Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Death and the age of 50....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kpooks
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Death and the age of 50....Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
50? Hell, my brother didn't make it to 41. Died of colon, liver and lymph cancer. I think due to a lousy diet, sleep deprivation, drinking Super Big Gulps to stay awake at night in his truck driving job, which was beneath his intelligence, sleeping with sleezy women and not enough true love in his life. I sure loved him, would've liked to show affection a bit more often. Was a shock, for sure, to say the least. We...even he...had no idea how sick he was.

Stress certainly plays a factor.

I'm being a bit more careful, eating right, exercising every day, getting plenty of sleep, trying to keep stress low. Beyond that, it's in the hands of God, and, when it's my time to go, I'll embrace it and embrace my brother and other loved ones on the other side. I just don't want it to hurt, but I'm sure it will. I'm a prime candidate for heart attack and/or stroke.
 moraima
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Death and the age of 50....
Posted: 12/17/2009 8:31:27 PM
I was told at the age of 28 that I wouldn't survive to 30..............were they wrong.
My husband died at the age of 38. Never sick, lived fairly healthy lifestyle, then cancer took him in 18 months. Both experiences taught me to live my life the way I want, and never to regret not doing something I really want to do. Actually, what I went through when I was told I was terminal was to learn how to live my way. I will no worry about dying until it happens.
 Sleeplessintheburgh
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/17/2009 10:00:43 PM
Whether you're religious or not---there's a saying that is my life mantra (when I remember to stop my innately pessimistic mind long enough to chant it...) It's "Let go and let God". You have to give your worries to Him. If you are living the healthiest lifestyle that you can- no amount of fretting you do will change things. In fact, worrying about the inevitable is a surefire way to expedite matters....
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/17/2009 10:42:50 PM

50? Hell, my brother didn't make it to 41. Died of colon, liver and lymph cancer. I think due to a lousy diet, sleep deprivation, drinking Super Big Gulps to stay awake at night in his truck driving job, which was beneath his intelligence, sleeping with sleezy women and not enough true love in his life. I sure loved him, would've liked to show affection a bit more often. Was a shock, for sure, to say the least. We...even he...had no idea how sick he was.

I had colon cancer and I think one other person on this thread mentioned their wife having died from it...and yes there might be some factors that contribute to it...please for the sake of your family clean up your view of why he got cancer...it isnt something anyone deserves, especially the sleeping with sleezy women part

Having been told at 42 I only had a 40 percent change to live to 47...Im glad the doctors were wrong...

But it doesnt matter how long you live..it matters what quality of life you have...you got to keep your passion, your need to be alive foremost in your head and heart and live each day to the fullest.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/18/2009 4:17:41 PM
Yanno, Ismene, for a fella who only wrote a handful of poems, he sure did some doozeys didn't he?

serendipity929
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/18/2009 4:36:27 PM
Actually according to the CDC, the increase in life expectancy represents a continuation of a long-running trend. Over the past decade, life expectancy has increased from 75.8 years in 1995, and from 69.6 years in 1955.
Additionally, the continued reduction in deaths from the three leading killers in the United States - heart disease, cancer and stroke continue to expand life expectancy. This is most likely due to better prevention efforts and medical advances in the treatments of these diseases. Keep in mind that Mr. Jacksons death was not of natural causes and it is possible that many of the individuals that you spoke of have various risk factors that may have lead to a pre-mature death. My best advise to you would be to live a healthy lifestyle..have a physical and discuss these very valid concerns with your doctor. Eating right, exercise, reduced stress can go a long way...take care
 kpooks
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 11:29:33 AM
Death is easy. LIVING is hard. Money helps lol. Ahh, but what do we have to DO to get that money? In an ideal world, we'd all embrace our talents and those talents would place us exactly where we need to be, financially and with nurturing people who allow us and encourage us to stretch as far as our talents will take us.

The struggle for money is what lands us in an early grave, unless we're lucky enough to have pulled the right strings to have landed us in exactly the kind of work we want to be doing for the kind of coin we want to make. I'm not there. I'm doing wedding photography. I want to be doing movie cinematography.
 Gal_From_NS
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/29/2009 7:23:07 PM
I worked in genetic research recruiting patients for various studies mostly in cardiology and hypertension. I know this is going to cause controversy to the non believers but the higher the education, the more aware a person is to take care of themselves. Ask any cardiologist and he will tell you that this is true. Many diseases are inherited from our parents. Many diseases are caused from the lifestyle we live. One disease in particular is hypertension. Since the popularity of fast foods, a steady increase in hypertension has been documented in younger ages. The youngest I know of is 14 years of age. There is an epedimic of obesity and living a sedate lifestyle. These both have the potential to trigger many diseases: cardiac, hypertension, diabetes, cancer etc. It sound gloomy and it is. The most important thing we can do is try to live a healthy life. We can't control the environment and the toxins in the air but we can control what we put into our own body.
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/29/2009 7:53:55 PM
Death happens at any age, color, sex....it doesn't discriminate. My Husband died young he died at 42 yr old. He was two years younger than I. I use to fear death. Today I don't. I don't dwell on it but finally figured this is a fact of life. I have noticed a lot of people in their late 40's and early 50's tend to focus on death. It is like they need to feel and behave young because of fear. So live each moment. Take good care of yourself and eat right. We are given warning signs about our health and this includes mental healthIf we don't take charge no one else will. They can't make us behave . But death I no longer fear it....I fear leaving my daughter with no parent that is what I fear. Everything else takes care of itself and she will find her way just as I did after my Husband's death. I was scared up until his death. Now I understand it in a whole new way. We must make room for new life and new growth.........but not to soon and just at the right time.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 7:59:34 PM
my 52-year-old cousin was given weeks to live in July, but he's still with us.

i've lost people younger than him before, but the last time something like that happened - he was there for me. now i'm here for him.
 Resident Male
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:03:34 PM
This topic reminds me of what I thought was an oddity. My ex recently told our daughter that when her (the ex) time came, she wanted to be cremated and her ashes buried next to me (?)! I had to tell my daughter to inform her mother that I'm not dead yet.
 talldude2
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/31/2009 3:49:34 PM
For the most part, more folks eat themselves to death (or an early death).
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/31/2009 5:35:57 PM
but we can control what we put into our own body

Just about NOT unless you raise your own food, or know the person who does. . . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/us/31meat.html?th=&emc=th&pagewanted=all

But I agree: you can *try.* Meanwhile: live!!!

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Death and the age of 50....