Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > what do you say      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 1
view profile
History
what do you sayPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Hey gang just a question for all of you. What do you say to someone to show them that you are truly interested in getting to know them without seeming like you are stalking them relentlessly? I am just curious to see what some techniques of getting someone to notice you are.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 2
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/12/2009 8:49:47 AM
The problem I am having ceecee is that I do invite them out then never hear from them again. Maybe next month's meet and greet will help out but at this point, I am beginning to truly wonder if it is me.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 3
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:02:28 PM
Shylady, I am sorry that I do not have any more pics of myself up. I am not actually a big drinker, those are just from a local website that comes to some of the bigger events. I honestly do not drink that much, maybe a beer a week. I normally am a dd for anyone who gets too smashed and needs a ride home.

Hugskisses, At least you had lunch with someone. I have had 2 potential meetings bail on me. One was at least nice enough to text me that day and let me know she was sick and couldn't make it, though she hasn't contacted me since. The other decided to wait until I drove 2 hours to meet her then she was 45 minutes late showing up. When she did, she took off and said an hour later when she finally answered her phone she couldn't do this.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 4
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:25:55 PM
Hugs, I did call her back left her a couple of voicemails but then nothing there or here. What's discouraging here are the ones that you talk to back and forth for a few days and you think ok this might be going somewhere, then boom never hear from them again and when you check there is that dreaded read deleted by the last sent message.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 5
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/16/2009 8:40:08 PM
Thank you for the advice my friend. I used to have a group of friends that went out together and we had a great time but due to some things happening, the band broke up and now its hard starting over anew after almost 10 years of running with the same circle. I know what you mean with the one comment as well LOL.

Maybe next month's shindig across the mountain in asheville is what I need to get off this hump.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 6
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/16/2009 9:05:47 PM
Do you know me sassy? That is a little bit scary
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 7
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/16/2009 10:07:51 PM
Based on what some people here are saying hugs, I call bullshit on that one LOL!!!!!!!!
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 8
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/17/2009 2:37:38 PM
Well at least I will now have one person to talk to at Chaser's next month. Hope to see you there.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 9
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/17/2009 8:04:54 PM
well keith, its not that I am looking for something instant, because I know that is not going to happen. I want something that starts off slow and builds like a wave in the ocean. Friends right now ar fine because I have a lot on my plate wieh being in nursing school right now. I would like to find someone who would enjoy doing some simple things at first, then build toward something bigger. It just seems like no one understands or appreciates that concept here anymore.

Enough rambling for 1 night lets get 8/15 here so this party can get started!!!!
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 10
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/21/2009 7:20:53 PM
I would hope so after saying something like that!!!!! I would know that there is a time and place to talk. Good that you blocked him. I haven't had that luxury though, and that is the point I was trying to make with this whole thing. I have invited several out to meet as friends and so far have had one bite and had to go to Nashville for that one. It just seems like some here say one thing and mean another and I guess thats where I am getting confused by it all.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 11
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/21/2009 9:40:37 PM
hugs, the problem is when you get something going then it just fades off like the one that got away. after a while you begin to wonder if the bait is good anymore.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 12
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:38:16 AM
here is the example I have for that,

was talking to a woman from knoxville, she seemed like a very nice lady. We joked around on here, found out we had a lot in common and thought it would be nice to meet up as friends. We agreed to meet in the old city as friends on a friday night. Friday comes along and she falls ill suddenly and has to cancel. I say that is fine as it saves me from having to make a journey and then her not show up. I check on her via text(as we had exchanged numbers here) a couple of days later to see if she is feeling ok and if she would like to reschedule. She said that she wsa and that she would get back to me as far as another meeting. After that, nothing, nada, zilch contact from her sent 1 more message just to see if there was something I had said or did wrong, no response. Hence why I mad the comment about maybe needing to change the bait.
 maples01
Msg: 13
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/23/2009 6:31:17 PM
There is no bait, it's just you, who you are, you can't change that, if you do smoke screen it, you'll be living a lie, and believe me, it will get you in the end, can result in drama.
I have no contacts, yet don't feel it necessary to change my profile, it's me, if you aren't interested in getting to know me because what I've put down, well you will not like me. I think many on these sites are out to meet people, looking for absolutely nothing else, which could lead to meeting that one person they have something in common with, and become more. Yet I also saw that Match made the news with a liar who played women, would spike their drinks and take advantage, so you also have to keep your guard up. I gave up, it's just not in the cards for me right now, I'm not looking to push, it'll happen for me when it's meant to be, goes the same for all of you, just trust in yourselves.
 tnlpn2010
Msg: 14
view profile
History
what do you say
Posted: 7/24/2009 8:02:29 PM
And that is something I dont want to have to do keith, change who I am.
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > what do you say