Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RushLuv
Msg: 3
Suggestive Photos Sexy Pics on BiosPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
They wanna tease you with them, but don't want to give up the booty?? Or maybe they want to clarify that they aren't some easy chicken head?

I know what comes along with posting sexually suggestive photos. I'm not dumb, nor was I born yesterday.

It is rather hypocritical, and contradicting on their part. Personally, I don't bother with disclaimers when it comes down to sex.

I know how hypocritical, and contradicting that would be if men were to scroll down, and see a disclaimer on the lines of "If you are looking for a quick hookup, don't bother messaging me!" I wouldn't be caught with any restrictions such as, "Must not be looking for IE", either.

Fyi, I would wear a tie, and panties with that special guy. You wouldn't catch me walking down the street in such attire.
 clasact
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Suggestive Photos Sexy Pics on Bios
Posted: 7/5/2009 4:08:17 PM

I see men with those bathroom mirror shots often... I think they do it because they think we'll be impressed and want to contact them.

And they COULD clean up the freaking bathroom at least before shooting the
ever so popular bathroom pic.
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 4:10:32 PM
I got an email the other day in which the male PoF'er stated that my leg shot lacked class compared to the rest of them, and I should take it down because it sends the wrong message. I dunno... maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong, but I wasn't my intention to post anything suggestive.

Perhaps suggestive can be subjective. ;-)
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 5:01:16 PM
^^^

Call me naive all you want, but I don't think it's suggestive. Jeepers, it's not like I'm spread eagle, lying on my back, LOL.

Like I said, it's all about perception, and that is something that I cannot completely control.

For instance, I bet many here have wondered why you have included a shot of you dancing with a young child. There have been countless threads on why people include animal and kids shots in their profiles, and opinions are all over the board.
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 5:04:54 PM
OMG, do you think my picture of my left thigh with the large black arrow pointing upwards, and the words "Insert here" could be misconstrued? Gosh, I'd better take it down post haste.. *

I have no, nor have I at any time since joining this site, had any even remotely suggestive/revealing photos. I save them for private email of course!! *

I am uncertain as to why so many women post suggestive pics, and then become incensed when men send them lewd comments..while it would be great to think most have evolved beyond the Neanderthal phase, common sense dictates otherwise.

*it's sarcasm people, laugh, ok?
 abelian
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/5/2009 5:20:19 PM
The do that so they can bash guys who assume what the photos were put there to imply. Why else?
 carolann0308
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 6:21:25 PM
For every tart in a red dress that proclaims to be a good christian woman, there is a guy standing in front of someone else's Porsche that swears he's not a player.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/5/2009 7:16:59 PM

Maybe Im just old fashioned and think If you would not wear it on a date to meet someone, why are some half naked on here?

It isn't about what you wear--it's how you wear it. I have been accused of racy pics, and yet the pictures that are posted on my profile are in outfits that I have just worn to school (I am a college instructor) or shopping, etc. I probably wouldn't wear the jeans on a date, but I would wear any of the dresses.

To me its a sign of weakness and desperation, trying to get "A LEG UP"

Maybe some of us just like to annoy those whom showing legs annoys.
 RushLuv
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/5/2009 7:47:55 PM
^^^Oh come on. You guys can't tell me that Gwen's legs aren't absolutely fabulous.

VVVV
On second thought, gotta love Truths sense of humor.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/5/2009 8:09:00 PM

I can't? why not?

Because it will hurt my feelings.

it's not yet another one of the POF rules is it..literally says that you can't EVER tell GWEN that her legs aren't fabulous?

Actually, I realize that my legs are short and plump--but I sometimes do things in response to what people tell me not to do (though not nearly as often as I did in my callow youth). Hence, Gwen props her legs up and takes a picture of them to post on POF.

So far, no one seems to have been injured by the picture.
 abelian
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/5/2009 10:02:48 PM

Who says a woman looking for a relationship instead of a quickie doesn't have the right to use sensuality to attract a guy,

A woman has the right to attract a guy any way she wants. She doesn't have the right to complain about the guys she attracts nor does she have the right to insist on only positive comments.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/5/2009 10:58:16 PM

A woman has the right to attract a guy any way she wants. She doesn't have the right to complain about the guys she attracts nor does she have the right to insist on only positive comments.

Actually, she does have the RIGHT to complain--there isn't any law against it.

In addition, I have found it doesn't matter what type of pics I post on my profile: I still get the "hey, babe, u wanna do it" emails.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/5/2009 11:27:28 PM

Plenty of flesh meaning that there are a lot of women on here who seem to think the only way they can catch a man is to have as little clothes on as possible.

I am sure that someone pointed this out, but there are loads of man-shots with no shirts and not a few in shorts.
 robfish
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/6/2009 12:14:50 AM
Maybe they are lacking in intelligence and personality and figure the best way to get a full inbox is to show as much skin as possible......then they wonder why the majority of messages they receive are from sex crazed perverts.
 HazelRose
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/6/2009 12:46:12 AM
I just find the pics where you either see the flash of the cell phone or the entirety of it in the mirror hysterical. Sexy pics, well it depends on what you write in your bio. If you are trying to get a nice guy who is not into casual crappy realationships or the random booty call, lose the ho clothes. To the guys who flash their pecs or less, don't be surprised if you get a less than wonderful gal to notice you.

People use those types of photos to grab attention because they assume that the most important part of themself is worthless comapred to their "assets".

Personally, I love a nice smile with a great intro since I love eyes. If I like you, we will see each other to soon enough...
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/6/2009 5:39:10 AM

In my experiences from dating, when a man and woman meet, we dont shake hands then reach for our half naked pictures and exchange them in person.

Of course, you are right, but it is amazing what people will do--and not necessarily on dates.

I had an erstwhile friend a few years back who was in grad school with me. My then SO and I met her for sushi one day. She had a big envelope with her and when we sat, she gave it to me, saying, "Here's something I would like for you to see--I am proud of myself."

When I opened them, there were about 10 or so "arty" nude pictures of her. She did NOT have an attractive body! As I gawked, unable to look away (like the scene of an accident), she grabbed a couple and handed them to my SO, telling him, "You can see, too." At that moment, the male server came up behind me and said, "Oh, nice pictures!" in a thick Asian accent.

She grabbed them, stuffed them in the envelope and said huffily, "I didn't mean for him to see them."

For the life of me, I still can't figure out the difference between my SO (whom she had NEVER met prior to lunch) and the server seeing the pictures.

It takes all kinds.
 abelian
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:10:38 AM
Actually, she does have the RIGHT to complain--there isn't any law against it.

I stand corrected.

In addition, I have found it doesn't matter what type of pics I post on my profile: I still get the "hey, babe, u wanna do it" emails.

You could always remove your photos. (Yes, I've contacted quite a few women without photos, so I'm not being cavalier in suggesting that.)
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:20:06 AM

I am only wondering why SOME women here show so much in their introductions?

Last year, over 500,000 women got breast implants. At the very same time all the laws which would make any man who responded to those larger breasts into a rapist got broadened, expanded, and made more vague and subjective. The more the law pushes men away from women, the more overtly sexual women have to become in order to attract men’s attention at all because they're stuck in a certain paradigme and can't think of any other way to be "attractive".
 RushLuv
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:27:53 AM

I am sure that someone pointed this out, but there are loads of man-shots with no shirts and not a few in shorts.

Oh yes. Kinda like the photos a lot of them have with their pants so far down, that you could almost see their "friendly buddy."

I've seen photos of men posted with their bare a$$es hanging out(I don't mean teasers like the one I have). That's in full. I've seen nudity, and the whole nine coming from men on this site.

Hypocracy goes a long way.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/6/2009 8:35:42 AM

You could always remove your photos. (Yes, I've contacted quite a few women without photos, so I'm not being cavalier in suggesting that.)

I am a visual person. I want to see a photo of a man before I talk with him and if I don't show the same courtesy, I would be remiss.

And I don't seem to mind the stupid/sexist emails as much as some women do; I like to play with the idiots on occasion before cutting them loose. Warped, I know. I have the complete ability to tell them to piss off, to not answer, etc.

the more overtly sexual women have to become in order to attract men’s attention at all because they're stuck in a certain paradigme and can't think of any other way to be "attractive".

Men certainly keep contributing to this paradigm. I would bet money that the stereotypical librarian or English teacher picture of a straightlaced woman with her hair in a tight bun, wearing a turtleneck, looking prim and severe will NOT get as much attention, even if her profile is well written, witty, and shows her intelligence, as a woman showing legs or cleavage.

I have seen pictures of butt ugly and/or obese women on the lists of many favorites. Their profiles say nothing, but they have extremely provocative pictures. It must be a rush for these women to get attention online that I imagine they do not get in real life.

There is nothing wrong with being overtly sexual, but women need to know how to handle the attention it brings to them. I think it is hypocritical and a bit stupid of women to show cleavage and then complain that men look.

And men need to understand that because a woman is overtly sexual, it does NOT mean she wants to have sex with every Tom,**** and Harry who comes along: looking at cleavage, etc., is expected, but touching or not backing off when told "no" is another matter.
 abelian
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:12:28 AM
And I don't seem to mind the stupid/sexist emails as much as some women do; I like to play with the idiots on occasion before cutting them loose. Warped, I know. I have the complete ability to tell them to piss off, to not answer, etc.

Actually, that seems quite normal. It's more fun to do that than get pissed off.

I agree with you... but I think most of the time they are actually bragging in disguise.

I'm quite sure of that. They only get pissed off when called on it, due to an inflated sense of their own ability to snow people.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:25:46 AM

I agree with you... but I think most of the time they are actually bragging in disguise.

Janet, and I agree with you.

too many people think this is serious business...its a dating site, if you meet a nice person, and have fun with it along the way...who cares what picture is up there... men, are men, they will undress you reguardless of what is up there, if someone chooses to show playful pictures, leave them alone to do it...if she/he is not for you, move on.

Awomen, sister!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 12:29:12 PM
I think the problem here is that many women think most men can read. Perhaps they can, but many don't bother!

Sexy pictures - big deal. They're advertising, "Hey, notice me, I'm an attractive, sexy woman, and please read my profile to find out who I really am." I do read, if I'm interested (not these days, since I'm in a relationship, but when I'm in dating mode, yes). I'll read even if the the pictures aren't sexy - as long as the person seems to be attractive. I'm not going to discriminate or assume a sexy picture implies anything more than that the person is attractive.

Everyone should know by now that sexy appearance does not necessarily mean or imply anything. If a woman in looking for sex, well, sure, those pictures will get her attention. If she's looking for a relationship, they'll serve the same purpose, but she may have a little more work to do to screen out the players. Of course, that's going to be true for any attractive woman, regardless of what pictures she posts.

I like sex as much as anyone, so I enjoy the sexy photos. It tells me that here's a woman who looks good, is confident in her appearance, and may actually have a healthy attitude towards sex. I'll reserve judgment on whether she's a good match or not until I read more or exchange emails.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >