Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Commonsens
Msg: 4
Good Girl?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
for me a good girl is far simpler:

- who doesn't lie
- who doesn't cheat
- who doesn't steal
- who doesn't manipulate
- who do not use people or abuse them.
- who have self respect and also able to respect others
- who is not self centered
- good sens of values..and apply them.
- balanced

probably there is more, but it sum it up so far.
 varinia
Msg: 8
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/10/2009 2:59:38 PM
"- Calm, relaxed, and easy to get along with - no impulsive happy or unhappy outbursts, no rushed decisions, no rushed judgments, no "OMG
- Her voice is soft and gentle like a feather
- the type of girl you can hardly ever get pissed-off at, and if you do, it doesn't last more than 2 minutes.
- does not hold grudges, "

Boy, I must be a really bad girl ;-)
 HazelRose
Msg: 9
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/10/2009 3:14:29 PM
I would fall into the latter of both qualities of good and bad:
The Good
1) I have no children
2) Never been married
3) Do not cheat
4) Do not lie (I am as blunt as children's scissors).
5) Do not do drugs
6) Help save lives
7) Help people
8) Love my immediate family
9) Forgive those who have hurt me
10) Know when to admit I was wrong

The Bad
1) I love going out and having fun.
2) I love piercings (just not in the face, but I will let the groin thing slide for others)
3) I love tattoos.
4) I love action.
5) Terrified of marriage
6) Hate the idea of losing myself
7) Crave action and sweets
 packagedealx3
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/10/2009 3:26:44 PM
Other relationship also implies something out of the norm so changing what you are looking for to friends or dating would probably be a good idea. I also wouldn't think that the number of marriages or whether you were married to the father of your children is a morals issue, but a stability issue. At your age, someone talking about good girls is probably a twit.
 aliveone1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/10/2009 7:19:35 PM
x-file, your perfect girl sounds like the inflatable type. Why didn't you just write, "A girl with no opinions who never opens her mouth unless it is to make me feel better about myself."? Oh, and who genuinely likes sex.
 steph1026
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/10/2009 8:30:24 PM
I don't understand why this applies to women only? Men can be "bad men" too. If you are not true to your nature and don't treat people the way you want to be treated, with honesty, respect, etc. then you are a bad person, lol. Why would we assume that women can be bad? I believe that is dangerous to not only the woman who believes she may be "bad" but also to the men who think women can be bad, but for some reason men are exempt from being bad? call me confused.
 steph1026
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/10/2009 8:32:45 PM
Well said. Thank you
 Vannili
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/10/2009 10:29:16 PM
Msg1 : For me you are a good woman, I don't understand why some men put in their profile that they are seeking Good Girl, perhaps what they mean is a nun, but I am not sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I think I am a good girl too, but if the guys don't believe me, and I can't prove it hmm, that 's the break.

HazelRose
Msg: 20
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/11/2009 3:11:44 AM
Ok where are the good boys? Those guys saving themselves for marriage. Those guys not proving how virile they are with those so called bad girls. The ones us good girls can bring home to... well I guess some people still have parents. LOL Oh wait, they might not exist. Don't get me wrong people, I think there is good and bad in all of us. Some just cherish each side more than the other, but evil is necessary, therefore evil is good. Without bad, well there cannot be good, so it is with checks and balances. LoL
 Sherlock101
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/11/2009 11:48:02 AM
I think it just basically means someone with good morals...
 abelian
Msg: 27
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/11/2009 2:00:39 PM

Would you consider me a bad girl? I attend church regularly, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do any drugs,

The ``attend church regularly'' would probably be a dealbreaker for me.
 dd3va
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/11/2009 2:03:40 PM
Just because you have been married more than once and have children out of wedlock does not make you a bad girl. The opinion that matterrs that most here is yours. There are always going to be people that condemn you for your lifestyle. Good or bad, only you know the truth. Besides, a little bad can be good.
 Commonsens
Msg: 30
Good Girl?
Posted: 7/11/2009 4:35:43 PM
Reckless optimist, your unique (and eunuque) fantasy vision of things is the proud brain child of a jerry springer show; but hey! it works! you have obtain here all the attention you where seeking! Bravo! ( and you have successfully banned yourself of 99.9% of the women population)

Bad girl does everything you told? I think not! Why will you want a slave as a partner anyway? You're not man enough to be equal to a real woman? (No need to answer we already know...it is the result of several well known psychological issues you clearly display).
Beside, most bad girl I know are more then capable to unscrew your head and can gladly force you to eat your own testicles with mustard before tossing your arse to a couple of big guys in studded leather. Still want a bad girl? Sill want to try to dominate another person? Talk is cheap boy.
 Soulsister47
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/18/2009 10:22:47 PM
I think the misconception is that there are some people out there that think that a good person acts and behaves is a particular way. But I truly believe that all humans are capable of being bad. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Sooo for someone to be looking for a good girl, you actually have to find out from that person what they mean and what their guidelines are. We all have different perceptions as how bad is bad and how good is good..The one thing I can assure you is that no one is 100 percent good and vice versa.
 ambitious12065
Msg: 35
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:04:35 PM
To me married several times and children out of wedlock doesn't make you bad. But I would n't consider you a good girl.

I think you've made some poor choices along the way.
 barbee1970
Msg: 36
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:12:38 PM
Man, I see a mine field of red flags here. If your a good girl, I must be an angel .

x files described me to a T. Divorced many times with alot of kids out of wedlock would suggest promiscuity. I mean these clinics offer us free birth control.

Good girls don't like to do risky behavior either.
 RedNeckCityBoy420
Msg: 37
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:53:05 PM
Simple Darling! A LADY IN THE STREETS & A FREAK UNDER THE SHEETS!!!!!
That is what GOOD GIRLS are made of......
 Sabrosura
Msg: 39
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/19/2009 6:31:48 PM
OP: I guess someone with morals and ethical...................whatever they deem this to be.
 Soulsister47
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/19/2009 7:56:11 PM
how about lets leave it to Billy Joel to sum it up for us:

She can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
And she only reveals what she wants you to see
She hides like a child, but she's always a woman to me

She can lead you to love, she can take you or leave you
She can ask for the truth, but she'll never believe you
And she'll take what you give her as long it's free
Yeah, She steals like a thief, but she's always a woman to me

CHORUS
Ohhh... she takes care of herself
She can wait if she wants, she's ahead of her time
Ohhh... and she never gives out
And she never gives in, she just changes her mind

And she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding
But she’ll bring out the best and the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself 'cause she's always a woman to me
 LuvjenNJ
Msg: 41
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/19/2009 7:58:17 PM
I have often wondered that myself. It is quite different than saying "nice" girl. Good girl does it imply "innocent" because quite honestly I don't think a lot of the guys that say they want a "good" girl or a "nice" girl really mean it lol. I think what they really mean is "good girl with a really naughty side" lol. But that just my opinion.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 42
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/19/2009 8:32:45 PM

I think what they really mean is "good girl with a really naughty side"

That's true for most of us. We want to be able to take you home to family, work or a classy social. Then again we also want the adventurous and wild side.

I think that's true with both sexes. You ladies want the same from us guys.
 CoolOldBroad
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Good Girl?
Posted: 8/22/2009 1:41:30 PM
Ah, I can only think of the saying"When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad -- I'm very, very good." LOL.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >