Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stargazer1000
Msg: 18
Scientists have created human spermPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Scientist: "Ladies and gentlemen of the press, we'd just like to announce we've developed a way to create sperm."

Reporter: "Uuummm...okay! Why?"

Scientist: "Well...because..."

Reporter: "Is there a threat to the world supply? Oh, and why does that guy in the corner look so satisfied with himself? And why is his hand twitching?"

Scientist: "Um..um..ignore him. He always looks that way. Hey, we created sperm. That's great. Oh, and you see this sheep? Notice how he looks like this other sheep? Clones!"

Hey, love science and the work that scientists do...I just wonder if they couldn't put their efforts to better use sometimes. I really do.
 Passion4MusicandWomen
Msg: 19
Scientists have created human sperm
Posted: 7/8/2009 5:05:11 PM
Whats next A good Lite Beer?

Thats already been invented ... Miller Lite ftw.

The way I see it, who cares what or how scientist created sperm. Its all just for attention. I'm sure we'd all agree on the traditional, satisfying, no turning back now method.
 itsmillertime6227
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/8/2009 9:35:31 PM
I really don't like it when we try to "play God." However, science has done very good things for us. Hopefully this isn't our next step to A Brave New World.
 Jewels49
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/9/2009 1:15:16 AM

Are we playing God? How does this affect religious view?

@Connor-18
Just playing devils advocate.
What prompted this (perhaps badly worded) question was the religious dogma that has zealously campaigned against both stem cell research and abortion. Why would this "breakthrough" be any different? Especially when the technology comes from using human embryos.
I'm all for freedom of choice.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >