Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Molly Maude
Msg: 24
view profile
History
The Pain of being a skinny guy.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
the OP seems to be long gone ... but his shadow lives on in this post ...

it amuses me that, for every rejection I receive, I feel compelled to create a BACK STORY
in my mind ... instead of just assuming that he wasn't interested in me for whatever reason
and who cares what the reason was ... I create some sort of back story ... like the OP was
doing!

it never occurred to the OP that women didn't want to date him because of his attitudes
about women ... or his attitudes about sex ... or his lack of interest in GETTING TO KNOW
a woman ... another human being ... with romance to follow ...

no ... it was ALL due to his being skinny ...

to me, bodies are far less interesting than attitudes ... at this age (old), I'm more interested
in what a man stands for ... what his thoughts are ... his interests and passions ...

at least, MY back stories are funny ...
 Hozo
Msg: 25
view profile
History
The Pain of being a skinny guy.
Posted: 9/24/2012 1:13:41 PM
The general physical issues the poster presents work with both sexes. Women generally shun a thin guy in favour of a larger hulking football player type. These more desirable men do the same thing by preferring thin women who look like models. I have witnessed a majority of hulking football player looking men shun women who are larger. This behaviour seems widespread.

Yet in comparison I've noticed very few thin women with equally thin men. They are overwhelmingly paired with larger specimens by their own choice. It seems the same for thin men....they are generally paired with women who are larger than them. I'm not sure if that is their ideal choice of these thin men, or these larger women, or if it is something they settle for. If given their choice, would these thin men prefer thin women, and likewise, would these larger women prefer larger men?

I am a firm believer in the 'opposites attract' idea, and I think many times this applies to body types. Personally, I would prefer someone my size, that way I could double my wardrobe LOL. But in my life I have gotten far more attention from those women who are larger than me, & that's OK . The original poster seems to feel that because of these examples, it's his manifest destiny to pair with someone thin. Since he hasn't, he has failed. It's really not his choice, though it seems. It appears women engage in the same behaviour generally that men do, which is judge and choose by personal physical appearance preferences.
 tallshyman
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 11:46:06 PM
people may think a skinny man is a drug addict
 Red_5
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/25/2012 5:31:50 AM
That's as good a stereotype as assuming all BBW are taking zyprexa or depakote.
 RyanReed
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/26/2012 5:07:01 PM
OMG...THE PAIN!!! The AGONY!!

I'm 5'9. I graduated at a weight of 123 pounds.

I thought to myself...boy, I sure am skinny.

So I did what any logicl skinny person would do, I started working out.

I'm 31 now and I weigh 155, and I'm still skinny, but every woman I've dated has enjoyed my body. All I had to do was eat healthy, and learn how to work out the right way. It's not that hard. You just have to try hard.

Moral of story: Don't play the victim
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >