Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the decent women looking for long term at?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *Sanscheyle*
Msg: 27
Where are the decent women looking for long term at?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Dude, at twenty I was looking for long-term but at 50 I'm just glad to have a decent bowel movement on a daily basis.

I don't think in terms of long-term anymore. I'm just glad to be able to get out of bed every day without tripping over one of my 82 cats...yes...this is what happens to shrews like me that won't "settle" for the bullshit that comes with the promise of "long term." Long-term, my a$$. Newsflash, my friend. Not all of us want to do your damn laundry, cook your meals in a french maid's uniform (cough....not that I would know anything about that, of course) and see to it that your physical needs are met on an hourly basis. pfft! (No offense here OP...just venting...sorry)

When some of you boys know what it takes to keep us interested for "long-term", then we'll gladly reciprocate. Women and men's needs are so different on a daily basis depending on our own personal circumstances no wonder no one wants to even go out on a first date much less think of something as complicated as long-term.

Hope this helps but I'm sure it didn't. ha!

Sans
 *topchef*
Msg: 28
Where are the decent women looking for long term at?
Posted: 7/4/2009 7:41:59 AM

All of the decent women are busy enjoying their lives with men who dont end their sentences with a preposition.

Translation....hanging out with someone smarter and more self-aware.
 tbuddha
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/4/2009 7:46:06 AM
^^^As for the "boring" comment.

That has NEVER been applied to me by any woman that knows me - at all. Not even close. I wasn't talking from any personal experience, but from my experiences listening to women in general, and how they act. Look at a show like "Sex in the City" that all the girls love and watch how the characters gripe about the same superficial crap. They want to hold men to a much higher standard than they live up to themselves. Yeah, it's just a TV show, but women wouldn't like it if they didn't relate.

One of my long time friends -who's female btw - told me the other day about a girl she knows leaving her husband of 23 years because she wasn't cumming anymore. Sad to say, but that's how a lot of women think. Not all of them, but a lot.

I'm sorry that you all seem to think I have had all these terrible relationships because I'm such a prick. The truth is I'm just good at filtering out the crap from my life by turning off the women I'm not interested in before they waste my time.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/4/2009 7:47:45 AM
Those horrible 20 somethings are a bi-product of many of us in our 50's soon to be 60's.
We grew up in the "free love" 60's and the crazy 70's and 80's.....weird shit always happens at every juncture.
I will say this, we do seem to have produced a crop of hedonistic, bubble heads who are nothing but walking vagina's. But there is always hope. Don't give up.. My best friend is only 18 and she's a very strong person. We're gym rats together and work at the same place.
If a young woman has faced adversity and has survived and come out of it a wiser, stronger person with goals and ambition who respects and values herself beyond the pages of Elle, then you have a keeper.
I'd dodge the cigarette puffing, pin cushioned, its all about me, lushes who put more value in the clothing brand and make-up brand than caring for a child or putting in long hours at work.
 beehearnow
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/4/2009 7:57:28 AM
OP...instead of getting defensive and attacking some of the people who have responded to you here, you may want to take a look at the way are seeking what you want.

I agree with your OT, generalizations s*ck. And are typically erroneous when it comes down to the individual.

Your profile is full of judgements based on generalizations. There is nothing wrong with saying what you want and what you don't want...and nothing wrong with conveying the space occupied by your baggage. Think about this, though: at 34 do you think about things the same way you did when you were 20? 14? or at any other point in your life? It will be the same as you get older. Perspectives change. We are changed by our experiences. Change is the only constant.

There are plenty of women, even young women, who are interested in living off the grid, and are okay with the kind of lifestyle you seek, including your drug of choice, especially if it is mutually supporting. Mutual is the key here. She needs to also feel supported and valued as more than an accessory to your value, not belittled by her individual beliefs, wants, and way of making ends meet. Acceptance goes both ways.

And while you are self medicating, you may want to remember that it is frustrating to try to interact with someone who is not present in mind. There should also be times of no medication.
 *Sanscheyle*
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/4/2009 8:23:06 AM

The truth is I'm just good at filtering out the crap from my life by turning off the women I'm not interested in before they waste my time.

I agree. Just remember that same phrase can be applied to the male gender as well and any man that watches "Sex in the City" to begin with has alot more issues to deal with than I thought. I'm an "Animal Planet" kinda gal, myself. lol (Again, no offense OP..just venting. I do agree with your filtering comment and I rarely give anyone a compliment unless I truly mean it.)

We all have standards whether you want to admit it or not. You have yours and I have mine. The trick is finding the right person that fits your criteria without them even having to try or you or I tapping our head and thinking "Hmmm...how can I change this person into who I want them to be??", no?

Sans
 stunt groom
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/4/2009 7:48:37 PM

Actually, RenMan, that's arguable... they don't serve any positive purpose for the man.

They do, on the other hand, stick around on the guy's profile so when they contact women they can look at his profile, see his bitter/negative rant blaming them (women, the entire gender) for all his problems, and it helps them know its someone they should probably avoid - lest they get in a relationship with some guy who's always blaming *them* for problems in the relationship.

The whippped man uttered from liberal land while holding his cat ....

Sit down, this might come as a suprise to you, but there are females out there who see the illness in the majority of modern american women. Just because most of them agree to be SICK doesn't make it any less an illness... If you travel outside of the U.S. you might think there is something wrong with THOSE women. They RESPECT men and have a healthy attitude towards sex. And yes there are women in the U.S. who feel the same way, it's just such a small percentage you so unlikely to find them it's hardly worth looking..... I think the best way to find them is to make your feelings known like the OP has and I have. ...

I'm not going to say what women want to hear. I'm going to say what I see to be the truth.. I happen to have a spine...If women want a man sans spine, then they aren't my type anyway..
 DocElffington
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:12:11 AM
I'm not looking for Mr. Right, because I've found him. As far as I'm concerned, there's no trading up, because there's no one out there who's better for me.

Mmmmmm.........

She sure knows how to butter a guy up!

OP: the obvious answer to me is...............

The women you'd consider to be "decent" DON'T consider you to be "decent" by their standards!

Ain't life a b!tch????
 stunt groom
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/5/2009 11:40:20 AM

Dude, at twenty I was looking for long-term but at 50 I'm just glad to have a decent bowel movement on a daily basis.

Too much info...

Not all of us want to do your damn laundry, cook your meals in a french maid's uniform (cough....not that I would know anything about that, of course) and see to it that your physical needs are met on an hourly basis. pfft! (No offense here OP...just venting...sorry)

Another one who doesn't know what her intended purpose is here on earth..

When some of you boys know what it takes to keep us interested for "long-term", then we'll gladly reciprocate. Women and men's needs are so different on a daily basis depending on our own personal circumstances no wonder no one wants to even go out on a first date much less think of something as complicated as long-term.

I'm sure oprah and ellen the degenerate keep you up to date on a daily basis as to what your needs are..
 stunt groom
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/5/2009 11:43:06 AM

Honestly never seen so many whiny guys who think they can just "pick an 'item' they find attractive off the shelf, and its theirs". Maybe they should just get purses and heels and go to the mall...

Live with cats and end up catty...Meow...
 tbuddha
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:22:17 PM

The women you'd consider to be "decent" DON'T consider you to be "decent" by their standards!

Can someone point out a single woman on pof that I'd consider to be "decent"?

I have to chuckle to myself at all the posters who think I sound "angry". Can you explain how? Because I don't like things about you, that makes me angry? I just filter you out.

It seems to me that the ones who disparage me personally are the ones with the issues. They are going after me for my profile, which is very honest and to the point, and doesn't disparage people, but simply defines what I want. Like the pot thing. All these dumb girls keep saying that I'd get more girls if I quit smoking pot. I DON'T WANT/LIKE/RESPECT women who think pot is bad - because they are dumber than rocks. That is why I put it in my profile and don't hide it. I have no shame about who I am. Maybe you should check yourself.

Bottom line, I don't care if you don't like me. I like who I am, and I think most of the women on here are total losers. Those two facts are not mutually exclusive.

Listen to how dumb people on here sound. They make comments like I don't get a lot of responses/attention from women (I do), when it's not quantity, but quality I'm looking for anyway. Maybe the truth is people who make those comments are in fact the ones just looking for quantity to boost their ego.
 Alabamamam
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:24:06 PM
O.k. OP I am decent woman you are welcome to review my profile.
 beehearnow
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:30:36 PM
^^
probably not. go smoke...
 tbuddha
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:34:00 PM

..and how am I to discern this? You have next to nothing about yourself in your profile.
 Alabamamam
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:53:53 PM
I do not have to put anything in my profile because I am not here to catch the fish. However, many women have very well written profiles and I believe many are sincere and pretty. All you have to do is to start spending time with them and allow a nice flower to unwrap. You will learn from quite a few of them (not at all) that they are indeed very decent people and not all crazy and worthless. But you do it with a positive attitude, open heart .
Here are women who are attractice, faithful, intelligent and caring.
 19justice78
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:57:34 PM
sorry darling I'm in Georgia.
 tbuddha
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/5/2009 2:41:07 PM
^^^Poetry? Kittens? I think the difference is that if I saw a woman's profile on here that slammed the men on this site, I wouldn't think she was angry because of the profiles like yours I've seen on here. I could understand her disappointment.
 Isabella1900
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 2:42:22 PM
With out a gentleman there are not a lady.

We (women) do dream about finding the right one and live happy forever
maybe the problem is that we are making mistakes when we select our partner.

We need to comunicate in a open way what our needs are. Why passion needs to die?
If she "get bored" It means to me that she wasn't the right one for you
Susy
 stunt groom
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/5/2009 3:34:38 PM

Ease up on the hair dye. You're going to give yourself a tumor.. And all those chemicals on your brain makes you dumb...Someone else will be along to lie to you and tell yo what you 'want' to hear..
 stunt groom
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/5/2009 3:39:24 PM

And I'm "not single/not looking", so they can be disappointed if they want, no skin off my back. And even when I was 'looking' on here, I wasn't spouting off angrily about women that weren't what I was interested in, or who weren't interested in me if I was. Easy enough to just move along to another profile, find someone who maybe *was* what I was looking for, than to b**ch about them. "Plenty of fish" y'know...

Translation- 'I'm whipped so bad I like cats.. And you should be too...'

Quantity is no replacement for quality...
 Harley_Quinn999
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/5/2009 7:57:15 PM
I think people on POF are way to picky and shallow (not everyone of course but alot)
People need to realize People are not perfect, Everyone has flaws, its just whether or not your able to accept or over look flaws
 Harley_Quinn999
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/5/2009 8:10:41 PM
^^^ i agree with you actually, Men can be just as bad as woman with relationships
 catkin2007
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:24:03 PM
Wow another "where are" forums. How sad really that both sexes can't see the common denominator in all their broken relationships... ourselves.

It takes two to make a relationship work and two to keep the fires alive. Sure it is hard work, takes work, and a desire to see it work.

It also takes a person realizing that you can't blame the past on the next potential partner. Good grief, if believed all men were like my Ex,why the heck would I bother dating? I wouldn't. I prefer to believe each man has potential until he proves otherwise on his own merits, not those of a previous Ex, lover, or date.

If that makes me strange, so be it. But I prefer to judge a person based on their words and actions and not those of the past....
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2009 10:24:53 PM
I think both men and women become shallow due to many reasons. What they watch on the media displays promoscuity as being a good thing to sell products, as they say sex sells. Sometimes when someone gets cheated on, some take relationships less seriously and only stick around as long as it feels good to them, so when the magical stage dies down, is time some split.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the decent women looking for long term at?