Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Paradoximus_Maximus
Msg: 17
Why Men Prefer Pretty FacesPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"Pretty" is often directly linked to symmetry of features -- and its assessment is part of the "toolkit" provided to us after millions of years of evolution to assess a mate. Symmetry is read as a Quality Control feature -- good breeding stock -- as they say in the livestock business.
 HazelRose
Msg: 18
Why Men Prefer Pretty Faces
Posted: 7/9/2009 4:03:00 AM
Even mother dogs and cats will roll out out of their litter the babe that is deemed "not fit or ugly". It is a sad and scary world we live in, but only the strong suvive.
 hellgremlin
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2009 5:51:30 AM
Why men prefer pretty faces?

Because the alternative is ugly faces.

I should get a Nobel for this one!
 highline9
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 8:05:46 PM
Actually, beauty can be measured. A lot of things we deem attractive in life conform to the Phi ratio. From facial beauty, to body beauty, birds, insect, plants, everything.

There is actually a phi mask you can put over your own face to determine how HOT STUFF you are. No matter what race you are, if you match the mask, you're most likely a ten.

YES...watching the History Channel finally paid off! Here I thought I'd never use this knowledge.

Phi...google it.
 danishsweetbread
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/10/2009 11:53:00 PM
The bible has the story of Potiphar's wife trying to seduce Joseph who was "handsome in form and appearance" and said she said to him "Lie with me".

Looks like women can lose it at the sight of a handsome face, just like men can at sight of a pretty one.

Humans, all our feet are made of clay.
 whytwater
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/11/2009 9:39:51 AM

The bible has the story of Potiphar's wife trying to seduce Joseph who was "handsome in form and appearance" and said she said to him "Lie with me".

I'd be, uhhhhh, pretty much seduced if some winsome wench murmured "f-ck me" in my ear, but "Lie with me"? I'd probably be thinking she had forgotten the exact punchline from that Pinochio joke where Snow White is riding is tongue. But 's okay, I'd still "get it". Lol. I think we all need to move past that King James version, anyway.
 danishsweetbread
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/11/2009 11:03:55 AM
whytwater, that was from the New American Std Version, not much unlike the KJV.

The New Living Translation shows Gen. 39:6b-7
"Joseph was a very handsome and well-built young man, and Potiphar’s wife soon began to look at him lustfully. “Come and sleep with me,” she demanded."
 CharmedinKtown
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/11/2009 9:30:59 PM
Attractiveness is subjective. Meaning it depends on the person viewing the face, and the person owning the face.

Beautiful face combined with a self centred, selfish attitude the beauty tends to fade fast. The average face with an amazing personality, sexuality and a zest for life I bet will hold the longer attention in the end.

Of course perhaps as an average bbw, I am talking myself into believing that lol.
 danishsweetbread
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/11/2009 9:58:45 PM
charmed_blonde

Of course perhaps as an average bbw, I am talking myself into believing that lol

Oh my gosh, I already had "I am your average bbw" up on my profile! and there you are writing that phrase on the forums.
 FierceAndGenerous
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/14/2009 1:00:19 PM
You left out a very important part of that study, which is babies are attracted to symmetry in faces...symmetry= beauty(?)/interest to babies.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >