Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
no sex for 15 monthsPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Most recently went about 26 months after my seperation. Before that went 5 yrs. Off and on weeks and months at a time in between.

Do I like it? No. Did I survive it? Well, duh... yes. Was it difficult? Sure, at times. Would I do it again? Only if necessary...
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 7
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 7/7/2009 2:08:01 PM
backcheck, did your wife have oral surgery too? That would be a real downer.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 14
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 7/7/2009 4:30:41 PM
in the past decade there was one period of 4 and a half years...

it was AWFUL!!!

CharmedinKtown
Msg: 19
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 7/7/2009 5:02:39 PM
I went 14 months after I split with my first husband, I needed the time to assure my son and I could adjust and adapt to the huge changes in our lives. It was a personal choice.

This first time is hard to get out of the way, no question. Decide what is best for you, a random encounter or a relationship. After 15 months though man, you should have some closure and healing should be progressing. If it isn't, talk to a therapist (no judgement, we all heal at different rates).
 kickingfate
Msg: 26
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 7/7/2009 5:57:02 PM
its been ...........well way to friggin long for me...But i can say i could lift a fully loaded minivan with my right arm. I'll leave the reason why to your imaginations.

But i pity the poor woman i sleep with next...she had better pack a lunch and not make any plans..because its going to be a long session.
 notregme
Msg: 30
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 7/7/2009 7:29:39 PM
11 years + but I shoot things so i get a bang one way or the other.ive made peace with it.lol
 _Paradoximus_Maximus
Msg: 31
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 7/7/2009 8:43:40 PM
I have one friend who has gone over 19 years and another that rarely goes 19 days -- so people can cast quite a different perspective on their physical and emotional needs. I don't think it's wise to dwell on intervals -- and it is not something I would specifically track -- it becomes like one of those signs on a factory 947 days without a time loss injury.... With each failed experience there's a rather geometric decline in physical needs.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 33
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 7/8/2009 3:35:25 PM
Ah, hell, son, that's nothing. I beat that span several times over and that was married.

Difficult? Hmm, let's just say I have little recollection of the period and would prefer not to. It was not fun, not pretty, and more frustrating than talking to a teenager.

TK
{was a good time to reflect on all the topics we should have discussed before marriage ... but didn't}
 soflnighteagle
Msg: 43
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:33:01 PM
I've gone two years, to help deal with it I started working out at the gym. It did up my sex drive a bit, but I would be so sore and tired that I couldn't have done anything anyway. Also try long walks, after the sixth mile your mind kind of turns to mush and you don't think about anything but getting done and sitting down.
 m14shooter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Wow.....wow....
Posted: 11/5/2009 12:56:10 AM
8 years was the longest I went without since I first had sex. The first couple years were bad but it got easier, I took care of myself every day though as I knew for sure if I didn't get that stuff out of me I would go crazy.
 ChefInJeans
Msg: 47
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 11/5/2009 8:11:10 AM
I went 21 years heh, but time since the first, im going on over 7 months now and yeah, its a bit difficult (was gonna put hard then realized what I was saying lol).
 setuid
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Wow.....wow....
Posted: 11/5/2009 9:39:41 PM
Pfft! 15 months is nothing... I've had sex a total of 1 time in the last 4 years: New Years 2008, and the time before that was Thanksgiving 2005 (with my wife at the time).

I'm not holding out by any means, I just haven't found someone I'd like to have sex with yet...
 friendofcanine
Msg: 53
Wow.....wow....
Posted: 11/5/2009 10:17:42 PM
11 years and counting.
 roatw
Msg: 57
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 12/5/2009 2:32:28 AM
18 months now here,trying to go for a new record,woohoo
 brad1411
Msg: 59
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 12/5/2009 7:46:08 AM
It's getting close to 2 years for me. I think i'm starting to forget what it's like!!!! lol I'll tell you one thing though, if something doesn't happen soon I think my wrist might break lol.
 oldkid
Msg: 82
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 12/8/2009 5:49:08 PM
Any resonable looking woman can have a sex partner at least 7 days a week. An ugle, old, overwieght one may have to settle for once a week. I'm also sure you could have the same man for an extended period of time if that is what you want. Men have it much harder because they have to find a willing partner as the OP has pointed out. For you ladies, it is by your choice not ours!
 fetish4u
Msg: 84
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 12/8/2009 9:22:12 PM
It's been 2 months for me.The lady I was engaged to broke up with me.I feel hurt and bitter.I can understanding about not wanting a relationship.
 lonelyman154
Msg: 85
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 12/9/2009 10:28:15 PM
5 years and counting........
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 94
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 1/16/2010 11:05:40 PM
Well I was 19 years old the first time then during and after my divorce I went approximately 2 and a half years without sex. Sex to me should be with someone you love not just to satisfy needs. Ironically, my first time after the divorce was a one night stand when I was drunk, completely against my beliefs. Then it was probably a few months before I again did something out of character, slept with a man who only wanted to be FWB. I already had feelings for him and foolishly thought he would change his mind. Probably a few more months went by before I met someone online and we started dating, it was about 3 weeks maybe from when we met. He suddenly became distant after about 2 months and we broke up and this was in November 2008, I met another man online in March 2009 and we waited until late October or early November to bring sex into our relationship. So that was a year without sex. I would have no problem waiting even longer as there are much more important things in a relationship to me than sex. I never wanted meaningless sex and after one "bad" lol year I was more cautious. I had only been with 2 men one I dated for over a year before sleeping with him and the other one I married. Then that one year I tried to be more sexual to find love but it only brought me heartache. I need love first and was willing to wait as long as it took to find the one I want to be with the rest of my life. I don't like the fact I slept with 3 men against my better judgement but wasn't going to let it happen again. I was scared to start another serious relationship too. I realize some people can have sex just for entertainment without emotional attachment but that is not for me.

It may be much more difficult for you OP than for other posters so it doesn't really matter what any of us say. It is only how you feel that matters. Do you want to have casual sex just for fun or wait until you find a meaningful relationship?
 Synn3r
Msg: 95
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 1/16/2010 11:20:37 PM
15 months? is that all? Perhaps some new hobbies would do some good.
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 96
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:51:58 AM
Considering that SEX used to be a regular part of my life, and I thought one of the BEST parts of my life,...I have now slowed down, and dont have the "Urge" as often as I used to.

Sure,..I would like to be able to enjoy a nice normal sex life again,

But its going to have to be for the right reasons,....not just SEX for SEX sake,

Not just so I can obtain "Sexual Release"

Not just with someone I find attractive,

Its is going to be for the best reasons of all,

LOVE,....WARMTH,....COMPASSION,....CARING,....KINDNESS.

Sex is just that,...Sex.

I want the ability to be able to lay beside my partner, and just bask in the sheer pleasure of knowing that the person Im with is shareing more than just sex,
their shareing their LOVE,..their Soul,..their Passion.

When two souls entwine and become as one, it is a Beautiful thing.

Its been years since I've had "Sex",...or "Love"

It might be years more, who knows ?

I figure I've had my fair share, and now its time for me sit this dance out.

Maybe I'll get Lucky, and some Lady will be able to help me change this situation.

But it isnt going to be just anyone, its going to take a very Special Lady.

Doing with out sex is easy,..it might NOT be Fun, but.

Sharing yourself with someone you LOVE,...is sooooooooooo much more satisfying.

So I think I'll wait.
 TedJMill
Msg: 97
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 1/17/2010 6:46:13 PM

how long have you gone without sex and how difficult was it?

Several decades, depending when you want to start counting. And it wasn't difficult at all; it was natural for me.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 99
view profile
History
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 1/18/2010 7:19:51 AM
hmmm, let's see? after my ex boyfriend and i broke up back in 2005 we became fwb for a while. we're still friends but now there's no benefits, that ended in august 2008. it's because of something he said. i was hurt in a car accident over 3 yrs ago and the comment that was made was because of no one being interested in dating me at least i can have sex with him. once that was said and i felt as if he was seeing me out of pity i put a stop to that! i haven't had sex in going on 3 yrs and don't give a rats azz about it right now. if a guy can't accept me for me and respect my wishes then he's not worth it! sex is the least of my worries and friendship comes first.
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 101
no sex for 15 months
Posted: 1/18/2010 9:19:39 AM
I'm willing to wait as long as takes. The FWB, FB, won't do it for me as tempting as it may be sometimes. Whoever I'm with has to be on the same page as I am.
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 103
Wow.....wow....
Posted: 1/19/2010 7:56:57 AM
Let me see ...mister wiggley has been on his own now for going on 9 years this coming August. Not that I haven't given him a hand now and then but he hasn't really taken the plunge for quite some time now. I was hoping I could take him
spelunking with me at some point and time in the future but then he and I would need to have a third party to join us to make this work. I have been looking for such a person but so far no luck. Maybe he and I will just have to settle for finding a third person that the three of us can do other things besides cave exploring and be happy with that.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >