Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 livefire
Msg: 135
Are virgins more attractive?Page 10 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Had a hard time keeping your virginity during your marriage? If I would have went into my marriage a virgin and hadn't lost it by the next morning, there would have been an annullment in the works by the next.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Are virgins more attractive?
Posted: 2/19/2007 12:11:47 AM

I have to admit, the first thing that popped into my head on reading this was a bit Dennis Miller had, talking about these crazy Islamic jihadists, and their reward in paradise of 72 virgins. It went something like, "Come on, along about virgin 9 or 10, aren't you just hoping for a gal with a little more experience!?"
 SaintElsewhere
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 4:38:23 PM
I knew a guy who used to say he liked taking girls' virginity "because then they would always remember him." He wasn't the kind of guy you would consider intelligent or sensitive... at least he was honest I suppose.
It was a small town; I'd say he deflowered about 10 percent of the population. Long story short, the guy kept getting older and the girls he was ****ing stayed about the same age, about 14 or 15. Since he was a drunken wastoid loser he didn't change alot himself over the years. He's been picked up a few times for statutory rape, but they haven't made anything stick yet.

Is innocence and purity appealing? Well Britney Spears sure sold a lot of albums in that schoolgirl outfit. The US entertainment factory runs on virgin A$$. Sex has become a major weapon for making men and women insecure enough to buy product. But it's all in good fun, right? Except for the extreme sexual neurosis. Perhaps it's just the release of all that Protestant tension. Just a little light on that good old southern darkness. Who knows?

We clearly **** each other up consistently when it comes to sex.
 jpneok
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/15/2007 3:35:00 PM
I agree I think the idea of a sexually inexperienced girl is more appealing to me - and less intimidating, I think that is another valid factor, especially since I'm a virgin too. All these "not interested in teaching" ladies that respond to these threads - no pressure! =/
 Engr
Msg: 146
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:40:32 AM

is innocence and purity more appealing than experience ?

Eleven times out of ten provided the virgin is young and pretty.

If the virgin is under age 22 and has equal looks to a non-virgin of the same age, then no contest; the virgin wins hands down. However, a thirty year old virgin, at best, would be suspect. Also, even if the girls are young, a hot pretty non-virgin is far more appealing than some average looking virgin.
 Ron9
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/24/2007 8:23:02 PM
I was sure I posted on this topic ..... but I can't find it so .......

"Are virgins more attractive?"

NO - I don't find ugly 4th graders all that attractive.

And yes that is the definition of a virgin > A ugly 4th grader.

I looked it up in Webster’s.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 156
ARE VIRGINS MORE ATTRACTIVE
Posted: 9/10/2008 8:41:33 AM
i wouldent use the word more attractive but apeeling. i think as guy we what the nice girl in the day and the for lack of a better word... vixin at night. but really what man wouldent want a women that was pure. i know i would at least. but todays image of a virgin make people think there is something wronge with it. in fact it is great. i hats off to anyone that it. they have masterd there flesh and are not hug up on sex. they are probley a very well rounded person and smart. plus they dont come in to a realtionship with all that baggage from the last go round with a man /women. there are no fear of std's, complication of kids, and woundering how many has the other person been with.

I think this line of thinking is just wrong. It is saying that a person that hasn't had sex is pure and one that has sex is impure. To me this is translating to mean that having sex is dirty, and it isn't.

As to being well rounded, I couldn't disagree more. A well rounded person would know how to let sex be part of their life without letting it control their life.

To say they are smarter for not having sex makes about as much sense as saying someone with an eating disorder is smarter than a person who eats everyday.

As to the original question, that doesn't even makes sense. If anything a person would be more attractive if they were having sex(at least good sex) as they would be happier and more relaxed and that alone makes anyone look more attractive.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 157
Posted: 9/10/2008 8:52:06 AM

Well I'm a virgin and I don't think I am more attractive because of it. The only thing it ever got me was scorn, pity(but no pity sex), and load after load of my precious cargo going into the trashcan. Seriously I weigh down the paper towels........ Like half my trash is spent load.

Sure you are. Me too, and I have four kids.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 4:03:37 PM
Maybe. But a 500 pound virgin (of either gender) is definitely not.
 mollymousse
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 9:27:29 AM
it should have been put are virgins more appealing!they always say you dont look at the mantle when you poke the fire! cant believe i just said that
 supernovastunnah
Msg: 177
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:32:56 PM
noooooooooooooo
yuck.
guys try to use it as a pick up line
its like uhm ewwwww no thanks
i dont care how many girls hes been with as long as its not 1 or less......and hes using condoms and not getting everything around him pregnant cause thats irresponsible and lame.
 amber187
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 5:29:14 PM
You know all this talk about virgins being more attractive here it is so what is more attractive cause they didn't give it up yet ok so you guys ask yourself so a woman who doesn't give it up by choice and now is not a virgin is not attractive cause she had no choice? I think I find people who don't have a different person in there bed every night is attractive cause I don't wanna catch anything. I have dated a virgin and so yah I had to teach them but I'm not no hoe by any means and I rather be in a longterm relationship in order to have se* I don't need or want a one nighter what pleasure do you get out of that.
 amber187
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2008 1:40:35 PM
You know I have heard some horror stories about both so you know I don't think anyone is more attractive cause there sexual prefrenses many i think everyone is special and experienced in there own ways and remember sex is just one part of a relationship it isn't everything
 Mickey_2007
Msg: 191
Posted: 10/18/2008 2:22:41 PM
Well it all depends on the person some guys want a woman that's experienced so they don't have to coach them in bed.Others want it pure to each it's own i say
 SAIUN
Msg: 202
Posted: 11/15/2008 8:40:22 AM

Totally ridiculous. Good luck in finding a virgin in this day and age. I thought this
nonsense was dead after the 60's.

I see a lot of these types of posts saying something similar in the many virgin threads on POF.

Is it meant to be a joke, and if so, who actually finds it funny?
 shyava
Msg: 208
Posted: 11/17/2008 3:56:14 PM
No more attractive than someone who has had sex before. It is inconsequential.
 _jay_see_
Msg: 212
Posted: 11/20/2008 2:38:57 AM
Experience appeals to women.

Innocence appeals to men.

End of story.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2008 5:57:36 PM
Experience appeals to women.

Innocence appeals to men.

End of story.

Actually it's just the beginning of the story... I mean, how's a guy supposed to increase his appeal level by getting the experience women want if all the women are simultaneously trying to up their appeal level by not being the ones that experience comes from?

It's a Catch-22 conundrum, I tell you. But it does at least explain why even in anonymous surveys men tend to pad their numbers while women tend to diminish theirs.
 LMAONOCOMMENT
Msg: 216
Posted: 11/22/2008 3:30:14 PM
Well now, i do not agree that virgins are prettier, i do know that they are smarter. Its a well known fact, that 3 minutes after they loss their virginity, all their brains fall out. Proven FACT.
 sddude
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2008 5:27:25 PM
I prefer virgins , they think that my finger weenie is big , nothing to compare .
 phishkev
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2008 9:11:56 AM
No-I care more about how experienced their brain is...virgin or not...
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 230
Posted: 11/25/2008 3:02:07 AM
This is possibly the most moronic thread that will not be allowed to die. It was created nearly five years ago. This - like George Bush serving two terms as President is yet another example of the stupidity of the populace.
 kasei1000
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2008 3:03:11 PM
This is a hard question to answer.

On the one hand, you can be nearly certain that a virgin doesn't have any STDs.

On the other hand, in my experience girls who have not had sex are a little immature and extremely self-righteous. They expect guys to treat them like a princess, just like their daddy did. They throw tantrums.

Most of the time the reason they are virgin is because they are waiting for The Chosen One to appear, who is some mythical combination of Donald Trump, Johnny Depp and Jesus.
 dead fish
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2008 11:04:03 PM
Some old virgins are virgins for a reason. Other people don't see them as attractive.
But the once that are virgin by choice might be more attractive. But they might want to stay that way.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >