah I think both of you should contribute to paying. In my experience it seems to be the guy who leaves all that stress up to the woman as he may not wanna wear condoms so the least he should do is fit the bill if not contribute.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >